The UEFA Champions League Challenge

1614973971911.png

2008 UEFA Champions League Final - Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea

--

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group C
shakhtar.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro (Fernandes), Rashford*, Greenwood (Malen)

We took a little while to get going here but we won comfortably in the end which was pleasing and there was another goal for Afanasjev too!

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan (Rashford), Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood

I didnt see this result coming!!!! We absolutely battered Leeds here and could have scored 5 or 6 but their keeper had a worldie and they scored with their only shot on target. A lesson that needs learned perhaps.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan (Afanasjev*), Mortellaro, Rashford, Greenwood (Malen)

We fell behind in the first half here and were struggling until I made my subs and lo and behold Mr.Afanasjev was the man who changed the match in our favour as he got the very late winner. Surely he has now proved the doubters wrong!

--

bayer.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood (Ramos), Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Greenwood, Malen

Meh. A first minute goal conceded was not the way to go here but we got ourselves back level but unfortunately we couldnt find the winner.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli (Juninho), Afanasjev, Mortellaro, Desmet, Greenwood*

Mason Greenwood was the star of the show here as he scored 4 goals to win us the match and he even had the temerity to miss a penalty but to be fair with the resulting corner he headed us 2-1 in front so I can let him off lol.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Fernandes, Adli (Hannibal), Hassan, Mortellaro (Juninho), Malen, Greenwood*

I am very pleased with this outcome as we knock Liverpool out of the cup on penalties. They took the lead with a 2nd minute Fati penalty but within 7min we were 2-1 up thanks to Mason Greenwood. We were looking to see the game out but criminally we conceded an 89th minute equaliser which took the game to penalties but in the end we won through as they missed twice and we scored all 4.

--

SUMMARY

The home defeat to Leeds was the only blot on the copy book this month and while that result hurt us and I am still ****** off about it if you think of the bigger picture then everything is going great. Sure we drew with Leverkusen in the Champions League but we also thumped Shakhtar in the group and are looking strong while at the end of the month Mason Greenwood shone as he scored all 6 goals in our last 2 games with 4 against Southampton and then 2 (and a penalty) in our Carabao Cup penalty shoot-out win over Liverpool.

Still hate Man Utd though lol

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASON GREENWOOD
GREENWOOD.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

1614977522766.png

Sir Matt Busby

Synonymous with Manchester United with the Busby Babes and then the European Cup final team in 1968, Busby despite being a Man Utd legend actually had a playing career with Man City and Liverpool!!!!! Along with the European Cup as manager he won 5 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 Charity Shields between 1945-69 & 1970-71

--

NOVEMBER

spurs.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio (Vaca), Ramos, Harwood, Fernandes, Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro*, Desmet, Greenwood (Malen)

A nice win but to be 4-0 up after 36min and for us not to score anymore goals is a bit of a disappointment. My Liverpool side would keep on going and score again and again and that are the levels that I am aiming for.

--

leverkusen.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Ramos (Vaca), Harwood, Cabrera, Adli (Juninho), Hassan, Fernandes, Desmet, Greenwood* (Malen)

Mason Greenwood was at it again here as he struck twice to give us victory and see us qualify for the knockout stages. He missed a few great chances to get his hat-trick too!

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli (Hannibal), Afanasjev, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood*

Now this result is really impressive and I am delighted with both that and the performance and it convinces me that we are the real deal as we rock up at Stamford Bridge and put 4 past Chelsea. Greenwood's first goal was truly amazing as he had 3 defenders around him yet he still managed to chip the keeper from 25 yards!!!!

This is the 3rd league game in a row that we have scored 4 goals in a match!

--

birmingham.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Ramos (Dautovic), Vaca, Gvardiol, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

All credit goes to the Birmingham keeper here as we bombarded their goal with over 30 shots and 13 on target and he rightly so got the MOM award. In the end a Gustavo Santos penalty and yet another goal from Mason Greenwood got us the points.

--

psv.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Ramos, Vaca, Gvardiol, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Hannibal), Afanasjev, Fernandes, Rashford* (Kerr), Malen

Marcus Rashford returned to the starting eleven and he starred here with 2 goals but unfortunately he also picked up an injury and will be out for around a month. Afanasjev scored a screamer from outside the box.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Gervasio, Ramos, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Juninho), Adli (Fernandes), Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro, Desmet*, Greenwood

We were back in amongst the goals here as Wolves were hit for 6. Greenwood scored a double, Desmet put in a star performance with a goal and 2 assists and my little pet project, Afanasjev came off the bench to score yet again!

--

SUMMARY

The bandwagon keeps on rolling here as we won every match and dished out a few hidings to boot. We put 4 past Spurs and Chelsea and then 6 past Wolves with Mason Greenwood scoring a bucket load and all that means we have opened up a 7pt lead at the top of the table and are averaging over 3 goals a game in the league.

Still not liking managing Man Utd lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASON GREENWOOD
MASON.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

1615019917314.png

Sir Alex Ferguson

Manager of Man Utd when they won the 2 Champions Leagues in 1999 and 2008, Ferguson is one of the all time football manager greats. At Man Utd (1986-2013) he also won 13 league titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 league cups, 10 Community Shields, the European Cup-Winners Cup, a European Super Cup, an Intercontinental Cup and a Club World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!

--

DECEMBER

everton.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Hannibal), Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood

Not acceptable. To be 2-0 up and cruising to drawing the match and clinging on to a point is just not on.

--

boro.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Gervasio*, Ramos, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Hannibal), Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro, Desmet, Malen (Kerr)

I was forced to rest a few players here but it didnt affect the result as we won easily which is particularly pleasing considering Mason Greenwood was one of the players who was missing.

--

donetsk.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Ramos, Vaca (Dautovic), Harwood, Cabrera (Juninho), Hannibal, Afanasjev, Fernandes, Desmet*, Malen (Kerr)

With us already having won the group I rested as many players I could here and my backups did a fine job.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos*, Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood (Malen)

This is becoming a thing now. We battered Leicester here, who scored in the last minute with their only shot on target. We had a goal disallowed and peppered their goal yet we draw. Pathetic really.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
brentford.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Ramos, Vaca, Harwood (Dautovic), Hannibal, Juninho, Afanasjev, Fernandes (Bowden), Desmet (Kerr*), Malen

Young Scottish striker David Kerr announced himself to the football world here with a stunning hat-trick after coming off the bench to send us into the semis. He also had one disallowed.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Ramos, Gvardiol, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan*, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood (Malen)

Two 2nd half goals from Ali Hassan saved us here but we shouldnt have needed saving as once again our opponents only shot on goal went in!

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio*, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

Our struggles continue here as we missed some glorious chances to win this match. At least we didnt lose I suppose.

--

SUMMARY

We were poor this month and only really played well when I rested my first team! In the league despite having decent fixtures on paper we drew 3 and won 2 of our 5 matches which sees our lead at the top cut down to 4pts. We are struggling to score goals and conceding with our opponents not having to take many shots which is a worry but on the other hand we didnt lose any matches.

In the Carabao Cup a hat-trick from young David Kerr put us into the semis where we will play Chelsea while in the Champions League we have been drawn against Atletico Madrid which is a decent enough tie. Aston Villa will be our opponents in the FA Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN GERVASIO
gervasio.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

1615032832735.png

George Best

Best scored what proved to be the winning goal in the 1968 European Cup final against Benfica. The Northern Ireland international was a football genius and played for Man Utd between 1963-74 and in 361 apps he scored 137 goals.

--

JANUARY

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood*, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan, Mortellaro (Afanasjev), Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

This was an even match which was turned in our favour when I made my substitutions and moments later Marcus Rashford gave us the lead.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
villa.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Ramos, Vaca (Dautovic), Harwood, Hannibal, Cabrera (Juninho), Afanasjev, Fernandes, Rashford, Malen (Kerr*)

This is a meeting of 2 of my most hated teams lol. We got the win though when David Kerr came off the bench to score with 2min to go.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
chelsea.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Ramos, Gvardiol, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan, Mortellaro (Afanasjev), Desmet*, Greenwood

We have a small advantage heading into the 2nd leg but with their away goal it is still very much in the balance. The big moment came moments after Chelsea scored when they had a disallowed goal.

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Ramos, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro (Harwood), Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood*

Fantastic. We were superb here - especially in the first half when we scored 5 goals! Greenwood got a hat-trick, Hassan got a double and it was also a memorable debut for Adilson.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Hannibal), Hassan (Afanasjev), Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood*

Mason Greenwood may get all the headlines with his 2 goals and MOM performance but we only looked like winning after I put on Afanasjev and he immediately put us in front and then assisted the 2nd goal.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet (Malen), Greenwood

After 14 games unbeaten in the league we are sent crashing back down to earth with our defeat here. It was an even match but they nabbed the lead but then they had a man sent-off and we just didnt do anything to trouble them really but in the last minute Malen scored but it was disallowed and then they went up the other end of the pitch and scored a 2nd to kill us off.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
wolves.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan*, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood

Disappointing but at least we didnt lose! I have to say that Mortellaro and Gustavo Santos have been really poor of late and really need to step things up.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
1-1.png

Lineup - Acosta*, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio (Ramos), Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Cabrera, Afanasjev, Mortellaro, Desmet (Kerr), Greenwood

We sneak into the final here as Chelsea battered us to be honest. We took the lead in the 3rd minute when Desmet finished but it was short lived as we were pegged back within 2min. They kept coming at us but my keeper played a blinder and we just about managed to hold on.

--

SUMMARY

Overall we have had a decent January with just the one major down side. In the league we beat Arsenal 2-0 away which was a great result and followed that up by thrashing Fulham 7-0 and then Man City 3-0 which was superb but then we lost to 10 man Liverpool which was a big blow. We are 2pts clear of Liverpool with a game in hand so there is still work to be done.

In the FA Cup we edged out Aston Villa but have been taken to a replay against Wolves and in the Carabao Cup we will play Leicester City in the final after edging out Chelsea 3-2 on aggregate.

Regarding the transfer market I sold Victor Tsygankov to a Chinese club for £4.3m when he came back from his loan spell and then I splashed the cash! The board gave me more money so I went out and spent £83m on a brand new left back!!!! Adilson came in from Wolves and he will compete with Harwood who has done nothing wrong at all but I didnt really have a backup LB so that was a position that I needed to strengthen.
adilson.png

My DOF then made a move for a young Scottish keeper so I just went along with it - Danny Cairns came in for £5.25m from Hibs.
cairns.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASON GREENWOOD
greenwood.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1615041514382.png

Sir Bobby Charlton

Scorer of 2 goals in the European Cup final in 1968, Charlton was part of the "Busby Babes" side of the late 1950s and he survived the Munich Air crash. He played for Man Utd for 17 years (1956-73) and made 606 appearances and scored 199 goals.

--

FEBRUARY

burnley.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos, Adli (Fernandes), Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet*, Greenwood

Mason Greenwood moves up to 30 goals for the season with his double here.

--

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
4-0.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Gervasio (Dautovic), Ramos, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Hannibal), Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro (Juninho), Greenwood, Malen*

I would have preferred to have done this in the first leg naturally but the whole team played well here and Mortellaro and Gustavo Santos looked decent.

--

newcastle.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio*, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Afanasjev, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood

******* GET IN!!!!!!!!!!

The Geordie Boys pick up a great win to move up to 7th in the table and the Man Utd manager is delighted!!!!!

(Newcastle are now managed by Brendan Rodgers btw and their goalscorer is a regen who I had on my shortlist for a good while but didnt move for him when I saw Newcastle were the side who bid for him!)

--

wba.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Fernandes), Adli, Afanasjev*, Hassan, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

This was our game in hand and we won it to take our place back on top of the league by 2pts. Gennady Afanasjev was the hero as he bagged a hat-trick.

--

BRIGHTON.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos, Cabrera (Hannibal), Afanasjev, Hassan, Desmet, Greenwood*

Back to back 3-0 victories. Greenwood scored a double and Desmet also nicked one.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
atletico.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Ramos), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Afanasjev, Hassan (Fernandes), Desmet, Greenwood

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sure we have 2 away goals but the risk of having another year as manager here is not an option! Cifuentes, their striker, is on loan from Chelsea and looks like a world beater and he scored a hat-trick. We must raise our game at Old Trafford in the 2nd leg.

--

SUMMARY

Until our last match this was a perfect month! We progressed in the FA Cup after thumping Wolves while in the league we won 3-0 against Brighton, WBA and Burnley but most importantly lost 1-0 to Newcastle lol. We are still top of the league despite that defeat but only by 2pts.

In the Champions League however we led twice away to Atletico Madrid but ultimately lost 3-2 so while we do have 2 away goals all the pressure is on us to get a result in the 2nd leg.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MASON GREENWOOD
MG.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

20210306175443_1.jpg

Let's hope you can get out of the Man Utd job fast!! Finally got my second Champions League this time with Barca. Looking like the Liverpool or Juventus job could be next!!

1615046811142.png

Brian Kidd

Scorer of the 4th goal in the 1968 European Cup final on his 19th birthday he spent 7 years between 1967-74 and he played 203 times and scored 52 goals. He was later the clubs assistant manager under Alex Ferguson.

--

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
leicester.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Vaca*, Ramos (Dautovic), Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Cabrera (Fernandes), Afanasjev, Hassan, Rashford (Kerr), Malen

The Carabao Cup is ours after we beat Leicester in a 5 goal thriller. We fell behind early doors but Malen equalised on the stroke of half-time. We were soon ahead in the 2nd half as Hassan scored and we looked to have done enough until Pessina levelled for Leicester 2min into stoppage time. We went into extra-time and it was young David Kerr who was the hero as he struck to win us the cup.

We were without 7 first choice players here so I am extremely happy to win this final.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
MKD.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Vaca, Ramos (Dautovic), Harwood, Hannibal, Cabrera (Juninho), Afanasjev*, Fernandes, Rashford (Owen), Malen (Kerr)

MK Dons are in the Championship and they should also be in the FA Cup quarter-finals as they were by far the better side here. We were a goal down and heading out but we got a penalty which Fernandes tucked away and then in extra-time Afanasjev headed home the winner.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan, Montellaro, Desmet, Greenwood*

What a performance this was - highlighted by the fact that I didnt make a substitution! We scored 8 goals with Greenwood getting 4 plus having one disallowed. Mortellaro scored twice which was a bonus too!

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos (Hannibal), Adli, Afanasjev, Fernandes*, Desmet, Greenwood (Kerr)

We get revenge on Leeds after they defeated us earlier this season and it was my 2 wingers who got the goals with Afanasjev scoring twice and he now has 16 goals for the season in all competitions which is not bad for a backup RW!!!!!

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Acosta*, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan (Afanasjev), Fernandes, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

We were lucky to win this one and the fact that my keeper got the MOM award says it all really. Spurs are currently without a manager and Jurgen Klinsmann is the favourite to take over - he is the current manager of Feyenoord.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
1-0.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio (Ramos), Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan*, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

THATS WHY I SPENT £150m ON HIM!!!!!

Ali Hassan rescued me here with a last minute goal to send us into the next round. We deserved to win but by all match I was fearing that I was going to have another season here which would kill me.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
barnsley.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Casey, Ramos (Dautovic), Vaca, Harwood, Hannibal, Cabrera (Juninho), Afanasjev, Fernandes, Rashford (Kerr), Malen*

Despite fielding a backup side we trounce Barnsley to march into the semis. Hannibal scored 2 fine goals and Malen got a hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

We won every match this month which included us picking up the Carabao Cup after defeating Leicester City 3-2 after extra-time. We also racked up some huge scorelines after thumping Southampton 8-0 in the league and Barnsley 7-1 in the cup. However, the biggest victory of all was against Atletico Madrid when Ali Hassan struck in the last minute to send us through to the quarter-finals.

In those quarter-finals we have been drawn to play against my old side Borussia Dortmund so that will be a tough tie and in the FA Cup we will play Bournemouth in the semis.

The youth intake was average.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALI HASSAN
HASSAN.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MARCH.png

1615112975061.png

Teddy Sheringham & Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

These 2 scored the stoppage time goals that beat Bayern Munich in the 1999 UEFA Champions League final. Sheringham played 104 times for Man Utd and scored 31 goals while Solskjaer appeared 235 times and scored 95 goals.

--

APRIL

birmingham.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet, Greenwood*

Goals galore once again and this win is particularly pleasing because Birmingham are chasing my beloved Newcastle for a European spot so this gives them a bit more breathing space.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
dortmund.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio (Ramos), Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan*, Mortellaro, Desmet, Malen

Fantastic. We were rocked before the match with news of an injury to Mason Greenwood but that didnt overly affect us as his backup, Malen, came into the side and scored twice. However it was Ali Hassan who shone the brightest with a fantastic hat-trick. Their 3 away goals is a bit of a worry though!

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Acosta*, Stefancic, Vaca, Ramos, Adilson, Hannibal, Cabrera (Juninho), Afanasjev, Fernandes (Baldwin), Rashford, Malen (Kerr)

I was taking no chances for the Dortmund game as I rested a load of players and we just about got away with it although I didnt appreciate Adilson scoring an own goal to benefit his former club.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
5-4.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Ramos, Gvardiol (Vaca), Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Juninho), Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Malen*

Absolutely bonkers!!!!

Donyell Malen scored a 3 minute hat-trick to give us an 8-3 aggregate lead and we were on easy street but when they pulled 3 goals back we were a bit twitchy but Malen struck his 4th and Hassan added a 5th. Crazy stuff.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Wan-Bissaka), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood (Ramos), Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan*, Mortellaro, Desmet, Malen

Despite falling behind early doors we are into the final with a 3-1 victory. Hassan assisted 2 goals, had a goal disallowed himself and then went off injured in stoppage time.

--

1-4.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos, Adli, Afanasjev, Mortellaro (Fernandes), Rashford, Greenwood (Malen)

I was just about to type out a huge rant at how pathetic we were here as we are humped at home by Chelsea but then I realised that I am managing Man Utd and they got humped so I should be happy lol.

--

biri.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Dautovic, Ramos, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Juninho), Cabrera, Afanasjev (Malen), Mortellaro*, Rashford, Greenwood

We go back on top of the table with this win on goal difference as we hit Middlesbrough for 5. I rested a couple of players for the all important next match and 4 of the goals came from backups. Cabrera's goal was amazing as he thundered in a long range shot after a fine team move.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
inter.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol (Ramos), Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan*, Mortellaro (Afanasjev), Desmet, Greenwood

Surely we are in the final after this result!!!! We were absolutely superb and rattled in 5 goals with Afanasjev also having one chalked off for offside. Gustavo Santos scored a belter from 30 yards and Greenwood's 2nd was a powerful effort from distance too!

--

SUMMARY

There was one obvious disaster this month as we lost 4-1 at home to Chelsea but other than that it was a great month. We progressed to the FA Cup final where we will play Liverpool and in the Champions League **** just got crazy!!!! We beat Dortmund 5-3 and then 5-4 which is just ridiculous and so we moved onto the semis and we scored another 5 against Inter Milan as we trounced them too!!!!

In the league with 4 games to play we are top on goal difference with a game in hand so the advantage is ours but I wouldnt mind finishing 2nd lol.

Our defeat to Chelsea actually hindered my future plans as it propelled them into the Champions League so if they finish in the top 4 they might not sack their manager so that is a future destination that I have helped but possibly hindered myself. That being said a foreign side appeals next up.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALI HASSAN
ALI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
apr.png

1615129970969.png

Cristiano Ronaldo

Scorer of the goal in the 2008 Champions League final for Man Utd that they won on penalties. He played for Man Utd for 6 years and made 196 apps and scored 84 goals in his time with the club.

--

MAY

sheff utd.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Ramos), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Adilson, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Afanasjev*, Mortellaro, Desmet (Fernandes), Greenwood

If we keep on winning the league will be ours and we got another victory here. Afanasjev scored a brace and he now has 19 for the season in all competitions which is quite incredible for a backup RW!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
milan.png

Lineup
- Acosta, Stefancic (Vaca), Ramos, Gvardiol, Adilson (Harwood), Gustavo Santos, Cabrera, Afanasjev, Mortellaro (Rashford), Desmet, Greenwood

Dont care lol. We are in the final. I have to be honest - I holidayed this match as there was no way we were losing by 4 goals and so it proved to be.

--

5-1.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic (Ramos), Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood*

A great victory and performance as we put 5 past Leicester which not only puts us 1pt away from winning the title but also helos out Newcastle. Greenwood now has 38 league goals which is quite something.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka (Afanasjev), Vaca*, Ramos, Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Cabrera), Adli, Hassan (Rashford), Mortellaro, Desmet, Greenwood

We are all but champions after this result as it will take a goal difference swing of 46 for us to lose the league lol.

--

mouth.png

Lineup - Acosta, Wan-Bissaka, Vaca, Ramos, Harwood, Cabrera, Hannibal (Juninho), Afanasjev*, Fernandes, Rashford, Malen (Kerr)

Yay we won the league lol.

--

FA Cup Final
1-2.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol (Ramos), Harwood, Gustavo Santos (Vaca), Adli (Cabrera), Hassan, Mortellaro, Desmet (Rashford), Greenwood

No domestic treble as we lose to Liverpool and deservedly so as Liverpool were the better side. We took the lead through a Gustavo Santos penalty but my old friend Santamaria struck twice to deny us victory.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
real.png

Lineup - Acosta, Stefancic, Gervasio, Gvardiol, Harwood, Gustavo Santos, Adli (Cabrera), Hassan, Mortellaro (Afanasjev*), Desmet, Greenwood (Kerr)

THANK **** FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a comeback, what a result and what about those substitutions!!!!!!!!! We went 2-0 down early doors and were down and out but the moment when Desmet pulled a goal back we were back in it. After an hour it was still the same and then I threw on Kerr and Afanasjev and the game changed completely. Both of them scored 2 each in a 12 minute period and the trophy is ours.

--

SUMMARY

Man Utd is done!!!!!!!!!!!!! We won the title and the Champions League but lost the FA Cup. I have to be honest I thought about deliberately losing the title so in the end I went on holiday for the last few games in the league campaign to leave it to chance and we won it anyway. I even holidayed the FA Cup final such is my disdain for this club. As for the Champions League I just hoped and prayed that things would work out well and they did as we came back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 with 2 subs, Kerr and Afanasjev being the stars.

Now. Man Utd is over with but I am not done with them - I am staying on for 2 weeks and will transfer list everyone and whatever money I get in those 2 weeks will be spent on goalkeepers. All the staff will be released from their contracts. I want them to crash and burn lol.

Cant be arsed doing an end of season post with this lot - done well enough already! But in a brief review my defenders were excellent, Gustavo Santos disappointed as did Mortellaro while Hassan, Afanasjev, Malen and Greenwood were out of this world!!!!!!

Oh and David Kerr!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GENNADY AFANASJEV
AFANASJEV.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

may.png

Finally I can start reading again... couldn’t read whilst you was United

1615149072683.png

KRIS STUART IS THE NEW AC MILAN MANAGER!!!!!!!

Back I go to Italy! I type this on the (game)day that I am appointed and I thank Carlo Ancelotti for retiring to allow me to take the job. I wasnt short of offers as Marseille, Barcelona and FC Porto all offered me the chance to be their new manager but I felt that this was the best job available and they are my favourite Italian side to boot.

My only worry is that Man Utd appoint Frank Lampard (Bayern Munich) or Antonio Conte (Inter Milan) as their new manager as I feel that they are the only 2 other jobs that would be better than this one at this time in the game.

There is a but however - the squad is simply not good enough and I only have about £40m to spend! Yes we are in the Champions League for the upcoming season but I will need to perform wonders in the transfer market

Here is the squad.........
squad.png

squad2.png

So I have Donnarumma in goal and I am reunited with Michael Crespo (who I sold immediately) and Kluiverth Aguilar.

My best regen to show you is a left back who isnt really a world beater but he is decent...
fabro.png

Basically I have to get rid of half the squad, all of the old players and hope that I can find replacements for them. With just over a month until our first game of the season the heat is well and truly on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

WHY AM I HERE?

They have won the European Cup/Champions League no less than 7 times in 1963, 1969, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003 & 2007! Only Real Madrid have won the title more times than AC Milan,​

View attachment 543731
Let's hope you can get out of the Man Utd job fast!! Finally got my second Champions League this time with Barca. Looking like the Liverpool or Juventus job could be next!!

2 down - 21 to go! I just thought that if a new team wins the Champions League this season another destination will be added - PSG or Man City for instance

1615309689748.png

PRE-SEASON

So here I am - manager of AC Milan - with a squad on paper at least - nowhere near good enough to win the Champions League. Sure my squad is stronger than my Hamburg side that was triumphant but unless we gel brilliantly as a team or get a very kind series of draws in the knockout rounds I think I will be here for more than just the single season.

With that in mind I have rebuilt the squad and have an extremely young squad filled with u23 players but with a sprinkling of experienced quality on top. My side has pace to burn so that will be worked on to exploit and as ever I have technically gifted players. Lets just see how we go!!!!

Regarding the thoughts of being here for more than a season - that is just where I am at at the save at this point in time but that is no bad thing. Sure Chelsea, Bayern and Inter should be one season wonders but then we are into Ajax, PSV, Porto, Benfica etc it will be multiple seasons required to do the business.

Before I show you the transfers I should point out that I have played the first game of the season and have went past the transfer deadline and into September. Our Champions League group was very favourable as we will play Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk and Besiktas.
1615313802955.png
1615313823092.png
1615313857264.png
1615313877434.png

--

TRANSFERS
TRANSFERS.png

PLAYERS OUT

All the old guys who were 30 or over (Donnarumma and Gouiri apart) are gone and that saved a load of money on big wages etc. They werent part of my long term plans so they had to go. Thats it really. I ended up raking in £40m which was ok.

--

PLAYERS IN

Now this is where I really had to work and spot the talent and at a reasonable price too plus I couldnt sign any non-EU players which made things even more difficult. I bought 6 players for the first team including a few bargains.

On deadline day I strengthened my CB position by bringing in Roberto Casagrande from Sampdoria for £35m. At 24y/o he has got a good blend of experience and a chance to improve in the future. He is quick enough and quite strong and a decent passer of the ball so I have high hopes for him.
CASAGRANDE.png

My most important signing was that of 18y/o Greek wonderkid Georgios Stafidas. He will be my first choice RW and should be a world beater in the future and £22m is a decent fee to pay for someone of his quality.
stafidas.png

Nikolai Gamsgro came in from Lille for £16.5m to add a bit of depth at CB although his favoured position is as a DMC. As a midfield player he is very comfortable on the ball but the only worry for him as a CB is the fact that he is only 5ft 7"
gamsgro.png

Luciano Frustaglia shares a birthday with me and therefor he has just turned 20. To get him from Fiorentina for just £7.5m is a real scoop and he will add strength and depth to my central midfield areas.
frustaglia.png

I think my biggest bargain however is that of 19y/o Slavko Smiljkovic who I signed from Red Star Belgrade for £7m. The only reason I pinched one of my future destination players is that I cant see me being there imminently so it was worth a punt I thought. He is rapid, an excellent dribbler, can finish and is very agile so I think he should develop to be a superstar.
smiljkovic.png

My last signing for the first team was that of Nicolai Moller from Molde for £5.25m. Another 19y/o so he has plenty of room to develop, he can pass the ball, got a good engine on him and overall looks a player.
MOLLER.png

My other 2 signings were for the youth team.

--

SQUAD/AIMS FOR THE SEASON

So as you know by now I have a very, very young squad and it all depends on how they gel however in theory they should develop together and we can only get stronger. I have a world class keeper in Donnarumma while my first choice defence should be Aguilar, Casagrande, Eklund and Fabbro. At CM Di Giuseppe looks a player and has been capped by Italy while I think Tedesco will partner him but I have plenty of other options. Stafidas will play RW, Naci Unuvar LW and Scala AMC will be my attacking midfield 3 while it will be between Gouiri and Smiljkovic to be left to battle it out for the strikers position.

As for aims for the season the board expect me to win the title despite the fact that AC Milan havent won the league in any of the 11 seasons that have been played so far. That being said I will go for it naturally however it is the Champions League that is the ultimate aim naturally but I fear that that will be a tad unrealistic.​

1615575598466.png

1963 European Cup Final - AC Milan 2-1 Benfica

--

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

LAZIO.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar, Eklund, Gamsgro, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe, Tedesco (Crespo), Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unuvar, Smiljkovic* (Motti)

Not a bad way to introduce yourself to your new club - both for me and Smiljkovic. As a club we go to Lazio who finished 3rd last season and turned them over while Smiljkovic got his debut due to an injury to Gouiri and he rattled in a terrific first-half hat-trick in an unbelievable performance.

--

inter.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas (Andreoletti), Scala*, Naci Unuvar, Smiljkovic (Gouiri)

Normally this would be a decent point but to concede an equaliser in the 5th minute of stoppage time thanks to a dubious penalty makes me think otherwise.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
benfica.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Crespo), Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala (Morozov), Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Meh. I have to be honest - I think we are at Benfica's level tbh or maybe just a tad above so this is a decent point. I think lol.

--

torino.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund*, Casagrande, Omeragic (Gamsgro), Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

An early Smiljkovic goal was enough for us to get the points here but we were a tad lucky to get the 3pts as Torino missed a host of chances but Donnarumma kept them out thankfully.

--

parma.png

Lineup - Donnarumma*, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Tedesco (Crespo), Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unavar, Smiljkovic

A nice victory. Scala put us in front with a penalty and soon after Smiljkovic tucked another goal away - if he keeps on scoring he will keep on playing as Gouiri is waiting in the wings on the substitution bench.

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe*, Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala (Morozov), Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Another win as Scala scores again and young Stafidas got the winner and his first goal for the club which should give him a massive confidence boost. It was a fine goal too!.

--

besiktas.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Crespo*, Stafidas (Motti), Naci Unavar (Morozov), Gouiri, Smiljkovic

A comfortable win as we beat the Turkish side comfortably to really get our Champions League campaign going. Gouiri started for the first time this season and struck twice which gives me food for thought but Smiljkovic also scored so no changes are required.

--

SUMMARY

I have had a fine start to my career as AC Milan manager as we are sitting pretty on top of Serie A and have had a decent start to our Champions League campaign too but it is still early days. Smiljkovic has certainly hit the ground running as the young Serbian has scored 8 goals in his first 9 games and is therefor keeping the more experienced Gouiri out of the side.

I am still learning about my players etc and I have definitely realised that I need better backup on the bench for the midfield positions!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SLAVKO SMILJKOVIC
slavko.png

--

SERIE A
sep.png

Last edited:
1615576217286.png

1969 European Cup Final - AC Milan 4-1 Ajax

--

OCTOBER

cagliari.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe (Crespo), Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unavar, Smiljkovic*

Smiljkovic was the hero again here as he scored a brace including a last minute winner. He actually had a first half goal disallowed so he missed out on a hat-trick.

--

sassuolo.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco (Frustaglia), Stafidas, Scala (Crespo), Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

We scored a last minute winner in our last game and here we scored 2 in the last 5min to win the match. Our winner was incredibly fortunate as Smiljkovic hit a long range effort which hit the post but bounced back off their diving keepers head and the ball trumbled in.

--

shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Wikman, Gamsgro, Omeragic, Joaozinho*, Moller, Crespo (Frustaglia), Andreoletti, Morozov, Gouiri, Motti

Despite fielding a backup side we won this game very easily. Motti and Andreoletti got the goals as ourselves and Benfica breakaway at the top of the group.

--

chievo.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro*, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas (Andreoletti), Scala, Naci Unavar, Smiljkovic

Smoljkovic just cant stop scoring as he bags another 2 here. Thats now 10 in 8 league games and he has 2 in the Champions League as well!!!!

--

SUMMARY

Things are going well in Milan! We are still unbeaten and already have a 4pt lead at the top of Serie A. We won every match this month but we were reliant on a couple of late match winners to sneak the results so despite deserving the victories we were made to work for them. All is good though! Smiljkovic has certainly hit the ground running and I think I have discovered a new superstar in world football.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SLAVKO SMILJKOVIC
ss.png

--

SERIE A
OCT.png

1615619581365.png

1989 European Cup Final - AC Milan 4-0 Steaua Bucharest

--

NOVEMBER

genoa.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Frustaglia), Tedesco*, Smiljkovic, Scala, Naci Unavar, Gouiri

Smiljkovic was moved over to the RW here but even that didnt stop him getting a goal as he fired in from 20 yards. Tedesco opened the scoring for us with his first ever goal for the club.

--

4-0.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Wikman, Eklund, Gamsgro, Joaozinho, Frustaglia (Morozov), Moller, Andreoletti, Crespo*, Gouiri, Motti

Fantastic. Out came my backups and we thumped Shakhtar. Andreoletti struck twice before Morozov came off the bench to score with a free-kick and Crespo thundered in one from distance too. Motti also had one disallowed! This result secures our place in the knockout stages.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Wikman), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas (Andreoletti), Scala, Naci Unavar, Smiljkovic*

This was a thrilling encounter with some stunning goals but none were better than Smiljkovic's 2nd goal as he took the ball on the halfway line, dribbled past several defenders and finished into the bottom corner. He has been immense this season.

--

crotone.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande*, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas (Andreoletti), Scala, Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Smiljkovic was at it again here, fresh after scoring his first goal for Serbia, he got a brace here and had an effort disallowed. He has scored in each of our last 6 league games (10 goals) and only failed to score in 2 Serie A matches so far this season. Aguilar finally returned from injury here.

--

1-1.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala (Crespo), Naci Unavar, Gouiri (Motti)

We should have won this match as we missed a load of chances plus Gouiri had a goal disallowed but hey ho. Providing we beat Besiktas we will top the group unless Benfica win 10-0 or something like that lol.

--

juvetnus.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Gamsgro, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe (Crespo), Tedesco, Stafidas (Andreoletti), Scala, Naci Unavar, Smiljkovic

Our first defeat of the season and I can have no complaints as we just didnt turn up. The fact we were missing a few defenders didnt help but at least Smiljkovic got his customary goal.

--

SUMMARY

Our strong start to the season continued this month although we did lose to Juventus to end our unbeaten Serie A run at 11 matches. We also dropped points against Roma so our lead has been cut down to just 2pts. In Europe we thumped Shakhtar and drew with Benfica so all is good on that front.

It has become glaringly obvious however that we are a one man team!!! Smiljkovic just scores goal after goal after goal and I dread to think where we would be if we didnt have him or if he got injured. My defenders are doing well but my midfielders really need to up their game.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SLAVKO SMILJKOVIC
him.png

--

SERIE A
NOV.png

1615629285681.png

1990 European Cup Final - AC Milan 1-0 Benfica

--

DECEMBER

bologna.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma*, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Crespo), Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala (Morozov), Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Just looking at the result and scorer you would think it was just another regular Serie A outing for us but not so as Bologna deserved at least a point and it was the heroics of Donnarumma that kept them at bay.

--

0-4.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Wikman, Gamsgro, Omeragic, Joaozinho, Moller, Crespo (Frustaglia), Andreoletti*, Morozov, Gouiri, Motti (Angulo)

My backups - and Andreoletti specifically - just love the Champions League it seems! Another 4-0 win as we finish top of the group with Andreoletti scoring 2 more to take his tally up to 5 for the season and all of them have come in the Champions League!

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Gamsgro*, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Frustaglia), Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

NO GOALS FOR SMILJKOVIC!!!!!!!

He had an off day but the rest of the team were spot on. We took the lead from a free-kick 31 yards out from Gamsgro and so it stayed. They had a man sent-off and we made the extra man count with 2 goals in the final 10 min. I tried to make Smiljkovic take the penalty but I didnt react quick enough lol.

--

empoli.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande*, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Tedesco, Stafidas, Scala (Crespo), Naci Unavar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

This was a bottom v top clash and it duly went to form as we won thanks to goals from Smiljkovic and Stafidas. Nice and easy.

--

SUMMARY

We head into 2032 in fine fettle after having a fine December. We won all 4 matches without conceding a goal and on top of that we have extended our lead at the top of Serie A to 7pts so we are looking really strong there. My side has yet to fire in all cylinders and if I could strengthen the side with one or two players that would be great and give us a much needed push for the Champions League but alas I only have £5m to spend!!!!

In the Champions League we will come up against Hertha Berlin so that is a decent draw but it wont be easy as they have some top players.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIANLUIGI DONNARUMMA
DONNARUMMA.png

--

SERIE A
dec.png

1615635753586.png

1994 UEFA Champions League Final - AC Milan 4-0 Barcelona

--

JANUARY

atalanta.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Casagrande, Gamsgro, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe (Frustaglia), Moller, Stafidas, Scala*, Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

We were pretty **** in this match despite the final scoreline. When we went 2-1 up all 3 shots on target in the match had found the net such was the state of the match and we were incredibly lucky to be ahead in truth. Then in the last minute Scala robbed a defender of the ball and broke away to score a 3rd.

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
sassuolo.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aguilar, Eklund (Gamsgro), Omeragic, Joaozinho, Di Giuseppe, Moller (Frustaglia), Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unuvar, Smiljkovic*

We came bursting out of the traps here as we were 4-0 up at half time and although we conceded twice in the 2nd half, Smiljkovic added another for us as we ease into the next round.

--

verona.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar, Eklund, Omeragic, Joaozinho, Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Moller, Stafidas, Scala (Joao), Naci Unuvar (Afanasjev), Smiljkovic*

Nothing to see here - just Smiljkovic doing what he does best and I gave debuts to my 2 recent signings one of which you have seen a few times already at previous clubs.........

--

samp.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aguilar (Eklund), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Moller, Afanasjev, Scala (Joao), Stafidas, Smiljkovic

Despite the narrow scoreline we cruised this match until Tedesco got sent-off just moments after coming off the bench. He has recently been replaced in the side by Moller so this incident hasnt helped his cause greatly.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final
1-0.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar (Wikman), Eklund, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Moller (Frustaglia), Afanasjev*, Scala, Stafidas (Naci Unuvar), Smiljkovic

For the 2nd time in as many weeks we play out a boring, dull and tight match against Atalanta and for the 2nd time we come out on top - this time thanks to a goal from Afanasjev.

--

lazio.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar, Eklund, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe, Moller, Afanasjev, Scala (Naci Unuvar), Stafidas*, Smiljkovic

I dont know what happened here! We battered Lazio and had the lead through a wonderful Moller goal but in the 2nd half we just collapsed and they scored with 3 of their 5 shots on target. One of those days and a horror result.

--

inter.png

Lineup - Allerbeck*, Aguilar (Eklund), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Moller, Afanasjev, Scala, Staidas, Gouiri (Motti)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leading into this match we were rocked with the news that my best 2 players, Donnarumma and Smiljkovic, picked up injuries and would be out for 3 weeks so I thought that we had no chance here but somehow we got the victory. A fluky own goal from Bastoni was enough while my stand-in keeper, Allerbeck, had a great match as he kept Inter at bay.

--

torino.png

Lineup - Allerbeck, Aguilar (Gamsgro), Casagrande, Eklund, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Morozov), Moller (Joao), Afanasjev, Scala*, Naci Unuvar, Gouiri

WHO NEEDS DONNARUMMA, SMILJKOVIC, OMERAGIC AND STAFIDAS????

Well we do but not here as for the first time this season we thrashed a side in a Serie A match. Gouiri scored a hat-trick while Scala scored one and assisted 3 in a terrific individual performance.

--

SUMMARY

A hectic month all told but ultimately it was a successful one - all bar one result that is. In the league we we won 5 including a 6-1 thrashing of Torino and a very fortunate 1-0 away victory over Inter Milan however we did lose 3-1 at home to Lazio which I can just put down as a one off. We end the month 6pts clear with a game in hand so I have to be happy with that.

In the Coppa Italia both Sassuolo and Atalanta were defeated and we will play Juventus in the semis next month.

Now for the transfer news and I took the decision to sell Michael Crespo to Inter Milan for £30.5m in order to bring in one or two players to strengthen my first team. Crespo was a high valued player who didnt really fit into my plans so it made sense to let him go. I earmarked 2 players to spend the Crespo money on but unfortunately one of them rejected me.

The one that didnt however is a familiar face. Gennady Afanasjev. This is the 3rd time I have signed him and I paid £18.5m to rescue him from Man Utd. The Georgian right winger is a fine player and good for a goal so I was delighted to get him to sign up.
afanasjev.png

On the same day I brought in a 16y/o Brazilian who also has an Italian passport. Joao be his name and he joined from Santa Clara for £575,000. He is bound to be a superstar long after I have left AC Milan so it is an early going away present lol.
joao.png

That was it until deadline day and then I made the move to bring in the player that rejected me before but this time I got the deal done. Ezequiel Salerno joined from River Plate for £12.5m and the Argentinian international (also holds an Italian passport which was key) joins to bolster my midfield ranks. At 23y/o he can still improve and he looks like a class act.
SALERNO.png

I then brought in a highly rated young Croatian defender for a pittance and also a 3rd choice keeper. With the young Croatian coming in (see below) I decided to sell Wikman and he joined Cagliari for £3.7m.
ZULJEVIC.png

So with all those changes I think I have made my team stronger. Stafidas moves over to the left wing to allow Afanasjev to ply his trade down the right. Moller had come into the side and done well but Salerno should shine in CM now while Aguilar is now fully fit and playing at RB. The team is all set - I just need Donnarumma and Smiljkovic to return from injury!!!!

I really do like the way we are shaping up and if Salerno can hit the ground running then who knows?

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEJANDRO SCALA
scala.png

--

SERIE A
JAN.png

Great first season with Milan mate. Bit off topic but how have Hertha been on your save considering your're so deep now? Theyve become a serious force on my San Marino save 8 seasons in but haven't had a takeover in game. I know IRL they've had some investments mind