Tyler Berry

Reaction score
The Tyler Berry Story

Alongside the George Best FC save i really enjoy - i've decided to do my own save to bring me through to FM14. I did a Waterford save but unfortunately it was saved as 'autosave' then i accidently over-wrote it with another 'autosave' :(.

So moving on, this'll be a managerial career - i've set out no real aims or challenges, just going to play the game and document it here, I'll be using the LFC Marshall update, updating every 6 months, and starting at my home-town club of Ipswich Town FC.

Jul-Dec 2012

On first look at the side, i was not too disappointed. We had a small squad - but we also had a decent amount of quality. In my not-so-vast experience of FM, one thing i have noticed is chemistry plays a big part. I also found that the whole George Best FC Northern-Irish idea worked, and thought that the whole team speaking the same language probably helped that. So really , I played it quite safe, and thought i had a side i could achieve top-half with. So keen to not sign many foreign free-agents that were better on paper but may damage the side, I only made one signing at the beginning of the season.

Darren Ambrose

View attachment 465870

The former town man was irrestible. I was lacking in an attacking midfielder in the 4-5-1 , CM,LM,RM then two AM's. So Ambrose was an English talent I thought could fit straight in.

Fixtures
View attachment 465869
View attachment 465868
As you can see, i improved at the later stages, picking up alot of draws. Also towards the end McGoldrick came back. Then joining on the 1st of Jan would be this guy:
View attachment 465865
Also , i swapped formation to a 5-1-2-1-1
Which is as defensive as it sounds , and was mostly the reason for my sudden spring up in results.

So the league table stands like this.

View attachment 465864
I think we can get a top-half finish atleast. The way we improved in McGoldrick's return and the form we hit towards the end, i'm still hopeful, like every town fan, every year, of a play-off spot.

Player of the update goes to:

View attachment 465870
He played exceptionally well in both the AM role and the Advanced playmaker CM role!

See you guys soon.