The War of Manchester - Premier League Battle.

Poptastic

Reaction score
Side Note - I have been playing Football Manager for over 10 years now, but have only just decided to sign up to FM-Base. I am going to be making a Manchester United Story. As many other United fans, I was hurt when Aguero's scored that last gasp winner. So now I am aiming to wrestle back the Title of Manche$ter City, whilst fighting of the upcoming challenge of the new Chel$ki.

MANCHESTER UNITED
View attachment 270972
Seasonal aim:

Challenge for title (Top 4)
Win FA cup
Last 8 Champions League

In a shocking press conference, Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his decision to step down from the helm of Manchester United, saying "With a new challenge for Manchester United to compete against, I think a new manager, who is hungry and smart, should talk charge"

Sir Alex also commented on how he will still be in the background, helping new manager, and ex-player, Shaun Popps.

"I am excited to take charge of my boy hood team. There will always be pressure taking over such a job, especially from someone of the calibre of the boss. But with him still around, I think we will be okay."

Sir Alex Ferguson hasn't left Popps with an awful lot to do, with the recent signings of youthful Nick Powell, and Talented Shinji "Red Samurai" Kagawa. But the signing that has grabbed the headlines was Robin Van Persie, from Arsenal.

"In these situations, when you have to make a hard decision in your life, I always listen to that little boy inside me. What does he want? That boy was screaming for Manchester United."

"Everyone knows me by now. I love football. I am quite principled in that perspective. It is always difficult to find the perfect match but I do feel this is the perfect match for me."

So, with many fans sceptical, what will the future hold for Manchester United and Shaun Popps?

Popps has signed a 2 year contract worth £27'000.

Last edited:
After Meet the staff, and looking at the Senior squad, Reserves and Youth, I was very happy with the squad. A nice mix of youth and experience, with some very nice prospects coming through.

KEY MEN:
Nemanja Vidic - DC (Captain)
Nani - WG
Wayne Rooney - ST
Robin Van Persie - ST

HOT PROSPECTS:
Nick Powell - AMC
Angelo Henriquez - ST
Mats Daehli - MC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an extensive review (hours messing with tactics) I have come up with 3 tactics, in which I think best suit my team:
View attachment 270967

* A special made tactic to handle having RVP, Rooney, Kagawa and Nani in the squad. The tactic is all about having the defenders feed the ball to Carrick, and with Direct passing and through balls, Carrick will slot the ball down both flanks or to the feet of Kagawa. Mainly keeping the ball in the oppositions half.

2nd!
View attachment 270968
*More defensive tactic, used away against teams I think I would struggle with. Ancor and DM helping the defence out, whilst feeding the ball to the playmaker, If I wanted a bit more attack Scholes would play as an AP.

3RD!
View attachment 270969

A simple United 4-4-2, with the play mainly introducing the winger, Carrick as a DLP, and Anderson playing as a BWM who will win the ball and feed the ball to Carrick or the wings.

Happy with my squad, gonna try and strengthen the defence, mainly Fullback with a replacement for Evra needed, Will scout Fabio's season at QPR.

Last edited:
Received Fixture list, Transfer Budget and Boardroom Objectives:
Transfer Budget - £38'000'000
Obj - Champions League Qual

View attachment 270970

Will try and get my squad playing well together, whilst bringing in some youthful kids and giving them a chance to impress me against the weaker sides. Have a friendly with Barcelona to see where my squad is at.:)

Happy with my Season Objective, feel like it is more than accompliable with my set of players.

Will not jump quickly and sign some, will do research into the kind of player my squad lacks, if you have any ideas where improvement could come, then I shall be happy to take your requests.

Last edited:
View attachment 270973
First Media Holding : ​POPPS PROMISES OPEN DOOR POLICY

Q - "You arrive at the club as Sir Alex Ferguson Departs. Do you feel the pressure?"
A - "I do, but I think pressure is a good thing, and am confident with my squad."

Q - "The expectations of Manchester United are high, do you feel you can continue this success?"
A - "I have worked hard with Sir Alex and got to know how United works, Success is in the clubs blood, I am certain we can carry it on."

Q - "United are known for their state of the art facilities, will you rely on them for you youth intake?"
A - "Absolutely, but hard work is just as important as training and possessing the skill."

Q - "Do you have any ideas who is in your plans yet?"
A - Well there are certain players in mind, but everyone will get there chance to impress me"

Q - "In that case, what will your activity be in the market?"
A - "At the moment I am happy with my squad, and will look deeply on how we can bring the best from them, whether that be bringing in a face or two, or letting a couple go."

Q - "How will you go about your day to day activities within the club structure?"
A - " I will be involved deeply in all matters within the club, and will have the final say on decisions. I want every player and staff to know, my door is open for anything and everything."

Q - "You stand here today as the new Manchester United Manager, how are you feeling?"
A - "After supporting and playing for such an amazing club, it is a dream come true the be the manager."

Last edited:
View attachment 270962

Anderson receives new four year contract after United fought of interest from Dortmund and Valencia, Both offering £8'000'000.

Anderson has bumped his salary up by £16'000, from £30'000 to £46'000.

Popps made a statement saying: "Anderson is a quality player, and just to show other clubs that we have him in high regards, we decided to offer him a new contract."

View attachment 270963
Shocking news just coming out of Stamford Bridge, They have just confirmed that David Moyes, formerly of Everton has just signed a Four year deal for Chelsea.
David Moyes has said "I have given many years to Everton, but feel I have took them as far as I can and would like to accomplish a new challenge. Hopefully someone will come in and be able to push Everton up the next few steps and make them a European challenging team again"

The Toffees are understandably sad at there loss, but that hasn't stopped the bookies from saying who their favourite candidates are.

Favourite in most bookies is the available Alan Curbishley, but the fans think that would be a step down from Moyes. Other candidates include; Alan Shearer, Ruud Gullit and Laurent Blanc.

After speaking to some fans outside Goodison Park, We got their views on who they want.
"Well, I'm shocked David Moyes would leave on such short notice, but I would love to see Alan Shearer come to the Goodison"
"I could see Moyes leaving soon to be honest with you, but I always thought Manchester United would come knocking. I'd take Sir Alex if he was interested *slight laugh*, but no, I'd welcome Shearer, what more can you ask for than the Premierships highest goal scorer"

Well, fans don't seem to distraught and are excited by the prospect of Alan Shearer being talked about, they will certainly have to pry him away from that BBC chair tho.

View attachment 270974
Norwich have unveiled Alan Curbishley as their new manager, after much speculation the ex-West Ham man would be moving to Everton. Norwich are happy to get their man, who they say, they have been tracking since before Lambert left the club for Premier League Rivals Aston Villa.
"I am very happy to be back in the run of things, being involved with Norwich day in and day out, and taking them to higher levels is my main achievement. Norwich are a good squad, with amazing fans, who I hope will help kick start our season."

With a second shock move in the manager area, odds have changed for the Everton seat, with Alan Shearer the bookies and fans favourite.We will have more for you when it happens.​

View attachment 270975
Pre-Season Warm up
Manchester United vs Manchester United Reserves

Dropped some first team players to the reserves just to get a grip on people and to give everyone a chance to show me what they bring to the game.
Mike Phelan will be managing the reserves this season.
View attachment 270976

RESULT
1-0 - 3'30
Van Persie opens the scoring with a close range header from a whipping cross from the right, regards of Wayne Rooney. Maybe the signs of a formidable partnership in the making?
2-0 - 12'45
Van Persie play a chipped ball over the top to Valencia, who uses his speed to get past Blackett, and glides in a high ball into the box, where Van Persie waited to strike home a volley.
3-0 - 24'50
Van Persie interceps a pass from Keane a passes to Rooney on the half way. Rooney skips past Anderson, then Smalling before turning young Sam Johnstone and passing in number 3.

Halftime changes:
Evans - Ferdinand
Fletcher - Carrick
Giggs - Kagawa
Young - Nani
Hernandez - Rooney

Happy so far, dominating like I expected but seeing good things from Berbatov, Bebe and M.Keane.

3-0 - 56'00
RESERVE
Nick Powell comes on for the tired Bebe', who had a good game. Looking forward to Powell in action.

3-0 - 62'00
RESERVE
M.Keane - Thorpe
Blackett - Wooton
Micheal Keane had a good game at the back, managing to stop most of Nani's runs down the left, reserves best player so far.

3-0 - 67'00
RESERVE
Anderson - Vaseli
Hoped Anderson would be the pack leader for reserves, but failed to put his own stamp on the game.

4-0 - 71'00
Lovely break from a corner by Van Persie, Runs 60 yards down the left from own box, knocks it right to Young, who plays a through ball first time to Giggs who places past the keeper

4-0 - 71'00
RESERVE
Sam Jonstone gives way for Gollini, Keeper had an alright game, but was let down by his two centre backs.

5-0 - 80'00
Goalkick from DeGea, nodded down to Van Persie from Hernandez, who takes it round Smalling and drives home in the top right corner, sealing his hat trick.

6-0 - 84'00
Goalkick again from DeGea, falls to Van Persie's feet, turns with the ball and runs towards Jones. Plays a through ball to Hernandez, who made a clever run round Jones, and slotted home his first off the game.

6-1 - 86'00
Berbatov plays a one-two with Brady, before rounding Ferdinand and smashing home from close range. Has been impressive leading from the front.

FULL TIME
6-1
View attachment 270977
Impressed:
DeGea, Rafael, Vidic, Giggs, Rooney, Van Persie*
M.Keane, R.Brady, Berbatov*, Powell​

Last edited:
Great start mate, loving the title too! One advice do the matches maybe make it a little shorter 'cos otherwise there is loads of reading for each match and may put readers off?! Other than that superb!

Great start mate, loving the title too! One advice do the matches maybe make it a little shorter 'cos otherwise there is loads of reading for each match and may put readers off?! Other than that superb!
Nice one mate, thanks for following, and will do, After I looked at it I thought it may be a tad much haha. I'll just do Scorers and man of the match?

Nice one mate, thanks for following, and will do, After I looked at it I thought it may be a tad much haha. I'll just do Scorers and man of the match?
Possibly don't even need that tbf, maybe a screenshot showing the split view of scorers and match stats, and then a couple of lines with an opinion on the game?