dean1903

Reaction score
sports.png

Tuesday, 1st June, 2010​

STRACHAN GIVEN THE BOOT

GordonStrachan.png

Sky Sports News can announce that Middlesbrough Football Club have parted company with manager Gordon Strachan after only 7 months in charge. The news came after the side could only manage an 11th place finish in the Coca-Cola Championship, despite being tipped to go straight back up at the beginning of the season. His dismissal was announced earlier on this morning and the club are already searching for a replacement. The bookies and media are throwing several names out there, including Paul Lambert, Jimmy Calderwood, Steve Coppell, and there has even been mention of a possible return to the club for Gareth Southgate.​

PaulLambert.png
JimmyCalderwood.png

SteveCoppell.png
GarethSouthgate.png

Strachan joined Middlesbrough in October of last year, after the surprise sacking of Gareth Southgate, when the club were sat in 4th position in the league, however, things got progressively worse for them as Strachan picked up only 3 wins in his first 16 league games in charge. Fans were calling for his head, even at this early stage, but it was clear that Middlesbrough would remain in this division next season, so he was kept on until the climax. But he didn't do near enough to convince chairman, Steve Gibson, that he was the man to lead them back into the top flight.​

- - -

sports.png

Friday, 4th June, 2010​

SOUTHGATE THE FANS FAVOURITE

GarethSouthgate-1.png

A Sky Sports poll that has been running since 8.00am on Wednesday has now closed, fans of nearly every club have had a say, thanks for all the votes as to who you would like to see as the next Boro boss. Here are the results:​

Gareth Southgate
74%

Steve Coppell
11%

Jimmy Calderwood
10%

Paul Lambert
5%

Chairman, Steve Gibson has announced that a decision will be made over the next few days. Keep up to date with all the news here at Sky Sports.​

- - -

sports.png

Monday, 7th June, 2010​

SOUTHGATE RETURNS TO THE RIVERSIDE

GarethSouthgate2.png

Gareth Southgate is the new manager of Middlesbrough, returning to the club after being sacked just 8 months ago. Southgate looked the favourite for the job from day 1 after Gordon Strachan was sacked last Tuesday. Chairman, Steve Gibson admitted that he regretted the decision to let him go in the first place and that he takes a certain degree of the responsibility for the clubs failure last season. The 39 year old was a big hit with the fans in his playing days, making over 200 appearances for Boro after a move from Aston Villa in 2001. The defender also won 57 caps for England. After being asked what his long term goal was at the club, his response, "Regular European football at the Riverside, after reaching the final in 2006, I firmly believe that this club can achieve anything."​

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Could someone please link me to a 2010/11 kit pack for the football league?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nice start will follow ... Be sure to look at mine- From Russia to win - a Chelsea fc story

Woop Southgate lol nice start. Zaiaz do u have to advertise on everyones story. Put the link in your signiture and people can see it then.

Ok my bad just Not sure how but will try to figure it out will still follow this though coz it looks great

Nice start will follow ... Be sure to look at mine- From Russia to win - a Chelsea fc story

Cheers, had a look :D

Woop Southgate lol nice start.

Southgate

Ok my bad just Not sure how but will try to figure it out will still follow this though coz it looks great

Cheers once again oO)

To put the link in your sig
  • Copy the url in the adress bar at the top of your thread.
  • At the top of your page, click on quick links, edit signature.
  • Paste the link into the box and click save.

You want a database?
Google v6 summer database fmbase
and you'll find it :D

You want a database?
Google v6 summer database fmbase
and you'll find it :D

Nope, got the latest squads, need kits though :p

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

BORO ANOUNCE PRE-SEASON FIXTURES

PanathinaikosStadium.png

Friday 10th July 2010
Chelsea (H)

Tuesday 14th July 2010
Darlington (A)

Monday 20th July 2010
Middlesbrough Reserves (H)

Wednesday 22nd July 2010
Middlesbrough Reserves (H)

Tuesday 28th July 2010
Panathinaikos (A)

Saturday 1st August 2010
Rangers (H)

Nice one mate, if there are no 'shirts only' out there, I'll definitely opt for this. :D

Thanks. There are no 'shirt only' packs at the moment. And I have no idea if there are any planned either. You can always use one if one comes out though. If you want, you can get the EPL and L1 packs to match too. :D

Enjoy anyway...

Also, I have made some updated to my story (in sig), but don't have any comments oO) Could you check it out for me. Also, pictures, I haven't included any yet... <)

good luck with this. Hope you can take scotland ;) to the EPL

Looking at the thread title, I'm hoping for slightly more than that :p

Cheers. :)

Also, I have made some updated to my story (in sig), but don't have any comments oO) Could you check it out for me. Also, pictures, I haven't included any yet... <)

Including images make your story look 10x better than just having chunks of writing, I'll take a look ...

Nice start mate and looking forward to pre-season and transfers

Good start want to see how u do against Chelsea lol

Nice start mate and looking forward to pre-season and transfers

Good start want to see how u do against Chelsea lol

Cheers lads, pre-season update will be up around Friday, didn't exactly choose the best of times to start this :p

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:57 PM ----------

CarlingCupLogo-1.png

- - -
1st Round Draw
- - -

CarlingCupDraw.png

:: Accrington Stanley vs Huddersfield Town
:: Barnsley vs Tranmere Rovers
:: Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace
:: Bradford City vs Sheffield Wednesday
:: Brentford vs Stevenage
:: Bristol Rovers vs Yeovil Town
:: Burton Albion vs Walsall
:: Cardiff City vs Aldershot
:: Carlisle United vs Macclesfield Town
:: Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient
:: Cheltenham Town vs Bristol City
:: Dagenham and Redbridge vs Milwall
:: Derby County vs Rotherham
:: Exeter City vs Swansea City
:: Gillingham vs Southampton
:: Hereford United vs Ipswich Town
:: Leicester City vs Chesterfield
:: Lincoln Town vs Doncaster Rovers
:: MIDDLESBROUGH vs Port Vale
:: Morecambe vs Norwich City
:: Nottingham Forest vs Hartlepool United
:: Notts County vs Scunthorpe United
:: Oldham Athletic vs Crewe Alexandra
:: Oxford United vs Coventry City
:: Plymouth Argyle vs MK Dons
:: Portsmouth vs Northampton Town
:: Preston North End vs Bury
:: Queens Park Rangers vs Torquay United
:: Reading vs Barnet
:: Rochdale vs Peterborough United
:: Sheffield United vs Stockport County
:: Shrewsbury Town vs Leeds United
:: Southend United vs Watford
:: Swindon Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion
:: Wycombe Wanderers vs Colchester United

Ties to be played on Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th of August 2010

Last edited:
Nice!

One suggestion though is to maybe speed it up a bit and get some results and transfers in updates.

Bit strange that youre playing your reserves team twice in pre-season too... :p

Nice!

One suggestion though is to maybe speed it up a bit and get some results and transfers in updates.

Bit strange that youre playing your reserves team twice in pre-season too... :p

When I've got more time I'll do in-depth updates, although transfer-wise could be a problem ... no funds :O ... Already got in mind some players I can let go to free up a bit of cash, so it's not all bad :D.

As I said, short on time at the moment, will probably get into the thick of things over the weekend but happy rolling along at my own leisurely pace at the moment :p.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:44 PM ----------

Middlesbrough.png

PRE-SEASON REVIEW

- - -

MIDDLESBROUGH 0-1 CHELSEA

Drogba (32)

DidierDrogba.png

- - -

DARLINGTON 1-7 MIDDLESBROUGH

Waite (59)

Boyd (8,61,80)
Lita (34)
Wheater (38)
McDonald (54)
Bailey (64)

KrisBoyd.png

- - -

MIDDLESBROUGH 2-0 MIDDLESBROUGH RESERVES

Robson (32 pen)
Walker (82)

BarryRobson.png

- - -

MIDDLESBROUGH 3-1 MIDDLESBROUGH RESERVES

Boyd (54)
Flood (77)
Dos Santos (83)

Roushias (10)

TheRiversideStadiumEmpty.png

- - -

MIDDLESBROUGH 0-1 RANGERS

Broadfoot (90+1)

KirkBroadfoot.png

- - -

arrow_in.png
TRANSFERS IN

#50 - Yves Makabu Ma Kalambay (GK)
Free Agent

YvesMaKalambay.png

#34 - Giovani dos Santos (CAM)
Loan (End of season)
Tottenham Hotspur

GiovanidosSantos.png

arrow_out.png
TRANSFERS OUT

None.

Last edited:
Good update mate. Unless im mistaken did you just sign Hibs keeper? (cause he's **** in real life lol. seen him in action a few times)