The "Will my Game work?" Thread

*James*

Modern Day Leg End
Reaction score
For PC users only, and not just for FM.. Basically this thread is for people who know enough about computers to judge whether a game will work on a particular computer, using system specs and game requirements. I thought people may need this thread to make sure a game would work on their PC before purchasing, as well as if they wanted to ask general questions about improving their system, such as their Direct X or Graphics' Cards. Of course, if you don't know anything on the subject then don't just guess.

I'll get the ball rolling with an example:

I have pre-ordered the F1 2010 game on PC, but have been worried by the games' minimum requirements released earlier this week:

• Windows XP/Vista/7
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
  • 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
  • DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
  • Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
  • 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

My system specs are:

View attachment 104188

Windows Vista 32 Bit, DirectX 11. ATI Radeon HD2600 Graphics Card. 49.5 GB Hard Drive Memory.

Anyway, there is my example, answer if you know, not if you think. I hope you get the general idea of the thread. :)

Obviosuly it can also be used for helping installation problems on FM, but that isn't the main idea, as there already is a general help thread.

Last edited:
Because my last Codemasters game was Ashes Cricket 2009, and that absolutely epically failed - graphics were awful, it completely crashed, and I was so gutted... :(

Well what Graphics card do you have? The minimum card they recommend (The 7600) is nearly 5 years old so you should be safe as long as you're not using onboard graphics.

Oh and for everyone else.... Can You Run It?.

Well what Graphics card do you have? The minimum card they recommend (The 7600) is nearly 5 years old so you should be safe as long as you're not using onboard graphics.

How do you use this ?
I bought The Witcher a few months ago for quite a bit of money and it kept crashing on me so will this tell me exactly what isn't up to scratch to play the game ?

ATI Radeon HD2600 - I'm told it will work, but still do not trust Codemasters since AC 2009

How do you use this ?
I bought The Witcher a few months ago for quite a bit of money and it kept crashing on me so will this tell me exactly what isn't up to scratch to play the game ?

Select the game from the list, and click the big button. It will tell you which min requirements you don't meet.

hmmm HD 2600 isn't the most idea card but You should be able to run it, though probably on minimum. Can you run it is a very good program, good idea lee. Oh and great idea for a thread btw! :D

hmmm HD 2600 isn't the most idea card but You should be able to run it, though probably on minimum. Can you run it is a very good program, good idea lee. Oh and great idea for a thread btw! :D

Cheers buddy. :) What does the HD stand for in HD 2600 stand for then? oO)

You know I've never looked into that, even though I've owned an HD series graphics card for 2 years now! :S I don't know haha

yeah using system Requirements lab should be anyones forst point of call, however it does not always tell the full story.
some Graphics cards are good enough to run a certian game, but System Requirements lab says its not, more than likely because the graphics card is not an official supported card for the game.

An example, System Requirements lab say I cannot run Modern War Fare 2, however I can and even at High spec.

How ever most the time its correct, or gives you a very good idea