SCOTLAND

2036 UEFA European Championships

Holders - Spain
Hosts - Germany

--

Group F

france.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, G.Kerr, Hickey, Gray, F.Munro, McLaughlin (Malitoli), Crawford, D.Kerr (Maclean), McMahon (Shearer)

We actually played pretty well here and deserved at least a draw from the match but we just couldnt find that all important goal. Still, there are encouraging signs to take forward.

--

slovenia.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Gebbie, G.Kerr, Hickey, Gray (R.Byrne), F.Munro (Dingwall), McLaughlin, Crawford (Devlin), D.Kerr, McMahon*

A good win against a stubborn Slovenian side who created a few chances themselves. Unfortunately for us Finland drew with France and having beaten Slovenia in the first group game we have to beat them to go through. McLaughlin won his 50th cap here.

--

finland.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill (Malitoli), Gebbie*, G.Kerr (Dunn), Hickey, Gray, F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Devlin), D.Kerr, McMahon

We qualify for the knockouts here with a fine win. Early goals from Gray and McMahon eased any nerves and although they pulled a goal back before half-time we managed to nick a 3rd late on. Finland have qualified anyway as one of the best 3rd placed teams.

-----.png

--

2nd Round
Untitled.png

Lineup
- Smart, Malitoli, Gebbie, G.Kerr (Dunn), Hickey, Gray (R.Byrne), F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Devlin), D.Kerr, McMahon

Having beaten Turkey in a pre-tournament friendly I was confident about repeating that feat and so it proved to be as we edged them out in a 7 goal thriller. McMahon was our hero as he netted another 2 to take him up to 5 for the competition. The board wanted me to reach the 2nd round so I have gone over and above their expectations.

--

Quarter-Finals
spain.png

Lineup
- Smart, Malitoli, Gebbie, G.Kerr, Hickey, Gray (R.Byrne), F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Devlin), D.Kerr (Maclean), McMahon*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I dont ******* believe this! We thrash Spain to reach the semis and we fully deserve to do so too! We got off to a great start as we were 2up after only 11min and then in the 2nd half we were given a penalty which McMahon tucked away to get his 2nd. We missed so many chances that we should have won by a lot more in truth but there was a downside as Gray and Maclean went off injured and Gebbie got sent-off. We actually ended the match with 9 men!

--

Semi-Finals
poland.png

Lineup
- Smart*, Hill, Dunn, G.Kerr (Aitken), Hickey, R.Byrne, F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Devlin), D.Kerr (McLaughlin), McMahon

WE REACH THE FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy McMahon scored yet again as we managed to beat Poland to get into the final. He also missed a penalty though! Callum Smart was the MOM as he kept a clean sheet as Poland threw everything at us but we managed to keep them out.

--

Final
holland.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, G.Kerr, Hickey, R.Byrne, F.Munro (Dingwall), J.Byrne, Crawford (Shearer), D.Kerr (Devlin), McMahon

Alas it was not to be as we lose here to the Dutch. I can have no complaints really as they battered us but we took the lead through an early McMahon penalty and after that it was all about us trying to hold on. We have had some tournament though!!!

1617041978376.png

KRIS STUART IS APPOINTED AS INTER MILAN MANAGER!!!!!

This was sealed just before the quarter-finals of the Euros so I have still to get myself sorted in Milan yet! I replace Garry Monk (lol) and have been given a healthy budget of £75m to spend however I have possibly the largest squad known to mankind............
inter.png
milan.png

Plus 2 strikers and 7 players I relegated to the B team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Inter are in the Europa League so I have at least 2 years facing me in Milan. I have some great players but the likes of Demir and Pedri who are must buys at the start of the game are old now so lots of work needs to be done!

--

WHY AM I HERE????

Inter have won the European Cup/Champions League on 3 occasions. In 1964 and 1965 they won the European Cup while in 2010 they defeated Bayern Munich to claim the Champions League.​

1617109559810.png

PRE-SEASON

That was a busy summer!!! Managing Scotland to the European Championship final was one thing but then getting appointed as Inter Milan manager during the tournament really fried my brain! I had so much to do with regards to sorting out the squad that it took forever. The backroom team needed sorted out also and that also took its time but as I write on the 4th of September 2036 I feel that we are in good shape.

I have spent £215m on 9 players and recouped £152m by selling 16 players plus I loaned out a shed load and cashed in on several transfer fee clauses.

The way I am looking at it is this - I have had a first go at reshaping the squad and come January a few tweaks may happen but as long as we get Champions League football next season I am not worried although I have told the board that we are going to win the Europa League! Then in the summer I have another go at it as I still have players to move on and I already am left with £50m in my transfer kitty so I can really go for the Champions League next season! Thats the plan anyway!

So without further ado here are my transfer dealings - well most of them as there was quite a lot.

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

Now at the stage of the game where we are most of these are regens so I dont have to go over them but Pedri and Yusuf Demir you all know about but they are too old now for me so off they went. The same goes for Gvardiol who I had at Man Utd. I also inherited Youssouph Badji but he was sold to Olympiakos for a pittance - I had him at Dortmund and Real Madrid.

--

PLAYERS IN

Now with us not being in the Champions League we were slightly limited in terms of the quality of player that wanted to come to us. For instance Celtic are rated higher than us in the club rankings despite selling nearly all of my squad that I built. Also I could only bring in one non-EU player which limited me further.

in.png

For my first signing I went back to Celtic. I needed a LW and so I moved to sign Norberto Piedra who at 21y/o can only improve further and to get him for just £22m is an absolute steal. He was also my non-eu signing.
piedra.png

I then paid Atalanta £54m for Francesco Macaluso. The 21y/o midfield player is world class yet only has 1 cap for Italy but he will go straight into my midfield. The fact that he can still develop further is quite scary!
macaluso.png

£53m was handed to Fiorentina for their versatile midfield player Piero Valentino. He is a top player but not a world beater but there was an added bonus that he started his career with Inter so I got £6m back as a sell on clause plus he is registered as a home grown player by club!
valentino.png

Mario Morozov joined from Sampdoria for £24m. I had him at my time at AC Milan although he barely featured but he has developed into a decent player and will provide cover for both CM and AMC.
morozov.png

Franco Carotenuto joined us from Bayern Munich for £21m. The Argentina international had an Italian passport so was able to join us but he signed just before the transfer window closed and he wanted me to strengthen the midfield - which I didnt - so he has already handed in a transfer request the *****!
carotenuto.png

I needed a backup RW and toyed with being reunited with Vuk Andrejic of Celtic but in the end I plumped for Ussumane Mendes from Monaco for £20m. I considered signing him for Celtic once upon a time and he will be a backup winger so we shall see how he gets on.
mendes.png

My last player for the first team is my new backup keeper. 20y/o Greece international Michalis Kouloukidis joined from Panathinaikos for £17.5m and he has a big future. He will be my cup keeper this season to see if he is good enough to be my no.1 choice for next season so its a big year for him. Naturally Callum Smart was my no1 target but he already signed for Bayern Munich just before I was appointed unfortunately.
koulokidis.png

Finally 2 youngsters were brought in. Brazilian wonderkid Anderson Luiz Ferro joined for £1.5m but as a non-eu player he had to be loaned out to get game time which is a shame as he would definitely get game time this season. The other lad is a cheap signing from Swedish football.
ferro.png
jorgensen.png

--

1617114410424.png

MANAGERS IN ITALY AND ELSEWHERE

Just a quick note to show you who I am up against in Serie A and there are some interesting ones - Hector Bellerin!!!

AC Milan - Leonardo Jardim
AS Roma - Daniele De Rossi
Atalanta - Adrien Rabiot
Benevento - Paco Alcacer
Bologna - Sinisa Mihajlovic
Brescia - Marco Verratti
Cagliari - Pasquale Schiattarella
Crotone - Daley Blind

Fiorentina - Savo Milosevic
Genoa - Roberto De Zerbi
Juventus - Gennaro Gattuso
Lazio - Rogerio Ceni
Napoli - Hector Bellerin

Salernitana - Luca Fusco
Sampdoria - Samir Nasri
Sassuolo - Bartosz Salamon
SPAL - Kily Gonzalez
Udinese - Moreno Longo
Verona - Diego Lopez

1617115029613.png

1964 European Cup Final - Inter Milan 3-1 Real Madrid

--

SEPTEMBER

brescia.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Lasalandra), Auvray (Mendes), Domingo*, Valentino, Molteni

This game was played at the end of August just before the transfer window shut so I chucked it into this months post. We got an opening day victory thanks to goals from Domingo and Molteni - 2 players that I am not overly convinced about in all honesty. Macaluso, Lasalandra (who is only 16) and Mendes made their debuts here.

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Limoeiro), Auvray, Domingo (Morozov), Valentino*, Molteni (Carmotenuto)

Difficult to judge whether or not this is a decent away point or not. We came from behind to ****** a draw but they had a goal disallowed with 2min left. Valentino was our goalscorer as he scored for his current club which was his former club against his former club lol.

--

UEFA Europa League Group A
anderlecht.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso, Pavone*, Auvray, Domingo (Morozov), Valentino, Molteni (Carmotenuto)

I went with a strong side here as I need my players to continue to learn the new system that I am forcing on to them. We did not bad to be fair with Pavone grabbing 2 goals and Carmotenuto netting his first goal for the club.

--

cagliari.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela*, Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino, Molteni (Carmotenuto)

We huffed and puffed here but got the win that our play deserved. Carotenuto came off the bench to score again and is of similar ability to Molteni but Molteni hasnt ****** me off yet lol.

--

juventus.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela (Yeha), Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Morozov), Valentino, Molteni (Carmotenuto)

We were absolutely superb here. We had 22 shots to their 6 and completely dominated them which considering I have recently arrived at the club and the fact that we come to Juventus and completely outplay them is a good sign for the future. Just a pity we didnt win.

--

bologna.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone (Morozov), Auvray*, Domingo, Valentino, Molteni

We took our form from the Juventus match, transferred it into this match and this time out we were rewarded with 6 goals as both Auvray and Molteni scored hat-tricks. A terrific performance.

--

SUMMARY

I have had an encouraging start to my time here at Inter but I am still learning about my players however we have started very well. We went through the motions in the first few games but then against Juventus things clicked and although we only drew we played them off the park and we followed that up with a 6-0 thrashing of Bologna.

One worry however is our financial situation as already we are £17m in debt despite having a £50m transfer budget left. That being said I have about £100m worth of players to sell in the summer I reckon.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EWANN AUVRAY
auvray.png

--

SERIE A
SEP.png

--

1617115384689.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA Nations League Division A Group 4
italy.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray (Ecrepont), R.Byrne, J.Byrne (McLaughlin), Crawford, D.Kerr (Maclean), McMahon

Meh. This was always going to be a hard task and in the end we were well beaten although we didnt play too badly and on another day might have nicked something. Spurs defender, Kyle Farquhar, who is only 18 had a rough start to his international career!

--

norway.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie*, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray (Dingwall), R.Byrne (Ecrepont), J.Byrne (McLaughlin), Crawford, D.Kerr, McMahon

It was imperative that we won this match to put ourselves above Norway in the table as realistically it is between us 2 to see who will be relegated so I am happy that we got the win. John Byrne won his 100th cap.

First season knocked out by Bayern in the 1/4's 4-2 on agg, 1st time managing Barca and I must say their squad depth is quite average IMO have signed Kimmich for 74mil for 2nd season so hopefully get it over the line in the 2nd season.
1611089824098.png

MY SEASON BY SEASON PROGRESS

SEASONCLUBTROPHIES WONPOINTS WON
2020-21BarcelonaLa Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa,-
2021-22--
2022-23-
2023-24
2024-25--
2025-26
2026-27
2027-28--
2028-29
2029-30
2030-31
2031-32
2032-33-
2033-34-
2034-35
2035-36--
2036-37
2037-38
2038-39
2039-40

1617437017649.png

1965 European Cup Final - Inter Milan 1-0 Benfica

--

OCTOBER

guingamp.png

Lineup - Kouloukidis, Morgan, Keha, Limoeiro, Mercier, Cela (Lasalandra), Morozov, Mendes (Papa), Donati, Piedra*, Carotenuto (Guerriero)

What a debut for Norberto Piedra!!! The Argentinian winger scored a hat-trick and even managed to time his goals so they make up a sum! 40+51=91 lol.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan, Victor, Cela, Mercier, Morozov (Lasalandra), Pavone, Auvray (Piedra), Domingo (Donati), Valentino, Molteni

My first defeat as Inter manager and I have no complaints as we were totally outplayed. Roma have some great forward players and took advantage of the fact that we were without a few defenders.

--

samp.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan (Keha), Victor, Cela, Kone*, Morozov, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino, Molteni (Calotenuto)

We bounce back with a win and a decent performance here. Our play deserved more goals tbh.

--

apoel.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Morgan, Keha (Djalo), Limoeiro, Kone, Morozov, Lasalandra, Mendes, Donati, Piedra*, Guerriero (Papa)

I put my faith in my backups to get the job done here and they did but it was a bit of a struggle which is worrying.

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose (Limoeiro), Cela, Kone, Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino*, Molteni

We get back to back wins in the league for the first time this season here as 3 goals in an 11 minute spell did fro Hector Bellerin's Napoli. We took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half which was a shame but at least we kept a clean sheet.

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose (Limoeiro), Cela, Kone, Macaluso (Lasalandra), Pavone, Auvray*, Domingo, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

Udinese are bottom of the league and we piled on the misery here with another 3 goals although we were helped by the fact that we were given a penalty and they had a man sent-off.

--

SUMMARY

Overall this month was pretty good but if you take into account the Scotland fixtures it was amazing!! We did lose our first league game of the month to Roma which was a worry as we were outclassed but we did win our next 3 league fixtures to propel us up into the top 4. We also won both our Europa League ties which was good as I was playing my backups.

I am by no means happy with my squad though but I am still learning about my players I suppose. I have 2 huge transfer windows to deal with to set us up to be in a position of winning the Champions League. Make no mistake I have some top quality players - I just need a few more lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NORBERTO PIEDRA
piedra.png

--

SERIE A
OCT.png

--

1617437599490.png

SCOTLAND

holland.png

Lineup - Smart, Gray, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald (Dunn), R.Byrne, F.Munro (Lee), J.Byrne (McLaughlin), Crawford, D.Kerr, McMahon*

WOW!!!!!

He might not get a game for Brighton (who have been taken over by a tycoon) but Billy McMahon is a superstar for Scotland!!! He fired in a superb hat-trick for us to beat the Dutch and Sunderland midfielder, Glenn Lee, came off the bench to score the winner on his debut! Nice to get revenge on our Euros final defeat too!

--

italy.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Gebbie, R.Byrne (G.Kerr), MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro (Lee), McLaughlin, Crawford (Ecrepont), D.Kerr, McMahon*

BILLY MCMAHON!!!!!!!!!!

Back to back hat-tricks for McMahon takes him up to 38 goals in 33 caps as we destroyed Italy in the first half as we led 5-1 at the break. A truly incredible performance and a result which gives us a real chance of winning the group when I would have taken 3rd place at the start.

2 crazy scorelines!!!

To be honest it is a really strong side. Smart is arguably the best keeper in the world, Hill is a top quality RB, Munro is a wonderkid at Juventus, Crawford is still a wonderkid at Liverpool but is a world class player already, John Byrne is quality and we all know about Billy McMahon!!! There are a few other wonderkids floating about too like Richard Byrne and Ben McKenzie who cant even get into the squad!

1617449170927.png

2010 UEFA Champions League Final - Inter Milan 2-0 Bayern Munich

--

NOVEMBER

crotone.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose (Keha), Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo*, Valentino, Molteni (Carotenuto)

Domingo was the star of the show here with 2 great goals from outside the area including a free-kick. Molteni missed a first half penalty in the first half so it could have been more.

--

nicosia.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Morgan, Limoeiro, Keha (Djalo), Kone (Mercier), Morozov*, Lasalandra, Guerriero, Donati, Piedra, Carotenuto (Papa)

We qualify for the knockout rounds here as my backups once again got a run out. Guerriero scored 2 and Morozov added a 3rd in a MOM performance from him.

--

sassuolo.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela*, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray (Guerriero), Domingo (Donati), Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

We win but we struggled. They gifted us an own goal and a penalty but tbh we were very fortunate. Sassuolo sacked their manager immediately after the game.

--

BENEVENTO.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino*, Molteni (Carotenuto)

A boring match with just the one highlight when Valentino scored the only goal of the game to make it 6 wins in a row in Serie A.

--

anderlecht.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Morgan, Keha, Limoeiro (Djalo), Mercier, Morozov, Lasalandra, Mendes (Guerriero), Donati (Papa), Piedra*, Carotenuto

We only needed a point to win the group but we got all 3 as once again Nortberto Piedra shone with another goal and a MOM performance.

--

salernitana.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Morozov), Auvray, Domingo, Valentino, Molteni*

7 wins in a row in the league and we got it in fine fashion as Salernitana were hit for 7. Valentino set us on our way with a fantastic solo effort and then Molteni got his 2nd hat-trick of the season to put us on easy street. Morozov came off the bench and scored with a free-kick to finish the scoring.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month as every game was won! Tbh our fixture list was rather kind so to win every match wasnt really difficult in truth. The games still have to be won though and we find ourselves top of Serie A as we have won our last 7 league fixtures! Defensively we are solid as we have only conceded 2 goals in those 7 fixtures and at the moment we are finding the goals so all is good.

My £50m transfer budget has gone! Due to the fact that the bank balance is currently sitting at us being £49m in debt the board have taken my available transfer budget off me! I cant really blame them but it does mean that the summer is doubly more important now and more difficult!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIERO VALENTINO
valentino.png

--

SERIE A
NOV.png

--

1617449296807.png

SCOTLAND

norway.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill (Malitoli), Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray*, F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Dunn), D.Kerr, McMahon

A great win under the circumstances as we battled away for half the match with 10 men after Farqujar got sent-off. Even though we were down to 10 men we still passed up some glorious chances but the important thing was the 3pts. If we avoid defeat against Holland we will win the group.

--

2-2.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, R.Byrne, Malitoli, Gray (Lee), F.Munro (Ecrepont*), J.Byrne, Crawford, Cunningham, McMahon (McKenzie)

WE WIN THE GROUP!!!!!

Ken Ecrepont was the hero as he came off the bench to thunder in an equaliser from 20 yards for us to win the group which is a fantastic achievement given that we also had Italy to contend with. I still would have rather have swapped the loss in the Euros final against the Dutch for one of the 2 results we had against them in the group lol.

group.png

1617474185367.png

Helenio Herrera

Herrera had 2 spells in charge of Inter between 1960-68 and 1973-74 but it was in his first spell where he was more successful as he led them to 2 European Cups, 3 Serie A titles and 2 Intercontinental cups. Amazingly he also managed Spain and Italy for a period of time during his first stint at the club!!!

--

DECEMBER

atalanta.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone*, Auvray, Domingo (Donati), Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

8 wins on the spin now! This was a no thrills performance. We kept them at arms reach and managed to grab 2 goals. Professional!

--

lazio.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Morozov), Valentino, Molteni (Carotenuto)

Our winning run in the league is over and deservedly so after that performance. We didnt threaten Lazio at all and it became apparent that a draw was the best we could hope for but alas it was not to be. Victor's sending off ended any chance we had of levelling which was pretty annoying.

--

4-0.png

Lineup - Kouloukidis, Morgan, Limoeiro, Keha (Djalo), Mercier, Morozov, Lasalandra, Mendes (Guerriero), Donati (Papa), Piedra*, Carotenuto

Very nice. We finish the group off with an easy win over Guingamp who are without a manager apparently. Piedra loves this competition it seems as he has now scored 7 goals in just 5 appearances in the group!

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo*, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni (Carotenuto)

A narrow victory and Genoa can count themselves to be incredibly unfortunate here as they deserved a point for sure. Despite their strong performance, Genoa sacked Samir Nasri after the game.

--

milan.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni (Carotenuto)

Poor. It seems as though we can beat the dross in this league but cant beat the top sides. Having said that AC Milan have been poor this season but they deservedly won here. A poor way to end 2038.

--

SUMMARY

December was a bit of a struggle. We lost 2 league fixtures to Lazio and AC Milan which sees us relinquish top spot in the league and fall slightly behind which is a bit annoying. The league title is there for the taking but we need to do better against the likes of Roma, Lazio, Juventus and AC Milan as we havent beaten one of them yet.

We finished off our group in the Europa League in fine style though as my backups thumped Guingamp 4-0 so that was pleasing.

As for Scotland we have been put in a group alongside Switzerland, Israel, Albania and Azerbaijan in our world cup qualifying section so thats not a bad group. In the Nations League semis we will play Germany though.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALBERTO PAVONE
pavone.png

--

SERIE A
DEC.png

5-4 win over Juventus in champions league now to find a new club:) I'm not sure how to do screen shots lads if anyone knows.
1611089824098.png
5-4 now to

MY SEASON BY SEASON PROGRESS

SEASONCLUBTROPHIES WONPOINTS WON
2020-21BarcelonaLa Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa,-
2021-22BarcelonaLa Liga, Supercopa, Champions League5 points
2022-23-
2023-24
2024-25--
2025-26
2026-27
2027-28--
2028-29
2029-30
2030-31
2031-32
2032-33-
2033-34-
2034-35
2035-36--
2036-37
2037-38
2038-39
2039-40

Got the liverpool job and being a man utd fan not the flashest but will give it a crack:)

1617481246050.png

Jose Mourinho

Mourinho had 2 years in charge of Inter Milan and led them to the UEFA Champions League in 2010 when they defeated Bayern Munich and that was his last game in charge of the club before leaving to join Real Madrid. He also picked up 2 Serie A titles, 1 Coppa Italia and 1 Italian Super Cup while he was there!

--

JANUARY

spal.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan (Mercier), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Morozov*, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo, Valentino, Molteni

Our first half performance here was top notch as we scored 4 good goals but we were terrible in the 2nd half and lost it 2-0 but at least we won. Morozov came into the side and got 2 assists and the MOM award. He was in for Macaluso who has been a very naughty boy..........
!!!!!!!!!!.png

With the players in the game being 90% regens I suppose incidents like these will occur from time to time as their can be no legal consequences!

--

verona.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose*, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Morozov (Macaluso), Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Donati), Valentino, Molteni

Ewann Auvray scored for the 4th league game running to get us the win here but he wont make it 5 in a row as he went off injured in stoppage time and will be out for around a month.

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
brescia.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose*, Cela, Mercier, Morozov, Pavone, Valentino, Domingo, Piedra (Guerriero), Molteni

A comfortable win as we ease ourselves into the quarter-finals. We play brescia in our next match so I hope for more of the same there!

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Limoeiro, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso (Morozov*), Pavone, Mendes (Guerriero), Domingo, Valentino, Molteni (Carotenuto)

A truly awful match but it was lit up by Morozov who came off the bench to score the only goal of the game direct from a free-kick. We were missing several players like Kone, Marcelo Jose, Piedra and Auvray so maybe a poor performance was to be expected.

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso (Morgan), Pavone (Morozov), Mendes, Domingo*, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

We fell behind here but recovered to smash 4 past Fiorentina. Mendes was the surprise scorer of our equaliser and then Molteni put us ahead after the break. Morozov came off the bench to score from a free-kick for the 2nd game running and finally Domingo ran from his own half to score the 4th. Playing Morgan here was costly - a clause of £8.75m was just paid out!!!!

--

cagliari.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone (Morozov), Mendes (Papa), Domingo, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni*

5 wins on the trot now! Molteni grabbed a brace but unfortunately for us Valentino picked up an injury and will be out for a few weeks so I am without both of my first choice wingers now.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final
BARI.png

Lineup - Kouloukidis, Victor, Marcelo Jose*, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone (Lasalandra), Mendes, Domingo (Donati), Piedra (Guerriero), Molteni

Despite Bari being a division below us I still put out a strong side and just as well I did as they werent no pushovers! In the end another brace from Molteni sent us through and I am pleased that we kept a clean sheet.

--

juventus.png

Lineup - Njoh*, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Limoeiro, Mercier, Morozov, Pavone, Auvray (Guerriero), Domingo, Piedra, Molteni (Carotenuto)

GET IN!!!!

We go 5pts clear of Juventus with this win. It was an even game but we got the only goal of the game when Auvray finished on his return from injury. They piled on the pressure late on but couldnt find a way past Njoh. Our first win against one of the big boys.

--

SUMMARY

2039 has started off brilliantly! We won all of our matches including a 1-0 defeat of Juventus at the end of the month and we are now back on top of the table alongside Lazio. It is shaping up to be some title run in with 4 teams in with a chance of claiming the title. As for ourselves a slip up is never far away however we are currently on a 6 game winning streak and did put together an 8 game winning run earlier in the season.

As for transfers there is absolutely nothing to report. I am completely broke and therefor we couldnt afford to lose any players. I have pre-arranged a free transfer for the summer which is quite exciting though.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARCELO JOSE

mj.png

--

SERIE A
table.png

1617528165889.png

Giuliano Sarti

Sarti spent 5 years at Inter between 1963-68 and was the goalkeeper in the 2 finals in that time in which Inter won. He amassed 147 appearances for Inter and he also won 2 Serie A titles and 2 Intercontinental Cups. He was capped 8 times for Italy and also had a successful spell with Fiorentina before joining Inter.

--

FEBRUARY

bologna.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Donati), Piedra, Molteni*

We go clear at the top with this win but only by 1pt! Domingo thought he had put us ahead but his goal was ruled out but shortly afterwards we went ahead when Molteni tapped in from the goal line.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
lazio.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier (Kone), Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone, Auvray (Mendes), Domingo, Piedra, Molteni*

A great result but it came at a cost as both Auvray and Mendes went off injured and are both out for over a month. Lazio also had 2 poayers taken off injured so it was a bit of a crazy game.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Pavone, Valentino (Guerriero), Domingo, Piedra (Donati), Molteni (Carotenuto)

Our winning run is over but I can accept a draw here in this top of the table clash. We probably should have won it as Guerriero was put clean through in stoppage time but he fired the ball straight at their keeper. Hey ho.

--

SAMPDORIA.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Morozov), Valentino, Domingo, Piedra*, Molteni (Carotenuto)

2 early goals from Norberto Piedra was enough to defeat bottom of the table Sampdoria. He now has 11 goals this season which is not bad for a backup LW!!!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
4-0.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Valentino, Domingo, Piedra (Donati), Molteni*

WONDERFUL!!!!

We put in a terrific first half display here as Molteni scored a hat-trick and Domingo scored a wonder goal plus Njoh saved a penalty. We knew we wer ein the final so the players just went through the motions in the 2nd half and I cant blame them.

--

SUMMARY

We are still going strong as we put in another unbeaten month. We dropped 2pts to Roma but we won all the rest of our matches and that has us 1pt clear at the top of the table and also in the Coppa Italia final where we will come up against our biggest rivals - AC Milan!

Our run is even more impressive considering we have had several injuries and suspensions and players being tired. In some matches we didnt even have enough players to fill the substitutes bench!

Next month sees us come back into European action and we also have the youth intake. With me being here for at least one more season I actually have an interest in it this time lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FEDERICO MOLTENI
molteni.png

--

SERIE A
feb.png

1617533218242.png

Tarcisio Burgnich

Burgnich played in both winning European Cup finals and also won 4 Serie A titles and 2 Intercontinental Cups in his 12 year stay at Inter between 1962-74. All in all he played 358 games and scored 5 goals for the club.

--

MARCH

napolit.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Morozov), Valentino (Mendes), Domingo, Piedra, Molteni (Carotenuto)

We miss the chance to extend our lead at the top of the table here as everyone else drew before us. We took the lead through Domingo and led at half-time but we just didnt perform in the 2nd half. Pavone got injured and is out for a month which is a big blow.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
villarreal.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso (Lasalandra), Morozov, Valentino*, Domingo (Morgan), Donati, Molteni (Carotenuto)

This game had a crazy ending. We were actually down to 10 men when Donati went off injured with 10min to go but we still managed to score twice through Valentino although we still had enough time to concede a goal. A good win and 2 away goals so I am pretty happy.

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Morozov, Valentino, Domingo*, Piedra, Carotenuto (Guerriero)

We were without 6 players here (Kone, Molteni, Pavone, Auvray, Donati and Keha) so to win quite comfortably is quite pleasing. Valentino scored again while Piedra tucked away a penalty and he also had a 2nd half goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
2-2.png

Lineup
- Kouloukidis, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso, Morozov (Lasalandra), Valentino* (Mendes), Domingo, Piedra (Guerriero), Carotenuto

Valentino is in hot form at the minute and he scored twice to have us on easy street but then we just seemed to bottle it. They got back to level terms and we were ******** ourselves and we were very fortunate to see the game out. Unfortunately Valentino picked up a knock and is out for a week.

--

crotone.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela*, Kone, Macaluso (Lasalandra), Morozov, Mendes, Domingo (Papa), Piedra (Guerriero), Molteni

--

sassuolo.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso (Lasalandra), Morozov, Mendes (Auvray), Guerriero (Donati), Piedro, Molteni*

A narrow victory but it takes our unbeaten run in the league up to 13 matches and we are now 3pts clear. We arent playing great football but we are certainly grinding out the results.

--

SUMMARY

Another month where the results keep on coming despite having players continually dropping out through injury or suspension! It is testament to my players mentality that despite having all these problems we have managed to go 3pts clear at the top of the league. We also managed to knock out Villarreal in the Europa League but we have a tough tie against Liverpool in the next round.

As for the youth intake it was pretty good and I signed up several players from it which makes a change. There was also 2 Scottish lads in amongst it!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIERO VALENTINO
valentino.png

--

SERIE A
march.png

--

1617533454838.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 8
swiss.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill (Malitoli), Gebbie*, Farquhar, MacDonald (Dunn), Gray, F.Munro, J.Byrne, Devlin, D.Kerr (McKenzie), McMahon

I am delighted with this victory as this on paper is our hardest qualifying match. We fell behind and were looking beat but my 2 CBs popped up with 2 late goals to give us a smash and grab victory.

--

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 8
azerbaijan.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro (Lee), J.Byrne*, Devlin (Clark), D.Kerr (Maclean), McMahon

Pathetic. Azerbaijan are the weakest team in the group yet we struggled to beat them here. They even had an equalizing goal disallowed! Aberdeen midfielder Craig Clark made his debut here in this instantly forgettable game.

1617559350373.png

Giacinto Facchetti

Legendary defender Facchetti was another who played in both of the European Cup winning final teams of the 1960s. A one club man, he made 476 apps and scored 59 goals in 18 years with Inter between 1960-78. All in all he won 4 Serie A titles, 1 Coppa Italia, 2 Intercontinental Cups and of course the 2 European Cups.

--

APRIL

benevento.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Valentino, Domingo (Morozov), Piedra (Donati), Molteni (Carotenuto)

This game sums up our play this season. Control the game and be comfortable and just get enough goals to see us over the line. Like I have said before, when you are trouncing teams regularly by 4 or 5 goals you know you have a team that can compete at the top level. Macaluso got his 1st goal of the season here.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
liverpool.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso, Pavone, Valentino, Domingo, Piedra (Guerriero), Molteni

Meh. We have it all to do in the 2nd leg now after this narrow defeat. We took the lead but couldnt hold on to it but at least we have an away goal to work with! We didnt deserve to lose mind you!

--

salernitana.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela (Keha), Kone, Macaluso, Pavone (Lasalandra), Valentino (Mendes), Domingo, Piedra*, Molteni

What was I saying about not thrashing teams??? We certainly did that here as we put 8 past Salernitana. Molteni helped himself to a hat-trick to take him up to 31 goals for the season, Piedra got 2 goals and 2 assists, Macaluso got his 2nd goal in as many league games despute not scoring before and Gianbattista Lasalandra who just turned 17, got his first goal of his career from distance.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
5-3.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso (Morozov), Pavone, Valentino, Domingo, Piedra (Auvray), Molteni

INTO THE SEMIS WE GO!!!!

Not for the first time this season we blow a team away in the first half as we somehow put 5 goals past Liverpool in the first half. They then pulled 2 goals back and only needed 1 goal to put us out and they thought they had it in stoppage time when Santamaria scored but thankfully for us it was ruled out for offside.

Sevilla will be our opponents in the semis.

--

atalanta.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone (Mercier), Morozov, Pavone, Valentino (Auvray), Domingo, Piedra* (Guerriero), Carotenuto

A hat-trick of penalties from Piedra sees us confirm qualification for next seasons Champions League. I have been given an initial transfer budget of £50m but with the club £113m in debt we are in a sticky situation. That being said I have a shitload of players to sell in the summer.

--

Coppa Italia Final
milan.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Morozov (Lasalandra), Pavone, Valentino (Auvray), Domingo (Donati), Piedra, Carotenuto*

Franco Carotenuto hasnt had the best of times since signing in the summer but he had his moment in the spotlight here as he hauled us back from a goal down to beat our bitterest rivals in extra-time and therefor we win the Coppa Italia. For the first hour we were terrible but from then on in we dominated.

--

1-2.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Morozov, Pavone (Lasalandra), Auvray, Domingo, Valentino (Piedra), Carotenuto (Guerriero)

After 16 league matches undefeated Lazio beat us here and do the league double over us. We probably deserved a draw tbh but alas it was not to be. Also with Molteni out my other striker, Carotenuto, picked up an injury and will be out for a few weeks

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
sevilla.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier (Kone), Morozov, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Limoeiro), Valentino*, Guerriero

A decent result. Sevilla have some great players and we were without a couple of our first picks so to get a draw and an away goal is pretty good.

--

SUMMARY

We go into the final month of the season with everything in our hands but with injuries and what not we still arent sure about our fate in the Europa League or Serie A. We did at least win the Coppa Italia this month as we came back from behind to defeat AC Milan 2-1 thanks to 2 goals from Carotenuto.

In the league we managed to win 3 matches including a tremendous 8-0 victory over Salernitana which apparently is a new Serie A record however in our last league fixture we lost 2-1 to Lazio which hauled them back into the title race. With 4 games to go we are 2pts clear so we are odds on favourites to win the title but there is still a bit of work to do yet.

In the Europa League we lost 2-1 away to Liverpool but managed to trounce them 5-3 at home to march into the semis which was a fine achievement. Sevilla were up next and we drew 1-1 away so we have an away goal and hopefully we can make the final.

I also arranged another transfer for next season.......

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NORBERTO PIEDRA
PIEDRA.png

--

SERIE A
APR.png

1617595586243.png
1617595646192.png
1617595720608.png
1617595745091.png

Figured the screen shot thing out so proof of the barca champ league win and ins and out for liverpool 1st season & my starting line up.

1617598351173.png

And we land in the same pool as the old club, let the games begin:)

1617734508304.png

Carlo Tagnin

Tagnin had a brief spell at Inter between 1962-65 and featured in the 164 European Cup final playing as the defensive midfielder. He only made 56 apps for Inter, scoring 1 goal and also picked up 2 Serie A titles and an Intercontinental Cup.

--

MAY

genoa.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Morozov (Lasalandra), Pavone, Auvray*, Domingo, Valentino, Guerriero (Papa)

We move 4pts clear here with a fine victory over Genoa here. We were missing a few players (was it ever thus?) but we still managed to win comfortably. Cela put us in front after he converted a rebound from his missed penalty and then Auvray netted twice to end any chance of a Genoa comeback.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi Final 2nd Leg
2-0.png

Lineup
- Njoh*, Victor (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Morozov, Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Guerriero), Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

INTO THE FINAL WE GO!!!!!

Molteni might have scored 2 early goals but it was the performance in goal from Njoh that stood out and he fully deserved his MOM award. He continually denied their main threat, Van Den Bosch, who is actually on loan from us and is on £235k a week and valued at over £30m!!!!!

We will play Roma in the final.

--

6-0.png

Lineup - Njoh, Victor (Morgan), Limoeiro (Djalo), Cela, Kone, Morozov, Pavone, Auvray*, Domingo, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni

WHAT A DERBY PERFORMANCE!!!!!

Unbelievable. We humiliate our greatest rivals (I have always preferred AC Milan tbh) by hitting them for 6. Auvray got a hat-trick while Domingo, Piedra and Morozov chipped in with the others. We were absolutely tremendous and the league title is well within our grasp now as we have further extended our lead.

--

spa.png

Lineup - Njoh, Morgan, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Morozov, Pavone (Macaluso), Auvray, Donati, Valentino (Piedra), Molteni (Mancini)

******* EMBARRASING!!!!!

We were up against the 2nd bottom team in the division and only needed a win to seal the title but we shat ourselves big time. They scored with their only shot on target and we did have a goal disallowed but this was a terrible performance. If we bottle the league title in our next game I will be absolutely raging!

In a perfect world we would have won here so I could have rested my players in our next game for the Europa League final but alas it is not to be.

--

verona.png

Lineup - Njoh (Kouloukidis), Victor, Marcelo Jose, Cela (Djalo), Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Donati (Morozov), Valentino, Molteni*

CHAMPIONS!!!!

Naturally I am delighted that we have won the title but considering they were down to 9 men for more than half the match I expected more goals. We ended up with 3 with Molteni bagging 2 and also having 2 disallowed.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
2-1.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Victor, Marcelo Jose (Limoeiro), Cela*, Kone (Mercier), Macaluso, Pavone, Auvray, Donati (Morozov), Valentino, Molteni

SUPER ARDIT CELA!!!!!

My 31y/o Kosovo international was the hero here as he doubled his tally for the season to win us the Europa League and complete the treble. We fell behind immediately but Cela popped up with 2 headers from corners to win us the cup! He has been largely unheralded this season but he has actually been playing out of position at CB as he is also a class CM but I have more options there.

--

SUMMARY

Bar the atrocious SPAL result this was a great end to the season for us. We won the title on the final day of the season by beating 9 man Verona but the highlight of the month was the amazing 6-0 derby day victory over AC Milan. Despite the SPAL result we were always likely to win the league but if we lost to Verona things would have turned ugly.

In the Europa League we beat Sevilla 2-0 to reach the final where we played Roma and despite falling behind early doors we managed to win it thanks to 2 goals from Ardit Cela who was our unlikely hero!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ARDIT CELA

CELA.png

1617814930319.png

Aristide Guarneri

Guarneri played CB at Inter in 2 spells between 1958-67 and 1969-70 and he was another who played in the back to back successful 2 European Cup finals in the 1960s. He played 271 games and scored 3 goals and along with the European Cup he also picked up 3 Serie A titles and 2 Intercontinental Cups.

--

END OF SEASON POST

Its safe to say that my first year at Inter was a successful one! We won all 3 trophies available to us, Serie A, Coppa Italia and the Europa League - so naturally I am delighted with that! All that despite not having a squad that I am 100% happy with and constantly having to deal with player injuries etc. That being said I didnt use to many players and used a core group of only 26 players and 1 of those was a token sub appearance for a top youth prospect!

In the league we started off slowly as my players were still learning the new style of play for the first 6 games but then we won 7 on the bounce, had a mini blip at Christmas time and then went 16 games unbeaten which included 14 wins and that really propelled us to the title in truth. It was a great title race as 4 teams pulled away fairly early on and then on the final day of the season 3 teams could win it but we had a 2pt advantage and beat 9 man Verona to seal things. Despite an 8-0 win over Salernitana the highlight of the season was our incredible 6-0 win over AC Milan towards the end of the season.

The Coppa Italia was a stroll in the end. Lazio had a good season but we easily beat them in the semis and 2 goals from my backup striker, Carotenuto, edged out AC Milan in the final so that was my first trophy as Inter manager.

My main aim for the season however was to win the Europa League and we duly won that but it wasnt as easy as I would have liked. The group stage was a doddle but thenn we narrowly edged out Villarreal before we came up against Liverpool. After losing 2-1 away we trounced them 5-3 at home in a thrilling encounter and after that we beat Sevilla 3-1 on aggregate in the semis. That set us up with a final tie against Roma who we hadnt beaten all season but 2 goals from Ardit Cela won us the trophy.

We go into the summer £110m in debt, about to fail FFP regulations, but need to strengthen the side to win the Champions League next season and while I dont think that we are too far off some improvements are needed.

A busy summer is in the offing!!!

--

SERIE A

FINAL.png

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - Jean-Charles Njoh was my number 1 and he impressed me. I must admit that I did tout his services when I arrived but he won me over and unless I can find a standout keeper for much cheapness then he will stay. Kouloukidis came in for £17.5m and he was my cup keeper although I was a bit of a **** and dropped him in the finals and semis etc.

Defenders - I was happy with my defence all season tbh. Victor was my RB and is underrated in my opinion while Morgan is his backup. On the left we had Kone who was really good and his backup, Mercier, also played really well and got plenty of game time. At CB my backups barely had a look in as Cela and Marcelo Jose were immense. Cela scored both of our goals in the Europa League final and despite being played slightly out of position he was an integral part of my side. Marcelo Jose however was a class apart. In one month alone he won his 3 MOM awards and all season he was a standout player and was our player of the season in all fairness.

Limoeiro and Kela are decent players but tbh they hardly played and offered very little.

Midfielders - I paid £54m for Macaluso and tbh he really disappointed me. He is still young and has all the right attributes but I expected much more but by no means was he terrible. I think I expected more than what I got tbh. Alongside him Pavone was decent and he is also a top notch CM while Morozov was the backup and he impressed and scored a few free-kicks along the way. Lasalandra is even now just 17y/o despite having a full season and while he only featured sporadically he is definitely one for the future.

Ewann Auvray was my RW and although I dont normally play players over 30 he really had a good season as 17 goals and 11 assists show. He was one of our top performers this season and although it is against my nature to play a player who will be 32 soon he has been quality although he did miss a chunk of the season through injury. Mendes was meant to be his backup but I soon realised he wasnt for me!

On the LW I brought in Piero Valentino for £53m and he had a decent season as he played on both wings tbh as he covered on the RW when Auvray was injured and that gave Norberto Piedra a run in the side and he was immense. I had him at Celtic and made him my first signing and despite being a backup player for most of the season he scored 20 goals and also scored 9 in the Europa League alone! He really is a star in the making and he is one of my favourite players in the squad.

At AMC I have Domingo and he won me over as I wasnt sure about him when I came to the club. He grabbed 11 goals and 14 assists and while he his no means a world beater he is a top player.

My backup attacking midfielders all made appearances but little impression although I think I should have given Donati more of a chance considering he is valued at nearly £50m!!!! He will certainly get more chances next season.

Forwards - Federico Molteni was my main man as he scored 36 goals in just 44 appearances. This was his 1st season as a regular starter and he repaid me in kind. He almost singlehandedly won us the Coppa Italia with 8 goals (although he didnt feature in the final) and he is establishing himself as a top Italian player. I brought in Carotenuto as backup and he disappointed me. Yes he scored both goals against AC Milan in the Coppa Italia final win but other than that he contributed very little.

Guerriero and Papa had fleeting performances but that was it.

My Player of the Season
- Marcelo Jose
My Young Player of the Season - Norberto Piedra
Must Do Better - Francesco Macaluso
Donkey of the Season - Franco Carotenuto

--

SUMMER PLANS

I plan to sell a shedload of players and bring in just a few quality ones. 2 are already agreed and the young Brazilian wonderkid can play for us next season so already I have 3 new players but the clubs finances need to be sorted first and foremost!!!!​

1617824532293.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA Nations League Semi-Final
germany.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray (R.Byrne), F.Munro, J.Byrne, Crawford (Mitchell), D.Kerr (Maclean), McKenzie

We were well beaten here. 2 of my Broussia Dortmund players (now over 30y/o eek!!!! - they were regens) scored the goals and they easily could have scored 5 or 6. Stephen Mitchell of Wolfsburg made his debut and that was the only positive tbh. Disappointed to get beat but even getting to this stage was an achievement.

--

UEFA Nations League 3rd Place Play-Off
spain.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray, F.Munro, J.Byrne (McLaughlin), Crawford, D.Kerr, McKenzie

Oh well. 4th place it is. For some reason the game wouldnt let me make my other 2 substitutions which was mildly annoying and more annoying than the end result in truth.

--

Friendly
venezuela.png

Lineup
- Smart (Ritchie), Hill, Gebbie, Farquhar, MacDonald, Gray (R.Byrne), F.Munro (Lee), J.Byrne, Crawford, D.Kerr*, McMahon

Billy McMahon returned from the squad from injury here and duly scored having gone 6 matches without a goal for us but in the end it was David Kerr who was the star man as he scored a hat-trick. Craig Ritchie of Leeds got his 1st cap having been 3rd choice keeper for a long while so I thought I should reward him.

1617904999351.png

Armando Picchi

Picchi played in both European Cup finals in the 60s and played as sweeper and was the captain. He had 7 years at Inter between 1960-67 and he made 206 apps and scored just the 1 goal. Alongside the 2 European Cups and Intercontinental Cups he collected 3 Serie A titles.

--

PRE-SEASON POST/AUGUST

So this was a summer where I had to strengthen the squad to have a proper go at the Champions League but also at the same time get the club back to some kind of financial security after ending the season with debts of over £100m! The latter part has been achieved, mainly down to sponsorships and season ticket sales etc but also because I have sold £242m worth of players and spent just £110m.

There was also a takeover attempt during the summer which fell through but the chairman still wants to sell the club so we havent heard the last of this methinks.

Now before I go into the transfers. My no.1 target for the summer was Daler Hojiev of Celtic but he was not at all interested in talking to me which I thought was ridiculous. However having checked the European club rankings they are ranked 3rd in the world while we are much lower so no wonder!!!!! Incredible. Now obviously I started and lifted Celtic right up there but since I left, despite selling nearly all of my star players that I had, they have reached the semis of the Champions League. So maybe me winning the Champions League with them wasnt as unexpected than I thought - plus I had a far stronger team then.

--

PLAYERS OUT

So many, but I will just go through the big ones.

The biggest sale was that of Franco Carotenuto. I sold him to Man Utd for £42.5m which doubled our money which is quite impressive considering he contributed very little and had a bit of an attitude problem although he will be remembered for scoring both goals in our Coppa Italia win against AC Milan.

My Brazilian RB, Victor, joined Barcelona for £34m because I had found a better RB. However my target rejected a permanent move to us to join Roma on loan so it was back to the drawing board and I was left in a dodgy position. Victor did well for me but was one of the weaker links in my first XI.

Bruno Rafael and Joep Van Den Bosch were out on loan last season but this time I got shot of them permanently with Rafael joining Chelsea for £31m and Van Den Bosch signing for Arsenal for £29.5m. I was clinging onto the hope of selling them for decent money to help with our finances! Also out on loan was Salomonsson, Son and Franzs and those 3 brought in over £30m so basically my on loan players cleared our debts!!!!

Yarden Keha left to join Hoffenheim for £23m and my other backup CB, Limoeiro, signed for Paris Saint-Germain for £20m and that represented good value for us as they barely played and that also went for Andrea Papa who went off to China for £18.25m!! All of my other sales were that of youngsters or randoms that were out on loan etc.

--

PLAYERS IN

Like with the departures I will only show you the main ones which I will be operating for the first team. I did sign a few decent youngsters for the U18s and U20s but I wont be getting to see them play for Inter I hope so there is no point in going into detail on them.

I had 2 deals pre-arranged and one is a biggie so I will start off with him. It is a homecoming for the great Angelo Marinaccio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I signed him on a pre-contract from Real Madrid who when I was in charge he scored 55 goals for me but he is 32y/o now and has hardly played for Real in recent seasons but as a backup striker there is none better. I dont expect miracles from him but he will push Molteni hard for the shirt and thats all I can ask for.
marinaccio.png

My most expensive signing was that of my new RB and for him I raided my beloved Newcastle United to sign Guilherme Pinto for £60m. My original target cost £25m less but he rejected us so I had to scramble about for another one that was an EU national and I plumped for this Portuguese kid who looks like a top player.
pinto.png

I had to strengthen my CBs after selling Limoeiro and Keha so I splashed out £30m on Alessandro Parisi from Atalanta. He is Italian so that is a bonus and while he wont be first choice, with Cela getting on a bit he may play more often than I think. That being said I did sign him as an important player so I expect that to blow up in time. I also paid £11m for Tobias Gram from FC Kobenhavn. He is extremely quick and looks decent enough so I took a chance with him but money was running out tbh and for the price he looks a bargain.
parisi.png
gram.png

Finally I shelled out £5.5m to Romanian side UTA Arad (never heard of them) to bring in a wonderkid AMC. George Trandu is his name and considering as I write this the game date is his 19th birthday he is definitely one for just now but also a world class player for the future. He is the type of player that could be bought for that sort of fee that I will have to rely on when I go to manage Red Star Belgrade or Steaua Bucharest.
trandu.png

--

SQUAD

So the first XI stays the same except I have a new RB but in Trandu, Parisi and especially Marinaccio I have certainly upgraded my backup players which could make a big difference. I had quite a young squad anyway so they have had another year of development behind them and I certainly think we can take it to the big boys with a fair wind behind us.

Also in my squad is Anderson Luiz Ferro who I signed last season and loaned him out because I couldnt register another non-EU player. The Brazilian wonderkid came in for £1.5m and he has certainly developed and will be one of my backup CMs this season!
FERRO.png

--

1617908271120.png

Jair

Another who played in both of the 1960s European Cup finals, Jair played RW and scored the only goal in the 1965 final against Benfica. He had 2 spells with Inter between 1962-67 & 1968-72 and in 199 games he scored 53 goals. In all he won 4 Serie A titles alongside the 2 4 continental trophies and he also won the World Cup with Brazil in 1962

AUGUST

Just the 2 matches..........

UEFA European Super Cup
REAL.png

Lineup
- Njoh, Pinto, Marcelo Jose, Cela, Mercier, Macaluso (Parisi), Pavone, Auvray, Domingo (Trandu), Valentino, Marinaccio*

WELCOME BACK ANGELO MARINACCIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a match this was!!! Angelo Marinaccio made his 2nd debut for the club and scored all 5 goals against his old club as we just edged out Real Madrid in this 9 goal thriller. He grabbed a hat-trick in the first half but then his former strike partner, Dante, replied in the 2nd half with a hat-trick himself and then they went 4-3 up and I was raging but Marinaccio popped up with 2 goals in as many minutes late on to win us the trophy.

This is the first time in this save that I have won this competition although having said that I have only been in it twice!

--

milan.png

Lineup - Njoh, Pinto (Morgan), Marcelo Jose, Cela, Kone, Macaluso, Pavone, Valentino (Guerriero), Domingo (Trandu), Piedra*, Marinaccio

WOW!!!!

The fixture computer threw up the Milan derby on the opening day of the season and it was a perfect day for us as we thrashed our bitter rivals. Norberto Piedra grabbed 4 goals in a wonderful individual performance and Marinaccio popped up with the other. Valentino had an early goal disallowed so it could have been more. A perfect start to the season.