LGFIRE

Reaction score
View attachment 420282
Federacion de Futbol de Chile
Official statement from Juan Vargas

Over the years, it has been very difficult for a Chilean manager to
succeed, only one has made a name for himself and that being Manuel Pellegrini. With my experience through the years in football, being a sunday league footballer and managing a few youngsters teams. I have decided to apply for many managerial roles, hoping to at least get one job offer. Ultimately I don't believe I will make it to any top club here in Chile but hopefully a team I can work with. Hopefully starting from the bottom will lead me to a top job in Europe, and will make me compete for the biggest trophy out there, the Champions League. We shall see where this leads me.
- Juan Vargas

View attachment 420288
​Arturo Vidal - Juventus Ace

After hearing Juan Vargas statement, Chilean ace Arturo Vidal, had a few words to state on Juan Vargas.
Arturo Vidal said:
Juan Vargas is a great coach. He taught me many things during my childhood, having him as a coach when only playing for a children's club has helped me get where I am now. Not only was he good at helping me improve my football skills, but he helped me throughout my life. In fact thanks to him I got to play for Colo-Colo since he called them to scout me. I hope for the best, and what ever club decides to take him, I guarantee he will do the outmoust to make them thrive into success.

View attachment 420087
Deportes Concepcion hire unknown manager

Few days after Juan Vargas statement to the Chilean football federation, division 1B team Deportes Concepcion has taken the opportunity to sign him as the new manager. Many "Los Leones" fans believe the major reason behind his signing was due too Arturo Vidals' strong believe in the manager succeeding. Deportes Concepcion have been in the Chilean 2nd division since 2009, and will be hoping to be back in 1st division football very soon. Though they are predicted to finish 10th, Juan Vargas believes that the club will be fighting promotion, on which many fans believe those are very high expectatives. The Concepcion based club has won the 2nd division title twice in their career, but have never really succeeded in the 1st division. With that being said they have made 2 appearances in the Copa Libertadores, their most recent being in 2001. One thing is for certain, many managers and players will be taking a close look at Juan Vargas after such a bold statement, and with Arturo Vidals' backing.

Journal Entry 1

View attachment 419425
After signing of Deportes Concepcion, I have realized that the club is still in a financial crisis. Meaning that I do not have the required transfer budget or wage budget to actually get any players to solidify the squad. Though with that being said, I believe with the correct training methods and tactics, the players of this club can fight for promotion this year. The tactic I will be implementing is a 4-2-2-2, as by looking at the squad the team has great wingers and strikers. The main striker of this season will most defiantly be a Roberto Castillo, the veteran striker has the sufficient amount of skill level to produce a great amount of goals this season, which will allow us to get promoted. Though with his age I can only see him maybe just lasting 2 season with him, meaning the club will have to find a younger striker and help develop his skills, once Roberto Castillo is no longer for use at the club. The weakest section of the club is definitely the defense, and with not many chance of brining new faces around, it seems I will have to take a look at either implementing youth players into the squad, or survive with that defense. Lastly, I do not intend to sell any player at the time being, though if a correct offer for one of my players arrives, it will more than defiantly be taken a look at.

View attachment 418426
Pre-Season

View attachment 418425

A very interesting pre-season, as Deportes Concepcion only managed to win 1 out of 5 matches through out. The weakest matches being Deportes Concepcion U20 and Fernandez Vial, in which both came out with a negative result for "Los Leones". Both matches should have been won with ease but it seems only a draw and a loss were given instead. Though the Under 20 match gave me a bit of confidence, in that my youngsters could develop to become first team players. After that came the big guns, with 4 matches against 1st division teams, I saw it as difficult tasks to accomplish wins. First came the Colo-Colo match, in which we ended up losing 7-4. This clearly showed me that we have a strong attack, as we were able to put 4 against one of the top teams in Chile. Though conceding 7, backed my opinion in my defense, and makes me believe the defense will struggle through-out the season. The Huachipato match, just proved that I can compete against top teams as losing 2-1 does not really show we are lesser than a D1 regular team. The Concepcion rivalry, against Universidad de Concepcion, leads to questioning my defense further more, as letting 4 goals past my keeper is not a positive thing. Though once again my strong attack lead to a draw in the game. Lastly, Nublense match, this was a great show of skills, as Deportes Concepcion were able to win by scoring 4. Then again getting 3 against me, really means I will have to develop a stronger defending tactic.

My most impressive player has to be Roberto Castillo as he was able to score 4 goals throughout the pre-season. He will without doubt be a key player. He will be one of my main strikers, and hopefully he will be able to bag goals against the more important matches in my pursue to achieving promotion.

Formation
View attachment 418424
At the moment I believe I will be playing a 4-2-2-2 formation. With a strong attack, I believe its very crucial in having most of my attacking players available, though with that being said, it could lead to me conceding many goals as my defense is my weakest section and with not backing it up with a DM it could lead to problems through out the season

View attachment 418371
Copa Chile Group Stages (Month of July)

View attachment 418369
Fixtures

Deportes Concepcion vs Naval
View attachment 418368

Great start to the group stages with a 5-1 victory over Naval. Adrian Fuendez was clearly the man of the hour by scoring a hat-trick, in my debut as a manager. Naval chile were the first to score, giving me a stressful time and believing it will become a goal galore, but instead we were able to turn it around.

Deportes Temuco vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 418367

With Jonathan Dominguez strike in the 4rd minute I believed this was going to be an easy win, though Deportes Temuco thought otherwise. Scoring 1 goal early in the second half, and they completely turned it around with a late goal by Nikolas Altamarino. Not the score I was looking for, as it should had been an easy win.

Deportes Concepcion vs Lota Schwager
View attachment 418366

Once again, early goal to Lota Schwager though we were able to turn it around quick with Roberto Castillo scoring on the 7th minute. After that the game became ours in only 37 minutes, and Lota were able to bring one back but were not gonna be able to complete the
comeback. Adrian Fuendez was man of the match scoring 1 and assisting 4. A 1st half match.

Naval vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 418365

Horrible way to lose with 2 last minute goal by Mario Salgado. It turn out to be a very aggressive game, with my team getting 2 red cards, which was enough for Salgado to score in the dying minutes of the game.

Lota Schwager vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 418360

Yet another draw, as it seems we can not perform in away matches. My attack had a great game but defense seems to be worrying. Specially when we get scored on the last minute yet again for a mere draw. I guess at least 1 point is better than nothing

Deportes Concepcion vs Deportes Temuco
View attachment 418359

A late Aquino goal gives us the victory over a determined Deportes Temuco. This match gives us top of the table and qualifies us to the 2nd round of the Copa Chile.

Copa Chile Group A table
View attachment 418358

Key Player
Adrian Faundez
View attachment 418357

Very important player for the group stages, not only did he score a total of 5 goals but also assisted 6 of them. Top class performance this month by Faundez.

View attachment 418003
Month of August

View attachment 418002
Fixtures

View attachment 417988

Horrible start to the league with a 0-1 loss to Naval. I'm very disappointed with the team, as we should have won this match, being at home.

View attachment 417987

At least we got a point. We suffered from an early goal in the 9th minute, but were able to turn it around with to Carlos Salom goals. Though it was not enough as Pablo Pereira was able to score a late equalizer.

Deportes Concepcion vs Union San Felipe
View attachment 417986

Yet another draw giving as a point. This time around, we were the lucky team to score a late goal in the 88th minute. Though we should have won that match as we were the home side. Starting to get worried that my defense is going to concede a lot of goals this season.

Coquimbo Unido vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 417984

Finally my first win in the league. I thought Coquimbo Unido were going to upset us, as they scored a 72nd minute, and were going to give us once again 1 point. Though Adrian Fuendez believed other wise by scoring 7 minutes after them.

Santiago Morning vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 417982

Seems to be the story of my managing career at the moment. As Fabian Carmonas' 84th minute goal gave me 1 point instead of 3. This last minute goals will have to stop if I want to get promoted. It seems that all we do at the moment is draw the matches.

Key Player
Roberto Castillo
View attachment 417977

It was very hard to chose a key player for this month as we did not perform as I expected. Thus I'll give it to Roberto Castillo for scoring 3 goals in 5 matches. Ill be expecting better performances next month around

View attachment 417485
Month of September

View attachment 417486
Fixtures

Deportes Concepcion vs San Luis
Copa Chile 2nd Round 1st Leg
View attachment 417484
Almost got the loss at home, if it were not for Jonathan Dominguez late goal, this would had been a certain loss. Luckily away goal rule does not count in this tournament, so at the moment the tie is still available for both teams.

San Marcos de Arica vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 417483

Embarrassing game, it was pretty much over by the 1st half. We better pick up our form if we want to even dream about getting promoted to 1st division this year.

Curico Unido vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 417482

Finally a win this month. Though I did not enjoy how we won, as it were 2 penalties that gave us the 2-1 victory over curico

Deportes Concepcion vs San Luis
View attachment 417481

This time around we beat San Luis 3-0 in the league. A much better display from both my strikers and defense, thank god we were able to finish the month with a win, as it gives us higher hopes to promotion this year.

View attachment 415712
Month of October

View attachment 415700
Fixtures

Naval vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 415701

Another loss to Naval for the league, it seems we just can't beat this team for league points. We had a decent strike force, but not good enough. While Mario Salgado knew exactly what to do, to beat my defense

Deportes Concepcion vs Santiago Morning
View attachment 415699

Santiago Morning did a perfect job in giving us a draw. In fact we were always behind, and luckily for us Roberto Castillo was able to score in the dying seconds of the match to give us at least 1 point.

San Luis vs Deportes Concepcion
Copa Chile Rnd 2 Leg 2
View attachment 415698

This is starting to get worrying, lost to San Luis and will not be going through to the next round of Copa Chile. It seems my defense is struggling not to concede and my strikers are not doing a good enough job to score more than the other team.

Deportes Concepcion vs Barnechea
View attachment 415694

​Finally a win, and very convincing as well. Netting 5 against Barnechea made me more relief as my strikers proved they know how to put the ball behind the net. What still worries me, is the fact that I just can't seem to keep a clean sheet.

La Serena vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 415692

Finally, a clean sheet. We were able to score a good amount of goals for a greater goal difference in the league, as well as not conceding any. It seems my defense can perform when they have too. Very pleased with this performance.

Last edited:
View attachment 415643
Month of November

View attachment 415646

Fixtures

Deportes Concepcion vs Copiapo
View attachment 415642

A great start to the month with a 5-1 win over Copiapo, seems Gabriel Avalos put his scoring boats on, as he scored 2 and capped an all wonderful performance.

San Marcos de Arica vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 415640

Ofcourse after a great performance at the start of the month, we get back to normal by losing 2-3 against San Marcos. Nicolas Medina had the home fans in raptures as he got a hat-trick, and won them the game with a 90th minute goal.

Deportes Concepcion vs Deportes Temuco
View attachment 415638

Thats what I?m talking about. After a bad display against San Marcos, we gave the fans what they wanted by beating Deportes Temuco 3-1. It was a great performance by the team as a whole.

Magallanes vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 415637

Last game of the month, and what better way to end it by beating Magallanes 2-0. It was a great performance all around as we were able to keep a clean sheet, and beat them by more than 1 goal. Though it was pretty much a 1 half match.

Last edited:
View attachment 415589
Month of December

Fixtures

Deportes Concepcion vs Coquimbo Unido

Completely outplayed them till the 70th minute. Scored a very early goal, thinking this will turn into a one sided game, which it did when were were winning 3-0 by the 63 minute. Though Coquimbo Unido did a great comeback by scoring 3 in 15 minutes. Really need to take a look at these defensive problems.

Union San Felipe vs Deportes Concepcion

Loss to a strong Union San Felipe side, they scored an early goal for Roberto Castillo to reply quickly. Though was already 3-1 down by 1st half. With Gabriel Avalos goal in the 60th minute I though we were ready for a comeback, though it seems we were not capable.

Deportes Concepcion vs Lota Schwager

Great performance to finish the first half of the season. Beating Lota in a thrilling encounter. This made me go 4th in the table and getting near to that direct promotion if finish 1st. Will be looking to play a much better 2nd half of this season

Deportes Concepcion vs Colo Colo
​Friendly

Great result against 2nd place team in the 1st division. Even though we did lose, it was by a mere 1 goal difference, and we are showing that we are becoming a much better team as a whole

Huachipato vs Deportes Concepcion
Friendly

Get in!! We beat a 1st division team by a 2 goal difference, and couldn?t be prouder with my teams performance. All in all, I?m looking forward to the 2nd half of the season, as with these last to performance we will be a team to beat.

Table (First Division B Open)
1st - San Marcos de Arica - 42
2nd - Naval - 39
3rd - Santiago Morning - 33
4th - Deportes Concepcion - 32
5th - Coquimbo Unido - 30

View attachment 415343
Month of January

View attachment 415348
Fixtures

View attachment 415347

Finally, I beat Naval for league point. Beating them all the way till the 83rd minute when Ormazabal got sent off, they were abele to tie it up. Though center back Carlos Escobar saved the day with a 90th minute goal to give me all 3 points

View attachment 415346

Great performance by Narvaez, scoring a brace. While Castillo finished any doubts int the 90th minute. Seems we are becoming fans of scoring at the last minute. 2 back to back victories is a great way to start the Division B Close

Deportes Concepcion vs Union San Felipe
View attachment 415345

Quite boring match, until Union San Felipe were able to score in the 63rd minute. I guess the dream start to the league was put on hold with this match.

Coquimbo Unido vs Deportes Concepcion
View attachment 415344

Finished the month with our winning ways, by scoring 3 against Coquimbo. Great all round performance by the team as it was 6 different goal scorers. As usual we scored in the last minute with Jonthan Dominguez scoring on the 93rd minute.