The Transfer Window....Your View

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K
Best Transfer - Given, best keeper in the league now that VDV is gone. Will save Villa points on his own this season.
Worst Transfer - Gervinho, so overrated.
Best Value For Money - Seb Larsson.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain
Dark Horse Transfer - Vukcevic
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - No one really.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Shane Long.

how so?

He said "with reason" not give "reasons" n00b.

From what I have seen of him he is not overly impressive. Certainly not worth the hype and the 10mil + price tag.

lol just cuz he got suspend after that brawl by barton. lmao.

lame reasoning IMO.

Best Transfer - Juan Mata (Chelsea) Would love to see him start assisting Torres up front. Stewart Downing also for Liverpool and Ashley Young for United deserve mentions.
Worst Transfer - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. He's not Prem quality just yet. Still needs to develop-so what was the point of spending 12 million on him?
Best Value For Money - Yohan Cabaye and Charlie Adam.
Worst Value for Money - Alex Chamberlain again
Dark Horse Transfer - Charles N'Zogbia (Aston Villa) and Davide Santon, Sylvain Marveaux (Newcastle)
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Joey Barton (QPR)
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Davide Santon (Newcastle United)

Yes, everyone just watches the Premier League oO)

wtf. one game, and u saying he's bad. hahaha

ur like the media saying de gea's a flop after he conceded 3 goals in 2 apps (community shield and 1st epl game). roflol!!!

Best Transfer - Given, best keeper in the league now that VDV is gone. Will save Villa points on his own this season.
'I Hope He Succeeds' Transfer - Shane Long.

You biased irishman you!

You biased irishman you!

Given is defiantly up there with Cech and Reina.
Wanting a player to do well isnt bias :P

wtf. one game, and u saying he's bad. hahaha

ur like the media saying de gea's a flop after he conceded 3 goals in 2 apps (community shield and 1st epl game). roflol!!!
Is you like proper retarded then?

Given is defiantly up there with Cech and Reina.
Wanting a player to do well isnt bias :P
Definitely one of the 4-5 best keepers in the prem but it's really hard to draw a line and say one is the definite best. Last season I would've said VDS but right now I can't be sure.

On the second bit, I needed to find some other irishman in your post to back up my claim!

Best Transfer - Aguero and Young. Both have settled well and Young looked quality in all games. Just that he is not a big name or big signing.

Oh how I forgot Santon is up there with the 2.

Worst Transfer - Henderson for 20 Million. Haven't seen anything special from him to command such a fee.

Best Value For Money - All Newcastle signings. Awesome. Given, Mata
Worst Value for Money - Henderson.

Dark Horse Transfer - Vukcevic, Obertan, Eagles, Santon

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - All Liverpool signings.

I was not able to pick one, so have picked more than one.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

AoC was 7m upfront, so its only 7m out of the budget for this season. comparing it to players like bebe (7.3m) and smalling when he was signed, I don't think it's too bad.

Smalling was signed for 6-7 Million plus add ons.

Best Transfer - Young/Aguero. Both have settled quick and started like a house on fire.
Worst Transfer - Henderson. Overpriced and nothing particularly special.
Best Value For Money - Cabaye, great quality and French international for £4m+ is a bargain.
Worst Value for Money - Henderson for reasons above ^^
Dark Horse Transfer - Davide Santon, great potential fullback on a long term deal for a good price. Newcastle have done some excellent business.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - I don't particularly want any player to fail, I'll just say Nasri.

Best Transfer - Aguero: Far from a bargain but he was just what City needed upfront. His versatility will be a serious boon to City's congested attack.

Worst Transfer - Henderson. He's average, the sort of steady player who would meander through his career as an England squad player until the age of 28/29 when he would be hyped, disappoint, then return to mediocrity. He won't become a star.

Best Value For Money - Young: he's provided the width that makes Man United so potent. If we consider how much Downing and Henderson have cost Lpool and how much Mata and Lukaku have set Chelsea back, this has to be seen as some really great business.

Worst Value for Money - Oxlaid Charmberlaine: that much money on an untested youth player is obscene, especially with the Arsenal squad in such desperate need of reinvestment in other areas. Mystifying and quite frankly foolish.

Dark Horse Transfer - So many choices (I expect Lukaku to give a lot of PL defences a shock this year...) but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Obertan may enjoy something of a renaissance in a much strengthened Newcastle midfield.

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Nasri.

Best Transfer - Sergio Aguero- Already shown signs of what he is capable of, if the City team continue their good form, then the service from Silva and Nasri could see him be an instant hit. 2nd place to Ashley Young (Wouldn't have said that before the first 4 United games admittedly)

Worst Transfer -
Rob Elliot to Newcastle. Take it from someone who has seen him over 100 times. He is league 1 at best, no idea why they have signed him. 2nd to AOC, not what Arsenal need atm and a lot of money was spent on him, meaning unhappy fans if he doesn't produce big things in the years to come.

Best Value For Money -
Seb Larsson- Adds real quality to Sunderland as he has already proved at Anfield along with his excellent set pieces, all on a free. 2nd place for David Vaughan, also on a free. Unnoticed next to Charlie Adam last year, but his accurate passing was a big reason why Adam performed so well.

Worst Value for Money -
AOC again. As already said he has great potential but a fee starting at 7M is a lot considering he is really surplus to Arsenal this season. I will eat my words if he has a good season/ becomes a great player in the next few years. 2nd place I would give to Jordan Henderson. Again I am open to eating humble pie if he plays well, but 20M is a **** of a lot, and for me he never really stood out at Sunderland/ England U21. Plus Liverpool have a lot of midfield talent who could easily get in the side ahead of him.

Dark Horse Transfer -
If he can stay injury free, Jonathan Woodgate is a great defender and could make Stoke a very hard team to beat this season. 2nd place to Stefan Savic of City. Next to the other players that have joined he has come in pretty unnoticed. But he has excellent potential and could be a top defender for City for many years.

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer -
No one tbh. Would be a laugh if Newcastle signings flop. Not because I have anything against them but I like seeing Pardew fail and blame it on anyone but himself. But tbh I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

'I Hope He Succeeds'-
Carl Jenkinson- One up through our academy, I had doubts when he went there due to the extreme lack of games he had played even for us, and he has had a bad time of it so far. He looked far from being ready and I hope his confidence hasn't been too badly dented. Therefore I hope he picks himself up and has a better last 35 games. Also Rob Elliot for Newcastle (I know it contradicts what I just said) But again he came from our academy and is a Charlton fan, as well as an all round good guy.

Best Transfer - Aguero and Young. Both have settled well and Young looked quality in all games. Just that he is not a big name or big signing.

Oh how I forgot Santon is up there with the 2.

Worst Transfer - Henderson for 20 Million. Haven't seen anything special from him to command such a fee.

Best Value For Money - All Newcastle signings. Awesome. Given, Mata
Worst Value for Money - Henderson.

Dark Horse Transfer - Vukcevic, Obertan, Eagles, Santon

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - All Liverpool signings.

I was not able to pick one, so have picked more than one.

Best Value For Money: Also would like to add Brown and O'Shea. Quality signings..

Best Transfer - Cabaye! Amazing player
Worst Transfer - Mmmm, there's a lot to choose from but i'm gonna say Danny Graham, just don't think he'll cut it in the prem, and so far i've been proven right. (Even if i did want him earlier!)
Best Value For Money - Brad Friedel or Shay Given, both quality keepers and despite being quite old will do a great job short-term. Also, Bryan Ruiz will be a great buy IMO.
Worst Value for Money - Jordan Henderson
Dark Horse Transfer - Albert Crusat for Wigan, can see him doing very well there.
'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Danny Graham.

Best transfer:

1) Sergio Kun Agüero: Exactly what Manchester City needed. Looks like he will maintain his form from Atlético.
2) Ashley Young: Class player for Fergusons squad. Young, Nani, Rooney & Hernandez = Win
3) Juan Manuel Mata: Toptransfer for the blues. A young, fastpaced winger is all they needed. And when Lukaku proves himself to be that kind of player Chelsea wants they will have a serious shot as a PL-winner.

Worst transfer:

Emmanuel Adebayor: Not exactly the kind of player Tottenham needs in my opinion.

Best value for money:

Without any doubt, that would be John O'Shea & Wes Brown for Sunderland. Two experienced defenders from Manchester United in a team that lacked good defense last year.

Worst value for money:

Stewart Downing

Dark horse transfer:

1) Romelu Lukaku
2) Davide Santon
3) Simon Vukcevic
4) André Santos
5) Michel Vorm

"I hope he fails" transfer:

Don't want anyone to fail but if there is someone who is most likely to fail I think that will be David de Gea.

"I hope he succeeds" transfer:

As a Belgian I hope following transfers will succeed:

Romelu Lukaku & Dedryck Boyata.

It's been a busy transfer window, especially for Manchester and London. Some teams added to their squad early, some waited until the last minute to recruit new players. Not as busy as 2 years ago, but still very busy with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, QPR (it seems), Blackburn, Leicester, Roma, Malaga, Real Madrid and Manchester United all spending fairly heavily.

There's a lot of bias on this thread, but I'll try and be non-biased (I added some of my own 'awards' as well):

Best Transfer - Ashley Young. He's a top player and exactly what United need to win the Premier League again. He compliments the strikers with his sublime passing and he can score a few goals too! Juan Mata, Sergio Aguero and Phil Jones deserve a mention here too!

Worst Transfer - Rob Elliot to Newcastle. The former Charlton No.1 is by no means Premier League material despite Newcastle needing a third keeper. Ok, maybe he was good in League 1 but doesn't that really deserve a move to the Toon? David Goodwillie and former Hammers defender Danny Gabbidon aren't great signings for Blackburn and QPR either!

Best Value For Money - Simon Vukcevic - For only £2m, he is a steal from Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal (Sporting CP). A fantastic attacking midfielder, the Montenegro international has been a consistent performer in Portugal for Sporting. Shane Long, Michel Vorm, Seb Larsson and Brad Friedel also represent great value for money too.

Worst Value for Money - Jordan Henderson. A promising youngster who has a bit of potential, but he is not worth £20m - his value is probably around £5m. A good player who may turn out to be great, but I am saying he is overpriced. However, I don't think he's as bad as everyone thinks he is! I may surprise everyone with my next choice, but I also think Sergio 'Kun' Aguero and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are overpriced. The former is obviously a fantastic player, but not one who is worth £40m. He could be a top scorer, but if you compare him to players like Darren Bent (~£20m) and Javier Hernandez (~£5m) it looks ridiculous. Oxlade-Chamberlain is inexperienced and no matter what his potential is, £15m is a lot to pay for a 17 year old.

Dark Horse Transfer - Shane Long, Yohan Cabaye, Seb Larsson and Romelu Lukaku. All good players who were relatively cheap, bar Lukaku, and should perform above their low expectations.

'I Hope He Fails' Transfer - Yossi Benayoun (if he leaves, which looks likely). He played well for us (Liverpool) as a first team player yet he ditches us and goes off to Chelsea where he hardly gets any first team football with the Blues favourite Frank Lampard in attacking midfield. And now he is being exchanged for other players.

'I Hope He Suceeds' Transfer - Owen Hargreaves. It's always saddening to see a player of his quality being destroyed by injuries. Same goes for Jonathan Woodgate.

Best Buying Team - Newcastle United. The Toon have made some shrewd deals this summer, including Sylvain Marveaux and Davide Santon. They now look capable of pushing for a top half place this season.

Worst Buying Team - Swansea City. Maybe Wayne Routledge and Danny Graham are good players, but are they worth a combined fee of around £5.5m, when the money could of been used to buy Davide Santon, a quality full-back? I don't think so.

Best Selling Team - Arsenal. Getting £25m for Samir Nasri, who only had 1 year left on his contract and £40m [what they originally wanted] for Cesc Fabregas was some great persuasion by Arsene Wenger.

Best Promising Youngster - Romelu Lukaku. This guy has obvious potential and it'll be up to Andre Villas-Boas (and Didier Drogba, it seems) to nuture it and make him into a formidable player.

Back