The Third Coming- Rise of The Grifoni!!

MrStu01

Reaction score
You guys voted in your droves, and now the results are in....i can confirm that my comeback story will be...

*DRUM ROLL*

*DRUM ROLL*

*DRUM ROLL*

*DRUM ROLL*

An Italian SERIE B STORY!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

many hours later...

So here our story begins at the loading screen of Serie B choosing my team, so many to pick from and so many teams who really shouldn't be down there. I was recommended trying out Pro Vercelli and also Varese but as there was no defining pick i considered all teams. Suddenly out of the blue my eyes were drawn to a former nemesis of mine....way back when i was a nipper in the Windows 95/98 days i played Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 and constantly as Juventus my Serie A days were plagued by one team both home and away, taking away points, injuring players, beating me on cup shootouts! That team would be the centre of my game attention...that team was Perugia! A former Serie A bogey team now languishing in the lower depths of Serie B.

This would be my FM15 goal!
Take Perugia back to those days of standing toe to toe with Serie A giants

Nice way to open it up, I'm already willing the return of this fabled Perugia side now! :p

The Third Coming- Rise of The Grifoni!!

A little background..
Perugia is the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy, crossed by the river Tiber. The city is also the capital of the province of Perugia. Perugia is located about 164 kilometres (102 miles) north of Rome, and 148 km (92 miles) south-east of Florence. It covers a high hilltop and part of the valleys around the area. The region of Umbria is bordered by Tuscany, Lazio and Marche.

Founded in 1905 A.C. Perugia Calcio were the result of a football merger in order to become A.C. Perugia, but not until 1966 did the club take its first strides towards recognition when promotion to Serie B began a successful spell in the clubs history. 1975 signified the clubs first climb into Serie ! and within their first season Perugia finished 8th.
In 1977 Perugia lost a beloved statesman in former star Renato Curi (man who the stadium was named after) who died during a league match with Juventus (history before our USM 98/99 ventures) and the club began to lose their way, losing other key players to injury and scandal!
More recently Perugia have had more strange happenings after South Korean international Ahn Jung-Hwan was fired by then manager Lucian Gaucci because he scored the goal knocking Italy out of the 2002 World Cup. The team then signed Colonel Gadaffi's son to their ranks in 2003 alongside Jay Bothroyd before they went on to win the 2003 Intertoto Cup.
In 2005 the club were reformed in the lower echelons of Italian football after financial issues forced them out of business, they then had the same thing happen in 2010 after the owner of the club was declared bankrupt and the Italian authorities stripped Perugia of all professional club affiliations and responsibilities forcing A.C. Perugia Calcio to be born.
FInally in 2013-14 the club made its return to Serie B nearly 10 years after last appearing in Italian football's professional top two divisions

View attachment 308161
ALL HAIL THE GRIFONI

Last edited:
Nice way to open it up, I'm already willing the return of this fabled Perugia side now! :p

Me too...Bari and Perugia were always so difficult especially away from home! Hopefully it won't be long until i am the one frustrating Milan Juventus and everyone :D

I am having a bit of trouble getting my screenshots off of Steam in order to put in here but i will keep at it...is there another alternative in order to save the screenshots in my folders not Steam's right now im using Fn and F12 to take them.

I am having a bit of trouble getting my screenshots off of Steam in order to put in here but i will keep at it...is there another alternative in order to save the screenshots in my folders not Steam's right now im using Fn and F12 to take them.

"prtScn" button on keyboard -> open Paint, right click and "Paste"
Been using this system for 10+ years when it comes to screen shots.

Last edited:
"prtScn" button on keyboard -> open Pain, right click adn "Paste"
Been using this system for 10+ years when it comes to screen shots.

Cheers will try that out. I did use it when i set up the game but didnt seem to get any print screens originally

Apologies for the slow updates folks am having a very busy time at work but hoping to get some good progress this weekend with the story.

The New Perugia

So here we are, with the back story laid and the background explained it is time for us to meet the new Perugia!

Serie B Expectations: Mid Table

Cup Expectations: Reach 3rd Round

-I think these expectations are acceptable however i am concerned greatly about my squad size and ability! Many of my players are very young and i think 3rd round might be out of reach for us. In terms of league ambitions i am happy to accept a season or two in Serie B to build my squad up and get them playing how i want because right now the squad is very much patchwork.

So lets meet the players...

View attachment 301197

This isn't my whole squad but this is an example of what i mean by patchwork. Only 5 players in my whole squad are actually Perugia players, even the youth teams are full of loanees....this could take some work.

Last edited:
....ok any idea why my screenshots won't add? i have got them as steam screenshots and as FM screenshots and whether i paste them from paint or word they don't work unless they are saved pictures which adds them as attachements which makes it messy. Very frustrating when i can't tell my story

have you tried inserting image ? only other option to me would be to use photobucket or something.

You mentioned USM98/99. That was an awesome game, God rest it's soul.

Back underway!!!! After some technical hitches i have this story back lets do it!

Transfer Targets

Transfer Budget: £422k
Wage Budget: £0

So not an ideal preparation heading into the new season particularly as i have a lot of loanees who i need to cover but perhaps we can find a way. As i don't intend on using much transfer budget i might look at switching the budgets around but with an already big squad i may have o try and terminate some loans. Any suggestions would be useful. However pre season will allow me to evaluate who i think fits my new ambition.

My targets are:

View attachment 301192 View attachment 301191 View attachment 301190

Coming Next: Pre-Season and Transfer Window

View attachment 301187