The Ultimate Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 237
  • Views Views 60K

November

Atalanta took revenge on me mocking them loosing Villanova by beating us 4-2. Our Next match with Reggina was my 400th game in Management which saw us back to winning ways

View attachment 307580 OR View attachment 307579

Immediately after the Reggina match Stale Solbakken was sacked by Liverpool which has left me a hard decision to make overnight

Stay at Milan who have made a great chance of returning to the Champions League next season and improving my positions

Liverpool offers a great chance of Champions League success this season with a likely last game shoot out with Zenith at Anfield to secure a last 16 spot, While in the league were only 6 points off the top 4 despite being in 15th place so a return to the Champions league next season is still a great possibility. I Will return tomorrow evening with my decision!

Liverpool - 5 Times Winner
1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005
View attachment 307763View attachment 307764View attachment 307765View attachment 307766View attachment 307767

Ciao Milan!

The Champions League is the aim and the outside chance to win it this year and failing that the chance to set up the team to challenge in 2020/21 now!

Recent History
John Henry and Crew are still in charge
One league cup win is all they have to show over the past decade

Previous managers
Brendan Rodgers - Sacked
Stale Solbakken - Sacked

First team 2019
View attachment 307773
Jose Reina and Luiz Suarez are the sole survivors from 2012. A Mix of real life stars and regens make up the team

Best Regens

Jan Takasaki
View attachment 307775

Reunited with my old Right Back from Inter, The boy turned out good!

David Worton
View attachment 307777

This is a rare site! A Good Scottish regen featuring several decent attributes and is only 21

Libor Havranek
View attachment 307778
Shooting might be 11 but everything else screams out greatness

November

Champions League Match 5

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 0-2 Liverpool
Worton
Ince

My first and only win in my 1st month in charge. Wasn't pretty but sets us up for the final game

League
Not the best of starts in the league to say the least. 4-1 defeat at Old Trafford and 1-0 at Gooderson Park. 3 home games to start December were we'll have to turn our form around

Our Predicament
View attachment 308278

December

Champions League match 6

Liverpool 6-2 Zenith
Pacheco 3
Clark
Bitchell
Ince

Held a 2 goal lead at half time but were down to 10 men thanks to the madness of Charles Kaboure and for some reason we played twice as well with 10 men in the second half. To secure our Champions League

View attachment 308276

Last 16 Draw
Liverpool V Valencia
View attachment 308277

Valencia were among the best of the group winners but are minted and have plenty of money to spend

League
Domestically we had a better month. 3 home wins to Newcastle, Spurs and Blackpool but still struggling on our travels loosing 1-0 at West Brom

View attachment 308280

January

turnaround and transfers

In the Premiership we had a perfect month which included coming back from 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go at Burnley and a thumping 5-2 win at leaders Chelsea. Our run has taken us to within striking distance of the Champions league spots

View attachment 308337

Transfers
View attachment 308332
We made 3 of the 4 biggest moves after Man Utd beat us to the 4th player

Orlando Morales
View attachment 308333
The new Lionel Messi. Was searching through Boca's players current and past and as expected your guaranteed a gem

Simon Silva
View attachment 308335

The great American savior arrives from Lyon to guide Liverpool to the top of European Football. I aim to keep this guy at a few of my future clubs

Werner Vosseler
View attachment 308336

Our final big money buy comes from a future team Marseille. Wanted to take him on a 18 month loan but they wouldn't here of it so i ended up having to buy him outright

Pepe
View attachment 308334

You wont here or see so much of my final signing. Pepe was a late addition to add depth to my wingers and will be 3rd choice

you hav got a nice challenge on ur hands

All the money i raised from dead wood has made it a bit less of a challenge. Feel were easily top 3 in England. Will be interesting to see how we get on in Europe

Rabe looked pretty **** hot and you utilised him brilliantly

Not as good as Aitor though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg

Liverpool 2-1 Valencia
Hicks
Hrgota

We had to fight from behind to get an "advantage" if you like for the second leg in March

Premiership
Back home Swansea knocked us out of the cup and held us in the cup 3 days later then a 4-3 loss to Aston Villa. The Valencia match signaled a change of fortune as we beat Arsenal 4-1 before a stunning 91st minute winner in a 4-3 spectacular against 4th place Stoke, How vital could that be come May?

View attachment 309445

March

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg

Valencia 2-2 Liverpool
Pacheco
Morales

AGG
Liverpool 4-3 Valencia

Through the second half this game seemed certain to head into extra time till new boy Morales scored in the 90th minute

The only other seeded teams to go out were Tottenham but that was to Bayern

View attachment 309448

Quarter Final and Semi Final Draws
View attachment 309447

Q/F
Man Utd V Liverpool

S/F
Man Utd/Liverpool V Napoli/Porto

Well we've just beat Man Utd 3-1 in the league so im far more confident about this now than i would have been before that win. Napoli are a big threat if we both reach the Semi's

Premiership
In the league theres only 8 points between 2nd to 7th and every team will have to go all out to win ever game in the last 6 games of the season. Were not helped by Champions League activity which left us with a defeat to Cardiff before the second leg at Valencia

View attachment 309449

April

Champions League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Man Utd 2-3 Liverpool
Havranek
Pacheco 2

As usual when im not confident of being the better team i put out my counter attacking team and it worked a treat. Saw us into a 3-1 lead before United clawed one back at the end. Brilliant way to go into the 2nd leg however

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Liverpool 4-3 Man Utd
Worton
Pacheco 2
Ince

AGG
Liverpool 7-5 Man Utd

This match was the best one we've played in so far. Was behind twice but came from behind to secure the win and a semi final clash with Porto

Semi's
Liverpool V Porto
Man City V Bayern

Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool 0-1 FC Porto

Wow! Porto deserved a result from Anfield. Restricted us to few chances and has made for a very interesting 2nd leg in Portugal

Semi Final 2nd leg

Porto 4-2 Liverpool
Pacheco

5 Minutes in we leveled the tie before withstanding a barrage from Porto at the end of the 1st half. 2nd half and Porto showed no mercy with 2 quick goals. Pacheco got us back into it but a 88th minute goal by Ganso ended our hopes

Agg
Porto 4-2 Liverpool

In the other Semi Final Man City destroyed Bayern at home to reach the final
View attachment 310003

Premiership
View attachment 310002

Big wins against rivals Everton and man Utd led us into the top 4 with a game in hand

May

Finish the season 3rd thanks to 3 wins against lesser opposition like West Ham, West Brom and Blackpool. After flying up to the top 6 im delighted to have won the battle to get a champions league spot to try and make amend for our failure this season

Final Table
View attachment 310004

Season 8 review

Premiership - 3rd
Champions League - Semi Finals
FA Cup - 4th Round
League Cup - 4th Round

We turned our league season around. Squad still needs 2 or 3 replacement's over the summer to move onto the next level

Liverpool Season Stats
View attachment 310061

Premiership
Chelsea return to the top of the table led by my former reserve striker at Man Utd Angelo Herniquez. Man Utd and Arsenal join us in the Champions League next season Blackpool, Bolton and Cardiff all go down

View attachment 310062

Champions League Final
Man City 3-1 Porto
View attachment 310070
Porto dominated us but were not up to Citys standards and they take the title for the 1st time

2019/20 awards

Footballer of the year
Ramires - Ave Rating 7.69

Top scorer
Jamie Pacheco - 48 Goals - He's no Rabe!
View attachment 310063

Manager of the year
Vincenzo Montella

Other Euro leagues

France
PSG Retain again ZZZZZ

Germany
A repeat of 2017/18
View attachment 310064

Italy
Napoli continue to dominate while AC Milan return to Europe
View attachment 310065

Portugal
Sporting get there turn on top
View attachment 310066

Spain
Hold your hats here. Seville, managed by Neil Lennon and led by a French regen striker won it all. Real only in Europa League
View attachment 310067

Going into the summer

Jose Must be on the verge of the sack at Real, one of the two jobs i really want so i might not even stay at Liverpool despite how close we are to success

Season 9 Preview
Liverschooled!

First team 2020
View attachment 310650

Cleared out some more dead wood and reserves but no new signings. Quite happy with the strength but maybe a tad lacking in depth

View attachment 310651

Major manager changes
This summers two big changes came in Germany
Luis Enrique - Bayern, Mirko Slomka to Germany
Markus Kauczinski - Hamberg, Thorsten Fink sacked

Transfers
June, July & August
View attachment 310652View attachment 310653View attachment 310654

Easily the biggest spending summer so far

Euro 2020

Final
Spain 0-1 England AET
View attachment 310656

Ukraine and Wales to to the Quarter Finals. England win it with a 100th minute goal for "The Ox"

August

Champions League Draw
Group H
Barcelona
Liverpool
Sporting
Basel

Once again Liverpool get drawn with a Spanish super power but this year were ready for a fight!

In the Premiership were off to a 100% start with 3 wins and 3 clean sheets against Newcastle, Ipswich and Aston Villa

View attachment 310655

September

Champions League Match 1
Liverpool 4-2 Basel
Ince
Havranek
Lukaku 2

Injurys to key attacking players and a 1st minute goal by Basel had us right against it to start with and up untill a late Lukaku double the match was on a knife edge but we got the win we needed in the end.

View attachment 310677

Champions League Match 2
Sporting 3-2 Liverpool
Clark
Ince

What a awful performance! The defense was all to pot as injurys catch up with us for a 3rd defeat on the trot

Domestically our month ended with two defeats loosing to Southampton in the League cup and much more significantly we lost 2-1 at Old Trafford, loosing our star Center back Wener Vossler in the process. Still 2nd thanks to our amazing start however

View attachment 310678

October

Champions League Match 3
Liverpool 3-0 Barcelona
O'G
Bitchell
Pacheco

View attachment 310680

Eh? This was rediculous. Between players being illegible having played for the reserves and injurys we were down to a sqaud of 13 players, Unlukcy for Barcelona i guess who could do nothing to stop out counter attacking game. Will this work in the Nou Camp in November?

View attachment 310679

Anyway back to reality in the premiership with a perfect month but still behind the more perfect Tottenham who've won 10/10

View attachment 310681

November

Champions League Match 4
Barcelona 0-1 Liverpool
Pacheco

"The Miracle of Bonfire night"
Barcelona were the better team, Double the chances 15% more possession but 1 goal less than the Hero's of Liverpool

View attachment 310992

Champions League Match 5
Basel 2-7 Liverpool
Pacheco
Havranek
Schieber 3
O'G
Ince

I wanted to secure top spot with a win and as expected Barcelona beat Sporting meaning we have a 3 point lead but a better head to head record with Barca

View attachment 310993

Premiership
View attachment 310994

Tottenham are no longer perfect but still unbeaten and clear at the top. 3 dodgy draws 2 of which at Anfield allowed Man City to take over in 2nd.

December

Champions League Match 6
Liverpool 2-1 Sporting
Hrgota
Schieber

An embarrassing 1st half saw us behind and seemingly on our way to a second defeat to Lisbon and a 4th in a row to a Portuguese teams! However a rousing team talk led to a turn of fortunes and results to ensure we comfortably topped the group

Final table
View attachment 310996

Elsewhere runners up Porto fail to get out of the groups as do Napoli, Struggling under Neil Lennon

Last 16 draw
View attachment 310997

Liverpool were the last team out of the hat and were drawn with Udinese a regular top 5 team in Italy.

Premiership
View attachment 310998

With Man City away at the world club championships and Tottenham having there 1st dodgy month closed it all up at the top

Back