Who should i be?

• Total voters

leckuno

Reaction score
Looking for some help. Got 4 teams I'm considering and can't decide who to go

As standard - suggestions for those looking

Hey guys,

I am returning back to FM after maybe 4 years and for my first save, I want to settle up and get used to new stuff, so I would like you to help me with managing my first team:

1. Tier: Only Europe, first leagues, need a team with stable or better finances, no big expectations and stable squad - no big challenge to achieve their goals
2. Tier: Also team, which I can be seen by big clubs, so it is possible for me to get better job in the future (if I will succeed)
3. Tier: I always enjoy buying striker :D So maybe the team, which need to improve in attack

If you got some ideas, share with me please, I will be glad :)

Athletic Bilbao or RBL?

Not sure between which ones of those two. Hoping you guys can help.

Athletic Bilbao or RBL?

Not sure between which ones of those two. Hoping you guys can help.

Those are massively different saves when you get right down to it. Sure, both are big clubs in big leagues with European competition in the first season. But Bilbao have the Basque-only policy which forces you into a very limited transfer policy, focusing heavily on youth development, with only a few transfer targets you can go after. It can be a really cool and really fulfilling save. Its also a widely respected club, for its Basque policy and its history.

RB Leipzig are basically the polar opposite of that. They have a great youth development setup but they go after youths from all over. They are also rather hated in Germany because they are the most plastic of plastic clubs. They have no history. You are building a new history, which can be appealing.

Who to go

Okay so I have a few saves already with Rangers, Wrexham, Liverpool. Done a bottom to the top in Scotland already and just got bored of a Gibraltar save. Need a bit of advice for a save to go for some fun and a bit of a challenge.

Anybody got an ideas ?

Do similar to Derby Jack in stories do a mercenary game start with nothing and chase the money and see where it takes you and become the highest paid manager in the world

Looking for an Italian team to break up Juventus's monopoly of Serie A, preferably a mid table team. Don't really fancy either Milano team as they are kind of too obvious to start with. I have tried Udinese, Torino and Roma and enjoyed all saves. Team has to have the possibility of becoming a financial force, not drowning with debts.
Don't have time these days to take a detailed look at the teams in Italy because of work and moving apartments so this save is something I'd start later on so any team advice would be appreciated.

Any suggestions? :D

Last edited:
Looking for an Italian team to break up Juventus's monopoly of Serie A, preferably a mid table team. Don't really fancy either Milano team as they are kind of too obvious to start with. I have tried Udinese, Torino and Roma and enjoyed all saves. Team has to have the possibility of becoming a financial force, not drowning with debts.
Don't have time these days to take a detailed look at the teams in Italy because of work and moving apartments so this save is something I'd start later on so any team advice would be appreciated.

Can't help with potential budgets etc. and you've already played the team I would have suggested with Roma, but otherwise Napoli or Lazio might be a good bet. I'd also look at Fiorentina - they've got a decent sized stadium which would help with bringing money in

What about Atalanta? Got great youth prospects and also a great youth academy. Might take you a few seasons but I've seen people do it before with them

What about Atalanta? Got great youth prospects and also a great youth academy. Might take you a few seasons but I've seen people do it before with them

Hmm they sound interesting. What about their finances, is it going to make things difficult?

Looking to do something a bit different and steer clear of the UK and the bigger nations (Spain, Italy, Germany, France). Ideally looking for a team with reasonable finances who are in the lower leagues of their nation.

Fresh ideas/ Help needed.

So I’m at a loss with who to go and when picking someone, keeping interested. So far I’ve managed Fylde and took them to the championship before moving on to Huddersfield for a couple of seasons. Then my save data got corrupted. So now I’m looking at the other end of the game an looking to find a long term save with both challenge and success. I’m a Man Utd fan and after winning 18 for my first 21 games found it all abit to easy. So I’m looking for ideas and also an explanation why. I’ve been thinking;

Lazio
Ac Milan
Napoli
inter
schalke
RBL
Athletico
Everton
Southampton

Looking to do something a bit different and steer clear of the UK and the bigger nations (Spain, Italy, Germany, France). Ideally looking for a team with reasonable finances who are in the lower leagues of their nation.

Not lower leagues, but Valeranga in Norway are a good shout.

I've a save going in Switzerland with Servette FC, they've got some decent youth prospects and a couple of good senior players. Excellent youth facilities but the senior training facilities need improving, transfer budget ok only real downside is the wage budget you will need to get rid of the higher earners if you really want to make headway I feel. For a challenge league team (second tier) they are good propects.

Who should i be?

As an title, who should i be? I'm looking for team that has fresh and clean history or is small/new club or club that get few relegations and his position is in 1 division. I found some interesting me clubs.

1 - AFC Fylde - small english club in 5th division, with no history and growing up every day
2 - Real Santander - playing in 2nd columbian division small club. i choose this one cause i just love Narcos :D
3 - CF Villanovense - 3rd spanish division, small and fresh club. maybe it should be like barca or real?
4 - RCD Mallorca - same as up, but it's known club in all around the world. so? Maybe we should came back to la liga?

If you have any options feel free to leave any advice. Cheers!

Who to be - left field teams

Want to try something different and in a random league. Lower European leagues, Asia or South/North American... any ideas?

As an Englishman I cant say that I have started many saves in England over the last couple of years, For anoyone looking for something a little different I had a great time with IFK Goteborg and Hajduk Split on separate saves, Croatian league is an interesting one, If you can get progress in Europe (and by progress I mean make it to the Group stages of CL/EL) the leagues rep shoots up pretty quick opening up more qualification places.

I have a few teams in mind for future saves, incase anyone else needs some inspiration heres who I have in mind:
Red Star FC (Paris)
Glasgow Rangers
1860 Munich
St Pauli
Sampdoria

One last FM18 save.. any ideas welcome!

[FONT=&quot]Looking to do one last FM18 save.. if anyone has any ideas at all please help!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]