corio111

Reaction score
July 2010: You are a former semi-professional footballer looking for a break. You want to get into football management and you don’t care where. You just want to show the world that you are the best football manager that the world has ever seen. Forget Sir Alex, forget the ‘Special One’ Mourinho, forget Ancelotti, van Gaal, Guardiola and even Neil Warnock ... you will be the ‘Ultimate Gaffer’ ...

One small problem. You don’t manage a club. You are unemployed, most of the football world won’t even look at you. You are going to have to start right at the bottom and work your way up.

Once you’ve got yourself a job, then it’ll be time to prove yourself around the world. Or at least around Europe anyway! There are lots of trophies available for you to win. How many can you win? OK, you’re not going to be winning the Champions League in your first season but you can win the domestic leagues and build your reputation slowly. You can move anywhere and everywhere to win as many trophies as you like.

START A NEW GAME

Create a new game on Football Manager 11 with the latest database available to you.

The size of the database you choose is up to you. Obviously, the larger, the better. You may also add the top players from each continent. It’ll look something like THIS.
(Credit to Dafuge for the image!)

Attribute Masking: ON

Real Players: ON

First Window Transfer Budgets: ON

Real Fixtures: UP TO YOU

Add Key Staff: OFF

Add Players to Playable Teams: OFF

WHAT LEAGUES TO LOAD

You must load the following leagues:

ENGLAND (Premier League to League 2)

FRANCE (Ligue 1 to Ligue 2)

ITALY (Serie A to Serie B)

GERMANY (First Division to Second Division)

SPAIN (Liga BBVA to Liga Adelante)

+ ONE MORE LEAGUE

The final league is up to you and how far down you go is up to you too. Personally, I’ll use either SCOTLAND or the MLS but like I said, it’s completely your call.

Start the game on the first day of the ENGLISH season.

YOUR MANAGER

Create a manager in any way you want – nationality is your choice but be sensible about it. Just use your own nationality would be my advice.

He (or she) must be set to a SEMI PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER.

Tick the START UNEMPLOYED option. (Two clubs need a manager as the season starts: Hereford United in England and Oberhausen in Germany; there may be more depending on the extra nation you choose!)

Now you are ready to start your game. Apply for the available jobs or wait for others to come up. Please post your screenshot of your new manager when they are unemployed on the first day of the game.

POSTING A SCREENSHOT
While in FM, press Alt and F9
A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM11 folder in your documents
Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
Post the direct Url to the image here.

Alternatively:
While in FM, press CTRL and PRTSCR
Open PAINT or similar and paste the screenshot into there. Save it.
Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
Post the direct Url to the image here.

LINKING TO A SCREENSHOT

When you want to post a screenshot, don’t just post the image in here. It breaks up the page and slows the loading time of the page up. When you are editing your post, look for the LINK symbol and use it. Or just post the URL.

RULES
Player naming is allowed
Keep us up to date with your progress at regular intervals – at least one per season
Please don’t refer to downloaded tactics although discussion about tactics is allowed
Don’t use any methods of cheating – what would be the point of using the corner bugs, FMRTE etc ... ?
If you win a trophy, post a screenshot as proof
Don’t forget that you must post your manager profile on the first day of the game
Any other screenshots are acceptable as long as you don’t post them directly into the thread!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE ULTIMATE GAFFER!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

LIST OF TROPHIES YOU COULD WIN

ENGLAND
Premier League
nPower Championship
nPower League 1
nPower League 2
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Community Shield
Johnstone’s Paint Trophy

FRANCE
Ligue 1
Ligue 2
French Cup
Coupe de la Ligue
French Champions Trophy

GERMANY
First Division
Second Division
German Cup

ITALY
Serie A
Serie B
Italian Cup
Super Cup

SPAIN
Liga BBVA
Liga Adelante
Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey)
Spanish Super Cup

(INTER)CONTINENTAL
Champions Cup (Champions League)
EURO Cup (Europa League)
European Super Cup
Club World Championship

I wanna try this one, but I don't think I have enough time to play it.. :(

Giving it a go i started unemployed and joined solihill moors and brother joined Bromley :)

I don't mind someone ripping off my idea from another forum.

I do mind you just copying and pasting it straight out of my post!