The Transfer Window....Your View

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Before you start, I know there is a day left. i am doing this before a n00b comes along with a 'wowz, lukaku iz a gr8 signin, bezt playerr evaaaaaa' thread and the rest.

So, as August draws to a close, the transfer windows is closing. Mega buck transfers, bargain freebies, we have seen them all this summer.

So using the rough template below, name the following, with reason -

Best Transfer -
Worst Transfer -
Best Value For Money -
Worst Value for Money -
Dark Horse Transfer -
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer -

Here is mine -

Best Transfer - Sergio Aguero(At. Madrid to Man City)
Sergio-Aguero-Manchester-City_2636628.jpg

He possesses undoubted skill and class. As much as I hate City's transfer policy, I cannot wait to see this lad get going in the EPL.

Worst Transfer - Wayne Routledge(Newcastle to Swansea)
wayne-routledge-swansea.jpg
Even when he joined Newcastle, I have never been a believer in Routledge. Sure the pace and trickery is there, but he is incredibly poor at delivering the vital final ball, which every winger needs to do. Also, a fee around the 2m is way overpaid, when you look at wingers who have gone for near similar prices(Marveaux free, Torje 2.5m)

Best Value For Money -
french-international-midfielder-yohan-cabaye-pictured-at-st-james-park-last-night-after-agreeing-a-five-year-deal-with-united-952679573.jpg

4.3m for a French International is superb value, no matter who it is. Cabaye is a box to box midfielder, exudes energy, and has a superb eye for goal. Starting to settle in now, he showed some clear glimpses of his ability against Fulham, his shot eventually causing the first goal, and some superb passes, on top of some very impressive strikes.

Worst Value for Money - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain(Southampton to Arsenal)
alex-oxlade-chambe_1967400c.jpg

Before you start, I totally acknowledge how great this lad could be. Now, the bad bit. Arsenal have paid an incredible sum for a totally unproven player. Now, he could turn out to be as good or better than Theo, but, he could quite easily be the next average winger, who will spend their entire career plying their trade in the Championship or League 1, with the tag of the '15m could have been'.

Dark Horse Transfer - Chu Young Park(Monaco to Arsenal
parkchuyoungkorea4uc.jpg
This lad, I was half hoping that Newcastle might have a pop at, especially at 3m. A player I have admired for a while, he is still a relative unknown to those who haven't followed Ligue 1/Monaco. Seriously, watch out for him this season.

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Jordan Henderson(Sunderland to Liverpool)

liverpool-fc-s-jordan-henderson-and-damien-comolli-620-719877828.jpg

For those who are going to say 'Oh, a Toon fan wants to see an ex-Sunderland player fail', just shut it. I saw Jordan play a few years ago in a local youth tournament, well before he signed, and knew he could be massive. Well, his move to Liverpool could be the making of him, but I see him failing, spectacularly. In a midfield which has quality and depth in abundance, he may have to move to the wing to get his place. Any Sunderland fan will tell you, last season, he was average at best for the most part. Good luck, but I hope he fails. Partly due to Kenny.

Your turn :D

umm about AOC, its 7m up front with like 5m in addons. total 12m.

will post my views later.

Best Transfer - Kun Aguero. Simply put this lad is class and cant wait to see him set the prem alight with his skill
Worst Transfer - Alex Chamberlain. Cant see the logic in paying so much on a relatively unknown youngster. Could be proven wrong though
Best Value For Money - Charlie Adam. Already looks settled in well and has been a creative spark in the Liverpool midfield that looked so flat and one dimentional since Alonso left
Worst Value for Money - Wayne Routledge. As StuW mentioned £2M is way too much for a very average player compared to other similar fees
Dark Horse Transfer - Ashley Young. Had a good start so far and will be interesting how he plays in a team packed full of world class talent
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Lukaku, Have nothing against the lad but I think he will struggle to live up to all the hype surrounding him as he is still young and learning and coming to a much higher standard of league

AoC was 7m upfront, so its only 7m out of the budget for this season. comparing it to players like bebe (7.3m) and smalling when he was signed, I don't think it's too bad.

Best transfer: without doubt: Kun Aguero. Pure class.
Worst transfer: Clichy. City don't need another striker ( yes I know)
Best value for money: Park Chu Yong. Great player, only 3m euros. Bargain
Worst value for money: Jordan Henderson. Nothing.
Dark Horse: Gabriel Obertan. Expected a loan, not full transfer. Nevertheless, It's going to be fun to watch him.
"I hope he fails" - Per Mert. It would be fun to watch Arsene battling for a 10th place.

Best Transfer - Ashley Young, I'm not just saying this because I am a man utd fan, but he has already shown his class in his first 3 matches for man utd and I think he will be our Player of the Year.
Worst Transfer - Not quite sure at the moment
Best Value For Money - Charlie Adam, because he has played some games for Liverpool already he has shown why he is the best value for money, and he is continuing to grow in confidence there, just look at his shot from the half way line the other day.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain, complete rip off, like everyone has said he will probablty jsut turn out as an average winger, not world class.
Dark Horse - Emile Heskey, everyone makes jokes about him about not being able to score, but he has been starting games for Aston Villa and has already scored, so i do think there will be more to come.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Romelu Lukaku, not being harsh or anything bt i always used to get him on FM and now he has gone to Chelsea it has ruined my chances, also i think he is too young to get transfered to a world class team for £18 mill.

EDIT: Sorry jsut realised about the Dark Horse i must have accidently deleted the transfer bit and read it as it is there. For mine anyway it would probably be Park Chu Yong

Best transfer: without doubt: Kun Aguero. Pure class.
Worst transfer: Clichy. City don't need another striker ( yes I know)
Best value for money: Park Chu Yong. Great player, only 3m euros. Bargain
Worst value for money: Jordan Henderson. Nothing.
Dark Horse: Gabriel Obertan. Expected a loan, not full transfer. Nevertheless, It's going to be fun to watch him.
"I hope he fails" - Per Mert. It would be fun to watch Arsene battling for a 10th place.

lol. clichy a striker XD

Best Transfer - Aguero; Outstanding buy, will be fantastic in the PL.
Worst Transfer - David Vaughan to Sunderland- Great player at Blackpool, but I just don't think he'll get a look in at Sunderland.
Best Value For Money - Owen Hargreaves too Man City- He's actually, when fit, a quality midfielder and I hope he gets some playing time.
Worst Value for Money - Jordan Henderson? 20 Million? Really? He was pretty average, and probably worth not even half of his transfer. Horrible amount of money spent, runner up is Alex Chamberlain.
Dark Horse Transfer - Michael Vorm- Great goalkeeper, I hope he does well with Swansea.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Goes too either Robbie Fowler or Liam Dickinson- Both good strikers, but you won't get in my good books rejecting Argyle. sorry!

Best Transfer - Got to be Aguero. In terms of pure quality, he's the undoubted big signing for the league.
Worst Transfer - Connor Wickham, possibly, or maybe Jordan Henderson. I'll go for Henderson on the basis that he hasn't really ever stood out for me, and certainly not to the tune of £20 million.
Best Value For Money - I think I'll go with Simon Vukcevic. A truly wonderful player on his day, the fact that he signed for Blackburn, and for a bargain £2 mil, is astounding.
Worst Value for Money - Same choice as worst, Jordan Henderson, and for the same reasons.
Dark Horse Transfer - Owen Hargreaves. Who else? Can he recapture his form and fitness? I hope so. Honourable mention to Jonathan Woodgate for the same reasons.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Ooh, the choices. Craig Gardner and Stewart Downing are both frontrunners for this award. Nigel Reo-Coker is close, too. I think, though, that I'll pick Emmanuel Adebayor, partly 'cause he's a **** and partly because it's hilarious to see Spurs try and play whilst ignoring their forwards.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - ASHLEY YOUNG. We still <3 you Ash. It's good to see you back in 2007 form, vintage Young stuff.

AoC was 7m upfront, so its only 7m out of the budget for this season. comparing it to players like bebe (7.3m) and smalling when he was signed, I don't think it's too bad.

It was a generalization, not an exact figure.

Best Transfer - Kun Aguero. will see him, dzeko, and rooney battling fro the Golden boot this season. :P

Worst Transfer - dont wanna say it AOC since he barely even played a full game. lol, but i would pick Cesc Fabergas, 35m rising 40m in performance addons, to barca. he's a world class play and worth more than 35m (50m to say the least). it really is a disrespectfully fee by barca to teh arsenal board.

Best Value For Money - Ashley young. look at those 2 goals in the 8-2 hamper by united on arsenal. will see him take up the wings for himself, with maybe nani or giggs in the other side.

Worst Value for Money - no idea. lol

Dark Horse Transfer - Juan Mata. still gutted that he didnt come to arsenal, since he had a good first dipp chance before is release clause shot went up to 52m. the power of money speaks itself, and Chelsea went for him. :(

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Adeboyr. pretty much ruinned his footballing career once he letf Arsenal, like what happen to hleb, and emanuel petit at barca. i'll never see him as the same as it was when he bagged goals or goals in a red-white shirt. now at spurs, lol just get out of my face.

-------

wanted to add other more opinions

relief moves (for ur club) - clichy and ebuoe. i dont have to explain :P .

shocked bargain move - Davide santon. wtf gasperieni letting him go at 5M.

Best Transfer - So far, Ashley Young looks the part at United, couple of class goals against Arsenal, and he's made a decent contribution in other matches as well.
Worst Transfer - Ortiz to Rangers - I know it's in the English Football section, but it says transfer window, and you can't miss out this guy... what a poor piece of business from McCoist, offside all the time, commits foul upon foul, loses possession far too easily, and has just been a massive let down.
Best Value For Money - Cabaye:wub:
Worst Value for Money - Jordan Henderson, far too expensive, and well overrated.
Dark Horse Transfer - At the moment, i think Tom Cleverley has a lot to offer for United, but if the Maiga deal goes through for nufc, then that could change... i'm sooo not being biased
Anyone who Sunderland have signed, as well as Gervinho for Arsenal

Best Transfer - Aguero. No explanation needed. Runner up Connor Whickham (Brucie got a jewel on his hands)
Worst Transfer - .James Vaughan to Norwich. Far too streaky and won't get many goals for them unfortunately.
Best Value For Money - Without doubt for me Owen Hargreaves. Quality player for nothing.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain. Lot of potential, but payed way over the odds for the lad. Hope he does do well though.
Dark Horse Transfer - Tough one this, but again Owen Hargreaves. He's got a point to prove and by god he's going to prove it. Though I do want to see ol' Woodgate playing again without another soul destroying injury.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Nasri. *** masturbator of the highest order imo.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Tough one. Very tough one. Hargreaves, very closely followed by Woodgate. They've both worked extrememly hard against injury and deserve success wherever they play.

Best Transfer - Kun Aguero
Worst Transfer - Alex Chambrlain
Best Value For Money - Seb Coates
Worst Value for Money - Jordan Henderson/Phil Jones
Dark Horse Transfer - Sylvain Marveaux

Best Transfer -
Juan-Mata-Chelsea-deal-completed.jpg

(i would say aguero, but many have already said that.) he looked good in his cameo appearance vs norwich and could play a big part in the upcoming season.

Worst Transfer - give me a few more weeks.
Best Value For Money -
Jose-Enrique-Liverpool-2011.jpg

£6 million. quality signing imo.
Worst Value for Money -
2850069588.jpg

spent to much on him.
Dark Horse Transfer -
xekktx.jpg

£5 million pounds...
Sergio+Aguero+holds+his+new+Manchester+City+shirt

quality player who can help city win the league, something i don't want to happen.​

Best Transfer - Given, best keeper in the league now that VDS is gone. Will save Villa points on his own this season.
Worst Transfer - Gervinho, so overrated.
Best Value For Money - Seb Larsson.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain
Dark Horse Transfer - Vukcevic
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - No one really.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Shane Long.

Last edited:
Best Transfer - Given, best keeper in the league now that VDV is gone. Will save Villa points on his own this season.
Worst Transfer - Gervinho, so overrated.
Best Value For Money - Seb Larsson.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain
Dark Horse Transfer - Vukcevic
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - No one really.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Shane Long.

yet again, not reading the OP, it says give reasons. Tut-tut-tut.

Back