The Ultimate Super League System

tiraths

Saving the World
Reaction score
Okay the league system is as follows:

-Premier Division: 16 teams play each other twice. The top 4 enter a playoff for the championship, the bottom 3 are relegated.

-Division 1: 16 teams play each other twice. Top 2 automatically promoted, 3rd - 6th play in playoffs for third promotion spot, bottom 4 teams are relegated.

-Division 2: 20 teams play each other twice. Top 3 auto promoted, 4th-7th play in playoffs. Bottom 4 relegated.

-Division 3: 20 teams play each other twice. Top 3 auto promoted, 4th-7th play in playoffs. Bottom 4 relegated.

-Division 4: 2 divisions of 20 teams. Top team in each automatically promoted. 2nd-5th in each play playoff against teams from same division for other 2 places. Bottom 4 from each relegated.

-Conference Divisions 1: 4 divisions of 18 teams. Top team in each automatically promoted. 2nd-5th in each play playoff against teams from same division for other 4 places. Bottom 3 from each relegated.

-Conference Divisions 2: 4 divisions of 18 teams. Top 2 teams in each automatically promoted. 2rd-6th in each play playoff against teams from same division for other 4 places. There is no relegation from this league.

-World League Cup:
256 team straight knock out competition - all in from the start.

World Conference League Cup: Knockout competition for conference division. 184 teams compete, seeded on league reputation. 112 enter in round 1, 72 in round 2.

-World League Challenge Trophy: Group stage then cup competition for top 4 divisions. 8 groups of 9 play each other once

Testing
I ran this overnight (it went to 2018) and had some very interesting results. AC Milan relegated slowly over the seasons from Premier League to Division 4, despite selling £272million of players following first relegation.
A different winner every season of the premier league! This was my favorite part. Winners included Internacional and Genoa being the last two winners. Everton were runners up one season too.
The Cup competitions also seem to get different winners each year, from any division it seems. For example Okayama FC are current champions, as are Flamengo.

There are some good teams in Division 3 or lower but only a few, all the main teams are in top 3 divisions.
I also understand that Kris recently made a super league although it took me ages to do this so I thought I should at least upload it :p

Enjoy :D

Download Ultimate Super League
View attachment 19380
View attachment 19381
View attachment 19603

Last edited:
Looks great. Thanks for this.

You can just attach the xml file to the thread and then it dosent have to be approved.

You can just attach the xml file to the thread and then it dosent have to be approved.

wish i thought of that before lol
Im on a different PC to the one I play FM so cant do it till 2morow nite, will prbly be approved by then

srry maybe its a stupid reply but where must i put this file ?

i am new to fm 2010 i only played fifa manager 10 there it was very easy and i could easily edit things :p

srry maybe its a stupid reply but where must i put this file ?

i am new to fm 2010 i only played fifa manager 10 there it was very easy and i could easily edit things :p
My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data\

I downloaded the Leagues but when i start a new game it doesnt let me select the button that says "Select Editor Data Files". Any Ideas?