laffles

Reaction score
This is my first of (hopefully) many football 'philosophy' packs for FM2011.

Its focussed on the Total Football philosophy made faently mous by Rinus Michels and more recently used by Van Gaal at Bayern.

It contains 7 Plug and Play tactics. Hopefully to cover every situation in FM.

Tactic 1.
The Holland 'FORCE' Tactic.

Use this when you wanna blow a big whole in a stern defensive team, Is vulnerable to conceding but this really shouldnt matter.

Its a 4-2-3-1 formation and was used by the dutch at the world cup :)

The 3 attacking mids really give a heavy supplement to The attack.

Tactic 2
The Holland Standard Tactic.

This is a standard set up. Very Similar to the one above but more balanced.

Use when your leading and feel like you dont want to risk Bombing forward so hard.

Tactic 3
The Holland 'Compact' Tactic.

Is a 4-3-2-1 Formation to be used when you want to defend your hard earned lead.

Dominates and crowds the middle of the field. Makes it difficult for the other team to play.

Tactic 4
The Van Gaal 4-3-3 Counter tactic.

A very fluid, aggressive counter attacking tactic.
I built this to really punish attacking teams, and it does this, VERY VERY effectively.
Plays wide and fast, yet remains relatively solid in defense.

Tactic 5
Counter Attack V2

A modified version of the above tactic, less aggressive, not quite as fast but much harder to break down.

Tactic 6
Van Gaal 4-3-3 'Direct'

The aim of this tactic is to get the ball in the goal, at speed. Good for knockout-style games where you need a fast goal.

Solid everywhere. A good formation, My personal favourite.

Tactic 7
Van Gaal 4-3-3 'Standard'

A balanced formation, plays well everywhere. Not brilliant at any one thing but solid at most.

Fluidity is a key here, Speed and Power are a nescessity.

Comments and Feedback welcome |)

"Professional football is something like war. Whoever behaves too properly is lost."
Rinus Michels.

laffles, quick question...

Are you a member of another FM site, if so have you published these anywhere else ?

laffles, quick question...

Are you a member of another FM site, if so have you published these anywhere else ?

These are actually published onmy friends FM scout profile as he created the Van Gaal Emulations.

These are actually published onmy friends FM scout profile as he created the Van Gaal Emulations.

Ok, it's just i've seen these posted by someone else in a couple of different places, with a link to another FM site.

Ok, it's just i've seen these posted by someone else in a couple of different places, with a link to another FM site.

Tbh, Ive noticed this too. They were based on 2 very good emulation tactics, one for Van Gaal and one for The Dutch national team, Me and my friend expanded and Improved.

Im not too fussed about people copying/using them.

Its only a game after all.