BillyMorton

Reaction score
images

Unknown manager takes Hamburg hotseat!

12198090531909861341man%20silhouette.svg.hi.png

In what seems as a shock appontment, a virtually unknown manager by the name of Billy Morton has taken the vacant managerial postion at Hamburger SV. Billy Morton is German born, but for these last few years he has spent his life in his father's fatherland in Scotland.

Morton has reportedly managed a amateur club by the name of Glasgow Harp F.C where he achieved relative success but the appointment at Hamburg has came as a suprise to many fans across Germany. However Morton did receive coaching training at Rangers F.C so does have some coaching experiance we are told. Morton is only 28 years old, so is that really enough experiance to be managing in the Bundesliga?

Will Morton Succeed?
Leave your comments below.

Last edited:
Shock

View attachment 255284

I have to admit the appointment came as a bit of a shock to me too. One moment I was managing a game with Harp in Glasgow (a game that we won, might I add) and then this German fellar walks up to me. German is my mothertongue so I could understand him.

"You manage this team?" The man looked me down.

I nodded "aye, I do" I gave him suspicious look "what's a German doing in these parts?" I asked with a hint of rudeness.

"I could ask you the same question"

We chuckled. I was trying to work out who this mystery man was. He was well dressed and was he German. Nope I was out of ideas.

"You a parent then?" I asked, it was almost as if I was interrogating him.

He shook his head "no, I'm here for work. I'm trying to recruit Ronny Deila for the vacant managerial position at Hamburger SV, but I've just come to watch the locals play for a bit. I've always got to keep my eyes open for fresh talent"

"Well you've come to the right place, my boys are the best in the league at the moment... you mentioned Hamburg, that's where I was born, coincidentally Hamburger SV are the team I support! Well not for a long time I haven't really followed them since I moved to Glasgow in 1992 but I still know the golden era like the back of my hand."

We laughed, for three hours me and this 'mystery' man talked at the local cafe. I found out that his name was Marinus Bester, I found out he actually played for the club in the 90s! I didn't know what he did now but I thought he must be high up in Hamburg if he was looking for a manager for the club. He didn't give anything away.

We were just about to part ways, when Marinus got a call it was from Ronny. I didn't know the exact conversation but all I saw was that Marinus burst into range and kept shouting down the phone "you're probably not worth it anyway, I bet anyone could do a better job than you." Ronny couldn't have the interview, the Celtic board had restricted it and on top of that Ronny thought Hamburg was a down grade and he wouldn't have joined anyway.

95858833e61647e6155990e254459598.png

Marinus Bester

Well after the dog fight was over, Marinus looked at me, swore than sat back down. "I'll tell you what" he said "you can win games, you understand Hamburg, you're a fan for goodness sake!"

"Wait... I manage a amateur football club and I haven't followed the club in 20 years! I'm sure the Bundesliga is a bit harder than amateur football in Scotland.

"Hear me out. I need a manager this week! You're more than capeable. Ronny chickened out but you haven't, you can't. This is probably the greatest oppurtunity of your life! Meet me at the Imtech at Hamburg if you want it, ask for Marinus they'll let you see me. I know you'll make the right choice."

Now you can understand the shock on my face. The little history talk with Marinus had actually turned out to be a job interview for Hamburg... In the Bundesliga. It was unbelieveable. Marinus shook my hand and left in a hurry and not in a good mood. I just sat down, evaluated my options and booked a flight to Hamburg.

I had no idea where this would take me.

Last edited:
I'm hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, I haven't updated this in a while but this comment may be the catalyst for me to start updating the story again, I have updated the previous updates so they look more appealing.

Didn't see this before but it looks interesting, good luck!

Classic example of a good start that just gets lost somehow.

Great start mate, keep it up! Dont make us beg! :p

German Surroundings

2000px-HSV-Logo.svg.png

The craziest month of my life started emotionally. The boys at Harp were as shocked as I was when they heard about me being offered the Hamburg job, and they expressed their support as their "gaffer" was going on to big things. There was a great sadness though as there was a chance I might never see these boys again, I have to admit there were tears but we all stayed strong.

I spent the plane journey contemplating about the job I had just been offered, I started asking myself was this man just a prankster? Did he know about my background? It's all a bit coincindental a local Hamburgian being offered the Hamburg job in Scotland. I looked out the window to see the German countryside "this is crazy" I muttered to myself.

When we touched down I was still in shock, I asked my opa (grandfather)to pick up to the airport "I heard what happened, my blood is going to manage Hamburg!" Opa was a Hamburg fanatic, he went to all of their European games in the 70s and 80s even abroad and his house was full of memorabilia, so you can imagine the delight he was feeling " you even got to meet Bester, that's amazing in it's self!"
"I guess so" I was feeling tired from the journey "listen I'll tell you all about it when we get home."

Firstly the family congratulated me saying things such as "we knew you'd do well",
"Your father would have been proud!" Let me just explain something especially the 'would. My mother and father lived in Scotland with me for most of their lives, but sadly my father passed near to my 20th birthday, my mother was never the same after that so she moved in with her parents back in Hamburg, however I was playing U21 football for Rangers so I stayed in Scotland, that same year I did something to my achilles and I was told I could never play again. 2009 was a bad year. Since I damaged my achilles I vowed I would not quit football so I went on some coaching courses at Rangers and I completed my education at Edinburgh university.

Soon I was managing Glasgow Harp, a amateur team with players older than me. In my first full season we won the league and a few of our youngsters were scouted by some of the best clubs in Scotland and in England. It was fufilling knowing that you were furthering a young man's career. Now one of the best German clubs (historically) has scouted me... well kind of.

So backstory over then let's continue. The next day I met with the board (including Bester) they told me the expectations, the budget and that they had full faith in me. It was weird being given money to spend on footballers, normally I'd walk to the local park check out some young footballers, maybe even some young dads and I would ask if they wanted to join. Now I could could buy players from a different city nevermind a different country.

That day the contract was signed, the photos were taken and champagne was spilled, was this how life was meant to be lived?

Last edited:
Didn't see this before but it looks interesting, good luck!

Never seen this either, bring it back :)

Classic example of a good start that just gets lost somehow.

Great start mate, keep it up! Dont make us beg! :p
Thanks guys, I started this ages ago but some stuff got in the way so I didn't continue it though I'm hoping to get back into the habit of making updates, I actually deleted the save file which this was based around, luckily I didn't actually do anything on that file so it's not that bad. I will try and put up a few more today. :)

Usually takes a few pages before interest really picks up but I liked the first posts then managed to forget about it. Look forward to it.