toddzy

Reaction score
Former Scotland midfielder takes over Hellas Verona

BBC Football understands that 25 year old former Scotland international Craig Todd has taken over Northern Italian Club Hellas Verona. It is understood that Todd has penned a 1 year deal with the club.

The news came after Hellas Verona owner Maurizio Setti announced via his personal twitter feed;

“We are delighted to announce here at @HellasVerona the signing of manager @toddzy1 on a 1-year deal. Take a minute to welcome with the #WelcomeCraig”

Todd, 25, is a former footballer who was forced into early retirement due to a persistent knee injury. He managed to earn 25 caps and score 4 goals before sadly his injuries caught up with him.

The Verona board is reported to be very impressed with the young Scot’s ambition for the recently promoted side. Furthermore, our Italian source informs us that Todd’s recent attempt in management has proven successful. It’s understood that Todd had been managing Juventus’ Under 19 Side. He had been given the job as he was contracted to Juventus at the time of his early retirement.

A lover of Italian football from a young age Todd said he never felt more at home when he made the move from Everton to Sampdoria at 20. It was after a very impressive debut season at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris where he ended as the top assister of Serie A that Juventus came knocking on his door.

His first season seen him play regularly however the issue with his knee had began to creep in and form decreased. The second season for Todd proved to be too much; making only one appearance under Antonio Conte’s new look side and the knee injury had became worse.

Conte however decided it would be a good idea to try and get Todd some game time and loaned him back to where it all began for him in Italy, Sampdoria. But much like Mount Vesuvius, Todd rarely erupted in what became a torrid season.

Now the tender age of 24, the Scot bowed out from playing the game professionally and was in turned offered a role to manage the under 19’s of Juventus.

He overseen them win the Under 19 league in style, something which he received high praise for by Antonio Conte.

But, Todd now arrives at an exciting point in Hellas Verona’s journey. Over the last few weeks the club has worked extremely hard to bring in a raft of stars. This includes the FIFA World Cup 2006 winner Luca Toni on a 1-year deal. The journeyman striker insisted he had been enticed by the project laid in front of hum.

Toni, 36, had this to say of Todd;
“We’ve only had a brief chat but he came across very assertively and direct. He knows what he wants to accomplish this season and I respect him for that. I can’t wait to get out and play under his stewardship now.”

Also joining on loan Marquinho from AS Roma and Juan Iturbe from Portuguese side FC Porto – the latter considered an Argentinean gem.

Verona are yet to announce their pre-season fixtures but it is anticipated they will at least play Spezia who are a feeder club of theirs. It is also reported that Todd may not have a great deal of funds at his disposal based on the fact that previous manager Andrea Mandorlini signed the majority of the current squad in recent weeks.

- - -

Footnote;

Please excuse lack of photo's and screenshots at the moment. I used to write stories on FM-Base and uploaded them to a photo hosting website called Imageshack. Their options have changed since I used it last and now find myself needing to find a new way to make the photos and screenshots look a good size etc.

Bare with, it'll be worth your while when I get going. It's taken me a while to really get into FM14, struggled with FM13 as well. But I think I've finally cracked it with this save therefore I wanted to share it like I did before.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy it as much as me.

Twitter link above is my actual twitter as well if you want to get in touch.

DONE DEAL! Kleber signs on
17/07/13​

We are today delighted to announce the first signing under the guidance of Craig Todd in the experienced Brazilian LB, Kleber on a free transfer. He pens a 1-year deal with the option of a further year if he plays 15 games in the league.

Short at the LB position we have wasted no time in wrapping up this deal for Kleber who comes with a great deal of experience having made over 600 career appearances.

Kleber, 33, had this to say of his move;

Kleber; said:
It’s a great move for me. It's a chance to work with a side who have a great deal of ambition and another opportunity to showcase my talent in Europe.

I'm enjoying where life's journey has now taken me.

I cannot wait to meet my new teammates.

The full back began his career at Brazilian club Corinthians. It was here he made a name for himself and earned 260 appearances in a 5-year stint between 1998-2003. The performances earned him his first move to Europe where he signed on to German club Hannover 96.

His time in Germany was short however and he made a move to Swiss side FC Basel after competing in 23 games for Hannover.

His time in Switzerland proved even more difficult and after making 30 appearances for the club he decided to head back to his homeland whereby he was signed by Santos on an initial loan deal with the view to a permanent deal.

After impressing in the 15 matches he played he gained the permanent move back to Brazil that he sought. Continuing to shine for Santos he accumulated a further 165 appearances.

However, in 2009 he was purchased by a sporting company for 5million Brazilian ‘real’, equivalent to £1.3million. The sporting company then sold Kleber to Internacional for an undisclosed fee.

The experience proved vital and he earned a further 122 appearances in the famous red of Internacional.

At the tender age of 33, he chose not to extend his contract with Internacional and decided to seek pastures new.

Please take a moment to welcome Kleber by using the #WelcomeKleber.