The UEFA Champions League Challenge

1585994384361.png

MAY

santa.png

Lineup - Vlachodimos, Dakonam (Meunier), Ferro, Zouma, N.Tavares, Luis, Sanches, Santos*, Aouar, Fischer, Kaio Jorge

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We win the Liga Nos with a fine away victory. Nuno Santos scored a fantastic hat-trick to seal the deal - he isn't a natural RW by any means but he certainly impressed!

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2ndleg.png

Lineup
- Vlachodimos, Dakonam, Ferro, Martinez Quarta, Grimaldo (N.Tavares), Luis, Sanches (Weigl), Santos, Camara, Jota, Carlos Vinicius

Meh. We didn't show up here and were completely outplayed but we are through to the final and that's the main thing.

--

setubal.png

Lineup - Vlachodimos, Meunier, Conti, Martinez Quarta, N.Tavares, Gabriel, Weigl, Santos, Camara (Chiquinho), Cervi*, Carlos Vinicius (Resende)

I decided to play my backups here with it being the final day of the season and we cruised to victory. They even had 2 players sent-off in the latter stages.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
inter.png

Lineup
- Vlachodimos, Dakonam, Ferro, Martinez Quarta, Grimaldo, Luis, Sanches, Pedrinho (Rony Lopes*), Aouar, Santos (Gabriel), Carlos Vinicius

WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!

What an achievement this is. To win the Europa League while playing half a team throughout is unbelievable. This final was a tight affair but it was settled late on when Rony Lopes struck the winner. Pity it doesn't count towards the Champions League challenge.

--

Taca de Portugal Final
final.png

Lineup
- Vlachodimos, Dakonam, Conti, Zouma, Grimaldo, Luis, Sanches, Rony Lopes, Aouar (Camara), Fischer, Kaio Jorge*

We finish off the season by winning the Taca de Portugal and completing the quadruple. We fell behind early on here but Kai Jorge quickly levelled and we controlled the game from then on and won with a bit to spare. Kaio Jorge's 2 goals takes him up to 20 for the season and he was only signed in January and didnt play in the Europa League!!!!

--

SUMMARY

The season ended with us collecting another 3 trophies. The league title was all but won going into the month but we still had work to do to in the Europa League and the Taca de Portugal. In the Europa League we lost 2-0 to Arsenal but still made it through on aggregate and then in a nervy final we edged out Inter Milan 1- 0 to crown an amazing achievement.

In the Taca de Portugal we defeated Braga 3-1 in the final. They were also beaten by us in the Allianz Cup final so they must be sick of us.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NUNO SANTOS
SANTOS.png

Well done on obliterating the league, and both cups.

Will you plan to stick around for a few seasons to give the CL a proper go or are you looking to jump to a bigger club should the opportunity come? 100M is a lot to spend though

1586004062941.png

END OF SEASON POST

If you cast your mind back to the 20th of December I was unemployed and looking for a job - fast forward 6 months and I have won 4 major trophies including the Europa League and can speak basic Portuguese apparently!!! lol.

When I took the Benfica job they were lying in 4th place in the table and had just been dumped out of the Champions League but they had the best part of £200m to spend and a few decent players to work with so off I went to Lisbon. Now lets be clear the £150m or so that I spent on players was the main reason that we did so well but not as much in the Europa League where I had a severely depleted squad to choose from.

Anyway our league form since my arrival has been literally perfect. We have won all 20 matches in the league that I have been in charge of and ended up winning the league by 6pts. In those 20 matches we only conceded an astonishing 5 goals!!!! My highlight of the league campaign was the 6-0 win over a poor Sporting Lisbon side.

In the Allianz Cup I took charge with the side in the semis and after beating Portimonense 4-0 we played Braga in the final and sneaked it 1-0 thanks to a Kaio Jorge penalty. In the Taca de Portugal I took over at the quarter-finals and immediately knocked out Porto. We reached the final and Braga were once again beaten but this time 3-1.

I had no dealings with the Champions League campaign so have no interest in it although the clubs failure there led us to the Europa League which somehow we won. After easily beating Shakhtar Donetsk we sneaked past Borussia MGB and FC Porto on away goals as we were stumbling along. In the semis we came up against Arsenal and produced a wonderful performance to thump them 4-0 in the first leg and all but book our place in the final.

Upon reaching the final we faced up against Inter Milan and we just sneaked past them with Rony Lopes coming off the bench to score the late winner.

--

LIGA NOS
final table.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
squad.png

squad 2.png

Goalkeepers - Vlachodimos was the main man between the sticks and the Greek goalie did pretty well. Mile Svilar got a few games but only 2 under my stewardship.

Defenders - My main back 4 was Dakonam-Ferro-Zouma-Grimaldo. Zouma was signed from Chelsea for peanuts and was great and almost had a hat-trick in one match. Ferro impressed while Alex Grimaldo was probably the best of the lot and has since earned his first Spain cap. Dakonam was ok as were my backups like Meunier and Martinez Quarta. I really like my backup LB Nuno Tavares - just a pity he has Grimaldo ahead of him.

Midfielders - This is where my signings really shone. At £30m Renato Sanches was a steal as I brought him back to the club. He scored a hat-trick in one match and was a beast. He was partnered with Florentino Luis who played out of position but did fairly well. On the RW I spent £30m to bring Rony Lopes to the club and I could not imagine how good he would be. In just 25apps he scored 17 goals and assisted 14 - truly incredible!!!! Hassem Aouar came in for £29m in a deal that was already pre-arranged. He didnt score much but he did play well while on the left I brought in Viktor Fischer for £8m and he was solid enough. As backup I am extremely excited about Ronaldo Camara who will be a star while the likes of Gabriel, Nuno Santos and Pedrinho are all top players who did well.

Forwards - Just the two really as Resende was just called up for experience. Carlos Vinicius really surprised me and was so important as he led the line in our Europa League campaign. Despite being a sub in the league he scored some important goals and overall he impressed. Not as much as Kaio Jorge did though. I brought in the teenage wonderkid for £15.75m and in half a season (not including the Europa League) he notched 20 goals and was immense. He was sensational.

My Player of the Season - Rony Lopes
My Young Player of the Season - Kaio Jorge
Must Do Better - Chiquinho
Donkey of the Season - Jota

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have absolutely no plans to leave Benfica as I really feel that with a strong window in the summer we can compete in the Champions League next season as I have a starting budget of £100m and some players to sell on top of that. The club has agreed to expand the stadium and it is really going places.

That being said if Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich were to become available I may have a decision to make but that is unlikely. Also once the season starts I will be sticking with them for the year so I only have a small window. Anyways I am happy where I am so all that is just waffle lol.

Attachments

• 1586004031746.png
    1586004031746.png
    901.3 KB · Views: 58
1586008672136.png

I HAVE LEFT BENFICA!!!!!!!

Literally minutes after posting my end of season post and after advancing a few days what I said wouldn't happen has happened and I have been torn away from Benfica. I got offered an interview and spoke to the club and the moment that that happened I knew I was leaving but I was in no way going to leave Benfica in the lurch so with that I sold the average players in the squad like Dakonam, Meunier, Chiquinho, Cervi and Conti for over £100m in total and I went out to sign some top players.

I brought back Tomas Tavares to the club for £9m and then spent £58m on Nelson Semedo from Barcelona who will stroll it in the Portuguese League. I also had a £75m bid accepted for Joao Felix but I couldn't afford his wages so unfortunately that was it. Having said that I have left the club in a strong position and with a stadium about to be extended and with a transfer kitty of over £150m!!!!

So who are my next club?

……..

1586009204931.png

Now lets just put things straight - it is a wrench to leave Benfica but I feel that I have a much more assured chance of winning the Champions League with Real Madrid. I just hope that Benfica continue to strengthen the squad and develop the fine youngsters they have there and I will gladly come back.

However this is Real Madrid - a side built for success and who reached the Champions League semis last season but finished 3rd in La Liga. Whats more they have just signed Kylian Mbappe and Raheem Sterling for over £330m in total!!!!! They also have Aymeric Laporte in defence. This is a squad that is built for success. I actually didn't know they had signed Mbappe and Sterling until I took the job!!!!

Real Madrid of course have won the Champions League more times than anyone else having won it on 13 occasions. They won the first 5 tournaments and also won it 3 times in a row in the last decade. They have been runners-up on 3 occasions also!​

Attachments

• 1586009180880.png
    1586009180880.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
god **** it
why you did left benfica
you could have break bela guttman curse and winning the trophy god **** it

1586075476357.png

PRE-SEASON

I arrived in Madrid just days after the arrival of Kylian Mbappe and Raheem Sterling. I think its fair to say that maybe my arrival may have been lost in all that surrounded those deals. However I have went out and made a mark on the squad as I have spent just under £150m and recouped just over half that.

I had in my head that with Hazard, Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior I would have 3 world class players for the LW position but in fact I had more as I have Asensio and now Sterling - crazy. The squad was really imbalanced and I moved to change that. So here are my transfers.

--

PLAYERS OUT

A load of experienced players left. Willian left to join Wolves for £14.25m while Gonzalo Higuain joined Fiorentina for £10.25m. Higuain must hate me as I shipped him out the door at Juventus too!!

Lucas Leiva joined PSG for £5.5m while Luka Modric went off to China for £5m and Karim Benzema joined West Ham for £650,000.

Basically I was culling all my players who were over 30 although Sergio Ramos and Toni Kroos have stayed as has Gareth Bale but in his case that was just because nobody could afford his wages lol.

Federico Valverde left to join Man Utd for £30m as I didnt want to have a DM in my squad while Fernando Pacheco joined Villarreal for £8m.

Out on loan went Rodrygo, Vinicius Junior, Lunin and Brahim Diaz.

--

PLAYERS IN

I needed a CM to partner Kroos and be a first pick as I aint a fan of Casemiro or Ceballos as first choice picks so I blew £72m on Eduardo Camavinga of Rennes. The 18y/o will hopefully step up to the plate immediately and he will be a star for Madrid long after I have gone. I have never managed him before so I am interested to see how he gets on.
camavinga.png

Then I made a move to sign a RB so I went to Arsenal and paid £50m to bring Hector Bellerin back to his homeland. Bellerin is super quick and at 26y/o is approaching his prime years.
bellerin.png

Finally I felt that I needed a 3rd choice striker and so I paid £21m to bring Borja Mayoral back to the club from Mainz. I maybe overpaid for him slightly but he is homegrown by the club and I was 1 player short in that category so I killed 2 birds with one stone.
mayoral.png

--

SQUAD

We are built for success and I will not accept failure. Having had Kylian Mbappe in my Newcastle save I know how good he is and I honestly think I cant fail with him in my side and whats more with Newcastle he scored up to 40 goals from the wing - he will be playing in his favourite position as a striker for me.

Courtois will be my keeper, my back four will be Bellerin at RB although Militao and Carvajal will challenge him for that spot and Mendy will be my left back. Varane and Laporte complete my defensive unit.

In midfield Kroos and Camavinga will start with Hazard, Isco and Sterling playing AML, AMC and AMR respectively and of course the beast that is Mbappe will be up front.

Not a bad side and then you think that I have the likes of Jovic, Bale, Asensio, Odegaard, Reinier etc not on the pitch!

Last edited:
1586083985391.png

AUGUST

levante.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Asensio), Hazard*, Mbappe (Jovic)

All the furore was about Sterling and Mbappe but it was Hazard and Mendy who drove us to victory here. Mendy put us in front after Hazard set him up and then Mendy duly returned the compliment twice by setting up both of Hazard's goals. As for Mbappe - he was hopeless.

--

celta.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Asensio), Hazard, Mbappe* (Jovic)

Mbappe was far better today!!! He had a hat-trick after 20min as we went on to cruise to victory. He did go off injured in the 2nd half and will be out for 3 weeks though.

--

valladolid.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin (Carvajal), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos*, Sterling, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Jovic (Mayoral)

Everything was going great until the final 10min when we conceded twice. We just sneaked it in the end.

--

SUMMARY

We have made a decent start to the season with 3 wins out of 3. I could go on about that but the big news of the month pertains to the Champions League draw. We were seeded 2nd and were put in a group alongside Fenerbahce, Viktoria Plzen and Benfica!!!!!!!

****** typical. Benfica replaced me with Luis Enrique and he has already started to break up my side as he has sold Vlachodimos, Luis, Nuno Tavares, Martinez Quarta, Ferro, Nuno Santos and even loaned out Camara!!!! Their current transfer budget is a whopping £272m as they haven't brought anybody in - what a bunch of arseholes!!!!!

Anywho I didn't make another transfer so everything is as was squad wise.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAHEEM STERLING
STERLING.png

--

LA LIGA
AUG.png

Attachments

• 1586083962895.png
    1586083962895.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

1586096283200.png

SEPTEMBER

getafe.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos*, Bale, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Jovic (Mayoral)

We battered Getafe here and somehow didn't score in the first half. In the end it was my 2 Cbs and Toni Kroos who got the goals although we really should have scored 6 or 7.

--

UEFA Champions League Group E
plzen.png

Lineup - Courtois, Carvajal, Ramos, Eder Militao, Reguilon, Casemiro, Ceballos (Odegaard), Bale*, Reinier, Asensio, Jovic (Mayoral)

I decided to play my backups here and they did a fine job with Gareth Bale grabbing a hat-trick. The best goal of the game however came from Reinier as he fired in from long range.

--

osasuna.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy*, Camavinga, Casemiro (Ceballos), Sterling, Isco (Reinier), Hazard, Mbappe

Another game, another win and another 3 goals. Our first real test is coming next though as the fixture list has been kind so far.

--

sevilla.png

Lineup - Ivan Martinez, Bellerin (Carvajal), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos*, Sterling (Bale), Isco, Hazard, Mbappe (Jovic)

This was meant to be our stiffest test so far but not so as we easily beat Sevilla. Courtois was injured in training so young Ivan Martinez came in for his debut. Mbappe's goal was delightful as he chipped the keeper from the edge of the area from a tight angle.

--

villarreal.png

Lineup - Ivan Martinez, Carvajal (Eder Militao), Varane, Laporte (Ramos), Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos*, Sterling (Bale), Isco, Hazard, Jovic

Another comfortable win. Kroos was yet again magnificent while Jovic was yet again useless. Sterling went off injured and will be missing for a month - Gareth Bale is not a bad replacement lol.

--

fener.png

Lineup
- Ivan Martinez, Eder Militao, Ramos, Laporte, Reguilon, Casemiro (Odegaard), Ceballos, Bale, Reinier, Asensio*, Jovic

Very nice. The backups came out to play and they won easily. Jovic finally got on the scoresheet and he also had one disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

September is over with and we still have a perfect record as we have won every game. Granted we haven't faced off against Barcelona or Atletico Madrid yet but at the moment it feels like Benfica all over again as my team are just too good and I cant really take much credit for it.

To have a squad which has Hazard, Sterling, Mbappe in the first XI is one thing but to have the likes of Gareth Bale on the bench is something totally different indeed! Having said all that by far and away my best player is Toni Kroos who has been immense. He has scored a couple and assisted a couple but his overall performances have been simply breathtaking!

Next month reunites me with Benfica. My heart is still with them but I am still angered at how they have broken up my squad so ruthlessly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TONI KROOS
kroos.png

--

LA LIGA
sept.png

Attachments

• 1586096284336.png
    1586096284336.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 53
1586115264470.png

OCTOBER

betis.png

Lineup
- Ivan Martinez, Carvajal (Eder Militao), Varane, Laporte (Ramos), Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Bale*, Isco, Hazard, Mbappe (Jovic)

Gareth Bale is fastbecoming a key player yet he is my backup right winger lol. He scored a hat-trick here and is my top scorer and his 1st goal was mesmerising as he took the ball from inside our own half and dribbled through to slot past the keeper from inside the area.

--

sociedad.png

Lineup - Ivan Martinez, Bellerin (Carvajal), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Casemiro (Odegaard), Bale (Jovic), Isco*, Hazard, Mbappe

I didn't see this result coming. The first half hour was a disaster as we were 2-0 down and Bale had went off injured (out for 3-4 weeks) and we couldn't come back from that. Isco scored a good goal to haul us back into it but it was not enough alas. I made a mistake by not putting Courtois back in goal but I cant blame Ivan Martinez for their goals.

--

benfica.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Ceballos), Kroos, Mbappe, Isco, Hazard, Jovic (Mayoral)

I paid respect to my formal club by playing the best side that I could and we duly won but it wasn't a great performance. Sad to see my old side so decimated although playing Svilar regularly could be better for the long term.

--

alaves.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Casemiro, Kroos, Mbappe*, Reinier, Asensio, Jovic

A perfect performance. We were excellent here. Mbappe scored a hat-trick, Reinier scored a double including a long range howitzer and even Casemiro impressed as he assisted 3 goals.

--

rayo.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy (Reguilon), Casemiro, Kroos, Mbappe, Reinier, Hazard (Asensio), Jovic (Mayoral)

After the last match I decided to keep faith with Casemiro and Reinier instead of recalling Camavinga and Isco as their performances deserved so but my complacency has come back to haunt me here as inexplicably we drop 2pts to lowly Rayo Vallecano. Hazard had a goal disallowed but even then we should be winning this one comfortably.

--

gijon.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Casemiro, Kroos*, Mbappe, Isco (Reinier), Hazard, Jovic (Sterling)

This wasn't your average game! We firstly had a goal disallowed from Jovic before Kroos put us in front. Casemiro then got himself sent-off and after that it was about holding on and we got one better than that when Hazard converted a penalty. They then pulled one back and missed a few chances as it threatened to slip away from us but Mbappe struck in injury time to seal the deal.

--

SUMMARY

This month was disappointing. Sure we had the high of demolishing Alaves 7-0 but on the other hand we lost to Real Sociedad and also drew against Rayo Vallecano who hadn't won a game so far. That being said we are 4pts clear at the top of the table so everything is really going well.

Of course the Champions League is where it really matters and we only had 1 game this month - against my old side Benfica - and we managed to edge that game 1-0.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TONI KROOS
TK.png

--

LA LIGA
oct.png

Attachments

• 1586115222650.png
    1586115222650.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
1586160902788.png

NOVEMBER

4-0.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Casemiro, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Reinier), Hazard, Mbappe*

I am not in any way regretting leaving Benfica but by god I hope to go back to be able to spend that near £300m they have available to them. We walked all over them here and I just want to go back there and show them the errors in their ways - that being said they are top of Liga NOS.

--

eibar.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Ceballos, Sterling, Isco, Hazard, Mbappe*

On one hand I am naturally delighted that we won 7-0 but on the other hand I am annoyed that having lead 7-0 at half-time we didn't add to the scoreline in the 2nd half. Mbappe now has 4 hat-tricks for the season so far already.

--

espanyol.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy*, Camavinga (Odegaard), Kroos, Sterling, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Jovic (Mayoral)

--

vp.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Carvajal, Eder Militao, Ramos, Reguilon, Casemiro, Ceballos, Sterling*, Reinier, Asensio, Jovic

A stupendous performance as we reach double figures and hit Viktoria Plzen for 10. Sterling got a hat-trick while Asensio and Ramos got doubles. Apart from the 2 goals conceded it really was a perfect performance.

--

valencia.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane (Eder Militao), Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Ceballos), Kroos, Sterling (Bale), Isco*, Hazard, Mbappe

Isco scored the only goal of the game here with a fine strike but our overall performance was lacking in quality - a bit of a come down from the Plzen game!

--

SUMMARY

We won every game during November as we really began to put in some top performances. Our 7-0 win over Eibar was superb but even that was trounced by our 10-2 win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League. All in all we are 4pts clear at the top of the league and have won our Champions League group with a game left to play.

The board have kindly given me extra money to spend in January and I now have £100m to play with but I am not sure how to spend it lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KYLIAN MBAPPE

MBAPPE.png

--

LA LIGA
nov.png

Attachments

• MBAPPE.png
    MBAPPE.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
1586205019777.png

DECEMBER

atletico.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Casemiro, Sterling, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe*

We come out on top in the Madrid derby but it wasn't all plain sailing. We fell behind twice but Mbappe managed to draw us back level both times and then Raheem Sterling popped up with a double to win us the match. Mbappe completed his hat-trick late on and he has 4 hat-tricks in the league this season now and 15 in 12 in the league alone.

--

athletic.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos*, Sterling (Bale), Reinier, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

Not good enough. Athletic lost their last match 6-1 to Levante so I was thinking that we should win this one easily but we were hopeless.

--

fenerbahce.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Carvajal, Ramos, Eder Militao, Reguilon, Casemiro, Ceballos, Bale (Odegaard), Reinier, Hazard*, Jovic

My backups had a run out here and we easily won. We finish the group with a 100% record and with an astonishing 29 goals scored in the 6 games.

--

girona.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin (Carvajal), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Asensio), Hazard, Mbappe*

Yet another huge win and yet another hat-trick for Kylian Mbappe. Wins with 7 goals scored or more should be once a season if that but we get at least once a month.

--

SUMMARY

We end 2021 in a strong position. In the league our draw against Athletic Bilbao cost us so our lead has been narrowed down to 2pts but otherwise everything was dandy. We put 5 past Atletico Madrid and Fenerbahce before smashing 8 past Girona. If we keep scoring goals at that rate nobody will be able to keep up with us.

In the Champions League we have been given a kind draw against Shakhtar Donetsk but when you look at the draw it is quite possibly the weakest knockout stage that you could imagine. I was confident beforehand but I am expecting to win it now tbh - rightly or wrongly.
draw.png

The one French team that I can manage - Marseille - sacked their manager during the month.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KYLIAN MBAPPE

KM.png

--

LA LIGA
DEC.png

Attachments

• 1586204978926.png
    1586204978926.png
    929.2 KB · Views: 55
Holy ****
Real Madrid Are So Strong And Mbappe Is Serial Killer For Midtable And Little Clubs In Spain
I Wonder Why Barcelona Are Still So Good At Game When Real Madrid Are Too Strong And Beat Atletico Madrid For Like 5-2

Holy ****
Real Madrid Are So Strong And Mbappe Is Serial Killer For Midtable And Little Clubs In Spain
I Wonder Why Barcelona Are Still So Good At Game When Real Madrid Are Too Strong And Beat Atletico Madrid For Like 5-2

Barca have developed Fati well and have added Sancho, Havertz, Alaba, Ziyech, Jean Pyerre, Azpilicueta, Kimpembe and Ricardo Pereira.

Barca have developed Fati well and have added Sancho, Havertz, Alaba, Ziyech, Jean Pyerre, Azpilicueta, Kimpembe and Ricardo Pereira.
So French Ronaldo Vs Guinea Bissau Messi
It Could Be Very Good Match
So Where Is Messi,Coutinho,Suarez And Griezmann And All Barça Squad In 2019-2020 Did they all Left Or they are Retired
with mbappe could you and Mbappe beat barcelona with Havertz,Sancho And All Super Players In Barça Squad
so how ramos,benzema,and all real madrid squad 2019-20 are doing
anyways good luck beating barcelona

Really cool thread and looks like a fun idea I'm going to try for myself. Quick question tho, do you have anything against using downloaded tactics to do this challenge? Great work so far?

1586358508407.png

JANUARY

barcelona.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin (Eder Militao), Varane, Laporte, Mendy*, Camavinga, Casemiro (Ceballos), Sterling, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

A huge win. To beat Barcelona 3-0 away is really something. We were excellent throughout and thoroughly deserved the win. That's us half way through the league season and if we score the same amount of goals in the 2nd half we will end up with 132 league goals!!!!!

--

Supercopa Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Eder Militao, Varane, Laporte, Camavinga, Casemiro (Ceballos), Stelring (Bale), Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

This was a bit of a comedown from the last game but we won it anyway thankfully and reach the final.

--

Supercopa Final
final.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Eder Militao, Varane, Laporte, Mendy (Reguilon), Camavinga, Casemiro (Ceballos), Sterling, Isco, Hazard, Mbappe

We win the Supercopa and defeat Barcelona again. We were strolling it really at 2-0 up but we shat ourselves when Messi scored late on and they even had a stoppage time equaliser disallowed.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Ceballos), Casemiro, Sterling (Bale), Reinier, Hazard*, Mbappe

5 goals away from home - not bad. Defensively we were shocking though and the game was on a knifes edge for us for most of the 2nd half and we only sealed it in stoppage time when Bale headed home.

--

rsoc.png

Lineup - Cuortois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos, Sterling (Bale), Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

Sociedad are the only side to have beaten us this season and I wanted revenge here but it was not to be. I hope we get them in the Copa del Rey - they are overdue a hiding.

--

Copa del Rey 3rd Round
almeria.png

Lineup - Courtois, Carvajal, Ramos, Eder Militao, Reguilon, Casemiro (Oscar), Ceballos*, Bale (Odegaard), Reinier (Kubo), Asensio, Jovic

With Almeria being in the 2nd division I decided to play my backups and they got a comfortable win. Ceballos scored the goal of the game with a 30 yarder.

--

varane.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane*, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Reinier), Hazard, Mbappe

Varane is now up to 7 for the season with his double here. We had 33 shots - they had none.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round
elche.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Carvajal, Ramos, Eder Militao, Reguilon, Casemiro, Ceballos, Sterling. Reinier, Asensio*, Jovic (Mayoral)

A couple of late goals added a bit of gloss to the scoreline but we weren't very impressive if truth be told.

--

rb.png

Lineup - Courtois, Carvajal (Eder Militao), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Reinier), Hazard*, Mbappe

Betis matched us for most of the game but 3 late goals won us the match and made it look much more convincing! We play Betis again in our next match in the Copa del Rey.

--

SUMMARY

January was an excellent month for us and it peaked right at the very first game as we went to the Camp Nou and beat Barcelona 3-0 to really put down a marker. What followed in the league was 3 convincing victories and a draw against Real Sociedad but Barcelona also slipped up again so we end the month 6pts clear at the top of the table.

Having waited half a month to play Barcelona we ended up playing them twice in just over a week as we were matched up against them in the Supercopa final and we triumphed again to win 2-1 and claim my 9th trophy in just 2 and a half seasons.

In the Copa del Rey my backups beat Almeria and Elche and we will play Real Betis in the quarter-finals.

Going into the January window with £100m to spend I fancied signing a RW but the board informed me that they were cutting costs as the club is £60m in the red and I was left with no money to spend so nothing happened!! Other than that - I can speak basic Spanish now lol.

Benfica watch...…..

They sold Svilar to Marseille for £4.3m despite him being valued at over £10m - at least he goes to a future destination. They also sold a young midfielder to Atletico Madrid for £18m and a young left back to Sevilla for a bargain £1m. But they did finally sign somebody and after I brought in 2 right backs in the summer they went out and spent £22m on a 3rd one. They also signed a young keeper. Then on deadline day they signed another keeper in Luca Zidane for £8.5m and Evander from FC Midjytlland for £11m. Madness!!!! Having said that they are running away with the league so I should maybe shut up lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDEN HAZARD
hazard.png

--

LA LIGA
jan.png

So French Ronaldo Vs Guinea Bissau Messi
It Could Be Very Good Match
So Where Is Messi,Coutinho,Suarez And Griezmann And All Barça Squad In 2019-2020 Did they all Left Or they are Retired
with mbappe could you and Mbappe beat barcelona with Havertz,Sancho And All Super Players In Barça Squad
so how ramos,benzema,and all real madrid squad 2019-20 are doing
anyways good luck beating barcelona

Ramos is still floating about in my squad and I gave him a new contract just cos I think he is great. I sold Benzema to West Ham for a pittance.

Messi, Suarez etc are still going about although Coutinho signed for Bayern

- it is only 3 seasons in so not too late in the game. Here is their squad after deadline day.
barca.png

---.png

Really cool thread and looks like a fun idea I'm going to try for myself. Quick question tho, do you have anything against using downloaded tactics to do this challenge? Great work so far?

No rules about tactics. Just one career and post your manager history and pic of final when successful. Good luck and keep me posted. Hoping to get a few folk to post their successes so I can get a leaderbard going!

1586376760470.png

FEBRUARY

Copa del Rey Quarter-Final
betis.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin (Eder Militao), Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Reinier), Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe*

We reach the semis here. Hazard missed a penalty before he converted a 2nd one and then Mbappe got back to scoring ways with a double.

--

celta.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane*, Laporte (Ramos), Mendy, Camavinga, Kroos, Sterling, Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

--

Copa del Rey Semi-Final 1st Leg
1st leg.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin, Varane (Eder Militao), Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos, Sterling*, Isco (Reinier), Hazard, Mbappe

Derby day joy for us and surely a 3 goal advantage will be enough to see us into the final. We hit the woodwork 3 times so it could have been even more comfortable.

--

barca.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Laporte, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos, Sterling (Bale), Isco, Hazard (Asensio), Mbappe

I am proud of my team after this result. Sure we didn't play great and in truth were 2nd best but after 75min Lpaorte went off injured and I was down to 10 men so when they scored a late penalty I thought it was game over but not so as Gareth Bale levelled with a header just afterwards. We then also had a couple of chances to win the game.

1 worrying thing - Mbappe has gone 5 league games without a goal now.

--

levante.png

Lineup - Courtois, Bellerin, Varane, Ramos, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos*, Sterling (Bale), Isco (Asensio), Hazard, Mbappe

At 2-0 down early on we were stunned and we were shambolic but fortunately my defense along with Toni Kroos came to the rescue. Bellerin got the 1st, Mendy powered in the 2nd for his 6th of the season while Varane got the winner with his 8th of the season. Mbappe sealed things late on - Kroos got 3 assists.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Courtois, Bellerin (Carvajal), Varane, Ramos, Mendy, Casemiro (Ceballos), Kroos, Sterling*, Isco (Asensio), Hazard, Mbappe

We destroyed Shakhtar here and are pretty much through to the quarter-finals now. I am sure I beat Shakhtar 5-1 with Benfica in the knockout stages of the Europa League last season so repeated the dose here.

--

GIRONA.png

Lineup
- Ivan Martinez, Bellerin, Varane, Ramos, Mendy, Camavinga (Casemiro), Kroos, Sterling, Isco (Asensio), Hazard, Mbappe*

Mbappe now has 30 for the season with his double here. Varane scored again and Hazard missed a penalty while the score was at 0-0.

--

SUMMARY

It was business as usual this month - we played teams and we beat teams lol. Tbh we did draw against Barcelona in a game which pretty much sealed the league title in truth as we end the month 8pts clear at the top. We did have a scare against Levante when we went 2 down early on but we recovered to win 4-2 lol.

In the cups after beating Betis we beat Atletico Madrid in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi and Shakhtar Donetsk 5-1 in the Champions League knockout 1st leg so we should have done enough to advance already.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAPHAEL VARANE
VARANE.png

--

LA LIGA
feb.png

Attachments

• 1586376762758.png
    1586376762758.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 43