The UFC/MMA Thread

The Icelander

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone watches UFC and if you do who is your favourite fighter?

And also checking if anyonetrain MMA or any martial art at all.

I myself have been doing MMA for 6 months now and it´s really fun, gives you loads of confidence plus it´s great for you body, your posture and cardio.

I didn't really get into UFC until the latest TUF series so I don't know much about it. I've watched the last two UFC's though. Was fun watching Overeem smash Brock Lesnar. Nate Diaz looked pretty amazing too. I've never done MMA training though.

I didn't really get into UFC until the latest TUF series so I don't know much about it. I've watched the last two UFC's though. Was fun watching Overeem smash Brock Lesnar. Nate Diaz looked pretty amazing too. I've never done MMA training though.

Brock Lesnar?! First WWE, then playing for the Minnesota Vikings.......now UFC? What next lol

Overeem is so crazy good, he made Brock look like an amateur boxer, I hate Nick Diaz but he has unreal striking though.

Brock Lesnar?! First WWE, then playing for the Minnesota Vikings.......now UFC? What next lol

Yeah, he isn't the greatest fighter but you don't actually hear of many WWE fighters going into UFC so fair play to him. He retired from it after the Overeem fight though because he got smashed. He's done a lot for UFC though because he fought in WWE, they get loads of WWE fans on pay per view. Lesnar got 400k US for that fight alone which is why UFC will probably try and convince him not too retire.

I only know this much because my brother and his mate are obsessed with ufc.

400 grand for one fight. wow. surprised other wrestlers haven't tried it yet. Though by the sounds of what happened to Brock that would probably put them off lol

Overeem is so crazy good, he made Brock look like an amateur boxer, I hate Nick Diaz but he has unreal striking though.

I've never seen Nick Diaz fight but he's supposedly much better than his brother and his brother is pretty **** good considering he beat Cerrone.

Yeah I meant Nate Diaz haha, but yeah Nick is also very good and basically taught Nate everything he does.

Didn't Brock have a serious illness which kept him out for some time?

Still, that kick from Overeem to the kidney was nasty.

Didn't Brock have a serious illness which kept him out for some time?

Still, that kick from Overeem to the kidney was nasty.

Yeah he had a surgery and took about a year to recover, I think it was something in his intestines.

Yeah he had a surgery and took about a year to recover, I think it was something in his intestines.

Basically they ripped half of his intestines out. Chances are that when his contract runs out, he'll do something part time with the WWE ... he's a sucker for a good paycheck. ;)

Good event last night, wish Diaz got the win though.

Roy is so durable it's funny, too good from Werdum though, big fan.

So who do you guys think would win the fight between Jones and Rashad? I think that Jones is still a puzzle an though Machida proved to have some sort of game plan to defeat him, he still succumbed to Jones. Though I am not saying that he is someone who can't be defeated, but the one who will go up against him should have a great game plan that would give him a dose of his own medicine.

UFC 200 tonight and for me it is all about The Brock!!

Fancy him to beat Hunt in round 2, but it is s hard to call the fight, I love the beast incarnate though so that's what sways me!

Just gutted I am at work for the next 48 hours! Will not get to see the card! Some good fights tonight!

Marc Diakiese knocks Timu Packalen out.
Look at the speed of this lad.

[video=youtube;qhzHhapSJlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzHhapSJlM&ytbChannel=UFC%20-%20Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship[/video]