mickiac

Reaction score
Allardyce Told to Leave Upton Park

Manager Sam Allardyce has been told today by owners that his services are no longer needed at West Ham.

This comes after a few controversies with the manager around the club. Allardyce had reportedly used "bullying" to lure youngster Ravel Morrison to sign up with the manager's agency - with an ultimatum of signing up or not playing. On top of that, the fans have been crying out for attacking football despite the club's tenth place finish last year. Finally, many have criticised his signings, calling them "uninspiring" - especially after completing the ?15m deal for long-term injured striker Andy Carroll.

However, the board pointed out that Allardyce had split the dressing room and tensions were high, with that being the main reason for his departure.

"Sam was a great manager while he lasted, but he was driving the club into the abyss and the talk between him and Ravel was becoming too much. I know a player is never bigger than the manager, but a group of 10/15 players are" - David Sullivan.

Questions now go to the board who will lose out massively in compensation to Sam Allardyce as the East London club's finances only worsen.

"Our finances will take a bit of a doing from this decision, but we feel it was still the correct decision to make" - David Gold.

Surprise Appointment at Upton Park
West Ham have hired unknown manager Michael Houston as manager

"If you guessed that I would be the next manager of West Ham, you'd be a ****** psychic." These are the first words that we have heard from the newly appointed West Ham manager Michael Houston who is currently being bombarded with questions about his lack of experience.

On his lack of experience
"Well, managers need to gain experience at some point. Luckily for me, I have managed to jump into a job at the top. I have made my mark in junior football, especially at youth level - so I have a good track record so far. Albeit if it's as the manager of Sunday League teams."

On who will leave the club "No one is leaving until I have seen them play. If they merit their wage then they will stay. However, I do want to lose about five players from the first team".

On season's expectations
"This is a transitional year for the club so we do not expect a top 10 place even if that sounds unambitious to the fans. This year is about getting rid of the deadwood, bringing in young players and building for the future. The West Ham Way will be back".

Pre Season friendlies: Most went OK, but the ones we lost, were really winnable and it was a bit frustrating:
View attachment 596953
Vs West Ham Under 21s 1-0 (Downing)
Vs Beroe 1-0 (Nolan)
Vs Monchengladbach 1-1 (Noble)
Vs Cordoba 3-1 (C Cole, Nushi, Borriello)
Vs Ebbsfleet 2-0 (Collison, Borriello)
Vs Genoa 1-2 (Maguire)
Vs Alcoron 1-3 (Borriello)
Vs Elche 2-0 (Taylor, Noble)
Vs CS U Craiova 1-1 (C Cole)

From these games, we had a couple of gems.
Marco Borriello banged in a few, as did Mark Noble who was also getting MOTM awards. We had a solid defence of Tomkins and Reid, but the RB position was a little weak. Our strike force was awful with the exception of Borriello (and Carroll when he finally comes back) so we have a bit of work there.

Transfers

In
View attachment 596966Michael Keane: We managed to secure a 5 month loan deal for Keane as we only had 3 CBs and he's decent cover.
View attachment 596970
Angel Rangel: We snapped up the Swansea RB for 1.6m which is a right bargain - and stronger than our outgoing RBs.

Out
View attachment 596974Jussi Jaaskelainen - Barnsley 1K - Jussi was a fantastic servant for the club, but he was no longer number one and I wanted rid of him to bring in a young keeper as No 2.
View attachment 596975
Guy Demel - Nantes 375K- Guy done his job, but I was wanting more from him for his wages. Now he's playing first team football for Nantes.
View attachment 596981
Sebastian Lletget - Varese 81K - Sebastian was never going to be a first team player and the fact I got any for him was a victory in itself.
View attachment 596984
Blair Turgott - Morton Loan- Blair won't be a first team player, but he might be decent backup one day. Loans are needed for him right now, so he's off to Greenock.
View attachment 596987
Ricardo Vaz Te - Braga 775K -How the mighty fall. Vaz Te scored the winner in the play offs to promote West Ham, but to put it nicely, he's ****.
View attachment 596990
Joey O'Brien - Sunderland 1.5m - The Jimmy Carr lookalike (in some pictures, I swear) was just not doing it for me. Keane and Reid can play RB as well if Rangel is unavailable and I got some decent money for him. Easy peasy.
View attachment 596994
Alou Diarra - Rennes 40K pm Loan- It's hard to find a pic of him playing...Allardyce's biggest flop probably. He was on 60k a week so I had to do something and I sorta had to get rid of him. I still pay half his wages unfortunately.
View attachment 597008
Joe Cole - Chelsea Free - I was double managing this with my brother at the time who's a bit of a novice. I might have convinced him to take him on a free...dishonest I know...
View attachment 597011
Danny Potts - Tranmere Loan - Danny has the potential to be a decent LB in the Premier League, but we have cover so he can get some first team experience right now.
View attachment 597018
Stephen Henderson - Newcastle 1M - Surplus to requirement and I got decent money for him.
View attachment 376608
Abdul Razak - Newcastle 500K - He wasn't getting played and we needed an instant impact youngster rather than someone who may never break into the team. Surprisingly, Newcastle snapped him up as well as Hendo.
View attachment 376607
Matthias Fanimo - Welling Loan - He hasn't really got a future at the club, but I feel a responsibility to develop him a bit, by sending him out on loan.
View attachment 376606
Sean Maguire - Hamilton Loan - Sean genuinely has a chance of becoming a first team player one day and by playing in Scotland will be helpful.
View attachment 376605
Kieran Bywater - Havent and Waterlooville Loan - Another boy that needs some first team play.
View attachment 376604
Frazer Shaw - Boston Utd Loan - He's not tipped to be anything special, so he'll probably be loaned out until he can be released.
View attachment 376603
Jamie Harney - Whitehawk Loan - Jamie has been handy when I had no strikers at the start of the season, but is nowhere near first team yet.

The Houston Regime Starts Turbulent As Exodus Occurs

West Ham manager Michael Houston has shocked many fans by ridding the team of no less than EIGHT senior players.

The inexperienced manager may need to answer critics as he has only brought in two signings whilst making many leave.

Recently-departed defender Guy Demel said he was disappointed with the lack of patience from the new manager.

"To leave the club in such an abrupt way was very disappointing. The fans and most of the staff have been very supportive of me, but now I will prove Houston wrong at Nantes".

However, new Chelsea signing Joe Cole has supported the new manager's regime: "He may be controversial, but he's no-nonsense and trying to do the best job for the club on a shoestring budget. I completely understand why I was shown the door as my wages were very high."

Houston's side start their campaign at home to Newcastle next week.

Next: The start of the Premier League.

Apologies about the pictures not shown up, I know what I've done wrong there and will make sure it's fixed for the next post :)

I'm liking this so far. My granddads a massive West Ham fan so i've always found it fun trying to get them back to glory like the days of Bobby Moore etc.

Looks good, I've never managed a successful Hammers save so would be nice to see how it's done :)

August

We were ready to start the new season and with a few players injured, it was going to be a tough start.

West Ham VS Newcastle
View attachment 375897
West Ham 1-0 Newcastle

So a good start to the season. It might not have been pretty, but we got the win. Loanee Antonio Nocerino scored the only goal of the game, but we struggled to convert chances into goals.

Man Utd VS West Ham
View attachment 375896
Man Utd 3-1 West Ham

We knew that that was going to happen. Our team were lacking depth and United were looking strong. Borriello showed that he is more than adequate to fill the boots of Carroll, but it was a frustrating first half for us as we failed to keep the Red Devils at bay.

Torquay VS West Ham
View attachment 375895
Torquay 0-1 West Ham

A win is a win, but we should have scored a few more. 28 shots says it all in terms of dominance, but no end product. We are now through to the Third Round of the League Cup.

West Ham VS
Hull
View attachment 375893
West Ham 0-3 Hull

Absolutely atrocious. It was even in all fields. We both hit 12 shots, but Hull put 11 of those on target whilst we only managed a measly 3. It sums up what has been an awful start to the season.

Has Houston Taken Over a Sinking Ship?

It can be argued after the display at Old Trafford on Saturday that West Ham are really lacking a strong side that can stay up. They looked in control against Newcastle and got the three points, yet they should have scored two or three rather than just the one. Man Utd showed exactly what is wrong with the West Ham squad by scoring three past them in just over half an hour. They are dangerously down to the bear bones at the back with only four senior defenders currently available. Callum Driver played in the 3-0 defeat to Hull because three left backs were unavailable. Add that to the the lack of team chemistry - thanks to Nolan and Morrison's falling out - and you have a sinking ship. West Ham may have a history in ship building, but the only building they seem to be doing is the Titanic.

September

August was one to forget. Frustrating to see the team work hard and have no end product. After the defeat to Hull, we sit in 17th place. Now comes a busy September.

West Ham VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 375889
West Ham 1-0 Crystal Palace

We were the better team and we deserved the win. Happy enough with the result and we move up to 11th. However, an injury to Marco Borriello is a huge blow to the team and we need to play DUN DUN DUN Carlton Cole up front instead. Mark Noble got the goal as he showed an already good display.

Stoke VS West Ham
View attachment 375888
Stoke 3-0 West Ham

We weren't the better team, although 3-0 was harsh. We were complacent in the last 10 minutes and that made the defeat all the worse. Michael Keane and Mark Noble in particular had a nightmare game that they'll want to forget about.

Man Utd VS West Ham
View attachment 375886
Man Utd 2-0 West Ham

Man Utd were the better team and we are consequently out of the League Cup. Kagawa was difficult to control, but we can take positives that we didn't humiliate ourselves against a superior side.

Everton VS
West Ham

View attachment 375885
Everton 2-0 West Ham

Everton have been playing very well this season, but it was really annoying to see them trounce us the way a side like Man City or Chelsea would. Pienaar and Oviedo got the goals to keep the Hammers hovering over relegation in 17th place.

Cheap Manager, Cheap Quality

Well, I hope that West Ham learn their lesson from the hiring of manager Michael Houston - cheap isn't always good.
The Essex born, Scottish native has hardly shown character on the pitch this season and you have to wonder who to blame. Fair enough, his team lacks depth and quality, but he has to be blamed as well for his lack of tactical know-how and his decision to get rid of so many players. He must be annoyed that he didn't keep Demel and maybe Vaz Te at least.

Obviously, he is a rookie and 17th is still avoiding relegation, but I cannot see the fans being patient if they continue to slip up. He earlier spoke to the press following the Everton result:

On his team's slow start to the season "It's just a gelling period. A lot of the boys haven't played in the same team before and they also haven't played with me being the manager. I think if we at least pick up five points per month, we should be fine come the end of the season and from there we can try and rebuild the team".

Next...October, November and December

October

We have had a poor start to the season, but we can turn it round this month. We have a few games where we should win and I'm looking forward to climbing up the table.

West Ham VS Fulham
View attachment 374990
West Ham 0-0 Fulham

Bit annoyed that we couldn't beat a team who were a bit off form, but the most annoying thing was the lack of shots. We were completely ran over by our London rivals and they deserved the win. Former player Scott Parker got injured which is a shame I guess.

West Ham VS West Brom
View attachment 374985
West Ham 1-1 West Brom

We should have won this match. Unlike the other match, we deserved to win this. We were all over The Baggies and we were unlucky with Anelka's goal. However, the team were overall a bit poor as usual as they failed to convert chances into goals. We were now in the relegation zone as we sat in 18th place.

Tottenham VS West Ham
View attachment 374983
Tottenham 1-1 West Ham

There were 5 minutes of madness in the second half of the game. The ever-consistent Marco Borriello scored in the 51st, Angel Rangel managed to get himself sent off in the 52nd and Kyle Walker scored the equaliser in the 54th. From there Spurs were all over us, but we managed to hold on and get a point out of the match. However, we were still on a run of five matches without a win and we need to change that in November.

Houston Vows to End Streak

West Ham manager Michael Houston has came out declaring that his team's win-less streak will come to an end soon. The under-pressure boss has failed to win in his last five games and the lack of goals is worrying the fans, but he has claimed that his job is still safe: "Results haven't been going our way, but every team has a bad spell. I think this may be our bad patch in the season. The team is finally playing some good football and we just need to turn it into good results".
Houston's team currently sit 17th, one place above the relegation zone.

November

Sunderland VS West Ham
View attachment 374831
Sunderland 0-2 West Ham

We finally recorded a deserving win! It was a pretty even game but we took our chances and scored two in the first half. Marco Borriello and Mark Noble both scored as they continue to show why they have been vital to the team this year.

West Ham VS Man City
View attachment 374821
West Ham 0-2 Man City

We played OK for playing against potential champions. We got a decent amount of shots and we held them to 1-0 until the dying minutes. We're never going to challenge teams of this calibre until we have a decent team. Diame and Noble were pretty strong in the centre of midfield.

Cardiff VS West Ham
View attachment 374815
Cardiff 1-1 West Ham

We were the better team, but we didn't take our chances. Luckily for us Matt Jarvis scored 4 minutes from time to get us a well-deserved point after Wilfried Zaha opened the scoring. I guess we have done a decent job being away from home, but it's annoying that we couldn't grab all three.

West Ham VS Swansea
View attachment 374804
West Ham 3-0 Swansea

Our most confident win of the season. Swansea played well, but were no match for us. The strikers were shown up again as midfielders Mo Diame and Ravel Morrison scored goals in the first half before big centre back Winston Reid managed to nod in number three at the end. This month we managed 7 points from 4 games and I think that we can turn it around by the end of the season and secure a mid table finish.

Houston Has Found His Team Spirit

Just a month ago, Michael Houston was looking into the abyss. Now, he may be looking at another year in the West Ham job. Sure, a month does not change a job status (unless it is the deciding month of the season), but Houston has taken his team from a very worrying 17th last month to a rather respectable 12th. The team are playing together as a unit rather than individuals and they are strong in defence. The 3-0 win over Swansea showed how capable they are of winning games against mid table teams. If they can continue this form, they should be safe.

December

We were almost at the half-way stage and I had to start thinking of signings. Our strike force has been weak and we could do with some back up in defence so we'd be looking in them areas. But first, we had to start December.

Norwich VS West Ham
View attachment 374697
Norwich 0-1 West Ham

We were very messy for the majority of the match. Norwich were the better team and we gave away too many fouls. We gritted our teeth and went for it in the last ten minutes and Kevin Nolan made a super-sub appearance and scored the winner. Our defence was solid though, with on-loan youngster Michael Keane picking up the Man of the Match award after acting like a rock for the full game.

Southampton VS
West Ham

View attachment 374696
Southampton 1-2 West Ham

Again we were pretty lucky in terms of shots on target, but we do have a strategy that is working for us. Our counter strategy got us two goals through Marco Borriello before Rickie Lambert got one back for the Premier League strugglers. We are now four games unbeaten, so I'd say we are doing pretty well.

Chelsea VS West Ham
View attachment 374688
Chelsea 4-0 West Ham

We got absolutely battered out there. A mix of bad tactics, a "Can't Be Arsed" attitude from the players and a rare poor performance from Mark Noble - which resulted in his dismissal - were the reasons for that display and it was pretty humiliating. Eden Hazard ran rings around us and Frank Lampard ****** off his old club with a brace.

West Ham VS Liverpool
View attachment 374687
West Ham 2-0 Liverpool

After last week's shoddy display, we managed to secure a win over struggling Liverpool. We completely dominated and Borriello popped up to score the opening to give us hope. Despite a late surge by Liverpool, Matt Jarvis wrapped up the points with a second goal that created pandemonium at Upton Park. We were now inside the top 10 and looking more and more likely to stay up, whilst Liverpool were flirting with relegation (I know?).

West Ham VS Arsenal
View attachment 374681
West Ham 2-3 Arsenal

We are complete bottle merchants. Two-nil up and we still manage to lose. Leighton Baines must have been listening to Arsene Wenger's team talk because his wonder free kick started off a comeback from Arsenal. A very frustrating game because we were the best team in the first half but completely collapsed in the second. The late goal from Olivier Giroud was heartbreaking.

Aston Villa VS West Ham
View attachment 374680
Aston Villa 1-1 West Ham

We should have hammered this mob. Neither team were great and we had to get our goal from a Villa player in very unlucky (for them) circumstances. Villa are in the relegation zone so we should have won that match and it is not a great way to go into the new year.

Houston Signs New Contract

Today, on-fire West Ham boss Michael Houston signed a three-year contract with the club after some very exceptional performances in the past two months.

Houston struggled in his first ten games with the club, but has found some rhythm as his East London side sit in 10th place in the table. Chairman David Sullivan says he fully believes that Houston can get results at Upton Park:

"Michael has been here for 6 months and he has done more than Sam Allardyce done in his first year. He's cost us near-to-nothing on wages and he is very shrewd with the money he spends."

Houston added: "It's great to see that the board have so much faith in me and I won't let them down. My focus now goes to January where we are looking at a few players to bring in."

Houston's contract will now run out at the end of June 2016.

January

Transfers
In
View attachment 374678
Tsepo Masilela - Kaiser Chiefs 140K - Tsepo is a really good left back and is just as good as Pablo Armero, but we'll have him on a permanent transfer meaning that we can look towards next season. He also costs us under 20K in wages and was dirt cheap.
View attachment 374677
Denis Stracqualursi - Emelec 130K - Found him at an Ecuadorian club and he looks pretty good. We need a striker who is good, now and we may have found one. Very cheap wages (under 10k I think) and we bought him for near enough nothing as well.
View attachment 374673
Luciano Vietto - Racing Club 3.7M - He ends up being our most expensive signing so far, but he looks well worth it. He has a potential of 4 and a half stars and is currently three and a half. I managed to grab him without any big clubs noticing too!
View attachment 374671
Gaston Gil Romero - Estudiantes 2.8M - This was our final signing of the window as we managed to lure the young Argentine (again on a small wage) to Upton Park. He's only 19 and looks good for the future.

Out
View attachment 374664
Danny Whitehead - AFC Wimbledon Loan- He'll probably never play first team football for the Hammers, so giving him some experience in League Two is great.
View attachment 374663
Blair Turgott - Braintree Loan - Just like Danny, he's unlikely to be at the club for much longer, so it's good to just get him some experience.
View attachment 374662
Callum Driver - Braintree Loan - Joining Blair at Braintree is left back Callum Driver who famously made two first team appearances when three of our left backs were crocked. From Hull to Hyde - what a fall.
View attachment 374661
George McCartney - Oldham Loan - Linda isn't getting a game especially with Masilela coming in, so it was only logical to loan him out to let him attract attention from clubs as he will leave in the summer.
View attachment 374660
Carlton Cole - Cardiff Loan 10k p/m - Big Carlton was due a loan as we brought in two strikers and he was well down the pecking order. Luckily for him, he's still in the Premier League and luckily for us, we're making a bit of money out of it.

WARNING: ARGENTINIAN INVASION

For the second time, British land has been invaded by the Argentines and this time it isn't the Falklands. No, I am talking about the trio of South Americans who appeared at Upton Park this morning - Stracqualursi, Vietto and Gil Romero.

Stracquarlursi will make a return to the Premier League after having a season with Everton a few years back, whilst youngsters Vietto and Gil Romero have been tipped to be future stars at the club.

"We spent 6.6m on the three players, so I think that we have done very well - especially as two have been tipped to become future Argentina senior squad members" - Michael Houston

"Getting an opportunity to play in the Premier League again is great. I just hope that I can fight for a place in the first team and continue scoring goals" - Denis Stracqualursi

"It is a dream come true to move to England. I think I have what it takes to break into the first team and show Michael that I am worth the money that he paid" - Luciano Vietto

"I am not too bothered right now if I don't make the starting 11 as I am very young, but one day I want to be in Europe with West Ham and really show my talent" - Gaston Gil Romero

Newcastle VS West Ham
View attachment 374659
Newcastle 0-2 West Ham

Another great win for us as we start 2014 off in style and get two wins over Newcastle. They were dominant, but we managed two late goals through debutant Luciano Vietto and Winston Reid.

Portsmouth VS West Ham
View attachment 374656
Portsmouth 0-0 West Ham

We should have won this match, but we didn't bury our chances and now we need to play them again in an FA Cup Replay match, Embarrassing.

Hull VS West Ham
View attachment 374654
Hull 2-4 West Ham

We were a little leaky at the back, but credit to the boys for staging a comeback. Liam Rosenior scored very early on, but Stewart Downing equalised and from then on we didn't look like losing. Penalties from Winston Reid and Downing made it 3-1 before Armero scored a cracker to make it 4. David Meyler managed a consolation goal in the last minute. As for our team, 8 shots, 8 on target - brilliant.

West Ham VS Portsmouth
View attachment 374653
West Ham 3-1 Portsmouth

With a couple of first team players being rested, we done pretty well. Armero scored for the 2nd successive game and we started well. However, Portsmouth were strong and got the equaliser. New signing Stracqualursi put us back in front and Reid finished it off in the dying minutes. We play Oxford in the next round.

West Ham VS Man Utd
View attachment 374652
West Ham 1-0 Man Utd

Brilliant brilliant game! Our defence was solid, our strikers were menacing and our midfield was frustrating to come up against. The game was pretty even, but our defence stopped them in their tracks which led to James Tomkins getting MOTM. Luciano Vietto scored again as he continues to impress.

Oxford VS West Ham
View attachment 374651
Oxford 2-1 West Ham

They scored because of an embarrassing own goal from Rangel and from their only on target shot, but fair play to them. We were wasteful and only Noble's penalty could respond. Probably the worst game of football from my team.

West Ham VS Stoke
View attachment 374650
West Ham 2-0 Stoke

Our strikers were great today, but there weren't many chances created. Vietto is showing that he is worth the money he is was bought for and Andy Carroll's return saw him pick up a goal. We went into February with high hopes for the rest of the season as we now sat in 7th place.

West Ham - Underdogs of the Season?

Just three months ago, West Ham were in 17th place, looking doomed and the manager seemed to not have a clue as to what was going on. Oh have the times changed.

His side now sit just three points off of 5th place which would be a guaranteed Europa League spot. If things go their way in the FA Cup, 7th place could also be enough to gain a European place. The signing of the Argentines and Tsepo Masilela were a blessing to the team and if they continue this form, we'll see a bunch of Cockneys jumping around Europe next season.

Next Time...February and March

Great read this mate, well don on changing your fortunes around....some fantastic signings especially Vietto and Romero :) if you can and hasn't already moved take a look at Eder Balanta the CB absolute beast lol...

Great read this mate, well don on changing your fortunes around....some fantastic signings especially Vietto and Romero :) if you can and hasn't already moved take a look at Eder Balanta the CB absolute beast lol...
I tried mate, he isn't interested in me haha! Thanks!