germainelol

Reaction score
I've been developing a total football tactic for quite some time, and by this I mean that it is very offensive, fluid and possession based. It was initially created to recreate the Barca of old, with the 2 CM's leading the way with their number of passes.

View attachment 446253View attachment 446252View attachment 446251View attachment 446250View attachment 446249View attachment 446248View attachment 446247View attachment 446246

(some of the screenshots cut off, apologies)

I took something from a Total Football tactic posted somewhere with the F9 player, every match I've set him to man mark the RB/RWB and the LWB also man marks their winger so that defensively it's more of a standard 4-3-3. But from the average positions it's sort of like how Barca do or did play in terms of positions. I've tinkered about with all sorts of roles and positions for a while and I've arrived at this.

From the fixtures you can see it's been quite easy for me to tinker with my roles etc depending on my opposition, and seeing as I'm Barca currently it was easy to win....

I'm asking if anyone can try the tactic themselves (remember the man marking) to see if they can help me to improve it. At the moment I'm averaging a lot of shots close to the goal, and a lot of passes around the area, but I'm not getting enough CCC's which is difficult to get through a possession tactic I know. But on average I do get 65-70% possession. Any help is appreciated as I'm hoping to develop something I can take across to smaller teams such as Swansea, Everton, Bilbao etc and then to lower league teams.

Thanks!

Version 2 (latest!):
Declan's TotalFootball v2

Last edited:
Looks interesting, I'll give it a shot!

Thanks buddy! Let me know if there's anything you change which seems to result in any improvements! Hopefully I can get this working with lesser teams.

So I've changed the formation, and kept the team instructions near enough. I'm averaging the same 65-70% possession, but I've obtained a pretty **** good defence.

I've conceded 3 goals in 9 matches, with 7 of those matches being clean sheets.

View attachment 445469

The formation:

View attachment 445468

At home, or if I'm dominating a match (or in need of more goals/chances) I push the AML forward to a striker position, and end up with this positioning:

View attachment 445467

And at away or against tough opponents maybe in the CL it's like this:

View attachment 445466

Opposition Instructions
I believe the OI is important, I've tried it three times without saving in the CL to test it. Every game I have started with the AML and AMR man marking the full backs and the WBL and WBR man marking the wingers (if there are any). It seems to work as they are forced through the middle where I vastly outnumber them. And as I showed, the defence is working well! Going to pass this onto Mantorray for testing.

Updated original post! Will update original photos and instructions when I have time tomorrow!

Last edited: