The Weekly Football Blog Challenge

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't really sure where this would fit, but here's the idea:

I've noticed a few "read my blog" threads kicking about, and mostly they offer some insightful and interesting reading. However, having a seperate thread for every one will naturally limit it's effectiveness, so I got thinking...how about a joint challenge thread?

Here's how it would work - every Monday (or every second Monday, or whatever) a topic will be announced. Then, anyone wanting to enter will write a blog on that topic, to be finished by the Friday. Then, I would publish all entries in a thread with a vote, allowing the FM-Base community to decide which was the best read over the weekend.

For example, if the topic was "Do Blackpool deserve their place in the EPL, or will they be an embarrassment to the league?" there could be well thought out blogs on either side of the debate, hopefully adding some insight and decent points to the arguments.

Would there be any interest? It would be a welcome change from the poorly thought out posts that often appear around the forum...

I don't think many members could be arsed making a blog?

If they did, then fairplay to you. :)

I don't think many members could be arsed making a blog?

If they did, then fairplay to you. :)

Well, I wouldn't need to be a blog really, just a word limited bit of opinionated writing. If there's no interest, so be it, worth a try though!

Well, I wouldn't need to be a blog really, just a word limited bit of opinionated writing. If there's no interest, so be it, worth a try though!

Ok, fair enough :)

Hopefully you succeed with it though. :D

Hmm...if there's only gonna be two people interested, one of them being me, I could well be eating a large slice of fail pie...

I'm not giving up yet though - roll up, roll up, don't be shy! :)

Blackpool EPL do you know that the bookies rated blackpool's chance of winning the prem is 10000-1 worst odds in years

Blackpool EPL do you know that the bookies rated blackpool's chance of winning the prem is 10000-1 worst odds in years

Erm, yeah.
Not started yet.

It is pretty late, so make sure it stay's in the Recent Threads section most of tomorrow and you should be reet. ;)

Decent idea, always good to have a decent weekly debate :) The only problem is the trolls who will feed off of it to argue.

Decent idea, always good to have a decent weekly debate :) The only problem is the trolls who will feed off of it to argue.

That's why I thought of this I suppose, as it would require some actual reasoning behind arguments rather than "who carez, ur **** LOLZ!!!111" type stuff. If they can't appreciate a well written piece against their views, they're beyond help. :(

Anyone else?

Great idea. I would be interested, i have some writing skills. :)

Right, there's only one way to see if this will work or not - I'll put a thread up later tonight with the first challenge topic, and bump it every day if need be. You'll have until Friday night to submit your 'blogs' to me via PM, and then I'll publish them all with a vote. More to follow. :)

I will do this, very good idea. I have a blog anyway ;)