The UEFA Champions League Challenge

1613898252039.png

1982 European Cup Final - Aston Villa 1-0 Bayern Munich

--

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round

millwall.png

Lineup
- Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez (Lucumi), Saho, Sibley (McGinn), Madueke, Ramsey*, De Rooij (Watkins), Obafemi

At half-time we were staring down the face of a cup exit but fortunately we fought back to win the match. I played a full strength side because I dont have enough squad depth to field a backup side lol.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho, Sibley, Madueke, Ramsey, De Rooij (Watkins), Obafemi (Egberts)

This was very much like the Liverpool match. We definitely deserved a draw but we lost thanks to a Harry Kane penalty.

--

birmingham.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho (Sibley), Brescianini, Egberts, Ramsey, De Rooij, Obafemi*

Derby day joy for Villa as we easily beat Birmingham here. Marco Brescianini made his debut here and got an assist which was nice. Obafemi struck twice while Egberts scored despite being played out of position.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro*, Laird (Nyambe), Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho, Brescianini (Sibley), Madueke (Watkins), Ramsey, Cunningham, Obafemi

This was an excellent result and performance and in all honesty we could have won as we missed a load of chances, especially in the first half. Cunningham made his debut here and he impressed.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho, Brescianini (Stancliffe), Madueke (Watkins), Ramsey (Sibley), De Rooij, Obafemi

The last time I faced Chelsea it was in the Champions League final and we dented their title hopes here with a draw. A great result and hopefully we can at least match that in a few days time when we face them in the FA Cup.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
2-3.png

Lineup
- Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho (Stancliffe), Brescianini, Madueke, Ramsey (Sibley), De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi

AAAGGGGHHHHH

In the last round we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 but this time we were on the receiving end of the comeback. Chelsea probably deserved it but Obafemi missed a couple of great chances to put the game beyond doubt.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro*, Laird (Nyambe), Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho, Brescianini (Sibley), Madueke (Cunningham), Ramsey, De Rooij, Obafemi

Leicester are 3rd from bottom and started the season with Jamie Vardy as manager and they took a point off us here. To concede an equaliser in the 4th minute of stoppage time is infuriating!

--

WOLVES.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Menghi, Foyth, Perez, Saho, Brescianini, Madueke (Delap), Ramsey, De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi*

Fantastic. We were magnificent in this match and fully deserved our 5 goal winning margin. Michael Obafemi was unplayable as he scored a hat-trick and he has scored in our last 5 league matches. Aaron Ramsey (not the Welsh one lol) scored the pick of the goals with a shot into the top corner from outside the area.

--

SUMMARY

January was a busy month what with 8 games being played and the restructuring of my squad. On the field things are going well and we have risen up to 13th place in the Premier League table. We lost to Spurs in our first match in the league but then we strung together 5 results to go unbeaten in the league for the rest of the month. Derby wins over Birmingham (3-1) and Wolves (5-0) bookended 3 draws against Man City, Chelsea and Leicester.

Michael Obafemi has been lethal in front of goal with no less than 11 goals this month in all competitions. He has also missed some sitters but it is obvious that he is our key player.

Now to transfers. I sold John McGinn to Fulham for £9.25m and I also got rid of a few reserve players and backup squad players for around £18m in total. In the end I brought in 6 players at a cost of just under £40m.

My first signing was that of my main man - Marco Brescianini. Juventus transfer listed him so I paid £10.5m to bring him to Villa Park. This is the 3rd time that I have signed him and I know what he can do and he will be a key player for me.
brescianini.png

I needed a new left winger so I went and signed Celtic's young winger George Cunningham. I paid £6.5m to bring him to the club and at 21y/o he has a bright future ahead of him.
cunningham.png

Tom Stancliffe came in from Liverpool for a bargain £550,000. I needed a bit of extra cover in central midfield and he is technically a very gifted player who has excellent passing abilities.
stancliffe.png

That was it until deadline day and then I brought in another 3 players. The first one was one arranged by my Director of Football and I went along with it. Aaron Hickey came in from Arsenal for an initial £11.25m rising up to £15m. The Scottish full back is still only 25y/o and can improve further and I think he will be a key player for us.
hickey.png

The next signing was that of a Uruguayan wonderkid. 19y/o Dario Berges came in from Nacional for £10m and he could go onto be a world beater. He is super quick, technically gifted and can pick a pass so I am hoping he will fit in well. The only problem could be is that with Brescianini and Sayo he may struggle to get into the team at first!
berges.png

Finally I brought in another wonderkid and this one came in on loan from Chelsea. Connor Armstrong is his name and he will compete for the RW spot.
armstrong.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MICHAEL OBAFEMI
obafemi.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1613921048241.png

Jimmy Rimmer

Rimmer started in goal for Aston Villa in the 1982 European Cup final but he only lasted 9 minutes before going off injured. Signed from Arsenal in 1977 he spent 6 years with Villa and made 229 appearances. He won 1 league title, the European Cup, the European Super Cup and a Charity Shield during his time at Villa Park. He was capped once for England.

--

FEBRUARY

bmouth.png

Lineup
- Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho, Brescianini (Berges), Madueke, Ramsey*, De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi

Obafemi is at it again!!! Another 2 goals for his tally and it is now 10 goals in the last 6 league games which of course is our length of this unbeaten run. Aaron Ramsey set up both of the goals while Hickey and Berges made their debuts.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho (Berges), Brescianini, Madueke*, Ramsey (Sibley), De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi

Meh. We are level on points with Brighton and in the end we both cancelled each other out. Madueke got our equaliser so it was nice to see someone else score other than Obafemi.

--

everton.png

Lineup
- Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey*, Saho, Brescianini, Madueke (Sibley), Ramsey (Delap), De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi

We leapfrog Everton and move up in the table with this fine away victory. Saho scored with a fabulous long range effort, Obafemi finished from close range and our winner came when Brescianini scored with a bullet header. Everton sacked their manager, Michael O'Neill, immediately after this match.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 3 games this month but with 2 wins and 1 draw that means our unbeaten run has extended to 8 matches!!! Bournemouth were downed by a Obafemi double, we drew with Brighton and then edged out Everton in a 5 goal thriller. It sees us end the month in 12th position and just 7pts off a European place but that isnt going to happen.

Things are going well but I am still waiting for a much better job to become available lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AARON RAMSEY
ramsey.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

1613926460191.png

Nigel Spink

Spink spent 19 years with Villa between 1977 and 1996 and he came off the bench for Jimmy Rimmer in the final of the European Cup for only his 2nd Villa appearance. He went onto make 359 more appearances and like Rimmer was capped once by England. Along with the European Cup he also won the European Super Cup and the League Cup during his time at the club.

--

MARCH

newcastle.png

Lineup
- Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho, Brescianini, Madueke (Delap), Ramsey*, De Rooij, Obafemi

**** OFF!!!!!!

I suppose it shows that I am not rigging the game as we beat my beloved Newcastle and that puts a huge dent in their survival hopes.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho, Brescianini, Madueke (Armstrong), Ramsey (Berges), De Rooij* (Perez), Obafemi

Thats 10 unbeaten in the league now as we move up to 8th place. Obafemi struck yet again and he now has 23 league goals and leads the way in the scoring charts.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird*, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho (Stancliffe), Brescianini, Madueke, Ramsey, De Rooij (Perez), Obafemi

WOW!!!!!

Our run keeps on going with a superb victory at home over Arsenal. Obafemi put us ahead before Hickey rifled in a shot to score against his old club and it was game over when De Rooij scored. Very impressive.

--

SUMMARY

Another 3 game month and this time we won all 3 to propel ourselves up to 8th in the table. I wont mention our first victory as it still hurts lol but we then went to Southampton and won 2-0 before turning over Arsenal 3-1 in a great display. I have just realised that 7th place will get us a Conference League spot so that is what we are gunning for. WBA are in our sights and we have still to play them but they are 4pts ahead of us with a game in hand so it is a tough ask.

We will try though!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ETHAN LAIRD
laird.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png

20210214001308_1.jpg

Finally won a Champions League :ROFLMAO: started at Tottenham but joined Chelsea for a season and won the Champions League first time round. Time to try and find a new club

1613934068966.png

Peter Withe

Signed from my beloved Newcastle United, Peter Withe spent 5 years with Villa between 1980-85. He scored 75 goals in 182 appearances for Villa and scored the winning goals in both the European and European Super Cup finals. He also won a league title and Charity Shield while at the club and was capped 11 times for England, scoring once.

--

APRIL

man ut.png

Lineup
- Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho (Berges), Brescianini, Madueke, Ramsey, De Rooij (Cunningham), Obafemi (Delap)

After 11 league matches unbeaten we get brought back down to earth with a huge bump. How we managed to score 2 goals is beyond me and how they only scored 5 is criminal such was their dominance. They could easily have had 10 and they also missed a penalty. A bad day at the office - De Rooij even got injured and will be out for nearly a month.

But Villa got beat so the Newcastle fan in me is happy as ever lol.

--

wba.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro*, Laird, Mengi, Van Bohemen (Lucumi), Hickey, Saho, Brescianini, Madueke (Armstrong), Ramsey, Cunningham (Perez), Egberts

This is a massive win as it keeps West Brom within reach but we were so lucky. They were the better side, had 2 goals disallowed and missed a penalty but somehow we managed to win the game when Perez scored with the last kick of the match.

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird, Mengi, Van Bohemen, Hickey (Perez), Saho, Brescianini, Madueke, Ramsey (Berges), Cunningham, Obafemi*

A good win and performance here as we took advantage of Fulham's tiredness after they were taken into extra-time (successfully) against Liverpool in the FA Cup semis just a couple of days before. We notched up another 4 goals with Cunningham getting off the mark for the club.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth, Hickey, Saho, Brescianini (Stancliffe), Madueke (Egberts), Ramsey*, Cunningham (Perez), Obafemi

We move to within 2pts of WBA with this win. West Ham are obviously shocking at defending corners as all 3 of our goals came from corners swung into the near post area to be flicked on and finished at the back post.

West Ham are managed by Steve Bruce so I am naturally delighted to get a win against that football dinosaur!

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Muller, Laird, Mengi, Foyth*, Hickey, Saho (Berges), Brescianini, Egberts, Ramsey, Cunningham (Weah), Obafemi (Delap)

I cant fault my players here as they were magnificent. We battered Leeds here and did everything but score. Unfortunately WBA got a draw against Man Utd so with 2 games to play we are 2pts behind them and we have to play Liverpool.

--

SUMMARY

Another strong month - if you ignore the 5-2 hiding we took against Man Utd lol. We strung 3 wins together against WBA, Fulham and West Ham before we did everything but score against Leeds. Unfortunately those 2 dropped points against Leeds may just cost us a 7th placed finish as we are 2pts behind WBA with 2 games to play.

So we go into our final couple of games hoping that WBA dont win and we do and also that Newcastle can stave off relegation!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FLORIAN MULLER
muller.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APR.png

View attachment 540745

Finally won a Champions League :ROFLMAO: started at Tottenham but joined Chelsea for a season and won the Champions League first time round. Time to try and find a new club

Congrats!!! Mbappe v Calvert-Lewin and Calvert-Lewin wins somehow!!!!!

Plus you have Adeyemi who I am a huge fan of as you have seen.

Do you change your role of the striker in your 4-2-3-1 tactic? I use your tactic but my striker is not very involved in the games and dont get a lot of chances - right now i use Martial as advanced forward!

Congrats!!! Mbappe v Calvert-Lewin and Calvert-Lewin wins somehow!!!!!

Plus you have Adeyemi who I am a huge fan of as you have seen.
Can't quite believe how good Adeyemi is!! And yeah saw him on your save and had to try him out

1613943236553.png

MAY - END OF SEASON POST

liverpool.png

Lineup - Muller*, Laird, Van Bohemen, Foyth, Hickey, Saho, Berges, Madueke, Ramsey, Cunningham (Perez), Obafemi

I cant believe it. Liverpool were confirmed as champions a few days ago and they came here to party and they should have done as they played us off the park with over 20 shots to our 7 yet we somehow come away with a 3-1 victory! If I was their manager I would be livid as we didnt deserve the 3pts at all! Not that I am complaining lol.

WBA also won so it goes down to the final day to see who finishes 7th.

--

bristol.png

Lineup - Owusu-Oduro, Laird, Van Bohemen, Foyth, Hickey (Perez), Saho (Berges), Brescianini (Sibley), Madueke, Ramsey, De Rooij, Obafemi*

7th place is ours!!! We now need to wait and see who wins the FA Cup before we can celebrate getting into Europe. We were excellent here and fully deserved our victory as we crashed in 5 goals with Obafemi helping himself to a hat-trick and that means he finishes the season as the leagues top scorer with 29 goals!!!!!

It was a perfect day - WBA lost, we won and Newcastle stayed up!!!

--

SEASON REVIEW

In the end it was a great half season in charge of Villa. We took them from 17th place all the way up to 7th spot and with that we earned a UEFA Conference League place. In our 21 league games we earned 44 points to finish with 61 overall and the momentum within the club is strong however I still dont really want to be here!!!!

Our league position was mainly down to the goals of Michael Obafemi who netted 29 times in the league to be the top scorer and he scored 33 goals overall. For him to perform so well is quite an achievement but is it a one off?

My first XI looks not too bad. Saho, my man Brescianini, Ramsey, Obafemi and Hickey provide a great base to build around and if we can bring in two or three more players who can jump straight into the first team we will surely be stronger.

I say that but my heart is not committed to Villa I have to say. If a better future destination becomes available I will be all over that as I am viewing this as a stop gap. The Marseille job is available but they arent in Europe next season so I am better off where I am while Steaua Bucharest doesnt interest me at all!!!

I will have a budget of £55m to improve the squad next season.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
final.png

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD 2.png

Goalkeepers
- Owusu-Oduru was my first choice keeper and although he struggled with injuries towards the end of the season the Dutchman performed very well. I was lucky that his backup, Florian Muller, did exceptionally well when he came into the side however I think improvements could be made in this position if finances allow.

Defenders - Our defensive record was poor this season and that is an area that needs stregthened. My full backs are fine as Ethan Laird and Aaron Hickey after his arrival impressed but in the middle I think we can be stronger although I am a fan of Taden Mengi. Juan Foyth is not bad but the quality in the backup players is slightly lacking maybe apart from Pablo Perez.

Midfielders - Soulayman Saho is a world beater but he didnt play like it so I expect to see him progress next season. Alongside him was my main man Brescianini and he did very well but I didnt expect anything else lol. I brought in Berges but he struggled to get into the side while Tom Stancliffe barely featured. My AMC was Aaron Ramsey who wasnt involved with the team until I came along which was ludicrous as he quickly proved to be one of my key players.

On the wings we had De Rooij or Cunningham on the left and Madueke on the right. They did ok but much like my defensive area it needs to be strengthened.

Forwards - It was all about Michael Obafemi!!! He rattled in 29 league goals and 33 overall in a standout season for the Republic of Ireland striker - he just couldnt stop scoring!!!!! Delap and Egberts were backup to him with Egberts impressing me a little bit but Delap barely featured. Ollie Watkins was also in the squad and was involved a little until I loaned him out.

My Player of the Season - Michael Obafemi
My Young Player of the Season - NOBODY!!!
Must Do Better - Louie Sibley
Donkey of the Year - Timothy Weah

--

SUMMER PLANS

If a better job becomes available at a future destination I will jump at the chance. Inter or AC Milan, Bayern, Real Madrid, Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea are the ones I am targeting but tbh the chances of those jobs becoming available are very slim. The European Championships will be going on during the summer so maybe that will open up a few opportunities but I am not holding my breath.

It has just dawned on me that if I hadnt have taken the Aston Villa job I would have skipped a season as no other future destination became available during that time!!!!

Incidentally - my former side, Borussia Dortmund, beat Real Madrid 5-4 in the Champions League final.​

Do you change your role of the striker in your 4-2-3-1 tactic? I use your tactic but my striker is not very involved in the games and dont get a lot of chances - right now i use Martial as advanced forward!

Always an advanced forward. That and at least one CB being a ball playing CB are the two positions and roles that I never change

1614010522193.png

KRIS STUART LEAVES ASTON VILLA

The Euros (won by Portugal) have come and gone but as of yet none of the international jobs have been taken. Scotland still have Steve Clarke as manager so the wait goes on for that job. Anywho it was the vacancy at Juventus that has prompted my next move but I will reveal that in a moment.

The game date is July 15 2028 so I have had most of the pre-season with Aston Villa. I sold a load of **** and brought in 2 great regens, a solid CB plus Harvey Elliott for £21m from Liverpool which was a good deal I thought. The squad was really beginning to take shape tbh so it will be interesting to see how they get on.

Anywho Juventus took an age to appoint a new manager and when they did it was none other than Zinedine Zidane so................

1614010822707.png

I AM THE NEW REAL MADRID MANAGER!!!!!!!!

With 13 European Cup trophies Real are by far and away the most successful side in the competitions history and it is my job to win them number 14. Having already managed at Barcelona I will complete the Spanish section of the competition once I am successful and I demand that it will be this season. The squad is naturally very talented and with an initial budget of £175m I fully expect us to be successful.

Here is my squad...........
real.png
madrid.png

A lot needs to go and a lot needs to come in but we have some world class players in here naturally. Jadon Sancho, Vinicius Junior, Mason Mount, Florentino Luis and Eduardo Quaresma are all world class talents who I will build my side around and there is also the matter of Anfelo Marinaccio who is one of the best regens out there......
marinaccio.png

Lets get going!!!! I have a month to sort everything out.​

1614022169543.png

PRE-SEASON

I have been very busy indeed and I am not yet finished. So far I have spent £230m on 6 players and I have recouped £124m for the 13 players I have either loaned out or sold and as I said there is still movement to come.

Looking at the squad I needed to revamp the goalkeeping department, bring in a CB, 2 LBs and also get in a few midfielders or wingers and so far I have covered most of those bases. As ever I revamped my coaching staff and got all that sorted and really it is now down to the players to do the job on the pitch!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

out.png

I sold both my keepers as Courtois was ancient and the other one was **** lol. Alaba eventually left as he too was ancient and Kovacic, Pau Torres and Thiago Maia all left mainly due to their age as I wanted to build a younger side.

Victor Tsygankov was the club captain but there was no sentiments there as he left to go to Man Utd for £27m which was a decent price while AC Milan paid nearly £30m for Crespo and Alavarez as they werent good enough in my opinion. Brahim Diaz wanted a new challenge so he moved on to my former side, Aston Villa, for £22.5m.

--

PLAYERS IN
IN.png

£230m spent and all but £55m was on defenders and keepers lol.

My biggest signing and most expensive signing in my save so far was that of Cristhian Mosquera from Hertha Berlin for £93m. He will be my RB and he is surely the best RB in the game as he looks like a truly world class player. He can also cover at CB too and I have made him my captain.
mosquera.png

I paid PSG £55m to bring in Ilias Akhomach. He was transfer listed by them so I moved to sign him even though he will probably be my backup RW. I gave him his debut at Barcelona in my first season in this save and at 24y/o he can still get better.
akhomach.png

My new keeper is Bemba Soumaworo. I have had my eyes on him for a while and I paid the £45.5m to activate his release clause at Norwich. The 20y/o wonderkid has chosen to represent Spain rather than Mali and he should go on to be the clubs goalkeeper for the next several years.
soumaworo.png

God knows how you pronounce my next signings name!! He has chosen to represent Germany but he could also represent Kyrgyzstan hence his strange name. Introducing Keldibek Janybek Uulu!!!!!! I really struggled to find a decent left back at a decent price and he was transfer listed for £18.5m and he will be my first choice LB although he is the weakest link in my team.
kkllj.png

Juan Larios will be his competition for the left back spot and he was transfer listed by Everton. It cost me £12.5m to bring him in but he isnt great lol.
larios.png

My new backup keeper came in from Leicester for £5.75m. His name is Francisco Meixedo but hopefully he wont be required to play lol.
meixedo.png

--

SQUAD

There is still a bit of work to do but because I urged the board to make up the shortfall for the Mosquera deal I dont know my exact remaining budget as since then Diaz and Alaba have gone. At the moment I have £24m but I am spending £2m a week less in wages that my budget allows which is quite something!!!!

I have my new keeper in Souwomoro while my back 4 will be Mosquera, Fofana, Quaresma and weird name guy. In central midfield Florentino Luis and Serhat Demirtas will play with Serhat being a great regen player who they signed from Monaco for £87m last season. Sancho and Vinicius Junior will be my wingers with Mason Mount in between them and Marinaccio will be up front.

Most of my backup players are actually youth products so I am certainly developing the club by using the youth system!​

Some absolutely nuts regens there at Madrid. Good to see Tammy and Mount there too!

1614027214864.png

1956 European Cup Final - Real Madrid 4-3 Reims

AUGUST

sevilla.png

Lineup - Soumaworo, Mosquera, Fofana (Allain), Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Serhat Demirtas, Sancho (Akhomach), Mount, Vinicius Junior (Romero), Marinaccio*

A fine start to my Real Madrid career as we thump Sevilla. Marinaccio scored a fantastic hat-trick to showcase his ability to me while Akhomach came off the bench to grab a debut goal which was nice.

--

LEVANTE.png

Lineup - Soumaworo, Mosquera, Fofana, Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Serhat Demirtas, Sancho (Akhomach), Mount (Diaz), Vinicius Junior, Marinaccio*

It was the Marinaccio show again as he starred with another 2 goals.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 2 games this month but there is still a lot to go through. We kicked off our domestic campaign with an excellent 4-0 victory over Sevilla with Marinaccio grabbing a fine hat-trick and he was at it again in our next match as he got both goals in our 2-1 victory over Levante.

In our Champions League group we have been drawn alongside AC Milan, Lille and Basel so we should easily get through that group I would imagine.
1614026511456.png
1614026533440.png
1614026550401.png
1614026572827.png

Now for my transfer activities and 1 departure has led to 2 new arrivals. Tammy Abraham was the man to go and he was sold on to Juventus for £37.5m. His contract was due to expire at the end of the season so we got a decent fee for him and he also took up one of my 3 foreign player slots (Mount and Sancho being the others) so that opened up an opportunity.

And that opportunity was to bring in a Brazilian regen striker who I have had in my shortlist since I was at Juventus and I was saving him for my next job but he wasnt interested in joining Aston Villa. His name is Dante and he is just a world class player and to make it even better - he only cost me £12.25m!!!! I have signed him as my backup striker but I may play him at AMC as he just looks sooooooo good.
dante.png

Then on deadline day I needed a player who could play on the left wing to cover for Vinicius Junior or even Sancho and that led me back to one of my former players (not Brescianini lol) in Youssouph Badji. He is naturally a striker but can also do a job on the LW and he will be an excellent squad player. I got him for £45m from Manchester City who paid me £150m for him when I was in charge of Dortmund.
badji.png

I also recalled Samu from his loan spell at Real Sociedad to add a bit more cover in the squad.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANGELO MARINACCIO
AM.png

--

LA LIGA
aug.png

Some absolutely nuts regens there at Madrid. Good to see Tammy and Mount there too!

OOPS!!!!!!! lol

Tammy was always going to go tbh but he was injured when I arrived

In Marinaccio and Dante you have 2 incredible strikers. Time to switch to a 442.

1614097761025.png

1957 European Cup Final - Real Madrid 2-0 Fiorentina

SEPTEMBER

almeria.png

Lineup
- Soumaworo, Mosquera, Fofana (Tomiyasu), Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Mount, Sancho, Dante, Vinicius Junior (Badji), Marinaccio*

We were absolutely fantastic here and we could have scored double the amount that we did. I decided to put Dante in at AMC as a shadow striker and he had an excellent debut and scored a goal but yet again it was Marinaccio who was the star man as he scored his 2nd hat-trick of the season - we have only played 2 games!

--

UEFA Champions League Group A
milan.png

Lineup
- Soumaworo, Mosquera, Fofana, Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis (Serhat Demirtas), Mount, Sancho*, Dante, Vinicius Junior, Marinaccio

Beating the average Spanish sides is one thing but to thump a European giant is another! We were fantastic again and Sancho scored two very good goals in the 1st half for us. Marinaccio was not to be denied as he scored our 4th but he did have an early goal disallowed.

--

CADIZ.png

Lineup - Soumaworo, Mosquera, Fofana, Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Mount, Sancho (Akhomach), Dante*, Vinicius Junior (Badji), Marinaccio

A good win and won in which Dante ran things. He opened the scoring with a free-kick from 25 yards and then he was instrumental in the 2nd goal as he was involved with a couple of one twos before he played in Marinaccio to score. Fofana headed in a 3rd late on.

--

getafe.png

Lineup - Soumaworo, Mosquera*, Fofana, Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Mount, Sancho, Dante, Vinicius Junior (Badji), Marinaccio

Having gone 2-0 up after only 21min I thought another hiding was going to be handed out but we let them off the hook frustratingly. Marinaccio continues to score every time he plays though!

--

malaga.png

Lineup - Roberto, Tomiyasu, Fofana, Quaresma, Janybek Uulu, Luis, Mount*, Sancho (Akhomach), Dante, Vinicius Junior (Romero), Marinaccio

Both my keepers were injured here so my young keeper from the B team, Roberto, came into the side but he looks a decent prospect. In the end we won easily enough but we had 2 goals disallowed and Marinaccio had one of them so he fails to score for the first time this season.

--

UEFA Champions League Group A
basel.png

Lineup - Soumaworo, Tomiyasu, Fofana, Quaresma (Allain), Janybek Uulu, Luis, Serhat Demirtas (Cabrera), Sancho*, Diaz, Vinicius Junior, Badji (Samu)

I decided to rest a couple of players here and actually meant to rest Sancho too but he ended up getting the MOM award with 2 assists and a missed penalty.

--

SUMMARY

A 100% month which is all good! I decided to put Dante in as a shadow striker at AMC and it has seemed to work perfectly as 3 goals in 4 league games and a few assists testify to. Marinaccio is still scoring for fun while Mason Mount is our playmaker which everything goes through. We won our 4 league games with a 13-0 aggregate scoreline which shows our dominance but we have Barcelona next month and that will be a true test but having said that we did put 4 past AC Milan this month in the all important Champions League!!!

Loving life in Madrid just now.

So far I would say my time with Barcelona was meh in the enjoyment levels (scored 123 goals in the league looking back lol), Hamburg was meh to fun to great fun, Dortmund was great fun, Juventus was a bore, Villa I felt dirty and now it is fun with Madrid. The highs and lows of management lol.

Incidentally, Aston Villa have started this season pretty well tbh so I must have signed good players!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JADON SANCHO
sancho.png

--

LA LIGA
sep.png