coolmcool

Reaction score
I thought i would create a thread all about The Ukrainian league as i end up taking over somebodies story talking about it too much!

Here is my Dnipro story which i did quite a while ago now and im thinking of doing another story as one of the big three in the Ukraine. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../110570-dnipro-domination-ukranian-story.html

I have played in the Ukrainain league for quite a while on FM since i think FM 2007 so any questions feel free to ask

Nice idea - been following UKRAINIAN footy due to having a football loving Ukrainian wife (who's also quite gorgeous btw:wub:) and also played with DNIPRO/SHAKTAR (team wife supports - actually been to the stadium myself to watch them coupla times) and the team I call MENTALISTS.

3 points:

1) Get Bezus in ASAP.
2) You must have only 7 foreigners in the squad. But that doesnt stop you having more and rotating them.
3) Teams such as SHAKTAR/DYNAMO have a "team 3" full of good players.

Bezus is a beast, i do like to keep it Ukrainian in most of the teams cant stand all of the Brazilians! although half are now Ukrainians anyway, i had an amazing Shakhtar save in 2010 where i played like 9 seasons think i like the fact theres only 30 games in a league season.

For my Dynamo Kyev save Yarmolenko as Inside forward was incredible assister (24 in 33 games) and Milevskyi as Advanced Forward scored 35 goals in 36 games but i dont know if they will be interested in joining shakhtar...I agree on signing bezus he is much better then harmash and he really is a must buy and barvinko can develop very nice (he plays for metalist - 17 years young)

Im trying to sign a lot of youth at the moment but they want ridiculous money! There worse than the english!

Barvinko is the LB im looking at the moment! Think i may snap him up, may have to splash the cash to bring in some of the youth

4 stars ukrainan player i bought cost me totally 8,4 million and both from Metalist (Barvinko cost me 4,8M and Boychuk 3,6M) and that was less i could get , they started with 6,5 (?!)

Hes in spent a good £29million on young future stars ooops they can afford it.

I have started an on/off Ukrainian save with shakthar without the latest squad updates, I may have to start again though as I like the look of their new younger foreign signings. I also changed it so that it would only take 3 years instead of 10 to gain Ukrainian nationality as I like to improve Ukrainians national team also and I like to be able to call up 22 year old youngsters who didn't make the brazil squad that I signed when they were 18 for my shakthar team

I have started an on/off Ukrainian save with shakthar without the latest squad updates, I may have to start again though as I like the look of their new younger foreign signings. I also changed it so that it would only take 3 years instead of 10 to gain Ukrainian nationality as I like to improve Ukrainians national team also and I like to be able to call up 22 year old youngsters who didn't make the brazil squad that I signed when they were 18 for my shakthar team
I know the 10 year thing is a killer it never used to be that bad? used to be able to sign 16 year olds and they would be ukrainian by the time they were 22

I know the 10 year thing is a killer it never used to be that bad? used to be able to sign 16 year olds and they would be ukrainian by the time they were 22

That's the reason I changed it in the editor, its not that way IRL anyway

That's the reason I changed it in the editor, its not that way IRL anyway
what is it in real life? on my new story as shakhtar i am only signing Ukrainians so it wont make a difference for me

Google 'years to gain Ukrainian nationality' and it will tell you. I'm pretty sure its not 10 though!

Metalurg has a decent squad (incl old fave of mine CRISTALDO) and seems like a nice idea for a save (more of a challenge than Dnipro/Mentalists).

Btw:

The word SHAKTAR (Russian SHAKTYOR) means MINER, and the word METALURG means IRONSMITH. The word DYNAMO signifies an army team I think (see also DYNAMO MOSKVA in Russia).

Useless info ...

Metalurg has a decent squad (incl old fave of mine CRISTALDO) and seems like a nice idea for a save (more of a challenge than Dnipro/Mentalists).

Btw:

The word SHAKTAR (Russian SHAKTYOR) means MINER, and the word METALURG means IRONSMITH. The word DYNAMO signifies an army team I think (see also DYNAMO MOSKVA in Russia).

Useless info ...
I always think they have smashed Cristiano Ronaldo together to make Cristaldo! He always gets a goal against me a bit like Gladkyi,

Anyone ever bought the likes of Yarmelenko, Selezynov or Garmash as Shakhtar?
Im really struggling to get any offers accepted, i have brought in Konoplyanka, Mykhalyk and Bezus but they all wanted to leave their club, whats the best way to unsettle the other 3?

Anyone ever bought the likes of Yarmelenko, Selezynov or Garmash as Shakhtar?
Im really struggling to get any offers accepted, i have brought in Konoplyanka, Mykhalyk and Bezus but they all wanted to leave their club, whats the best way to unsettle the other 3?

In my experience its difficult to attract good Ukrainians with a Ukrainian team. Id say the easiest of the 3 to attract is SELEZNYOV. Just do the usual with all, talking to the media etc ... and hope. But be patient as I think the game wont let you buy them all at once

In my experience its difficult to attract good Ukrainians with a Ukrainian team. Id say the easiest of the 3 to attract is SELEZNYOV. Just do the usual with all, talking to the media etc ... and hope. But be patient as I think the game wont let you buy them all at once
I reckon Selezynov will be past by the time he wants to come, may just have to let the youth come through