The UEFA Champions League Challenge

1614500622000.png

1981 European Cup Final - Liverpool 1-0 Real Madrid

--

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group D
roma.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold (Aarons), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Jovovic, Havertz, Sancho (Lainez), Santamaria

Not good enough. Ourselves and Real Madrid are the favourites for the Champions League but we wont be anywhere near it with performances like this. To make matters worse, Alexander-Arnold got injured and will be out for 3 months.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Boyce), Fernandes (Pinatares), Reinier, Jasper, Havertz (Dingwall), Lainez, Santamaria*

Alexander-Arnold, Fati, Sancho, Todibo, De Maio and Jovovic were all out injured for this match so we were down to the bare bones here but we put in a terrific performance to win 6-1 with Santamaria scoring 4 goals. He took the shine off Sylvester Jasper who made his debut and scored twice!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Fernandes (Morgan*), Reinier, Jasper, Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Jovovic

I welcomed a couple of players back here but Santamaria was added to the injury list but we still managed to win easily. Morgan scored with a 35 yard free-kick but the keeper chucked it in basically lol.

--

betis.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano (Kleyton), Heathcote (Todibo), Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier, Lainez, Havertz (Oliveira), Fati, Jovovic*

We were meant to cruise this Champions League group but with 3 games played we are in 3rd place with 4pts and it could have been worse as we were 3-1 down with 5min to play here but fortunately we staged a comeback to draw 3-3. We must beat Betis in our next group game.

--

3-2.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Fernandes, Morgan (De Maio), Jovovic, Reinier, Fati, Santamaria (Lainez)

Another comeback!!! We were 2-0 down after 18min and were getting battered but then they had a man sent-off and everything changed. Jovovic pulled a goal back before half-time and then 2 goals in the 2nd half from Ansu Fati won us the match.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
man utd.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano (Kleyton), Heathcote, Rivaldo, De Maio, Morgan, Jovovic, Havertz (Todibo), Fati (Lainez), Santamaria*

What a thrilling game this was! We were 2-0 up and had a goal disallowed when Heathcote got sent-off early in the 2nd half. I made a couple of changes and then one of them, Kleyton scored an own goal. They kept attacking but when Santamaria scored to put us 3-1 up it was game over but not so as they scred twice in 6min to level things and it was only going one way however Santamaria broke free to finish and put us through into the next round.

--

SUMMARY

Domestically everything is fine. Despite having a spate of injuries we won every match and scored a bundle of goals. In the league Santamaria scored 4 goals as we hit Southampton for 6, we put 4 past Fulham and came back from 2-0 down to defeat Leeds 3-2 to open up a 6pt lead at the top of the table. Add to that a thrilling 4-3 victory over Man Utd in the Carabao Cup and everything is rosy in our garden.

However our exploits in the Champions League have not been up to scratch. We lost 2-1 to Roma and almost lost to Betis when we rescued a draw and we have a bit of work to do if we are to even qualify for the knockout stages!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEJAN JOVOVIC
jovovic.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

1614507176681.png

1984 European Cup Final - Liverpool 1-1 AS Roma

--

NOVEMBER

2-3.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Todibo (Kleyton), Rivaldo (Boyce), Fernandes, Reinier, Sancho, Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

Our first league defeat of the season as once again our defensive frailties cause us harm as Man Utd get quick revenge for us knocking them out of the Carabao Cup. I can have no complaints here however as they were by far the better side.

--

6-1.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Heathcote, Todibo, Rivaldo, Fernandes (De Maio), Morgan, Sancho (Lainez), Reinier (Oliveira), Fati, Santamaria*

Now thats much better!!!!! We thrash Betis to put ourselves in a much better position in the group. Santamaria got 4 goals (2nd time this season he has done that) and Fati grabbed a brace in a terrific performance.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Sancho, Havertz, Fati, Santamaria*

STUPENDOUS!!!!

For the 2nd time this season we put in a performance of the very highest order. Santamaria got another hat-trick, Fati another double and even Max Aarons got in on the act! Spurs are struggling real bad at the moment and we put even more pressure on them here. Magnificent.

--

BRISTOL.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier, Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz, Fati, Santamaria*

Quite incredible! Santamaria scores a hat-trick yet again and Fati compliments him with a double yet again! Unfortunately for us Jadon Sancho got injured and will be out for 3 months.

--

and#.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Boyce), Morgan, De Maio (Pinatares), Jovovic (Lainez), Reinier*, Fati, Santamaria

Despite winning here and getting 10pts in the group we are still not assured of our progress into the knockouts. A defeat or a draw against Roma and a Betis win over Anderlecht will see us out!

--

SUMMARY

This month started off with a disappointing defeat against Man Utd which cut our lead at the top of the table to 3pts. That disappointing performance was followed by 3 amazing performances with Santamaria and Fati leading the way! Firstly we thrashed Betis 6-1 with Santamaria getting 4 and Fati 2. Then we demolished Spurs 8-1 (Santamaria 3, Fati 2) and then it was Bristol City's turn to get thrashed - 5-2 (Santamaria 3, Fati 2). Anderlecht proved to be harder to break down though but we won in the end and Fati notched another goal.

Despite the 2 wins in the Champions League we are still in a precarious position. Anything other than a win at home to Roma could see us crash out!
group.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERARD SANTAMARIA
gerard.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

1614513295916.png

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan

--

DECEMBER

brighton.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Jovovic (Lainez), Havertz, Fati, Santamaria

We raced into a 4 goal lead here and it was game over except it wasnt. They had 2 back before half-time, pulled a goal back late on and bombarded us in stoppage time and tbh we were lucky to walk away with all 3pts. Jovovic got injured and will be out for 3 weeks which I didnt need with Sancho being out long term.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Todibo, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes (De Maio), Morgan, Lainez*, Reinier, Fati (Jasper), Santamaria

The goals continue to come as we get another 4 here. Diego Lainez came into the team and scored twice, Todibo added a 3rd and Santamaria got his customary goal. In our last 4 league games we have scored 8,5,4 and 4.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier*, Lainez, Havertz (De Maio), Fati (Jasper), Santamaria

My old side Aston Villa are battling against relegation and sacked their manager immediately after this match. At 2-0 up we were cruising but then Fernandes got sent-off and it was a bit trickier. Santamaria missed a 2nd half penalty just before they pulled a goal back and then they missed a few golden chances to take a point.

--

as roma.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons (Kleyton), Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo (Boyce), Fernandes, Reinier (De Maio), Lainez, Havertz*, Fati, Santamaria

We did what we had to do to qualify for the next stage and with this result Roma are the side who crash out. Santamaria missed another penalty here but at least Havertz scored as although he has been playing really well he should be scoring far more regularly.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Marcelo Pitaluga, Aarons*, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, De Maio, Morgan, Lainez, Oliveira (Pinatares), Jasper, Santamaria

The result here was good and the performance was excellent especially if you take into account the fact we were missing 8 players through injury! Santamaria's goal is his 30th goal of the season already!!!!!

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
cardiff.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Kleyton*, Todibo, Rivaldo, Fernandes (Havertz), De Maio (Reinier), Lainez, Morgan, Jasper (Santamaria), Oliveira

I rested most of my players for this game and although it was a small risk it paid off as we won handsomely with Oliveira and Kleyton scoring their first goals of the season.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Michaud*, Aarons (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Morgan (De Maio), Reinier, Lainez, Havertz, Fati (Jovovic), Santamaria

A disappointing result but lady luck wasnt with us here as Santamaria had 2 goals ruled out for offside annoyingly.

--

boro.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes*, Reinier, Lainez, Havertz (Oliveira), Fati, Santamaria (Jovovic)

We were back in amongst the goals here with another 4 to add to our impressive tally.

--

SUMMARY

As ever December was a fairly frantic month with games coming thick and fast in all competitions. We won 4 and drew 1 of our 5 league games to open up a 7pt lead at the halfway point of the season which is healthy. What is more impressive is that we have scored 70 goals in the league already and when you consider we just failed to score against Leicester that is some going!!!

In the Carabao Cup we easily beat Cardiff City to set up a semi final clash against Leicester and in the Champions League we beat Roma to top the group and we will face Hertha Berlin in the next stage so that is a winnable tie for sure.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO LAINEZ
lainez.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

Where’s Trent and Harvey Elliot these days?

Trent is still here but he was injured. Elliott I signed for Aston Villa just before I left there and he is still in their squad.

How good are they? Trent is absolutely world class on my save and I’ve just started to integrate Elliot into my first team a bit in my third season.

How good are they? Trent is absolutely world class on my save and I’ve just started to integrate Elliot into my first team a bit in my third season.

Alexander-Arnold should be world class but I have him as a 31y/o and he has just been out for 3 months, came back for 2 games and is out for another 3 months.

Elliott looks decent but I didnt have a hand in his progress and looking at his career stats he didnt play any football for 2-3 seasons so that will have hampered him.
trent.png
elliott.png

1614529646833.png

2019 UEFA Champions League Final - Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

--

JANUARY

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Todibo, Heathcote, Kleyton (Boyce), Morgan, Reinier, Lainez*, Havertz, Fati (Jasper), Santamaria (Oliveira)

I am really impressed with this performance and result. Sure we have had bigger wins etc but we controlled this game from start to finish despite missing 5 players due to injuries and suspension. Havertz has scored 4 goals this season - 3 coming against his old club!

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
morecambe.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons (Lever), Todibo*, Kleyton, Boyce, De Maio, Pinatares (Makrecky), Jovovic, Morgan (Foster), Jasper, Oliveira

I would have expected and desired a much bigger winning margin here but it was not to be. Lever, Makrecky and Foster all made their debuts here.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
leicester.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo, Morgan, Reinier (Pinatares), Jovovic (Lainez), Havertz, Fati (Jasper), Santamaria*

This win should be good enough to see us into the final so I will probably rest my players in the 2nd leg as we are in the middle of a hectic schedule.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons (Kleyton), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier, Jovovic, Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria (Oliveira)

We had the opportunity to extend our lead in the table to 13pts here but it wasnt to be as we drew 0-0. Fati did have a goal disallowed which was a shame but we move on. That is 2 draws against Arsenal this season now.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Michaud, Kleyton, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Jovovic, Havertz (Lainez), Fati, Santamaria (Oliveira)

Back to back goalless draws goes against the grain but when you look at our opponents it is entirely acceptable and in all competitions we have kept 10 clean sheets in a row! Santamaria hasnt scored in his last 5 league games which is a big worry.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Michaud, Livramento, Todibo, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Boyce), Fernandes, Morgan (Pinatares), Jovovic*, Reinier, Fati, Santamaria (Oliveira)

We get back to winning and goalscoring ways here but our run of clean sheets is over as we conceded an early goal. Dejan Jovovic was our hero though with 2 goals. Livramento made his debut here.

-

burnley.png

Lineup - Michaud, Livramento, Upamecano, Heathcote (Todibo), Kleyton, Fernandes, Morgan (Pinatares), Jovovic (Lainez), Havertz, Fati*, Santamaria

Santamaria ended his goal drought here as he scored our 3rd in this comfortable victory.

On a completely different tangent - Burnley have a wonderkid striker on loan from Spurs, Kieran Shearer, who originally came in from Aberdeen and he looks like a player. One for Stonecold lol.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
barrow.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Livramento*, Todibo, Kleyton, Boyce, De Maio, Pinatares, Jovovic, Lainez (Foster), Jasper, Oliveira

Just like in the previous round I am content with the victory but we really should have won by a lot more goals. It was a good opportunity to give my backup players a run out though.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2-0.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Livramento (Lever), Todibo, Kleyton, Rivaldo, De Maio (Foster), Pinatares, Jovovic, Lainez* (Foster), Jasper, Oliveira

We take our place in the final with an easy win here. Jovovic and Oliveira got the goals and we will play Arsenal in the final.

--

SUMMARY

We had some tough fixtures this month with us coming up against the likes of Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal plus a Merseyside derby against Everton and a cup semi-final against Leicester. We emerged unbeaten this month although the goals did dry up a little as we drew 0-0 with both Arsenal and Man City. Defensively we were magnificent though and we kept 8 clean sheets out of the 9 matches!!!!

Our lead at the top of the table has got bigger as we are 12pts clear at the top and tbh I cant see us being caught.

Transfers wise I brought in 1 more player for the first team squad - Valentino Livramento - who joined on loan from Juventus. I needed a bit more cover at RB with Alexander-Arnold constantly being out injured so I needed a player in his position on a short term measure.
livramento.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEJAN JOVOVIC
jovovic.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1614618056015.png

Bob Paisley

A former Liverpool player, Paisley was manager of Liverpool for 9 years between 1974-83 and he was manager of the club as Liverpool won their first 3 European Cups. He also won 6 League titles, 3 League Cups, a UEFA Cup, a European Super Cup and 6 Charity Shields!!!!!!!

--

FEBRUARY

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons (Livramento), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Fernandes, Reinier, Jovovic, Havertz, Fati, Santamaria*

A standard easy win in the league lol. They had a man sent-off which obviously helped but we controlled the game from start to finish.

--

bmouth.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier, Jovovic, Havertz (Morgan), Fati (Lainez), Santamaria*

Santamaria was on fire here as he scored 4 goals and had 1 disallowed!!! Marinaccio scored 55 for me last season in Madrid and Santamaria is chasing down that record - he now has 38.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons (Kleyton), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier, Jovovic, Havertz (Morgan), Fati (Lainez), Santamaria*

He got 4 in the last match and now he notches up 5 as Santamaria (recently winner of the World Player of the Year award) once again single handedly destroyed our opponents. Goal of the game goes to Aidan Morgan though as he powered in a long range strike.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
hertha.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons*, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Fernandes, Reinier, Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz (Morgan), Fati, Santamaria

Moneybags Hertha Berlin proved to be no match for us here as we win 3-0 to all but secure my place in the next round. Jadon Sancho made his return from injury here.

--

SUMMARY

This month was all about the performances of Gerard Santamaria as he smashed in 12 goals in our 4 matches this period. He was in sensational form and he scored 4 past Bournemouth and 5 past Southampton!!!! He really is in sensational form and we cant fail to be successful with him in the team. The fact that the other players are contributing too isnt doing us any harm at all either!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERARD SANTAMARIA
santamaria.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

feb.png

1614622500231.png

Joe Fagan

Fagan only had 2 years in charge of Liverpool between 1983-85 and he won the European Cup in 1984 as well as a league title and a League Cup.

--

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
carabao.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano*, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes (Morgan), Reinier, Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

An opportunistic goal from Santamaria won us the cup here as he moves onto 45 goals for the season. He had had an early goal disallowed earlier.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
LEEDS.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo*, Fernandes (Morgan), Reinier, Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz, Fati, Santamaria (Oliveira)

We sneak through here and it took a wonderful goal to do it. Havertz spotted a run from Fati and lofted a pass from the halfway line which landed in behind the Leeds defence, Fati took one touch past the keeper before finishing.

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Michaud, Aarons (Livramento), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Sancho, Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

Not good enough. We concede a goal deep into stoppage time to deny us victory here. Fulham may be having a fantastic season but we really should be beating them.

--

man utd.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons, Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (De Maio), Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria*

WOW!!!!!!

Another Santamaria masterclass as he put Man Utd to the sword here and walked away with another 4 goals. To beat Man Utd 5-0 is quite something considering they were 2nd in the table.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
berlin.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Aarons*, Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo, Fernandes (Pinatares), Morgan (De Maio), Sancho, Reinier, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

This was a dull and boring game but we got the win thanks to you know who lol.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
spurs.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Livramento (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano, Heathcote, Aarons, Fernandes, Morgan (De Maio), Sancho (Lainez), Havertz, Fati*, Jovovic

Very nice - especially considering we were without a few players. We fell behind early on but soon found ourselves level but it wasnt until midway through the 2nd half that we took control. Fati struck twice and then Jovovic scored with a wonderful strike from 30 yards out of nowhere. Alexander-Arnold made his comeback from injury here.

--

SUMMARY

We had 2 standout performances this month but the rest were a struggle admittedly but yet again we go through the month unbeaten plus we also managed to pick up the Carabao Cup! We won the Carabao Cup by defeating Arsenal 1-0 in a tight and nervy final and it is my first major trophy in England. The league no doubt will be my 2nd as we beat Man Utd 5-0 to show everyone that nobody will get near us and we have progressed in the FA Cup and Champions League too!!!

We have drawn against one of my former sides, Juventus, in the Champions League and in the FA Cup we will face Man City so we shall see how we get on then.

As for the youth intake it was pretty good - I even got a midfielder that when signed up was valued at £19m!!!!!!
vaughan.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERARD SANTAMARIA

GERARD.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
march.png

1614628391882.png

Rafael Benitez

One of my favourite ever Newcastle managers, Rafa won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 in the "Miracle of Istanbul" final against AC Milan. He managed Liverpool between 2004-10 and won a FA Cup, Charity Shield and European Super Cup to go alongside the Champions League.

--

APRIL

4-0.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Livramento (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Morgan, Sancho*, Reinier, Fati, Santamaria

Another easy win as we put 4 past Leeds and also had 1 disallowed through Fati. Santamaria's penalty was our 100th league goal of the season.

--

brightojn.png

Lineup - Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Heathcote (Todibo), Rivaldo (Kleyton), De Maio, Morgan, Sancho (Jasper), Havertz, Lainez, Santamaria

Embarrassing. To be 2-0 up at home to Brighton and fail to win is not good enough. The league maybe all but over but standards are set and this result and performance fell way below those standards.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
juventus.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes (Morgan), Reinier, Sancho, Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria (Jovovic)

We were 2-0 up and cruising and then Fati had a goal disallowed and it was a case of how many but we were pegged back to 2-2 but fortunately Upamecano headed us back in front and Jovovic added a 4th. Their 2 away goals is a worry but I am still quietly confident that we will reach the semis.

--

bristol.png

Lineup - Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Heathcote, Aarons*, Fernandes, Morgan, Sancho (Jovovic), Reinier (Oliveira), Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

Lowly Bristol City made us work hard for this win. Sure we dominated from start to finish but the fact that they scored with their only shot on target and we had to rely on an own goal to win us the match says it all.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
1-2.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Kleyton, Todibo, Rivaldo, De Maio, Morgan (Pinatares), Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz, Fati (Lainez), Santamaria

We werent at the races here and are lucky to get through in all honesty as we survived a few scares. At 2-0 down we were heading out but fortunately Facundo De Maio popped up with a late goal to rescue us.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes (Pinatares), De Maio, Sancho (Lainez), Reinier, Fati, Santamaria (Jovovic)

We crash out of the FA Cup here disappointingly. We were the better side but just couldnt finish and Man City could. Back to back defeats - I expect a reaction!

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Michaud*, Alexander-Arnold, Todibo, Heathcote, Aarons, Fernandes, De Maio (Pinatares), Sancho (Jasper), Havertz, Lainez, Santamaria (Jovovic)

Our form has certainly dropped and that has coincided with Santamaria not scoring anymore. We won in the end though thanks to Diego Lainez's goal but we were 2nd best in this match.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Todibo, Rivaldo (Kleyton), Morgan, Reinier, Sancho (Jovovic), Havertz (Lainez), Fati, Santamaria*

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We secure the title, the 4th in a row for the club, as we thrash West Ham thanks to a terrific 2nd half performance in which we scored 5 goals and it was party time. Santamaria had a goal disallowed too.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
real.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold (Aarons), Todibo, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Morgan (De Maio), Sancho (Jovovic), Reinier, Lainez, Santamaria

Klopp v Stuart or Marinaccio v Santamaria - whichever one it was billed as it was all square in the end although we do go into the 2nd leg with something to protect at least.

-

SUMMARY

April certainly had its ups and downs! The major bonus was that we clinched the title with a great 6-1 victory over West Ham which means I can rest my first choice players for the final 4 games of the season which will hopefully give us an advantage in the Champions League.

We are still fighting hard in the Champions League but Juventus almost knocked us out. Leading 4-2 from the first leg at home we were 2-0 down late on and heading out on away goals but thankfully De Maio popped up with a goal to send us through. That set up a tie with Real Madrid and we drew the first leg 1-1 at the Bernabeu.

Our efforts in the FA Cup were not good enough however as Man City knocked us out in the semis. We were the better side but didnt take our chances and were punished accordingly. I am used to winning everything so to lose a big cup game is a rarity although I think I lost a German Cup semi with Dortmund lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERARD SANTAMARIA
111.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
apr.png

1614688784146.png

Jurgen Klopp

The current manager of Liverpool since 2015, Klopp won Liverpool the UEFA Champions League in 2019 and also their first Premier League title in 30 years alongside a European Super Cup and a Club World Cup.

--

MAY

villa.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Livramento, Todibo*, Kleyton, Aarons (Boyce), Pinatares, Morgan, Jovovic, De Maio (Vaughan), Lainez, Oliveira (Jasper)

My old side Villa are doomed to relegation which is great news as I hate them but I will obviously have to go back eventually. Anywho I fielded a 2nd string side and they won with ease. Livramento taking a penalty was a surprise though!

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
madrid.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold (Aarons), Upamecano, Heathcote (Todibo), Rivaldo, Fernandes (Morgan), Reinier, Sancho*, Havertz, Fati, Santamaria

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!

Into the final we go and it was Jadon Sancho, my signing from Real Madrid who was instrumental in us getting there. We were 3-0 up and cruising with Sancho netting a double but both he and Fati missed some easy chances too. They pulled a goal back but we were never under any real threat and we saw the game out.

--

mboro.png

Lineup - Michaud, Livramento, Todibo, Kleyton, Aarons, Pinatares, De Maio (Vaughan), Jovovic, Morgan (Dingwall), Lainez, Oliveira (Jasper)

Embarrassing.

Middlesbrough are battling against relegation yet they dominated us from start to finish here as we just didnt show up. Sure I played my backups but we were pathetic and our 24 game unbeaten run is over in the league.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Michaud, Livramento, Todibo, Kleyton, Aarons (Boyce), Pinatares (Dingwall), De Maio, Jovovic*, Morgan, Lainez, Oliveira (Jasper)

For 40min we were shocking and could have been 5 or 6 down as Wolves were pummelling us but somehow we went into the break ahead when Jovovic headed in from a corner. Then in the 2nd half everything changed and Jovovic went on to complete his hat-trick and Todibo popped up with a goal too. A nice win but itcould have been so different.

--

2-3.png

Lineup - Michaud, Livramento, Todibo, Kleyton, Aarons (Boyce), Pinatares, De Maio (Dingwall), Jovovic, Morgan, Lainez, Oliveira (Jasper)

Meh

--

UEFA Champions League Final
psg.png

Lineup
- Michaud, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, Heathcote, Rivaldo, Fernandes, Reinier (Morgan), Sancho*, Havertz (Lainez), Fati, Santamaria (Jovovic)

We did it!!!!!

This was a nervy and tight affair in which PSG started off brighter with my former Dortmund striker, Morne Khoza, causing us problems but we gradually came back into it and took the lead when Sancho played in Fati to score. What followed was a game of cat and mouse and we finally managed to put it to bed when Jovovic struck in injury time.

--

SUMMARY

This month was all about the Champions League and once again I am lifting the trophy as we were successful. We managed to beat Real Madrid 3-1 at home to put them crashing out of the competition and so in the final my fully rested first team managed to defeat PSG 2-0 to claim the trophy and ensure that my work in Liverpool is done.

Our league campaign petered out really as I played my backups to let my first teamers rest for the Champions League games and they ended up winning 1 and losing 2.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JADON SANCHO
sancho.png

1614709460131.png

END OF SEASON POST

So that is Liverpool done. Tbh alongside Real Madrid we were the best side in Europe and as the fixtures would dictate we would end up meeting each other in the biggest stage of all (kinda lol).

I spent a bit of money to strengthen the side with most of it (£100m) going on Jadon Sancho but we also raked in a fair bit so it wasnt like I spent £250-300m like I have done previously.

We kicked off the season by winning the Community Shield 3-0 over Man City and at the time I thought it was a great result but it was a sign of things to come. We ****** the league. Really strolled it and had some amazing results like 5-0 v Man Utd, 8-1 v Spurs, 7-2 v Southampton and 7-0 v Everton! Plenty of other 6,5 and 4 goal hauls and in the end we scored 123 goals as we won the title by 14pts.

We won the Carabao Cup by beating Arsenal 1-0 in the final but the big match was the in the 4th round when we had a man sent-off but still managed to beat Man Utd 4-3 to progress. We were on course for the FA Cup too as we reached the semis but Man City beat us 2-1 and they went on to lose the final to Burnley!

Then there was the Champions League and tbh we found the knockout stages much easier than the group stage. Despite having a kind group we were still on the verge of going out on the last group matchday but we won through and then in the knockouts disposed of Hertha Berlin first up. Then came Juventus and after beating them 4-2 at Anfield we looked good but we were 2-0 down with 10min to go and heading out until De Maio scored to put us through.

Then came the draw that everyone wanted - us v Real Madrid. It was 1-1 at the Bernabeu when Marinaccio and Santamaria traded goals and then at home we trounced them 3-1 to march into the final against Paris Saint-Germain. They were swept aside 2-0 and the trophy was ours!!!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

table.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers
- I used 2 this season but my main one was my £57m signing Yohann Michaud. The Mexican international was fantastic and improved his abilities also. No doubt he will be the Liverpool keeper for years to come. Marcelo Pitaluga came in as he was home grown by the club and he appeared twice including in the Community Shield.

Defenders - I have no complaints by any of my defenders!!! I had 3 RBs and while Alexander-Arnold missed most of the season with injuries he did play well when available. Max Aarons was superb and then in January Livramento came in on loan and featured a bit. Rivaldo was my LB and he did ok while at CB I had Upamecano and Heathcote as my first choice pairing and they were superb while Kleyton and Todibo also played many times and impressed.

Midfielders
- My CM pairing was Fernandes and Reinier. Both played great and had assists aplenty and they kept the likes of Morgan, Pinatares and De Maio out of the team although they all had their moments! At AMC I had Kai Havertz and his 17 assists were good but he really needed to score more than the 5 goals that he ended up with considering he scored 2 on the opening day of the season.

On the RW we had Jadon Sancho, my £100m summer signing, and he did well although he missed 3 months of the season due to injury. He wasnt overly missed though as Dejan Jovovic and Cesar Lainez came in and they both blew me away. Both scored plenty with Jovovic netting 26 and Lainez 15 and he even managed to get 17 assists in a standout year.

On the LW there was Ansu Fati and he was superb as he scored 27 goals including the opener in the Champions League final and he was a mainstay in the side.

Forwards - Gerard Santamaria!!!! Last season at Madrid I had Marinaccio and here I had the wonderful Santamaria! He ended up with 54 goals and remember he hardly played the last few games of last season. He really was something and is the World Player of the Year. Jovovic also had small spells up front but the main backup was Oliveira who was valued at £55m and I wouldnt pay a fiver for him - he was that bad.

My Player of the Season
- Gerard Santamaria
My Young Player of the Season - Dejan Jovovic
Must Improve - Facundo De Maio
Donkey of the Season - Oliveira!!!!!!!!

--

SUMMER PLANS

3 huge clubs are available, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Man Utd. I hate Man Utd with a passion so dont want to manage them at all but here is the thing - they are the only ones in the Champions League next season!!!! I have no doubts that I could win the Champions League with Chelsea or Bayern in 2 seasons but do I try and go for the quick fix or go to where I would be happiest.

That being said, given the rivalrey between Liverpool and Man Utd I might not even get the job!!!!!!​

1614710510938.png

10 YEAR REVIEW

So 10 seasons are done and in that time I have managed 7 clubs and have won 24 trophies including 6 Champions League titles!!!!!

Here are my stats......
stats.png

stats2.png

Now the eagle eyed among you will notice I have an 8th club lol........................

My 10 days spent on holiday have been at end of season league games where I have no interest - hence why Liverpool all of a sudden lost 2 of their last 3 league games last season.

Only 1 player released!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant think who that was tbh.

--

MY FAVOURITE XI

GK - Benjamin Blanco (Juventus)
RB - Josha Vagnoman (Hamburg/Borussia Dortmund)
CB - Matthijs De Ligt (Juventus)
CB - Andrea Papetti (Juventus)
LB - Jordi Alba (Barcelona)
CM - Marco Brescianini (Hamburg/Juventus/Aston Villa)
CM - Christian Mauersberger (Dortmund)
RW - Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
AMC - Dante (Real Madrid)
LW - Ansu Fati (Barcelona/Liverpool)
ST - Angelo Marinaccio (Real Madrid)

SUBS

GK - Kristoffer Klaesson (Hamburg)
RB - Cristhian Mosquera (Real Madrid)
CM - Andre Fannar Baldursson (Juventus)
RW/LW - Francisco Conceicao (Dortmund)
LW - Jadon Sancho (Real Madrid/Liverpool)
RW/ST - Karim Adeyemi (Hamburg/Dortmund)
ST - Gerard Santamaria (Liverpool)

1614754153086.png

KRIS STUART IS THE NEW MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER!

I hate Man Utd, ******* hate them so it gives me no pleasure in having to manage them for this save. Sure it has made Stonecolds day but by god I hope I dont fail in my first season here as I dont think I have it in me to be here for 2 seasons!!!!

Unbeknown to me a lot rested on the final day of the season. Man Utd beat Chelsea 2-0 which meant Chelsea failed to qualify for the Champions League so they sacked Frank Lampard (who is now manager of Bayern Munich). Sarri I knew was going to retire at the end of the season so I knew this job would become available and I knew Bayern were struggling and that it was likely that Martino would get sacked their. In the end I got offered all 3 jobs and I went with the job that had the weakest squad and less money to spend but they were in the Champions League and that pipped it for me.

Celtic and Steaua Bucharest also became available btw while Chelsea ended up appointing Leonardo Jardim as their new manager.

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

As you can see I have an ageing squad in place and that needs rooted out. I will need to change the goalkeeping situation, pretty much sign a whole new batch of CMs while the wings need looking at too! Defensively we are sorted as we (god I am saying we and referring to me being Man Utd uuuuugggggghhhh) have several world class defenders. Mason Greenwood will be relied upon to get the goals and the best 2 regens are both Italian - Mortellaro and Gervasio.
mortellaro.png
gervasio.png

--

WHY AM I HERE?

Man Utd won the European Cup in 1968 and the Champions League in 1999 and 2008. Thats why I am here unfortunately. They better ****** win it in 2031 too!!!!!!!!!!!!​

1614754899284.png

PRE-SEASON

So far on the day of writing (matchday 1 of the Premier League season) I have spent £215m and recouped £107m and largely I have signed players that I have managed before (no not Brescianini although he has gone to Middlesbrough lol) with 3 of my signings being previous payers for me.

The backroom staff needed very little changing so my job was literally to get rid of the old guard and bring in some new fresh faces around the place..........

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

I tried to get rid of everyone 30 or older apart from Marcus Rashford lol. Malen and Bruno Fernandes were not for shifting however so they are still around as is Wan-Bissaka. Kumbulla joined Juventus for £36m after a £50m deal to Chelsea fell through annoyingly. Barella is a great player but is 33y/o so off he went to Spurs as did Milinkovic-Savic who was 35y/o.

Unai Simon joined Roma for £19.5m, Altay Bayindir joined Besiktas for £9m so that was my 2 keepers gone while Tsygankov rejected an £11m move to Crotone so ended up getting loaned out and Matias Soule rejected an £18m move to newly promoted Newcastle but did go for £9m to newly relegated Aston Villa - the *****!!!!!!

--

PLAYERS IN
IN.png

My new record signing in this save was that of Ali Hassan from PSG for £150m. He is a world class player and just helped England win the World Cup (christ this save is getting better and better for me - not! lol). I expect big things from this lad and expect loads of goals and assists from him. He started his career at Everton before moving to PSG for £83m.
hassan.png

Next up are 2 players that I managed at Dortmund. Yacine Adli was transfer listed and somehow available for just £29m so with me wanting to build a new midfield I jumped at the chance to be reunited with him and he will be first choice. Gennady Afanasjev was a teenage RW that did great for me at Dortmund and since moved onto Fulham. He is poorly rated by my coaches but I dont see what they are seeing and he will be my backup RW.
adli.png
afanasjev.png

From Santos I brought in Santos lol. Gustavo Santos came in for £15m and will compete for a CM position. He is just 20y/o and should become a top, top player.
SANTOS.png

Now to my new keepers. My Director of Football actually found my keeper for me so I went along with the deal as it was so cheap! Sebastian Acosta joined from Boca Juniors for just £5.75m (£7.75m) and he is rated as a 4 star keeper so I wasnt going to complain at that!!! His backup will be Massiah Akers who I got on a free after he was released from Spurs.
acosta.png
akers.png

Robrecht Desmet came in from Spurs on a pre-contract agreement and I couldnt believe it! I had him on my shortlist when he was 17y/o at Antwerp and baulked at the chance of signing him for £37m but it seems as though he was frozen out there and loaned out to FC Porto so when I got the job here I immediately offered him a contract and he duly signed to be my new LW!
desmet.png

Finally my former midfielder at Real Madrid, Gabriel Cabrera was available on loan so I snapped him up as I was desperately needing CMs and you dont get the chance to get a near £60m rated midfielder on the cheap too often!
CABRERA.png

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

Win the Champions League!!! My first XI is good enough but maybe not my backups but who knows? I still have another CM to bring in but the way I see it is that we have arguably the best group of defenders and an attacking midfield 3 that would scare anyone. I just hope that my newly assembled CMs and my keeper dont let me down and that Mason Greenwood can bang in the goals like Marinaccio and Santamaria did for me at previous clubs!​

1614789617983.png

1968 European Cup Final - Manchester United 4-1 Benfica

--

AUGUST

arsenal.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood (Ramos), Juninho, Fernandes, Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford*), Greenwood (Malen)

A good way to start the new season! The first half was a bore but we took the lead thanks to a debut goal from Ali Hassan. It looked destined to finish 1-0 but Marcus Rashford came off the bench to score 2 goals in stoppage time and we still had enough time to concede a goal too!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan*, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

Very nice. Ali Hassan scored a hat-trick and he is certainly setting standards for himself while Greenwood and Mortellaro scored their first goals of the season.

--

wba.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan (Malen), Mortellaro*, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

I expected a more comfortable victory here but our shooting boots werent on. In the end a Gustavo Santos penalty and a stoppage time goal from Marcus Rashford got us the win but we really should have scored a few more.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Gervasio, Ramos, Gvardiol, Cabrera (Fernandes), Adli (Hannibal), Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood*

WOW!!!!!!

We rock up at the Etihad and smash Man City in their own ground. Mason Greenwood scored twice, Hassan got one and then Bruno Fernandes put one in from distance. A magnificent result and performance.

--

SUMMARY

As far as starts to the season go this one is right up there! We won all 4 league matches which included a comfortable win over Arsenal and dishing out a 4-0 thrashing to Man City not to meantion a 5-0 win over Fulham!!! My players have just clicked into the formation and the likes of Greenwood, Hassan, Rashford and Mortellaro have started the season brilliantly.

I made another signing before the window shut - Hannibal (Mejbri). I needed another home grown player by the club and a CM so he fit the bill and I signed him from Sassuolo for £22m. He is not a bad player but will be backup.
HANNIBAL.png

In the Champions League we were given a kind group and we will play PSV Eindhoven, Bayer Leverkusen and Shakhtar Donetsk.
1614796323348.png
1614796342590.png
1614796359439.png
1614796396004.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASON GREENWOOD
greenwood.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1614796508525.png

1999 UEFA Champions League Final - Manchester United 2-1 Bayern Munich

--

SEPTEMBER

burnley.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio*, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Fernandes), Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

Lowly Burnley gave us a scare here even after we went 2-0 up after 9min. Our 3rd goal was crazy. Gustavo Santos had a penalty saved, then he had the bound saved but fortunately Ali Hassan converted the 2nd rebound.

--

UEFA Champions League Group C
psv.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Ramos*, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Juninho), Hassan (Malen), Fernandes, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

Not the greatest of performances but it was a win and thats the main thing.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli (Fernandes), Hassan (Malen*), Mortellaro, Desmet, Greenwood

A massive win as we defeat my old side. Their starting XI was all players that I had so it was as you were as far as they were concerned but we were the better side. Desmet opened the scoring for us and then Greenwood had a goal disallowed. We looked to have seen the game out but Jadon Sancho levelled in the last minute however in the 94th minute Mason Greenwood got to the byline and cut it back to Malen who tapped in to give us a huge victory.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
afc.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Vaca, Ramos, Harwood, Cabrera (Juninho), Hannibal (Leak), Afanasjev, Fernandes*, Rashford, Malen (Kerr)

Out came my backups and they destroyed AFC Wimbledon. Gennady Afanasjev scored a hat-trick and got 3 assists on his debut so I have one over on my scouts and coaches now!!!!

Here is the thing - my Liverpool side would pull out a 6,7, or 8 goal victory in the Premier League to show that they were at the top of the tree so my side needs to put in one of those results in the league and not in the Carabao Cup against League 2 opponents!

--

newcastle.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefanovic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan*, Mortellaro, Desmet, Greenwood

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Normally I would say this was a good result and performance but we just beat my beloved Newcastle. Move on.

--

SUMMARY

An excellent month with the league victory over Liverpool being the ultimate highlight which means we end the month 3pts ahead of them at the top of the table. We really have kicked off this season brilliantly and are playing some fantastic football.

In the Carabao Cup we beat AFC Wimbledon 8-0 with a debut from Afanasjev that cannot be beaten yet he didnt even win the MOM award and we have drawn Liverpool at home in the next round - a repeat of last year but I will be in the opposite dugout this time!

Bad news however - we beat Newcastle 4-0............

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALI HASSAN
ALI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png