The "Tricky Trees"

NUFCSean

Reaction score
I've just started a new game with Nottingham Forest. They're hot favourites for the title and best players are Wes Morgan, Kris Commons, Grant Holt and Nathan Tyson. The board gave me 500k and won't give me any more.

Up front is pretty solid with three reasonably good strikers in Junior Agogo, Grant Holt, Nathan Tyson and backup of Scott Dobie, Neil Harris and Jack Lester.

The midfield could use some strengthening, especially with Nicky Southall, the only right midfielder in first team, and Gary Holt at the age they are.

Defence is pretty good with Wes Morgan and Danny Cullip forming a solid base, although it could do with one or two decent back up players.

Finally, the two goalkeepers are Rune Pedersen and Paul Smith. Both are decent keepers so I shouldn't need much strengthening there, maybe a just young prospect.

So, thats what I've got to work with so if any of you'se have any suggestions regarding signings, tactics or training, lets hear 'em!

i reckon your squad is strong enough as it is..i just started a game with Cheltenham.

I reckon someone isn't using the update. I currently have a game with them. You definitely need 2 good RM's and another decent striker - only tyson is really a decent standard. I suggets matt jansen on a free.

How do you know I'm not using the patch? lol I'm using 7.0.1 cos i was gonna be spurs and they're better on 7.0.1 but then decided to be forest. anyways, its 19th august and i've bought:

matt jansen - free transfer (i already got him as backup b4 ad said :p)
djibril diawara - free transfer (french defender, got as backup)
nuno morais - £140k (got for the future)
nathan dyer - loan
scott phelan - loan

had to get the two loanee's as i couldn't find a suitable right midfielder. dyer's turned out to be a good signing, judging from the first few games.

first 3 games:
won 1-0 vs. bristol city at home (grant holt the scorer)
Won 3-0 vs. blackpool away (nathan tyson got 2 and holt got another)
lost 2-0 vs. bradford at home (had padula sent off early and struggled since)

best of luck, i said i started one with cheltenham i mean Leyton Orient :p started well beat Rotherham 6-1 at home.

I've played with Nottingham Forest before and you should coast through the league and the only tactic that I have to suggest is put Kris Commons' long shots on often. :) He got a good 15 goals from centre midfield!

Good Luck! :D

How do you know I'm not using the patch? lol I'm using 7.0.1 cos i was gonna be spurs and they're better on 7.0.1 but then decided to be forest. anyways, its 19th august and i've bought:

matt jansen - free transfer (i already got him as backup b4 ad said :p)
djibril diawara - free transfer (french defender, got as backup)
nuno morais - £140k (got for the future)
nathan dyer - loan
scott phelan - loan

had to get the two loanee's as i couldn't find a suitable right midfielder. dyer's turned out to be a good signing, judging from the first few games.

first 3 games:
won 1-0 vs. bristol city at home (grant holt the scorer)
Won 3-0 vs. blackpool away (nathan tyson got 2 and holt got another)
lost 2-0 vs. bradford at home (had padula sent off early and struggled since)

I know sir, because the latest patch is 7.0.2 and on my game for notts forest on 7.0.2, padula, morgan and more are not at notts forest.

how you doing now sean ? im top after 10 games :eek:

played 12 games, won 7 drew 1 lost4. Not too bad but not too good either. Saying that, i've had commons, holt, tyson and cullip all injured, plus i'm trying out a new tactic so thats had to be tweaked and revamped too. currently 5th in the league so its not really that bad :p

stupid fm! my forest save has corrupted, yet none of me others have :|

stupid fm! my forest save has corrupted, yet none of me others have :|

I know I shouldn't be happy that your game corrupt, but you picked Forest to play as so I am indeed happy, that is all.

lol craven. does anyone know why it only picked one save to corrupt, cos everytime its happened its happened to every save :|