craig.smith88

Reaction score
Hi guys I am Manchester united in my third season and have a bit of a predicament. I play a short fluid control system and for the past two seasons have had neymar and Rooney up front with defederico on the bench I had Andy Carroll but he didnt seem to do the business, maybe coz I wasn't fair and didn't give him a long enough run of games. now after reading this forum I invested in dzeko and the youngster babacar but it doesn't seem to be working with them as target men I play a 4-1-3-2 system. Are they not performing simply because the target men haven't settled in or because my system plays a short passing game?

Cheers lads

In your 4-1-3-2 formation do you play wingers?

I think it might be your choice of players. I tried Dzeko aswell but just would'nt work out he doesn't score enough goals or play well enough at Man Utd but seems to be amazing for every other team. I think the main reason is because the style of football does not suit him. If you want him to be effective make sure you have wide players and play a more direct style than short because his main strength is his finishing and first touch which lets him control long ball's with ease. If you want to stick to your current style of play, I suggest buying another poacher like neymar instead and playing Rooney as your target man because he works very well in that role for me. But other than that I can't think of any other target men that could get you more than 15-20 goals a season

My team line up is

GK- Aguero
RB- Rafel/Srjna - Wingback attack
CB- Ferdinand/Shawcross - Ball playing cover
CB- Vidic/Munoz - Limited Defender Stopper
LB- Evra/Dodo - Wingback attack
DMC- Hargreaves/Leroy Fer/Poli - Deep Lying Playmaker Support
AMR- Bebe - Winger / Oscar- Inside Forward
AMC- E. Hazard/Modric - Advanced Playmaker
AML- Nani - Winger (cut inside) / Douglas costa (dont no really how to play him)
Strikers -Rooney, Ballotelli, Neymar, Defederico, Dzeko, Babacar, Makengo

Now rooney and neymar i no how to play and get the goals i have rooney as a complete forward support and neymar a a poacher with him as the target man and to run onto the ball and that works a treat, defederico slots into either role and only just got ballotelli but he seems to be doing the same. Makengo i play as a poacher but is very young and needs work but seems like later he could do the business.

I just really want the old classic of a ruud van nistelrooy style target man to score headers and get in amongst it and thats what i thought dzeko and then later babacar could do just doesnt seem to work, would it work playing them as poachers? or just keep plugging away and set crosses to float crosses and see if they nick goals?

cheers

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:10 PM ----------

DZEKO SCORED!!!!!

Lol although i did have ten men so put him up as target man and playing more direct, kind of defeats the object :S

Any more views on this appreciated.

cheers

i play dzeko as complete forward (attack), he always plays well for me

hmm you have way to many strikers, if I was you I would off load Defederico, Babacar, Makengo while you have the chance because their going to leave for first team football. Hang onto Balotelli for sure try playing him wide instead to feed dzeko and rooney. Keep douglas costa aswell he could be of some use, and move nani over to the right, sell bebe and buy fabio coentro for left. Btw have you still got Valenica? or sold him? And the best way to get Dzeko to be consistent as a target man is by playing a direct style because he struggles with the short passing style. And i'd suggest feeding him the ball to his feet or head instead of run onto it because he has a very good first touch + heading ability, so either would work fine

i play with Tottenham in FM 2011 and i am very happy with them.You can play with almost any tactic..Altough i hate 3-5-2 ,with left-right backs Corluka,Bale,Ekoto,Naughton etc. they made me like this formation.
İ saw Makengo above and wanted to share the stats of just two matches of him.İ have Lukaku with him and i believe after 3-4 years this two will become real monsters:)
i want to share Lukaku's stats too but afteri signed he got injured in training..after he recovered in his first match he got injured again:)

View attachment 128430

View attachment 128431