The UEFA Champions League Challenge

Great first season with Milan mate. Bit off topic but how have Hertha been on your save considering your're so deep now? Theyve become a serious force on my San Marino save 8 seasons in but haven't had a takeover in game. I know IRL they've had some investments mind

They are on the fringes of being the top team in Germany. Spend tons of money however dortmund are the highest rated team in the world. I really caught them on a sweet spot and it seems as though they have carried it on.

Hertha just sold a player to Chelsea for £111m and bought his replacement from Chelsea for £30m lol

They haven't won the league yet mind you but I have just noticed that they signed jovovic who was amazing in my Liverpool team

Hamburg are still making a fist of things in my save thankfully but aren't going to win the league anytime soon

1615654701539.png

2003 UEFA Champions League Final - AC Milan 0-0 Juventus

--

FEBRUARY

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
milan.png

Lineup
- Allerbeck, Aguilar (Zuljevic), Casagrande, Eklund, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev (Naci Unuvar), Scala (Motti), Stafidas, Gouiri

For the 2nd time this season Juventus beat us but there wasnt much in this match tbh and I feel that if we had Donnarumma and Smiljkovic fit things would have been different. We still have a chance in the 2nd leg though and thats the main thing.

--

parma.png

Lineup - Allerbeck, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande*, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev (Andreoletti), Scala (Naci Unuvar), Stafidas, Gouiri

A nice and comfortable away trip as we beat Parma. Gouiri and Stafidas struck in the first half and it was a non event from then on really.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
0-0.png

Lineup
- Allerbeck, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev (Motti), Naci Unuvar, Stafidas (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Despite the comeback of Smiljkovic we couldnt get the goal to give us a chance of reaching the final. We deserved to win the game but it was not to be. Juventus are certainly our bogey team!

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Allerbeck, Eklund (Zuljevic), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev*, Scala, Stafidas (Naci Unuvar), Smiljkovic

We return to league action with a hard fought victory over Udinese. Afanasjev was the star of the show with 2 goals while Zuljevic made his Serie A debut.

--

cagliari.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic*, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno (Moller), Afanasjev, Scala, Stafidas (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

5 wins in a row now in the league as we easily beat Cagliari. It was also nice to see Smijlkovic get back on the scoresheet again.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
hertha.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aguilar, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro (Joaozinho), Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Salerno, Smiljkovic, Scala, Naci Unuvar (Motti), Gouiri*

Wonderful!!!!

Make no mistake we rode our luck here as we hardly had a shot on goal but somehow we came away with the victory thanks to an injury time goal from Gouiri. This was very much like our 3-1 defeat to Lazio in the league but this time we came out on top.

--

0-1.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Salerno (Moller), Smiljkovic, Scala, Naci Unavar (Afanasjev), Gouiri

Absolutely pathetic! We were truly awful here and deservedly lost the match against lowly Sassuolo. This was also the first time this season that we have failed to score in the league. Definitely a day to forget.

--

SUMMARY

A so so month. In the league we won 3 games but inexplicably lost 1-0 to Sassuolo at the end of the month which was a day to forget but with the 3 victories we are still looking strong as we are 6pts clear with a game in hand. Our domestic dominance doesnt reach out to the Coppa Italia as Juventus knocked us out 1-0 on aggregate in the two legged affair.

The Champions League is where the heart is though and we pulled off a great result as we defeated Hertha Berlin 2-1 away although we didnt really deserve that result but by god I will take it!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BECIR OMERAGIC
omeragic.png

--

SERIE A
FEB.png

1615667515023.png

2007 UEFA Champions League Final - AC Milan 2-1 Liverpool

--

MARCH

chievo.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande (Gamsgro), Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno (Moller), Afanasjev, Scala (Naci Unuvar), Stafidas, Smiljkovic

This was a weird performance. We certainly dominated the game but out of our 17 shots on goal only 2 were on target and one of those that were on target was my late penalty winner from Stafidas!

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev, Scala (Naci Unuvar), Stafidas, Smiljkovic*

Our first meeting against Napoli this season and it saw the return to goalscoring form for Smiljkovic who scored twice to reach the 30 goal tally for the season.

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Donnarumma*, Eklund, Gamsgro, Omeragic, Joaozinho, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno (Frustaglia), Afanasjev (Motti), Naci Unuvar, Gouiri, Smiljkovic

I took the opportunity to rest 4 of my players for the all important Hertha Berlin match and it didnt seem to affect us negatively. We werent great but we won in the end.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
berlin.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno (Tedesco), Afanasjev (Gouiri), Scala*, Stafidas, Smiljkovic

Job done. This was an entertaining affair in which we edged it. We scored 3 good goals and had 1 disallowed and always had Hertha at arms length.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Aguilar), Salerno (Gamsgro), Afanasjev (Gouiri), Naci Unuvar, Stafidas, Smiljkovic*

A magnificent result this as we move 12pts clear at the top of Serie A. Roma could so easily have got a point but we took our chances and l and behold it was Smiljkovic who shone with his 2 goals. The league is all but over now as we arent going to throw this lead away!

--

SUMMARY

We go into the penultimate month of the season with the league all but wrapped up and that is hugely important as it means that I can rest my players for the upcoming Champions League fixtures which I have found in the past to be a huge advantage. In the quarter-finals we have been given the easiest draw we could have asked for - TSG Hoffenheim!!!!! We surely should knock them out having eliminated Hertha this month and they are much better.

In other news Antonio Conte has finally left Inter Milan!!!! He was sacked and so the Inter job has become available for the first time but alas this time it is not for me. Well not unless they dont appoint anyone until the end of the season and I win the Champions League here that is lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SLAVKO SMILJKOVIC
SMILJKOVIC.png

--

SERIE A
MAR.png

1615705970750.png

Paolo Maldini

--

APRIL

juve.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno, Afanasjev (Naci Unuvar), Scala, Stafidas*, Smiljkovic

At the 4th time of asking this season we finally get one over on Juventus. There was a crazy 8min spell in the first half when they were awarded a penalty which Donnarumma saved, then VAR ruled out another penalty before we got given a penalty which put us in front!!! Stafidas then scored twice and although they pulled a goal back it doesnt dampen our spirits.

Afanasjev got injured though and will miss a couple of weeks.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
tsg.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Tedesco), Salerno, Stafidas*, Scala (Gouiri), Naci Unuvar, Smiljkovic

That should be good enough to see us into the semis!!! We were terrific here and fully deserved the win however they had 2 goals disallowed which would have changed everything!!!

--

2-3.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic (Gamsgro), Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Stafidas, Scala (Joao), Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Napoli have recently appointed Sebastian Giovinco as their new manager and he got his first win here although they didnt really deserve it. We played quite well but some defensive lapses and general tiredness in our play caught us out. We move on.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
hoff.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno (Frustaglia), Stafidas, Scala, Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

Meh. Disappointing to lose naturally but we are through to the semis and it is the bigger picture that counts. Scala missed a penalty which would have drawn us level but hey ho.

--

bologna.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno (Tedesco), Stafidas*, Scala, Naci Unuvar (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

This win secures our place in the Champions League for next season and as a result I have been handed a £60m transfer kitty. Hopefully I wont be around to spend it! lol.

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Stafidas, Scala, Gouiri (Morozov), Smiljkovic*

We are now 1 win away from claiming the Serie A title after this result as Smiljkovic scored twice to take him up to 32 league goals this season.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
liverpool.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eklund (Aguilar), Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Naci Unuvar), Salerno (Gamsgro), Afanasjev, Scala, Stafidas, Smiljkovic*

SLAVKO SMILJKOVIC THE SERBIAN SUPERSTAR!!!!!

My 20y/o wonderkid put Liverpool to the sword here as he scored a wonderful hat-trick to propel us to victory. To score 4 goals past Liverpool is quite an achievement but I just hope and pray that the 2 away goals wont prove to be costly.

--

SUMMARY

I am buzzing at the moment as we sail into the final month of the season full of confidence and most importantly playing really well. We are 2pts away from winning the Serie A title and most importantly we have one foot in the final of the Champions League after defeating Liverpool 4-2. Liverpool were the better side in our match together however the wonderful Smiljkovic scored a hat-trick to give us the advantage.

My young side are developing brilliantly. Smiljkovic is rattling in the goals, Salerno has added a bit of creative quality in the central midfield, my defense are doing well and we have the colossus that is Donnarumma in goal!!!!

Beyond my first XI though we are struggling a bit lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GEORGIOS STAFIDAS
stafidas.png

--

SERIE A
APRIL.png

How has mateusz musialowski turned out in this save?

Not very good then 😂 Hopefully with the right amount of training he can come good on my save

1615727367300.png

Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten & Frank Rijkaard

--

MAY

empoli.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aguilar, Gamsgro*, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe, Salerno, Afanasjev (Motti), Scala (Joao), Stafidas (Gouiri), Smiljkovic

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We collect the Serie A title with a narrow victory over Empoli and how fitting it is that Slavko Smiljkovic scored the goal that clinched the title.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
1-2.png

Lineup - Donnarumma*, Eklund, Casagrande, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Moller, Salerno (Naci Unuvar), Afanasjev, Scala, Stafidas, Smiljkovic (Gouiri)

We reach the final 5-4 on aggregate despite losing this match. They took the lead through Santamaria early on and I was worried but Smiljkovic soon levelled and I was much happier. They took the lead and only needed one more goal to win the tie and that was when Donnarumma performed heroics to keep them out and send us through.

--

sdd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar, Eklund, Gamsgro, Fabbro, Moller (Frustaglia), Tedesco, Andreoletti, Morozov (Joao), Naci Unuvar, Gouiri (Motti)

Meh. I will rest my first team players for the final few games of the season so the results arent really important with the league title having already been won.

--

crotone.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar (Zuljevic), Guyot, Gamsgro*, Scalia, Moller, Tedesco, Andreoletti, Morozov (Joao), Naci Unuvar, Gouiri (Motti)

I gave debuts to Guyot and Scalia here as we won fairly easily. Moller had a goal disallowed while Morozov picked up an injury unfortunately.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar (Zuljevic), Guyot, Gamsgro, Scalia, Moller (Frustaglia), Tedesco*, Andreoletti, Joao, Naci Unuvar (Motti), Gouiri

--

samo.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aguilar, Guyot, Gamsgro, Scalia (Joaozinho), Moller (Frustaglia), Tedesco, Andreoletti, Joao, Naci Unuvar (Motti), Gouiri

Not the best of ways to end the season as we go down to Sampdoria. However I dont really care lol. Its all about our next match after all!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Final
man city.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma*, Eklund, Casagrande, Omeragic, Fabbro, Di Giuseppe (Moller), Salerno, Afanasjev (Gouiri), Scala (Naci Unuvar), Stafidas (Motti), Smiljkovic

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This final had plenty of ups and downs thats for sure! Firstly we were awarded a reprieve when Geraldo had a goal disallowed for them and then we were in ecstasy when Stafidas put us in front. Then in the 2nd half Geraldo had another goal disallowed and all we had to do was hold on but alas Geraldo was not to be denied as he levelled late on to take the game into extra-time.

We then had a great chance to win the match outright when we were awarded a penalty but Gouiri put the spot kick past the post so we went to penalties. Gouiri did manage to score this time as he was first up but Naci Unuvar missed our 2nd. All the rest were scored until Donnarumma saved their 5th, Motti then scored for us and Donnarumma was then the hero yet again as he saved their next penalty to give us the trophy.

--

SUMMARY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What a final month we had. We secured the title - not that that was ever in doubt but we did it by beating Empoli and that therefor meant we could rest all of my players for the Champions League matches.

First of all we had to deal with Liverpool and we duly did as although we lost 2-1 we went through 5-4 on aggregate but we had to rely on our 2 best players, Donnarumma and Smiljkovic, to get past them!

That set us up with the final against Man City and we were put through all the emotions there. They had 2 goals disallowed, we took the lead, they levelled late on, we missed a penalty in extra-time, we also missed the first penalty in the shoot-out but Donnarumma saved their 5th and 6th and the Champions League was ours!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIANLUIGI DONNARUMMA
GD.png

1615739355512.png

END OF SEASON POST

I have had a glorious year in Milan but tbh I am kinda sad that it has been cut short lol as I have built a really good young side and with another summer I would like to think that I could take them to where Dortmund are now after I have left! No room for such sentiments in this save however and off I go to pastures new after our successes.

I spent around £175m on the squad overall which wasnt a lot tbh and the players I signed although better than my Hamburg side that conquered Europe, I didnt think that they were good enough this season but I was wrong although by god everything went our way regarding lady luck!!!!

Firstly though I will review the Serie A campaign. Milan finished 4th last season and havent won the title since this save started but when I came to the club the board expected me to win the title and we duly did! We only drew 2 matches but won 30 and we clinched the title by 10pts. Despite our compete dominance in the league we werent thrashing teams like my Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona sides. So much so that in a 38 game season my teams have scored 50 league goals more in the past!!!!!!!!!!

We started off with an 11 game unbeaten run before Juventus beat us and then for the rest of the season we would put a string of 4 or 5 victories together before losing. The constant accumulation of victories meant that nobody could catch us.

In the Coppa Italia we failed to win it as Juventus knocked us out in the semi-finals 1-0 on aggregate and they went on to win it against Roma.

Now for the Champions League. Going into the season I thought that we would qualify for the group stage and then rely on a kind draw to get us close if we were to have a chance to conquer and by god that is what happened. We won our group stage, albeit level on points with Benfica and then we got 2 very kind draws as we knocked out Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim.

That set us up with a tie against against Liverpool and we turned them over 4-2 at home to set us up for the 2nd leg where we needed Donnarumma to get the MOM award as although we lost 2-1 we managed to sneak through on aggregate.

Then there was the final against Man City. Now they had a better side than us but they had a shocking season and only finished 7th in the Premier League so we went into the match with a fully fit squad full of confidence. I have described the game already but our victory on penalties was as sweet as it comes and means that I have won the last 4 Champions Leagues and have 8 in total!!!!!

--

SERIE A
final.png

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers
- None of my success would have been possible had I not had the best goalkeeper in the world - Gianluigi Donnarumma. He only missed 5 games but came up big time and time again in the crucial matches including putting in MOM performances in the 2nd leg of our Champions League semi-final against Liverpool and then the final against Man City where he saved 2 penalties. David Allerbeck had a few appearances too.

Defenders
- I had such a strong group of defenders. My biggest signing was that of CB Roberto Casagrande as he joined from Sampdoria. He did very well and struck up a good partnership with Omeragic who also had a fine season. Simon Eklund also played regularly both as a CB and a RB while Nikolai Gamsgro was one of my signings in the summer and he filled in well and his 1 goal was an amazing free-kick from distance.

At RB I had every intention of playing Aguilar but injuries scuppered that so Eklund ended up playing there and over on the other side I had 2 terrific young Brazilians in Fabbro and Joaozinho who both impressed and have huge futures ahead of them.

I am ashamed to admit that it want until we won the league that I noticed that I had a hot prospect in the shape of Roberto Scalia in the youth ranks waiting to come in. I played him 3 times towards the end of the season but he should have featured more.

Midfielders - At CM we werent that great tbh. Di Giuseppe played almost all of the games but he didnt score a single goal which is not good enough but he did get 10 assists which kinda makes up for that. Tedesco started as his partner and he was ok, then Moller came into the side in January but it wasnt until I signed Salerno that I had an adequate partner for him.

Stafidas, the Greek wonderkid, started the seaosn on the RW before switching sides in January and he had a fine season as 13 goals and 16 assists show. He moved over to the left when I signed Afanasjev from Man Utd and he came in and did well although he wasnt as spectacular as he was at my previous clubs. Naci Unuvar started the season as my LW and he had an average season as he flitted in from the LW spot and AMC.

Scalia was my main man at AMC and although he is a quality player his lack of goals was a detriment to him but overall he had a decent signing.

A special mention goes out to Moreno Andreoletti who hardly played but he scored 5 goals in the group stages of the Champions League and also twice in the league towards the end of the season.

Forwards
- Now to the bargain of the save so far!!!! I paid a paltry £7m to bring him in from Red Star Belgrade and initially he was going to be my backup striker behind Gouiri but on the opening day of the season Gouiri was injured so Smiljkovic came in and he scored a hat-trick and he was never dropped from then on in. He scored 43 goals in as many games which is quite astonishing for a 20y/o.

Gouiri was an adequate replacement and he also played on the LW while Motti was 3rd choice and really only made sub appearances.

My Player of the Season - Gianluigi Donnarumma
My Young Player of the Season - Slavko Smiljkovic
Must Do Better - Naci Unuvar
Donkey of the Year - Kluiverth Aguilar

--

SUMMER PLANS

Following the Champions League final Man City sacked Vincent Kompany so if they appoint a big name then an opportunity will open up there. Zidane got sacked as Man Utd but I have already been there so that isnt an option. The Euros are coming up so maybe after that an opportunity will come up.

Wow, what a save this is! Your win percentage must be 99.9% I've never known anything like it!

I have won the Champions League every time I have entered it and won every league title when I have had a full season but I have lost a few cups. Tbh I have been hopping between the elite teams in Europe so that isnt surprising but in my head I only have 3 jobs left where I feel I can win it at the first go - Inter Milan, Chelsea and Bayern Munich!

1615747710092.png

KRIS STUART IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW CELTIC MANAGER

Well here I am and by god what a hectic summer I have had with the merry-go-round! Get ready for this!!!!!

AC Milan replaced me with Zinedine Zidane who was sacked by Man Utd who replaced him with Mark Van Bommel who left PSV which did interest me but for some reason when I applied for that job at the first opportunity I was told that the interview process was already over! They appointed the Feyenoord manager Henk Fraser so I went in for that job and although they only had a budget of £2m but I thought hey ho I will go in for it.

They naturally jumped at the chance of having me as manager but in between times David Gallego left as manager of Ajax to become manager of Germany after the Euros. So obviously I wanted the Ajax job ahead of the Feyenoord job so I rejected that approach but my plans were scuppered when Ajax for some reason didnt think I was the right man for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully though the Celtic manager, Jose Luis Marti, was appointed as the new Hamburg manager and within a few days I was appointed as their manager!!!!!!!!

Hope that all makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Obviously most of these guys are regens. Morgan Rogers is currently in the England squad which shows his quality, When I saw the name of Romario Baro I got excited but then I realised he is 32 so he is pretty ****. Martinelli is decent but he is 31y/o so that doesnt usually fit into my plans. Tbh the level of the squad is far too good for the SPL but we are only a side good enough for the first round of the Champions League knockouts tops! There is only 2 Scottish players in the first team squad too and that is a ******* disgrace so I will be looking to change that!!!!!

--

AIMS

Well the ultimate aim is there for all to see!!!! However this is a long term project and I vow that unless the jobs of Chelsea, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich come up while they are in the Champions League I will not leave here. I honestly think it will take me 3-5 years to get the ultimate trophy so I have a lot of work ahead of me!

I have an initial £40m transfer kitty to spend so domestically we should rule the roost despite the poor opening matches. Since this save began Celtic have won every single league title bar one but that was a while ago.

I take over with the team having already played 2 matches - a 2-2 draw at home against St.Johnstone and a 2-0 defeat away to Dundee United which is hardly surprising.

--

SPL
TABLE.png

I think it is safe to say that we can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the managers who I am up against...........

Aberdeen - David McCracken

Dundee United - Derek Adams
Hamilton - Darren Ferguson
Hearts - Derek McInnes
Hibernian - Eddie Howe
Livingston - Johann Vogel
Morton - Robbie Neilson
Motherwell - Ian McCall
Partick Thistle - Jack Ross
Rangers - Callum Davidson
St. Johnstone - Colin Cameron

So here I go. In my home country - Scotland having conquered Europe in England, Germany, Italy and Spain. This league is well below my level but it is what it is and if I can sign the right players then who knows? My first transfer window will definitely be based on signing Scottish players though!!!

--

SCOTLAND

Speaking of Scotland - Steve Clarke can **** off!!!! The one international job that I am desperate for has still not come up but after the Euros I cant complain as they knocked out England 1-0 in the first knockout round!! They lost 2-0 to Belgium in the next round.

Attachments

• TABLE.png
    TABLE.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 30
Well played on an unbelievable record, who is the best player in the world on your save?

1615815003287.png

Celtic Park or Parkhead Stadium or whatever you want to call it lol

--

AUGUST

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
hamilton.png

Lineup
- Smart, Juninho, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Aubert, Lopez (Mario Augusto), De ****, Dembele*, Rogers (Knight), Martinelli, Aspinall (Bradley)

This game was played on my birthday, just 2 days after my appointment so it was all a bit of a rush to say the least. I promoted Smart and Bradley to the first team squad and they made their debuts here. We should have scored more though as Martinelli missed TWO first half penalties!!!

--

morton.png

Lineup - Smart, Juninho*, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Aubert, Lopez, De ****, Andrejic, Rogers, Martinelli, Aspinall (Veiga)

Our first league victory of the season and it was a comfortable one. Andrejic got us underway with a debut goal, De **** scored from distance and Martinelli tapped in a 3rd. Veiga came off the bench to make his debut here too.

--

rangers.png

Lineup - Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Aubert, Lopez, De **** (Mario Augusto), Andrejic, Rogers*, Martinelli, Aspinall (Veiga)

We win my first Old Firm derby here and thoroughly deserved to win it too!!! Martinelli had us 2 up at half time and then Rogers scored a fine individual goal to wrap things up. They pulled a goal back but Glasgow is green and white for now!

--

SUMMARY

Right I have tons to get through here what with everything that has been going on! I will start with matters on the pitch and we won all 3 of our matches including a fine 3-1 victory away to Rangers in the Old Firm derby which is not a bad way to introduce yourself to your new supporters!

Regarding the ultimate aim - not that we had any chance of winning it anyway - but the Champions League aint happening this season as we have been put in a group alongside Barcelona, Chelsea and KAA Gent!!!
1615870621184.png
1615870660011.png
1615870676684.png
1615870704105.png

Now for transfers. 3 players were shipped out. Diogo Costa went to Birmingham for £6.75m while I sold my best RB, Juninho, to Aston Villa for £17.5m (£23.5m) in order to raise more money to allow me to strengthen the side. Romario Baro left to go out on loan.

Now for my incomings!!!!

My most expensive signing was that of my new left back on transfer deadline day. Makelele came in from Flamengo for £25m and he will be my first choice. He is pretty quick and should find Scottish football fairly easy I would think!
makelele.png

Vuk Andrejic came in from Red Star Belgrade for £12m and he will be my new RW. The 20y/o wonderkid was on my shortlist from when I was at AC Milan so I made the move to bring him to Scotland. He scored on his debut and I expect big things from the Serbian. Red Star Belgrade have developed some superb wonderkids in this save!!!
andrejic.png

Another deadline day signing is up next. Harvey Dingwall came in from Aberdeen for £8.5m. I actually had him at Liverpool and played him a few times there but he went on to really play at Aberdeen. I wanted more Scottish players in the squad so he fits in that category and will be a backup CM for me.
dingwall.png

Declan Dunn was also signed due to him being Scottish lol. £7.5m was shelled out to Dundee United and he will act as cover for any defensive shortages.
dunn.png

John Agudelo was another deadline day signing. The 18y/o Colombian joined from Boca Juniors for £5.5m and he looks as though he is going to be a world class player. He will compete for the AMC spot.
agudelo.png

Another signing was made because he was Scottish and for registration purposes - Gary Handling joined from Hibernian for £2m. Basically a squad filler but he may get the odd appearance.
handling.png

My first signing is arguably the one I most excited about! Matthew Hill joined from Morton for £700,000 and was the main reason why I sold Juninho. He is just 16y/o but will probably be my first choice RB and alongside Grant in goal and also the young lad Bradley who I promoted to the first team picture - should be part of a Scottish core to this side for years to come!!!
hill.png

Finally I brought in Marcio Veiga from Benfica on a free transfer. Mainly as a squad filler but he looks decent enough and at the very least should bring in a decent profit when he moves on!
veiga.png

So there you have it! I am by no means happy with my squad but it will do a job until January. I have another player coming in then but I fear it will take about 3 seasons to get this side competing for the Champions League. As I have said already I will stay here unless Bayern, Inter, Chelsea or maybe Porto or Benfica become available but it depends. No point going to the Portuguese sides or Ajax or Marseille unless they either have a brilliant squad or tons of money to spend!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GABRIEL MARTINELLI
martinelli.png

--

SPL
aug.png

1615872135540.png

1967 European Cup Final - Celtic 2-1 Inter Milan

--

SEPTEMBER

motherwell.png

Lineup - Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Aubert, Lopez (Mario Augusto), De ****, Andrejic (Dembele), Agudelo, Martinelli, Rogers (Aspinall*)

We were struggling here until I made my substitutions on the 64th minute and it immediately paid off! Dembele quickly scored the opener while Aspinall struck late on twice to give us a comfortable looking victory but it wasnt really.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
gent.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Makelele (Aubert), Lopez, De ****, Andrejic (Dembele), Rogers (Knight), Martinelli, Aspinall*

WOW!!! This was a must win match and while I fancied our chances I didnt think that we would win so easily!!!! Aspinall scored a hat-trick in a terrific individual performance while Martinelli scored with a fine strike from just outside the area. Due to registration issuses Agudelo, Dingwall and Hill are not registered unfortunately.

--

hearts.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Makelele (Aubert), Lopez, De ****, Andrejic*, Agudelo, Martinelli (Rogers), Aspinall (Knight)

16y/o Matthew Hill had a dream debut here as he scored a stunning goal from the edge of the area to make us comfortable. Agudelo picked up his first goal for us too.

--

Betfred Cup Quarter-Final
dundee uts.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski (Francisco), Deronjic, Makelele, Lopez (Knight), De **** (Mario Augusto), Andrejic, Agudelo, Martinelli, Aspinall*

An entertaining match as we gain revenge for the defeat in the league last month although that wasnt under my stewardship naturally. Rangers have been knocked out so we are heavy favourites for the trophy now.

-

partick.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Wlodawski (Francisco), Deronjic, Makelele (Aubert), Lopez*, De ****, Andrejic, Agudelo, Martinelli, Aspinall (Rogers)

A complete performance. Sure it was only against lowly Partick but we didnt even allow them to have a shot on goal such was our dominance. Our first goal was a thing of beauty as Agudelo curled in a shot from 20 yards into the top corner.

--

barcelona.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Makelele, Lopez (Mario Augusto), De ****, Dembele (Knight), Rogers, Martinelli (Atkins), Aspinall

We gave it a good go here and didnt disgrace ourselves at all and missed some brilliant chances but in the end their far superior quality shone through in the end.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a good month as my new players are beginning to gel and learn my formation. It already seems that the Scottish sides wont be able to cope with our fast passing play and with the technique that my players have. We won all of our domestic matches and have reached the semis of the Betfred Cup and will play Championship side Ross County so we should reach the final.

In the Champions League we got off to a perfect start as we thrashed Gent 4-0 to start off our campaign brilliantly however Barcelona brought us back down to earth with a humbling 3-0 defeat. Hey ho.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PHILIP ASPINALL

aspinall.png

--

SPL
sep.png

1615914896426.png

Jock Stein

One of the many great Scottish managers, Stein played for Celtic and then managed them between 1965-78. He won many, many trophies alongside the European Cup with 10 league titles (including 9 in a row), 8 Scottish Cups and 6 League Cups!!!!

--

OCTOBER

hamilton.png

Lineup
- Smart, Hill, Wlodawski, Deronjic*, Makelele (Aubert), Lopez (Knight), De **** (Mario Augusto), Andrejic, Agudelo, Martinelli, Aspinall

Not the best of performances but we got the win and thats all that matters. Agudelo has certainly hit the ground running!!!!!

--

livningston.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski (Francisco), Deronjic, Makelele, Lopez, De ****, Andrejic (Dembele), Agudelo*, Martinelli (Aspinall), Rogers

2 Agudelo penalties got us the victory here and it is now 7 wins in a row in the league now.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson, Wlodawski (Francisco), Deronjic, Makelele, Lopez, De **** (Mario Augusto), Andrejic, Rogers, Atkins, Aspinall (Bradley)

Once again we gave it our best shot but success was never on the cards. Both sides had a goal disallowed but tbh we were lucky to get away with 3-1.

--

aberdeen.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Makelele, Lopez, De **** (Mario Augusto), Andrejic (Knight), Agudelo, Martinelli (Atkins), Aspinall*

This was a tough match and we got the win thanks to a header from our on loan Barbados winger Atkins. We had an early goal disallowed so it could have been so much easier.

--

hibs.png

Lineup - Smart, Hill, Wlodawski, Deronjic, Makelele (Aubert), Lopez (Mario Augusto), De ****, Andrejic, Agudelo*, Martinelli, Aspinall (Atkins)

Another win with another strong performance but we really should have scored more goals but this game came just 2 days after our last match so I can understand that!

--

Betfred Cup Semi-Final
ross co.png

Lineup
- Smart, Ibson (Gray), Francisco, Juan, Aubert, Dingwall, Mario Augusto, Dembele, Knight (Veiga), Atkins (Bradley), Rogers*

I decided to take a slight risk and play my backups here despite it being a semi-final but we won it comfortably with Rogers scoring twice. I gave Gray and Dingwall their debuts here. St. Johnstone will be our opponents in the final.

--

SUMMARY

We had another strong month domestically as we won every game and booked our place in the Betfred Cup final. We have won our last 9 league games but that still doesnt have us sitting on top of the league as Rangers keep on winning too! I would like us to score more goals in the league but that will come in time. Looking at my first XI I would say only Smart, Hill, Deronjic, Agudelo and maybe De **** will be able to stay with me in our journey.

Our Champions League hopes are all but over. Unless we beat Barcelona at home we will have to get a result away against Gent to ensure that we have European football after Christmas in the shape of the Europa League. A far cry from my personal domination of the competition!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOHN AGUDELO
agudelo.png

--

SPL
oct.png