The US Office

Jamie.

Reaction score
Anyone else watch this brilliant show?

Now coming up to its two part finale May 19th (In America) where Michael Scotts replacement will be shown.

Just a brilliant show and comedy central over here are 2 seasons behind America (But not me since I downloaded and watched every single episode via...)
Just such a funny show, the situations/timing/improvisation/writing is superb and the fact that Gervais did a cameo as David Brent in one episode for like a 2 minute conversation with Carrell was brilliant.

The finale of Season 7 now that Carrell has left and Will Ferrels character went absolutely crazy includes the following interviewing (mock interviewing) to replace Carrell's character: Ray Romano, Will Buffet (American Billionaire), James Spader, Ricky Gervais as David Brent, Jim Carrey, Catherine Tate and a heck of alot more cameo's as the show bows out from its 7th season going into the 8th with one of them taking over the main role.

steve-carell-ricky-gervais.jpg

Didn't that already happen? I saw it on cable..

And yes I do since I'm American but living in England

Has been getting progressively worse for a while now, and the loss of Carrell will be too much for it.

Still loved the first few seasons.

I give the series 1 more season before it dissipates into nothingness... who is the actual replacement? I heard its Jack Black, if it is, that would be ******* cool...

otherwise I stick with what I said above and with what Redders said as well..

We don't know yet. Ferrell came in and played an annoying character, who failed to raise a smile with me, for 4 eps. Ricky G made an appearance twice, including once as a web-streamed interview as David Brent.

Regardless, it won't be anyone as good as Carrell. It's like Scrubs losing JD etc.

I'm with Redders, series 2 and 3 were brilliant, 4 and 5 were pretty good but its been going downhill since, but there are still good episodes now and again, I thought that 'Dwight Schrute: Acting Manager' was particularly good. I will stick with it with the new manager just to see how it goes but I can't see there being any more seasons after the next one.

I tried it, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original though it did have the odd joke here and there. Didn't stick with it as I didn't find it funny enough and American remakes of shows (especially good shows) **** me off

Season 1 & 2 were in parts boring and annoying - because i'd watched (and loved) the UK version. Season 3 is where it cmoes into its own and for 2-3 good seasons its excellent.

But you do have to sit through seasons 1 & 2, just to get used to the characters and follow the storylines (regardless of if you know them from the UK version).

On season 4 atm, watching it as I type.

Enjoying it a lot.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigerations.