The UEFA Champions League Challenge

1613060413983.png

Westfalenstadion

PRE-SEASON POST

So I head into the 2025-26 season with a mini challenge within a challenge. Take a semi decent side, be given an initial £300m and win the Champions League!!!! That is the goal this season and after spending £346m (I have around £50m left in the kitty lol) on 16 players and with a month left in the window we are certainly going to give it a right good go!!!!

I had 3 players lined up before the summer began and basically I needed another keeper, 2 right backs, 1 CB, maybe 1 LB, 4 CMs, 1 AMC, 2 RW and 1 LW!!!!!!

I better get on with showing you who now wears the Borussia Dortmund shirt but dont worry I wont go through each and every one lol.

--

PLAYERS OUT
OUT.png

As you can see I sold most of my wingers!!!! I wasnt a fan of any of them tbh so they all had to go in all honesty and I feel like I got decent fees. That certainly was the case for Daniel Atanga who joined Hoffenheim for up to nearly £30m. He is a wonderkid striker with an attribute of 6 for shooting so while I wasnt forcing him out the door I certainly wasnt going to reject silly money.

One deal that almost happened was Youssouph Badji to Real Madrid. They offered me £90m - I wanted £20m more but they baulked at that.

--

PLAYERS IN
IN.png

Not much lol!!!!

The 2 standouts are obviously me being reunited with Vagnoman and Adeyemi of Hamburg. I wanted to bring in more German players in and they are 2 of the best around. Vagnoman was done before last season finished and £46m for him is a decent price and if he plays like he did for me at Hamburg then I will be delighted. As for Adeyemi I have actually brought him in as my new RW so I dont expect to see another 35 goal season from him. He is a wonderful player and at £75m the price was good.
vagnoman.png

adeyemi.png

I paid £74m for Francisco Conceicao from Man City. He will be my LW although he prefers to play on the right in truth. At 22y/o he is already a fantastic player and can still improve so I expect big things!!
conceicao.png

The one deal I overpaid for was that of Michael Kostka from Leipzig for £46m. He will be my backup RB and although he is a German wonderkid I probably paid £20m more than I should have! He better pull up trees when given a chance lol.
kostka.png

If I overpaid for Kostka I got a bargain when I got Yacine Adli from Bordeaux for just £35m. I cant wait to see how he fits in and he is my type of player as he is a quick, tricky player who is technically excellent. I think he will be a dream for us given how we play and I expect him to dictate the play of matches. Surely an international call up isnt far away!
adli.png

Arne Meier was another signing lined up before the end of last season from Hertha Berlin for £28m. I wanted German players and needed CMs so in he came!
maeir.png

Maier wont be first choice though as the 3rd and final player that I had already lined up going into the summer will be instead. Edmilson is a Brazilian wonderkid who I had on my shortlist at Hamburg but I brought in Asencio instead. He looks like a world class player just now at the age of 20 so god knows what he will be like in his prime. A midfield pairing of Edmilson and Adli is mouthwatering to me!!!
edmilson.png

Felix Gebhardt joined from Basel for £11.25m and he will challenge for the GK spot. He is just as good as Biljow so it will be an interesting battle.
gebhardt.png

The last one for my first team and the last one I will show you is my new backup RW. Another regen, Gennady Afanasjev came in from Lokomotiv Moscow for a bargain £7.5m. The 19y/o Georgian is a future world class player and will be my backup RW.
afanasjev.png

--

SQUAD

So there you have it!!! I have been busy. I am delighted with my incomings and with my squad in general. A new LB is something I am working on but at the minute it doesnt look likely despite having £50m available. I certainly believe that if my new signings click into place immediately then we can conquer all before us. A first XI of Biljow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi, Reyna, Conceicao, Badji is so exciting with loads of pace and technically gifted players.

I should also show you 2 players who were out on loan from my U19s who I have drafted into the first team picture who look pretty incredible..........
guner.png
mauersberger.png

Last edited:
1613072534809.png

Matthias Sammer

Captain of the 1997 Champions League winning side, Sammer was at his peak in 1997 and won the European Footballer of the Year award in 1996, becoming the first defender to do so. Signed from Inter Milan, Sammer was capped by both East and West Germany and he made 115 apps and scored 21 goals for Dortmund as a sweeper. Alongside the Champions League with Dortmund he won 2 Supercups and 2 Bundesligas.

--

AUGUST

DFB-Pokal 1st Round
koln.png

Lineup
- Gebhardt, Kostka (Laaksonen), Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier, Stamenic, Afanasjev, Mauersberger*, Richarlison, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

Despite all my big money spending in the summer I went with my backups here and gave debuts to Gebhardt, Kostka, Emre Guner, Maier, Afanasjev and Mauersberger. It was Mauersberger who shone the brightest with his 2 goals while Afanasjev also had a good game.

--

stuttgart.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli (Maier), Adeyemi, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao*, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

We kick off our Bundesliga campaign with a decent away victory. Vagnoman, Edmilsom, Adli, Adeyemi and Conceicao made their debuts and I was delighted to see Adeyemi get a goal from the RW and Conceicao get the MOM award. We were missing a couple of players too so it is a good win. Adli had a shocker though.

--

paderborn.png

Lineup
- Gebhardt, Vagnoman (Kostka), Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Maier), Adli (Stamenic), Conceicao, Mauersberger*, Richarlison, Khoza

Very nice. My players were dropping like flies before the match with illness and injury but we put in a superb performance and were 5up after 32min. Mauersberger was excellent and the goals were shared around. My injury problems worsened however as Edmilson picked up an injury.

--

bayern.png

Lineup - Karius, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins (Morales), Maier, Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger, Conceicao (Richarlison), Badji

We were well beaten here and it could have been 5 or 6. They missed a penalty, had a goal disallowed and basically peppered our goal throughout. That being said I cannot judge this as to where we are as a team as I was without several players still and I even had to sign Loris Karius in midweek because Gebhardt got injured but to give him his due he did save the penalty.

--

SUMMARY

Not a bad start to the season but it was laden with injury problems. We won our DFB-Pokal tie easily enough with my backups and then in league action we beat Stuttgart 3-1 and then pumped Paderborn 5-0 in a great performance. However the growing optimism was dented slightly when we lost to Bayern Munich. That was a tough match however we didnt deserve to take anything from the match so I can have no complaints.

In that match my final summer signing made his debut and it was a surprising one! In the space of a week both of my goalkeepers got injured and with no prospect to be seen in sight in the youth ranks or reserve side I moved to bring in Loris Karius on loan from Zenit St.Petersburg until the end of the season. In his screenshot it says he has played in the DFB-Pokal when he hasnt. I have been noticing several errors like this in this years game unfortunately.
karius.png

In the Champions League we were seeded 3rd for the draw but we avoided the groups of death thankfully and while by no means do we have an easy group it is certainly a group where we should be confident of qualifying alongside Spurs, PSV and the horrid side Rangers lol.
1613073452954.png
1613073471561.png
1613073495447.png
1613073519314.png

Unsurprisingly by the end of the transfer window we were the club who had spent the most money in Europe although PSG ran us close!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN MAUERSBERGER
mauersberger.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
AUG.png

1613198815843.png

Karl-Heinz Riedle

Signed from Lazio, Riedle spent 4 years with Dortmund which culminated in him scoring 2 goals in the Champions League final. Also he collected 2 league titles and 2 Supercups. He only scored 24 goals in 87 appearances for Dortmund but was much more lethal for Germany with 16 goals in 42 caps.

--

SEPTEMBER

schalke.png

Lineup - Karius, Vagnoman*, Diakite, Zagadou (Romero), Collins, Edmilson, Adli (Stamenic), Adeyemi, Mauersberger, Conceicao, Badji (Khoza)

Schalke are our fiercest rivals but we managed to beat them here thanks to 2 thunderbolts from Adeyemi and Mauersberger. The goals came late on but were no less than what we deserved.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
spurs.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Vagnoman (Kostka), Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Maier, Adli (Stamenic), Adeyemi, Mauersberger (Waldschmidt), Conceicao, Badji

While it looks like I should be annoyed at conceding a late equaliser against 10 men in actual fact we were also down to 10 men as Collins went off injured after I had made my subs. Their striker, Geraldo, was on my shortlist at Hamburg when he was still in Brazil but he moved onto bigger and better things when I was unemployed it seems.

--

bayer.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Vagnoman (Kostka), Diakite, Zagadou, Morales, Maier (Stamenic), Adli, Adeyemi*, Mauersberger (Reyna), Conceicao, Badji

A brilliant result this as we go to one of the challengers for the title and turn them over in their own back yard. Adeyemi struck twice while Conceicao scored the late goal to seal it.

--

hertha.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Morales (Kostka), Maier, Adli, Adeyemi*, Mauersberger (Reyna), Conceicao (Richarlison), Badji

A wonderful performance and result. Any fears I had of Adeyemi struggling to score from the RW has quickly been shattered as he netted a hat-trick here. Reyna scored with a powerful effort from distance while Badji also had a late goal disallowed.

--

frankfurt.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Morales, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger (Reyna), Conceicao (Richarlison), Badji*

The goals are flying in just now with another 4 here and first goals for the club for Vagnoman, Edmilson and Adli. Edmilson's goal was the highlight as he powered in a strong shot from 25 yards.

--

rangers.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Kostka (Laaksonen), Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier, Stamenic, Afanasjev*, Mauersberger (Reyna), Richarlison, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

I went with my backups here and they did me proud. Afanasjev scored the opener for us with his first goal for the club and although we were pegged back Khoza won a penalty which was duly put away by Richarlison.

--

SUMMARY

We had fun this month with goals being scored aplenty! I am delighted that after losing to Bayern last month we regrouped and just swotted away our opponents in all 4 league games and the result of that is a place on top of the league! We had some tough matches too with the derby against Schalke plus fixtures against Bayer Leverkusen away and Hertha Berlin at home.

We have started off fairly solidly in the Champions League too. After a draw with Spurs my backup side defeated Rangers away and ourselves and PSV lead the way with 4pts but it is early doors still.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KARIM ADEYEMI
ADEYEMI.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
SEP.png

1613201390617.png

Lars Ricken

Scorer of the famous 3rd goal with his first touch after coming off the bench in the 1997 UEFA Champions League final, Ricken spent his entire career with Dortmund (1993-2007) and over a 14 year spell he made 301 apps and scored 49 goals. Winner of 3 Bundesligas, 2 Supercups, an Intercontinental Cup and of course the Champions League, Ricken made 16 apps for Germany and scored one goal while in this save he is currently my head of youth development!

--

OCTOBER

leipzig.png

Lineup -
Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite (Romero), Zagadou, Morales, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Reyna, Conceicao*, Badji (Khoza)

We are killing it at the moment in the league!!! Another 4 league goals with Conceicao scoring 2 fantastic efforts. Afanasjev came off the bench and had a goal disallowed and forced the own goal.

--

freiburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli (Stamenic), Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Reyna (Waldschmidt), Conceicao*, Badji

Another league game and another hiding being dished out. In our last 4 league games we have scored 5,4,4 and 4!!!

--

psv.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Stamenic, Adli, Adeyemi, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao, Badji*

6 goals now!!!! We were terrific with Badji grabbing a hat-trick and Conceicao also continuing his scoring run. We really are playing some terrific football just now.

--

hoffenheim.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman*, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Stamenic), Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao, Badji

The goals dried up a bit here but thats ok as we got revenge for our defeat towards the end of last season. Badji and Conceicao are certainly in a hot-streak just now.

--

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round
4-2.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli*, Adeyemi, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao (Richarlison), Badji (Khoza)

Through we go as we come out on top once again in the Revier Derby. Adli had his first standout performance for the club as he scored 2 goals including a free-kick. Their goal from Naci Unuvar though was an absolute screamer.

--

SUMMARY

We were on fire this month as my new signings have clicked into the formation and how we play and we really blew teams away with our football. In 4 of our 5 games we scored at least 4 goals in them and the likes of Conceicao and Badji have hit top form after slightly slow starts. Heck even Adli is playing brilliantly and that just goes to show how my players are learning about eachother.

It really has been a fun month.

Loving life at Dortmund lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANCISCO CONCEICAO
conceicao.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
OCT.png

1613220502591.png

Andreas Moller

Moller had 2 spells at Dortmund between 1988-90 and 1994-2000. In all he made 228 apps and scored 71 goals while also winning the Champions League, 2 Bundesliga titles, 1 DFB-Pokal, 2 Supercups and an Intercontinental cup. The attacking midfielder was also capped 85 times for Germany, scoring 29 goals.

--

NOVEMBER

dusseldorf.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev (Richarlison), Reyna*, Conceicao, Badji (Khoza)

Dusseldorf are rooted at the bottom of the league but they played better than that as we struggled to beat them here. After going behind we managed to level through Conceicao before Reyna quickly added a 2nd and that proved to be enough.

--

3-0.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou (Romero), Morales, Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Adeyemi, Reyna, Conceicao*, Badji (Khoza)

A comfortable victory with Conceicao scoring yet again!!!! Adeyemi chipped in with 2 goals while Badji got injured and will miss the next couple of weeks.

--

augsburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman (Kostka), Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi (Waldschmidt), Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao*, Khoza

We were back in amongst the goals here and Conceicao just cant stop scoring as he notched another 2 here. It was nice to see my Portuguese wonderkid, Khoza, take his chance and get a goal.

--

mgb.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman (Kostka), Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi, Reyna, Conceicao (Mauersberger*), Khoza (Laaksonen)

We werent at the races in the first half and we were deservedly behind but my team responded in the 2nd half and scored 3 goals. Conceicao (who else? lol) levelled, Adli tucked away a penalty and Mauersberger finished them off.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Stamenic), Maier, Afanasjev, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

Amazingly in our last 10 matches Conceicao has scored in 9 of them as he put us ahead here. We got a lucky 2nd and although they pulled a goal back we werent in any real danger and this win secures qualification for the next round.

--

koln.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli*, Adeyemi, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza (Badji)

I didnt see this result coming! When Conceicao put us ahead I just thought that normal service had resumed but we were sloppy at the back and conceded 3 goals. We should have won this match but we need to learn this lesson. This defeat means that our winning streak in the league ends at 10 matches.

--

SUMMARY

Up until our final match of the month it was another great month as we continue to sweep aside all of our opponents but lowly FC Koln defeated us 3-2 which leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. We did have a 7pt lead at the top of the Bundesliga but it is now down to 4pts.

I have to say that the football we are playing is mouth watering. It helps that we have a winger in Francisco Conceicao who seems to score in every match he plays but I honestly believe that my signings have improved us so much that we are one of the top sides in Europe.

The Koln match may prove otherwise though lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANCISCO CONCEICAO
FC.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
NOV.png

1613228923852.png

Paul Lambert

The surprise member of the Champions League winning side. Lambert only had 1 season with Dortmund but it saw him play 44 times, score 1 goal and win the Champions League. He was signed from Motherwell but left to join Celtic and was the sitting midfielder. He had a similar appearance record for Scotland having won 40 caps and scoring 1 goal.

--

DECEMBER

berlin.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman (Kostka), Romero, Zagadou*, Collins, Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Afanasjev, Reyna (Mauersberger), Conceicao, Khoza

We bounce back with a fine win but the question is despite us scoring 4 goals - where is the goal from Conceicao????

--

wolfsburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou (Emre Guner), Morales, Maier, Adli, Adeyemi*, Reyna, Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza

Conceicao was back in amongst the goals but so was Adeyemi who scored a hat-trick while Khoza continues his run of goalscoring form by netting again. Badji is close to returning however so he needs to keep it up.

--

huns.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Kostka, Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier* (Waldschmidt), Stamenic, Afanasjev (Laaksonen), Mauersberger, Richarlison, Khoza (Badji)

This was a dead rubber match in theory but I hate Rangers so it was imperative that my backups were professional and won the game and win the game they did with goals from Maier and Afanasjev. Richarlison put a penalty wide too. Badji came off the bench and picked up a knock and he will be out for a while longer but the winter break will mean he wont miss much action.

--

hamburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Stamenic (Mauersberger), Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Reyna, Conceicao*, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

Victory against my former side means we reach the halfway point of the season and the winter break. We raced into a 3 goal lead but then went easy on Hamburg and just played the game out.

--

SUMMARY

2025 is over and we are looking good. We still have our 4pt advantage at the top of the table, we are still rattling in the goals and we are still playing free flowing attacking football while dominating posession.

There is just over a month before our next match so I have money to spend (just under £60m) but tbh I cant see an area where I would like to make a change as my players are playing so well. Sure individually there are better players for certain positions but I am so happy with the way how my squad is at the moment.

In the Champions League we have been given a very nice tie against Celtic so I expect us to get into the quarter-finals without any fuss.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YACINE ADLI
adli.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
DEC.png

1613236328482.png

Paulo Sousa

Like Lambert, Sousa only had 1 season with Dortmund as he won the Champions League. He was signed from Juventus and made 27 apps, and scored 1 goal for Dortmund and the defensive midfielder was a class act. He was part of Portugal's "golden generation" and he won 52 caps for them without scoring.

--

JANUARY

stuttgart.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger (Waldschmidt), Conceicao*, Khoza

We come back from the winter break with a fine victory and Conceicao picked up where he left off by scoring twice. Afanasjev got a rare start and impressed again - he really looks like a top quality player.

--

paderborn.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka (Romero), Diakite, Zagadou*, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger (Ogawa), Conceicao, Khoza

Another 4 goals. We dominated here as Khoza and Afanasjev continue to impress!!! Zagadou keeps on chipping in with goals which is a bonus too.

--

bayern.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka*, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins (Morales), Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Adeyemi, Mauersberger, Conceicao, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

What a massive win this is as we go 7pts clear of Bayern Munich at the top of the table. It was an even match and they had a goal disallowed and it looked like petering out into a draw but we were given a penalty deep into stoppage time and thankfully Waldschmidt converted it with the last kick of the game.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 3 games this month as we eased ourself back after the winter break. We won all 3 matches with the victory over Bayern Munich thanks to a stoppage time Waldschmidt penalty being the highlight. We are in pole position for the league title now but obviously that is not our priority......

Now for the huge news and you might think that I have lost the plot but I have actually ended the month with a weaker squad than I started with as I sold two first choice players for ridiculously high prices. Firstly Man City and Liverpool started bidding for Youssouph Badji and when City bid £115m I jokingly asked for £150m and they duly stumped up the cash I had to accept. Given that he hasnt hit top form really, Khoza has been doing well while Adeyemi and Waldschmidt are also in the squad I thought it wouldnt be such a big deal.

Then Hertha Berlin bid £88m for Giovanni Reyna. Once again I rejected the offer and when they returned with another bid again I said £150m as a joke but amazingly they agreed to it. Reyna hasnt been amazing this season and when I compared him to Mauersberger he was actually the weaker player so he is off too!!!!

Laaksonen has also been loaned out.

I have brought 2 players in though in their place to bulk up the first team squad a bit. Firstly I brought in Shota Ogawa from Freiburg for a bargain £1.5m. I have been looking at him for a few years now and his contract was due to expire so I snapped him up and then when the Reyna situation transpired I paid the minimal fee to bring him over now.
ogawa.png

I then paid £4.5m to bring in a young Polish striker by the name of Patryk Witek. He joined from Legia Warsaw and will be a backup striker for us and hopefully a decent prospect for the future.
wittek.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAN-AXEL ZAGADOU
ZAGADOU.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
JAN.png

1613287953076.png

Stephane Chapuisat

Chapuisat was a striker who spent 8 years with Dortmund (1991-99) and picked up 2 Bundesliga titles, 2 Supercups, 1 Intercontinental cup and of course the Champions League in his time with the club. He scored 102 goals in 218 appearances for Dortmund while internationally he represented Switzerland where he scored 21 goals in 103 games.

--

FEBRUARY

DFB-Pokal 3rd Round
bochum.png

Lineup
- Gebhardt, Kostka, Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier (Mauersberger), Stamenic, Afanasjev*, Ogawa (Nava), Richarlison, Waldschmidt (Witek)

The first half was a nightmare for us despite them going down to 10 men. We were a goal behind and they also had a goal disallowed. We were bette rin the 2nd half though and levelled through an Afanasjev free-kick which took the game into extra-time. Witek came off the bench to score a debut goal and Stamenic got the 3rd to send us through.

--

schalke.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero, Zagadou (Emre Guner), Collins, Maier (Stamenic), Adli, Adeyemi*, Mauersberger (Waldschmidt), Conceicao, Khoza

Our 3rd derby victory of the season here as Khoza and Adeyemi collected the goals for us. Adeyemi also had a goal disallowed.

--

bayer.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Maier (Stamenic), Adli, Adeyemi, Mauersberger (Waldschmidt), Conceicao, Khoza (Witek)

Amazingly this is our first draw in the league this season. Leverkusen were joint 2nd going into this game so it was important for us not to lose so I am content with the draw.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
celtic.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Diakite, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Maier (Nava), Adli*, Adeyemi, Mauersberger, Conceicao, Khoza

This result should be good enough to take us through into the quarter-finals. We could have scored far more but their keeper kept saving our efforts!!! Adli was the creative spark here as he assisted 2 goals.

--

hertha.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero (Emre Guner), Zagadou, Collins, Maier, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger, Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza (Witek)

Our 2nd defeat in the league this season and by far and away our worst performance. We were without Kostka, Vagnoman, Edmilson, Adeyemi and Nava due to injury so that obviously doesnt help but I expect us to at least be a threat in games and we werent here.

--

frankfurt.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero, Zagadou, Collins*, Maier (Edmilson), Adli, Adeyemi, Mauersberger (Ogawa), Conceicao, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

Another horror result although at least the performance was better. We battered Frankfurt here but just couldnt convert our chances and were made to pay as we conceded a counter-attack goal. Yes we didnt lose but a home match against a relegation threatened side is not one where we should be slipping up in.

--

SUMMARY

This month was awful. We struggled so badly and have seen our lead in the table go from 7pts to zero as we failed to win our last 3 league matches. We are struggling to score goals which is a big worry considering we were battering them in earlier in the season but I suppose we have been suffering with injuries so that may explain it.

It wasnt all bad I suppose as we did progress in the DFB-Pokal and also beat Celtic 3-1 away in the Champions League but if we dont rediscover our top form soon I have fears for the rest of the season.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KARIM ADEYEMI
frankfurt.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
FEB.png

1613293356208.png

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Manager of Dortmund when they won the Champions League, Hitzfeld was in charge for Dortmund for 6 seasons between 1991-97 and won the 2 Bundesliga titles and 2 Supercups while in charge.

--

MARCH

DFB-Pokal Quarter-Final
augsburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Maier, Adli (Edmilson), Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger*, Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza

Now thats far better!!! We were back to our best here as we scored 3 in the first half and added a 4th late on. Conceicao got injured though and will be out for a few weeks which I needed like a hole in the head.

--

leipzig.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Diakite, Romero*, Zagadou (Kostka), Collins, Maier, Adli (Edmilson), Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger, Richarlison, Khoza

We get back to winning ways here with 2 early goals from Khoza and Richarlison. It was a much better performance here but another injury occurred when Adeyemi went off but it isnt serious thankfully.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
2-1.png

Lineup - Gebhardt*, Kostka, Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier (Nava), Stamenic, Afanasjev, Ogawa, Richarlison (Witek), Waldschmidt

With a 3-1 win from the away leg I trusted my backup players here as I didnt want to risk any more of my first team players to go down with an injury. In the end we won easily enough and seal our place in the next round.

--

freiburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka (Vagnoman), Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Stamenic), Adli*, Afanasjev, Mauersberger (Ogawa), Richarlison, Khoza

A good performance and result as we score 4 goals in the league for the first time in a while! Khoza grabbed a brace while Afanasjev and RIcharlison got the others. I have been really impressed with Afanasjev this season so far.

--

hoffenheim.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka (Vagnoman), Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger, Richarlison (Conceicao), Khoza (Adeyemi)

A draw is not bad here although I am a bit annoyed as Conceicao had a goal disallowed just before they equalised. Bayern have drawn there last 2 league games so us slipping up here isnt too bad.

--

SUMMARY

We were back on it this month as our form picked up after our horror show last month. In the league we have a 2pt advantage at the top after Bayern slipped up a couple of times while we won twice and drew once. There are 7 games left to go in the Bundesliga so it is going to be going down to the wire.

Bayern Munich will be our opponents in the DFB-Pokal semis so that will be tough while in the Champions League we have been given a favourable draw against Bayer Leverkusen so I am confident that we can overcome them to reach the semis.

As for the youth intake there was one player who was a standout - a 16y/o Australian centre back but in Germany you cant play until you turn 18 I think which is crazy.

Hamburg sacked Jorge Jesus and appointed PSV manager Ruben Abnorim as his replacement so the PSV job is up for grabs as is the Steaua Bucharest posiition but obviously I am not interested in them at the moment.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MORNE KHOZA
KHOZA.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
march.png

Good going with Dortmund mate how you finding hopping clubs? Never been able to do it myself

1613299963836.png

Jurgen Kohler

Kohler was a centre half who played for Dortmund between 1995-2002. He made 191 appearances and scored 14 goals and won the same bunch of trophies that most of the side went on to win while at the club. For Germany he was capped 105 times and scored twice.

--

APRIL

dusseldorf.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Kostka, Romero, Zagadou (Emre Guner), Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger, Conceicao*, Khoza (Waldschmidt)

We were excellent here as we thrashed the bottom side by 6 goals. There were some belting goals scored too as Conceicao's 2nd and Edmilson's were beauties. Afanasjev came off the bench to net twice as he continues to make a name for himself.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
2-2.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Kostka, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Adeyemi, Mauersberger (Ogawa), Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza

This was an entertaining match. It finished 2-2 with both sides having a goal disallowed (Conceicao for us) and so I am quite happy with the result as it means we have 2 away goals and I have to be confident of seeing them off at home.

--

3-2.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Mauersberger (Ogawa), Conceicao, Khoza*

We werent at it for a while here but thankfully Khoza was on top form as he bagged a hat-trick to give us a crucial victory. He has now scored in each of our last 5 league games!! This win secures our place in next seasons Champions League and we have an initial transfer budget of £385m!!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
3-1.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou (Kostka), Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Adeyemi, Mauersberger, Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza*

Through we go into the semis with a fine performance here. Adli opened the scoring from outside of the area and Khoza doubled our lead just after the break. Adeyemi was then played through one on one from the halfway line and it was game over.

--

mgb.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Maier (Nava), Adeyemi (Afanasjev), Ogawa, Conceicao (Richarlison), Khoza

We were terrible here and never looked like getting anything from the match. I made a decision before the game to rest a couple of players with the cup game coming up in mind and that backfired completely. Atrocius.

--

DFB-Pokal Semi-FInal
bayern.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou (Romero), Collins (Kostka), Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger, Conceicao, Adeyemi (Waldschmidt)

Out of the cup we go and it goes down to a pathetic first half performance as we conceded 3 goals and were all but out of it. When Conceicao pulled 2 goals back I wondered if the comeback was on but they scored a 4th and it was game over.

We were rocked before the game with an injury to Marne Khoza and he is out for around a month so his season could be over.

--

koln.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Kostka, Diakite, Zafadou, Collins (Morelos), Maier, Stamenic (Nava), Afanasjev*, Ogawa (Witek), Richarlison, Waldschmidt

We get revenge on Koln who defeated us earlier in the season. I am delighted with this win as I rested several players for our next match and tbh if it means we lose the league but win the Champions League then it will be worth it. As it was we were superb and fully deserved our victory.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
real.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson (Maier), Adli, Afanasjev (Richarlison), Mauersberger (Ogawa), Conceicao, Adeyemi*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We beat Real Madrid (who have a load of English players like Mount, Sancho and Abraham) by 3 goals to one to put us in a great position to reach the final. Adeyemi struck twice and COnceicao got the other but I must admit that their away goal is a big worry. It could have been better as Afanasjev had an effort ruled out.

--

SUMMARY

We had a strong April largely although there were 2 very poor performances thrown in. In the Bundesliga we destroyed Dusseldorf and defeated Augsburg before not turning up against Borussia Monchengladbach and we were well beaten there before we bounced back with a victory over Koln. That leaves us with 3 games to play 3pts ahead at the top of the table so we are looking good for the title.

In the DFB-Pokal we chucked it in the first half as we were 3-0 down to Bayern Munich. We rallied a little but ended up losing 4-2 which means it is the first trophy that I havent won while having a full season with a club!

Despite that we put in a terrific performance against Real Madrid in the Champions League and have a 3-1 advantage to protect as we head into the Bernabeu. It will be a tough match over there but we have to be confident given our advantage.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANCISCO CONCEICAO
CONCEICAO.png

--

BUNDESLIGA
april.png

Good going with Dortmund mate how you finding hopping clubs? Never been able to do it myself

Its different. I prefer a one club save but at the moment this is enjoyable. The youth intakes are largely pointless as I dont intend to be around to utilise them apart from when I rock up at some of the lesser clubs and there are a few other things that I do differently but it is good

1613309636536.png

Stefan Reuter

Reuter played RB in the final for Dortmund and he spent 12 seasons with Dortmund from 1992-2004. He scored 11 goals in 307 appearances and once again won all the usual trophies of the 1997 team although he did win 3 Bundesliga titles with Dortmund. With Germany he earned 69 caps and scored twice.

--

MAY

union.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman (Kostka), Diakite, Zagadou, Morales, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger, Conceicao, Adeyemi*

Adeyemi shone here as he helped himself to 4 goals and assisted the goal for Edmilson in a great individual performance. We are now just 1 win away from winning the Bundesliga title!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
madrid.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Romero, Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli (Maier), Afanasjev (Waldschmidt), Ogawa, Conceicao (Richarlison), Adeyemi*

We reach the Champions League final by preserving our 2 goal advantage on aggregate. Adeyemi was in amongst the goals again as he scored twice and we actually were never really bothered by Real Madrid. We will face Man Utd in the final after they knocked out Spurs so it will be tough.

--

wolfsburg.png

Lineup - Bijlow, Vagnoman (Kostka), Diakite (Emre Guner), Zagadou, Collins, Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev, Mauersberger, Conceicao*, Waldschmidt (Witek)

WE WIN THE BUNDESLIGA TITLE!!!!!!

And in fine style too as we put 4 past Wolfsburg. We went behind but soon levelled and then Wolfsburg collapsed as they gifted us the 2nd goal and then had a man sent-off. They even conceded a penalty but Waldschmidt put it wide. I will now be able to rest my first XI for the Champions League final which is vital.

--

hamburg.png

Lineup - Gebhardt, Kostka, Romero, Emre Guner, Morales, Maier (Nava), Stamenic, Afanasjev, Ogawa, Richarlison, Waldschmidt (Witek)

OUCH!!!!!

I played my backups here and didnt really care about the result I just wanted 1 goal to take us up to 100 league goals but in the end my old side who have been terrible all season absolutely humiliated us by 5 goals to nil.

Embarrassing.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
man utd.png

Lineup
- Bijlow, Vagnoman, Diakite, Zagadou, Collins (Morales), Edmilson, Adli, Afanasjev (Khoza), Mauersberger*, Conceicao, Adeyemi (Richarlison)

WE WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a tight and nervy match but we come out on top but luck was on our side. The first half was very poor and they scored with their only attempt on target so I got my players in at half-time and lambasted them and they duly responded as Mauersberger levelled straight after the break. They then had Barella sent-off and we took control of the game and missed a load of chances but so did they with Rashford going through 1 on 1 but we stole it in stoppage time when Mauersberger crashed in a shot from just inside the area and the trophy is ours.

--

SUMMARY

Its safe to say that this month had its highs and lows!!!! From sealing the title to getting thrashed 5-0 by my former side Hamburg on the last day of the season but ultimately it was the Champions League final that was the highlight as we defeated Man Utd 2-1 thanks to a brace from Mauersberger.

The Hamburg result really bugs me though as we came off the back of a 6-0 win over Union Berlin, drawing 2-2 away to Real Madrid to qualify for the Champions League final and then beating Wolfsburg 4-1 to seal the title but even though I picked a backup side we got humiliated. Alas confidence wasnt an issue in our next match as we fought from a goal down to ****** victory with the last kick of the game to win the Champions League.

I will do a post season post but this time I will resign immediately as that may enable me to get a job quicker as last time I took almost a year out. The World Cup is fast approaching too...............

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN MAUERSBERGER
MAUERSBERGER.png

Cheers - none at all! I just play players in there preferred position and role however I do prefer to sign ball playing centre backs and advanced forwards
Hi,
Is it all of the positions you change the role to the preferred role of the player, and do you also change the mentality of the role if you know what i mean? For example i have Rashford as my left wing and his preferred role in IW(support) but would you use him as a IW on support or attack?

And what is you favorite midfield-partnership in regards of roles? If you had two perfect players what roles would you give them in the midfield? :)

Hi,
Is it all of the positions you change the role to the preferred role of the player, and do you also change the mentality of the role if you know what i mean? For example i have Rashford as my left wing and his preferred role in IW(support) but would you use him as a IW on support or attack?

And what is you favorite midfield-partnership in regards of roles? If you had two perfect players what roles would you give them in the midfield? :)

For Rashford I would use support. The trick is I think is to constantly check it as he might have 4 stars for 3 roles but 1 might drop and 1 might rise to 4 and a half so that one is his favourite.

As for CMs that is a tough one. Brescianini was amazing for me as a BBM yet Adli was immense after a poor start as an APM. So maybe those two but Edmilson played as a mezzala this season!!!

For Rashford I would use support. The trick is I think is to constantly check it as he might have 4 stars for 3 roles but 1 might drop and 1 might rise to 4 and a half so that one is his favourite.

As for CMs that is a tough one. Brescianini was amazing for me as a BBM yet Adli was immense after a poor start as an APM. So maybe those two but Edmilson played as a mezzala this season!!!

Okay, and if a player have for example 4 stars in 3 diffrent roles then I just choose what role I like the best I guess?

Lastly - do you change roles on all the players? Also the defence and goalkeeper? :)

1613321743555.png

END OF SEASON POST

I managed the mini challenge!!! To take a decent side, be given £300m and win them the Champions League. Not only did I do that but I left them with more money than when I had started which I certainly didnt envisage after I spent so much money in the summer!!!!

We won the Bundesliga fairly comfortably but it was our Champions League triumph that was the main focal point and allows me to move onto pastures new. In the league we lost to Bayern on matchday 3 but then tore apart the league for the next few months as we banged in the goals and until February we were flying and had a 7pt lead at the top of the table after beating Bayern.

Unfortunately we crumbled in February and our lead was wiped out but we regrouped and won 4 out of 5 games and apart from a defeat to Borussia MGB we were strong until the end of the season - if you forget about our final day humiliation lol.

In the DFB-Pokal we reached the semis but we met Bayern when we were suffering for form and injuries and we lost 4-2 which was a blow and the domestic double was over and done with.

However in the Champions League we excelled. We didnt lose a single match and only drew 3 throughout the competition. We won our group stage before getting some kind draws with us facing Celtic and Leverkusen but then we faced Real Madrid in the semis but after defeating them 3-1 at home we were almost in the final and saw the job out by drawing 2-2 in the Bernabeu which set up a final against Man Utd and although it wasnt a classic match the moment when Mauersberger scored with the last kick of the ball had me jumping around my kitchen.

In review at the start of the season I was fairly confident that we would show up well as having spent so much I thought that we would dominate. What I didnt expect was to sell 2 key players for £150m each in the January window and still go on to conquer which is some achievement!!!

--

BUNDESLIGA

MAY.png

--

SQUAD

SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - For once I used more than one and in the end I used 3!!!! Biljow was my first choice keeper and he did well but he got injured early on so Gebhardt came in and excelled but then he got injured and I had to bring in Karius on an emergency loan and he played twice.

Defenders - My back 4 did well this season. Vagnoman came in and did well at RB although he didnt score as much as he did for me at Hamburg. Kostka was his backup and did ok while on the left Collins really surprised me and did fantastically well and he has a bright future in front of him. Morales acted as his backup and was solid. In the middle Zagadou was absolutely immense as he scored 6 goals and was just a rock at the back while his partner Diakite did well and even filled in at RB for a number of games. Romero played quite a few games and did well while Emre Guner is a top prospect but he didnt play enough in my eyes which is unfortunate.

Midfielders - I bought a whole new midfield in the summer and by and large they all impressed. Adli was my main signing and although he was awful at the start of the season after a few months the team clicked and he excelled. With 11 goals and 17 assists he can hold his head up high. His partner Edmilson did alright and was solid enough but Maier struggled a bit as main backup while Stamenic fluttered in and out of the side.

The attacking midfield 3 were all magnificent for me. Mauersberger started the season as backup but Reyna got injured and he was on fire at the beginning. Reyna came back in but was sold in January so Mauersberger took control again and the lad who I promoted into the first team in the summer was the man who scored both goals in the Champions League final - he has a bright future ahead of him.

I paid £75m to sign Karim Adeyemi again and although he played up front for me at Hamburg he was stuck on the RW for us and he was amazing and grabbed 29 goals while Conceicao came in for £74m and was my best player. For one period of the season he scored in 9 out of 10 games and although I have never heard of the player before he is on my radar now. In the end he ended up with 27 goals from the LW.

Gennardy Afanasjev was signed in the summer and the Georgian RW really impressed in his appearances and I would like to manage him again. Richarlison was in and out of the side and Ogawa came in in January but he is a signing for the next manager really.

Forwards - Youssouph Badji started the season as first choice striker but he struggled with injuries and left in January to Man City for £150m but he did score 8 goals for us while he was here. Morne Khoza was the main man in the end and he did really well, scoring 22 goals in just 29 starts. The Portuguese striker is still young and could be a world beater.

Lucas Waldschmidt hardly played and hardly scored tbh as 3 of his 5 goals were penalties but he did get a last minute winner against Bayern Munich so he certainly made a valuable contribution. Witek came in on January and is a prospect.

My Player of the Year
- Francisco Conceicao
My Young Player of the Year - Gennardy Afanasjev
Must Improve - Andre Maier
Donkey of the Year - Lucas Waldshmidt

--

SUMMER PLANS

Get a job quick!!! There are 4 future destinations available - Bayern Munich, Juventus, Nottingham Forest and Red Star Belgrade. Now obviously the first 2 are the only ones that I am really interested in so dont expect to see me rocking up in Nottingham or Belgrade anytime soon. Out of the two Juventus would be my preferred option as I have managed in Germany for 5 years now so a change of scenery and a chance to learn a new language would be most welcome!!!!​

1613322560944.png

KRIS STUART TAKES CHARGE OF JUVENTUS!!!!!!!!!

I got what I wanted. Both Bayern Munich and Juventus offered me interviews when I resigned as manager of Dortmund and both in turn offered me the chance to be their manager. Bayern have the better squad I feel but life in Germany was growing rather stale so when Juventus offered me the job I jumped at the chance. I have to admit that Bayern offered me the job first so I saved the game and went ahead to see if I would get the Juventus job. Not really cheating but I think that kinda thing needs to be done on this save after a while.

Juventus of course have a rich tradition in the Champions League having won the competition twice in 1984-85 and 1995-96 but they have come runners-up on numerous occasions. I take charge after Andrea Pirlo got sacked having led the side to 4th place in Serie A last season and I have been given a healthy £200m to improve the squad which currently looks like this....

squad.png
squad2.png

I can see a lot of movement happening during the summer!!!!!!!!!