Thunderstruck

Reaction score
Considering I'm more or less ranting about a problem, I felt this thread belong in the discussion cause I'm inviting discussion on the gameplay of my problem, if admins/mods feel different, feel free to move it.

anyway,
I play online with a few guys and I'm sick to death of the game engine ******** me over in some matches.

Regardless if 3D match engine is just a representation, I hate seeing 6-7 one on one chances a game being saves by a keeper. I rather the 3d match engine have the player hit the post/woodwork or try and chip and miss.

The problem I ahve suffered it seems is making too perfect of a tactic, I go one game where my strikers hit everything in in one game and the next game the opposition keeper somehow gets the skills of superman and every ball is saved and my players get the skills of Torres and through the 3D match representation go one on one no defender near him and hits it at the keeper where the keeper just clutches it to his chest. For me FM11 was killed when this came in. Sure, yes, you can't have blowout 48-0 scorelines each game. But the game engine should be made to decrease the GK's chances per save from a CCC (once again, I know CCC doesn't represent actual chances but if I had the chance to record these shots you'll see) I just finished a game vs one of the guys I play with that within the first 10 mins I had four one on ones and all of them were saved. Now one of my strikers has 17 finishing, 16 composure, 15 decisions, 17 technique. Worst still is when I'm playing a team (for instance napoli in Europe recently (this is many seasons intot he save that napoli isn't a great team) where I had 18 shots on target and it finished 0-0. I know its possible IRL that this can happen (take norwich missing all those chances vs Mancs a few weeks ago but mancs still managed to win) but this happens every two or three games where a team has a keeper that manages to stop everything. Even poor teams))

So now my rant is at an end and I'm sure its gonna cop a few responses but I ahve a few questions:
1. have you ever had this problem?
2. what have been your fixes to try and counter this issue
3. if you answered yes to question 1., does FM12 do the same thing or is the game engine a bit more refind?

Now I've used multiple tactics, infact I got so sick of watching the fail of my tactics at the finishing that I even downloaded a few from this site to give a go because I was started to get so disheartened watching near perfect tactics fail at the last hurdle (finding the net). unfortunately to no avail, raikans tactics for instance always seem to suffer the same issue.

Last edited:
This has been in several versions of FM now. The way I see it it's way too easy to play through balls in between defenders so you've got a ton of one-on-ones, much more than in any real football match. In order to keep the scorelines realistic they have to put some kind of buffer in place. The irony is that the better your team is, the more chances you will create and thus the more chances you will waste as well, no matter how good your strikers are.