The Vikings Are Coming - A Denmark Story

ewanmac77

Reaction score
2Q==
OLSEN STEPS DOWN AS DENMARK MANAGER

The DBU have today announced the retirement of legendary manager Morten Olsen. The 64 year old cites his reasons for retiring due to "personal medical issues" and steps down with immediate effect.

"It is with great sadness that I leave my post as manager of Denmark. I have served my country not only as a player, but as a manager too, and I wish to hand over the reins to a young, energetic manager".

When asked who might be the man to take Denmark forward, the immediate response was Ewan MacGregor.

So, who is Ewan MacGregor?

View attachment 373095 Ewan MacGregor is a name may Scottish football fans hold close to their hearts. the 36 year old, who won 45 caps for his country before retiring from the game through injury, played for and is now assistant manager at Glasgow Rangers. the scot, who is of Danish descent through his grandfather, was asked to represent Denmark in his youth, but chose to represent Scotland instead.

9k=
DANISH F.A APPOINT MACGREGOR

Ewan MacGregor has today been unveiled as the new Denmark manager, and takes charge with immediate effect.

This comes on the day Denmark reveal their new shirt sponsorship with kit makers Hummel and Danish shipping giants Maersk.

View attachment 373090 View attachment 373089 View attachment 373088

MacGregor on the deal: "I'm delighted with the new designs and I hope that by wearing Hummel kits again, we can try in some way to replicate the Danish Dynamite team that won the European Championship in 1992! "

View attachment 373087 Fixture wise, Denmark have a relatively straightforward group to negotiate.

View attachment 373086
TACTICS

View attachment 373085 These tactics have proven successful in my club management games and i hope to use them to devastating effect in my Denmark save.

*** Guys, I'm going to try and make my save as realistic as possible and provide a true insight into my thoughts and ramblings as Denmark manager as possible, but if you can, please provide feedback on my story if you can to try and make it as interesting as possible ***

I'm from Denmark! H? h? ? ? ? ? ;). Nice, countinue! I would love to see Denmark have some succes in FM ;)

Hi thanks for your comments. Looking forward to Danish Dynamite part 2. Any ideas on backroom staff?

​I'm going to post the next part of my story tonight after playing my friendly v Turkey. Thanks for the feedback

logo.png
BRIAN LAUDRUP APPOINTED COACH
9k=

Denmark have today appointed legendary winger Brian Laudrup as first team coach. One of the finest players ever to have represented Denmark, he is said to be delighted to be involved at National level and to be working with Ewan MacGregor

"I know Ewan well from my time as club ambassador at Rangers, and know just how good a coach he is so when the opportunity to work alongside him came along, it was very hard to resist. He likes his teams to play offensive, fast football and I'd love to be back playing again !! I just know that Fischer, Kvist, Eriksen and Cornelius will adapt very well to Ewan's style of football"

9k=
V
9k=

FRIENDLY

AGGER OUT WITH STRAINED KNEE LIGAMENT DAMAGE !!

With just 10 days till Denmark's friendly against Turkey, Denmatk's injury list has grown with the news that captain Daniel Agger is out for at least 6 weeks.

images
" Gutted to be missing out on what I hope is going to be the start of a new adventure for Denmark. Hopefully the injury wont keep me out too long and I can come back in time to help us qualify for the World Cup"

TURKEY V DENMARK (FRIENDLY)

Simon Makienok to make debut for Denmark, replacing Braithwaite.

Squad to play Turkey

View attachment 372929

TURKEY 1 - 0 DENMARK

In a closely fought match, it was Turkey who took the spoils, scoring on the break against a very resilient Denmark side who controlled the match for long periods of time and were perhaps unlucky not to have salvaged at least a draw from the match.

View attachment 372928 View attachment 372927

"Overall I am happy with the way my team played tonight. Makienok had a good solid debut which I'm sure he will build on, and I thought Bjelland was magnificent at the back. The pace and creativity with which we attacked Turkey was particularly pleasing and it bodes very well for the future"

Z

QUALIFYING ACTION

MALTA 0 V 7 DENMARK

A fine win for Denmark which gave the travelling fans an intriguing and exciting insight into the brand of attacking, free flowing football that MacGregor has promised to bring to the team.

Malta didnt start well, and found themselves 3 nil down inside the first 10 minutes. Denmark seized the opportunity to capitalise on an inept perfomance from the minnows and went on to score 7 magnificent goals, the highlight of which was a tremendous hat-trick for marauding midfielder Christian Eriksen who was quite rightly man of the match.

View attachment 372885 View attachment 372884 View attachment 372883

Z

QUALIFYING ACTION

DENMARK 4 - ARMENIA 0

Denmark once again treated the home fans to a scintilating display of possession based attacking football as Armenia were brushed aside with ease here at Parken.

It was a tremendous performance from my squad, who played brilliantly. I think Mads (Albaek) was excellent tonight and thoroughly deserved his goals. That'll give him confidence and, alongside Kvist and Eriksen, can be a key player for denmark for many years to come. He's an air of confidence about him and he reminds me of a young Michael Laudrup.

View attachment 372882 View attachment 372881