Reaction score
The Tractor Boy

View attachment 163388

“In a statement today, Sky Bet Championship side Ipswich Town have parted company with manager Mick McCarthy, citing irreconcilable differences. The statement continued to announce that former youth player Richard Abbott had been placed in charge until further notice. 35 year old Abbott, who was born in Ipswich, had been coaching with the clubs youth system alongside managing non-league Cornard United. It has been announced that Abbott will have a one-year contract, and be expected to reach mid table. The decision to sack McCarthy, and replace him with Abbott, has shocked Ipswich fans with many tipping their club for relegation.”

F**k, the fan sites don’t make for good reading. 95% of fans think we’re going down, with literally nobody anticipating anything better than a relegation scrap. Let’s face it though, the squad isn’t the greatest and needs work, not much work mind. I mean, we have potential to be great – Teddy Bishop and Andre Dozzell could rule Ipswich and England for years to come, and Ben Morris looks a special talent.

The tactics shouldn’t change all that much from Big Mick’s reign, with the starting formation being a 4-2-3-1, however I’ll be asked them to control the tempo, build from the back and break down opposition that way, rather than boot it long and hope. The ideal starting eleven is full of injuries though…

Bart [Bartosz Bialkowski] will start in goal, with Josh Emmanuel and Jonas Knudsen being my full backs. Captain Chambo [Luke Chambers] will play alongside Christophe Berra at centre back. Luke Hyam will start alongside Bish [Teddy Bishop], when both are fit, until then Cole Skuse and Ainsley Maitland-Niles will play. Freddie Sears will play on the right, with Ryan Fraser on the left. McGoldrick will lead the line, with a new signing going in the hole behind him.

I’ve even drawn out a couple of transfer targets, money allowing;

-Jhon Arango - Deportivo Estudiantil
-Sergio Diaz – Cerro Porteno

My beloved Ipswich Town! Season ticket holder for 8 years. Don't see too many Ipswich save's around these days. Wish you all the very best of luck, can't wait to see what you do with the side!

COYB!!

My beloved Ipswich Town! Season ticket holder for 8 years. Don't see too many Ipswich save's around these days. Wish you all the very best of luck, can't wait to see what you do with the side!

COYB!!

Born and bred Ipswich, hopefully I can do as well on FM16 as I did on 13, 14 and 15 :p

Good luck mate, another ipswich born and raised follower ;-)

The Tractor Boy

View attachment 162742
Well, a train wreck of a transfer window and an even worse start to the season. 19th after 5 games is unacceptable, and the performances have been even worse. I'm now refusing to play Chambo at right-back, he was THAT bad!

The transfer window wasn't too bad, with Jason Cummings being the "big name" signing, Jhon Arango will join in January, but we couldn't get a deal done for Sergio Diaz.

Well, things can only get better I suppose...

The Tractor Boy

View attachment 162719

"News is breaking that in form Sky Bet Championship side Ipswich Town have offered a new deal to manager Richard Abbott. Rumours are the new deal is a two year contract and won't have any added effect to the current budgets. Ipswich, who have won their last..."

It's true, I have a new deal, I guess it has been getting better...

The Kings of Prussia

The Tractor Boy

View attachment 162619

Well, we don't really play very well during transfer windows!! After being unstoppable between mid October and the start of January, we got stopped through January. Although, an excellent run of fifteen unbeaten, with thirteen of them being wins has lifted us into title contention, a strong finish to the season could well result in the Premier League next year!!

The transfer window was okay, in terms of bringing people in, with Tom Carroll being a massive player to sign. The big news, however, is the arrival of Demarai Gray. A brilliant young winger at Championship level, and has already made a giant contribution towards the promotion push.

Onwards and upwards #COYB

The Tractor Boy

View attachment 162166

Well, what a season!! Words can't describe how delighted I am with how the season has gone (minus the first two months). Despite trying our hardest to bottle promotion, we got dragged over the line by Marcus Rashford, who signed on loan in February and may well stay over the next season. Sadly Brighton won on the final day and took the title, but we went up and I was happy enough. Cup competitions where nothing to even bother talking about.

Onwards and upwards! #COYB

The Tractor Boy - New Season Update

View attachment 161647

Transfers

I'll start with transfers, we brought in 5 players for the first team. Being the not very grown up person I am, I blew our transfer budget in about 5 minutes (in game). So, without any further ado...

Christian Pulisic was the big name signing, I saw he was interested so swooped straight away. Let me tell you, this kid is gold, he's a star at the age of 17. He'll either make us big bucks, or feature in my attack for the next ten to fifteen years. He'll play on one of the two wings this season and hopefully develop into a world class player.

The signing I wanted. The big Serb will be my starting league keeper, demoting Bart to the bench and cup games. I think everybody knows about Predrag Rajkovic and his outstanding potential, I know that he'll grow into a world class goalkeeper and will hopefully lead us to the title one day.

The final three will rotate in the squad, hopefully playing half the games (or so). Joel Untersee was a bit of a panic buy, I'll admit, however he looks like good enough rotation while I phase out Kevin Foley and bring through Radim Schön (new signing). Leonardo Spinazzola comes in on loan from Juventus and will be our back-up winger, and Charly Musonda is on loan from Chelsea and will play as much as I can while keeping a competitive squad.

The rest of the incoming transfers are 16 and 17 year olds, they'll play in the Under 18's and come through in the next two or three seasons.
As we saw last season, we aren't very good with playing matches in transfer windows, but with this being a new season could we break that curse?

WOW! What a start to the season!! 4-1!!! What a start to the season, we outplayed Leicester from start to end, and I was really disappointed to concede in the end.

This one hurt badly, very badly. Sergio Aguero destroyed us, simple as that.

A nice break after the defeat to Man City. Rotherham where as poor as last season and we should have won by more, as we where poor if I'm honest.
Fuming doesn't begin to cover it, picture my head expanding while going red, that is me after this result. We where awful, utterly utterly appalling.

We finish the month in 17th, one place above our local rivals who's name shall never be spoken.