LittleLaney11

Reaction score
This is my second attempt at a Ipswich Story as my other one crashed and i coundn't carry on with it, and hopefully this save wont leave me like the other one.

View attachment 371514

we are bringing you the news of the resignation of one of the Championship Managers. Mick McCarthy was working wonders at Ipswich and always had the players on his side, and the whole of Ipswich Town football club is distraught and shocked by the news of his departure. The reason....... still unknown to all of us here at Sky Sports News and at Ipswich Town Football Club, but we are sure he has his reasons. We still don't know who will succeed McCarthy at Ipswich but it will be hard for someone to follow in his footsteps.
View attachment 371517

@aaroncresswell - shocked to hear about McCarthys exit.

@loachyboy - such an inspirational to me

@michaelchopra - at least i can now get some playing time.

Key Players:

View attachment 371520 View attachment 371519 View attachment 371521

Tommy Smith ; brilliant young lad who has quite a few international caps underneath him and will be a star for the future.

Darryl Murphy ; always consistent up top and will deliver when needed to. Has a great relationship with all the players after successful loans in the past

Aaron Cresswell ; probably considered the best player Ipswich have got and he is only 22. he has a brilliant left foot and will be a great player for the future.

it would be nice to hear some feedback on what you think i can do better throughout my time as manager. if you have any improvements or compliments then i would be happy to hear them.

Thanks!!

View attachment 371567

Ipswich Town Pre Season

View attachment 371568

we had a very good pre season and it was going well till the last game

Ipswich vs Ipswich Reserves
2-0
Chopra and Chambers

Barnet vs Ipswich
1-3
Stearman, Barnett and Martin

Kettering vs Ipswich
1-4
Chopra, Watt, Nouble and McGoldrick

Northampton vs Ipswich
0-2
Watt 2

Hereford vs Ipswich
0-3
Taylor, Nosworthy and Watt

Ipswich vs Mallorca
0-4

View attachment 371572 View attachment 371573

Tony Watt - impressive debut start to the season with 4 goals in 6 games.

Transfer Update Soon.​

Last edited:
View attachment 371585

Ipswich Town Summer Transfers

View attachment 371586

Ins

Kevin McDonald - central midfielder from Sheff Utd, i have had him on a few off my other saves and knows where the net is. 1million plus 1.2 over 42 months was a good deal.

Tony Watt - i saw how well he done in the Wolves story, and he has done the same for me. Hopefully he can score more than 15 this season. 1 million plus 1.5 over 36 moths is another good deal.

David Arteaga - a left winger who will be challenging JET for a place in the first team, who has already got a few assists under his belt. 675k is very cheap for him.

Michael Grabini - a left winger who can also play at left back will be back up to Cresswell when he gets injured. Signed on a free and should get a few years out of him.

Nyron Nosworthy - a strong centre back who is guaranteed a place at the back. can score goals and will defend for the team. 725k is a very good deal.

Clint Hill - always a good signing and will also be guaranteed a place in the team for sure. 250k is a bargain.

Brian Murphy -
great competition to Loach and Henderson. 575k is another good deal.

Out

Andy Drury was sold to Bristol City for 450k
Joe Whight was sold to York City for 40k
Jack Ainsley sold to Plymouth for 28k
Cheick Kourouma loaned to York City

i litterally dont know, but i think it was because i said that i would get promotion so they gave me 7.5m. :)

View attachment 371618

Ipswich Town August Games

Leauge Cup First Round - Southend vs Ipswich
Tuseday 14th August 2012
1-4
Stearman 2, JET and Barnett

good win here for the boys in the first round of the league cup. good to see Stearman getting 2 goals and only one was with his head. they pulled a goal back through a penalty but never looked like getting the 4 goals.

nPower Championship - Blackburn vs Ipswich
Saturday 18th August 2012
3-0

wasnt very happy about this game but we never looked like getting a goal. we were already 3-0 down after 50 minutes so i thought they would get a lot more. we only had 4 shots on target so that was annoying

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Crystal Palace
Tuesday 21st August 2012
2-1
Taylor and Smith

another good win against a team who always looks dangerous on the break and got there goal near the end of the game so was worried for the last 5 minutes. changed the team around from the Blackburn game so i am glad we still won

nPower Championship - Milwall vs Ipswich
Saturday 25th August 2012
0-2
Wordsworth and Watt

a brilliant win away to Millwall here with new signing Tony Watt getting on the score sheet for the first time. Wordsworth also got his first goal for the blues with as wonder strike into the top corner from 30 yards.

Leauge Cup Second Round - Bournemouth vs Ipswich
Tuesday 28th August 2012

1-2
Chopra 2

another good win to get us into the third round of the leauge cup. it was a hard fought match as we went 1-0 down after 3 minutes so it was good for us to turn it around and for Chopra to get 2 goals.

View attachment 371648

7th in the table after 3 games played is good for our team. still a long way to go but hopefully we can keep on winning.

My Player of the Month

View attachment 371651View attachment 371652

he has been outstanding for me this month with getting 2 goals and a few assist from the back.

Last edited:
View attachment 371724

Ipswich Town September Games

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Barnsley
Saturday 1st September 2012
3-2
Martin, JET and Orr

good game here but we had to hold on for the last ten minutes because that was when they scored both there goals. it was good to see Orr get on the scoresheet for his first goal at Ipswich.

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Hull
Saturday 15th September 2012
3-1
Watt, Nosworthy and JET

Brilliant result here against a team that are now in the premiership. great for nosworthy to get on the scoresheet just like Orr did the previous game.

Leauge Cup 3rd Round - West Ham vs Ipswich
Wednesday 19th September 2012
3-4
McDonald, Martin, Watt and Stearman

absouluty brilliant result here against a premier league side, having gone 3-2 done it was great to get the result back to a win.

nPower Championship - Wolves vs Ipswich
Saturday 22nd September 2012
0-0

good draw against top of the table Wolves, it was a hard fought battle for the whole team and we had to defend for our lives.

nPower Championship - Sheff.Wed vs Ipswich
Wednesday 26th September 2012
0-3
Watt 2 and Wordsworth

another brilliant win against a side who had 5 games unbeaten before they played us. Watt got 2 brilliant goals but the pick of the goals was a 30 yard free kick from Wordsworth right into the top corner

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Birmingham
Saturday 29th September 2012

1-1
OG Butland

dissapointing this really as we were expected to win but could not prevail. we got lucky from the butland own goal.

View attachment 371735

brillaint end to the month being 2nd only to wolves but with the same amount of points. hopefully we can finish in this position at the end of the season

View attachment 371736View attachment 371737

Watt has done excellent in September with a few goals and a few assists.​

Last edited:
As an Ipswich fan it's great to see someone doing a story, but 7.5 million is ridiculous aha! We haven't spent a penny on our 10 signings so far this summer

The only player they spent money on was 18 year old Jack Doherty , but that was only 60k

But they are all good players though, especially Skuse and Anderson and McGoldrick

yeah Anderson looks promising, McGoldrick was good for us on loan last season and has been very impressive in pre-season. Christophe Berra also a great signing

Looks like Loachy has actually got competition for his Goalkeeper duties, Because Gerken is another good player

yeah, I'm always optimistic but with Mick in charge I genuinely think we can challenge for play-offs this season

Hopefully, and with 6 out of 7 wins in pre season, it should be a very interesting season!?

yeah I reckon so, I assume you're a town fan yourself?

View attachment 371840

Ipswich Town October Games

nPower Championship - Watford vs Ipswich

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
1-1
Barnett

good draw against a team that is hard to get points from, and it was good for us because it took us to the top of the table. hopefully we can build on this draw.

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Leeds
Saturday 6th October 2012
3-0
Watt, Barnett and OG by Warnock

brilliant win here for the boys and with barnett with 2 goals with 2 games, he has done well for us this month and hopefully he can improve on that.

nPower Championship - Brighton vs Ipswich
Saturday 20th October 2012
0-2
Barnett and Wordsworth

another brilliant win here for the boys with Tyrone Barnett getting another goal, it seems like him and Tony watt are forming a good parteninship. another brilliant free kick by Wordsworth again to round it off

nPower Championship - Leicester vs Ipswich
Tuesday 23rd October 2012
2-0

dissapointing loss here to a team who are 16th and have only just got a new manager. we didnt have any shots on target so that was annoying as well

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Nottingham
Saturday 27th October 2012

1-0
Chopra

another good win with a rotated so because of the next game of the league cup coming. it was good for chopra to get on the scoresheet for the blues

League Cup 4th Round - Ipswich vs Arsenal
Tuesday 30th October 2012

3-2
Wordsworth, JET and Taylor

absolutely incredibly! after going 1 nil down after 8 minutes i thought that it would be a hammering, but to turn it around and to be 3-1 up at half time was incredible. i had to keep the lead, so i made the whole team defensive just to be sure, and it paid off.

View attachment 371857

brilliant to be on top of the table but the chasing pack is right behind us, especially Derby.

My Player Of The Month

View attachment 371862View attachment 371860

Barnett has done very well in the absence of JET up front with 3 goals and a few assists.

??i would love to hear some feedback on what you think off the story so far??

Last edited:
View attachment 372005

Ipswich Town November Games

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Bristol City
Saturday 3rd November 2012
3-1
Taylor and Smith 2

another good win for the boys against a team who are sitting 5th in the table and were 4 games unbeaten. good for Tommy Smith to get 2 goals from the corners.

nPower Championship - Cardiff vs Ipswich
Tuesday 6th November 2012
1-3

Chopra, JET and Barnett

excellent win for the boys against a team who are also in the premiership. little shaky near the end as they got it back to 2-1 but barnett finished it off.

nPower Championship - Charlton vs Ipswich
Saturday 10th November 2012
3-4
JET, Nosworthy, Murphy and Orr

incredible turn around after being 3-0 down after 45 minutes. had a right go at the team and brought on Murphy and JET and it definitely paid off.

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Peterborough
Saturday 17th November 2012
3-3
Taylor 2 and Wordsworth

i was upset about this game as we were 3-2 with 5 minutes to go and then let it slip right near the end of the game. another good free kick by Wordsworth who is scoring regularly now.

nPower Championship - Huddesfield vs Ipswich
Wednesday 21st November 2012
2-1
Watt

wasnt very happy with this game as we were one nil up until 75 minutes into the game. then i OG by barnett in the 87th minute really annoyed me.

nPower Championship - Ipswich vs Blackpool
Saturday 24th November 2012
1-1
Wordsworth

a good draw against a team who are 4th in the table and were unbeaten in there last 7 games. another goal for Wordsworth who has 2 in 2.

League Cup Quarter Final - Man City vs Ipswich
Wednesday 28th November 2012

3-2
Taylor and Stearman

brilliant game for the boys here as they were outclassed by the City. i was on cloud nine after scoring after 90 seconds to be 1-0 up but they got there goals in quick succession

View attachment 372009

2nd in the table is good leading into the final month of 2012. lets hope we can finish the year on top

My Player of the Month

View attachment 372010View attachment 372011

Anthony Wordsworth has been incredible this month with 2 goals and 7 assists.

?? Once again feedback would really help me improve on my story??​

great read so far Watt is a really good player when played right i think you should right the score like this tho to make it clearer
Ipswich 3-0 Man Utd
lol just a example but good story could you check mine out called Fulham-This is our time
cheers