Reaction score
Today the world was in shock as Arsene Wenger walked away from the Gunners after increasing pressure that he can 'no longer win the big one!'
View attachment 293287
In 1996, Wenger was named manager of Arsenal and two years later the club completed a league and FA Cup double. He led Arsenal to appearances in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final and 2001 FA Cup Final, and a second league and cup double in 2002. Arsenal retained the FA Cup in 2003 and a year later regained the league title, becoming the first club to go through an entire league season undefeated since Preston North End, 115 years previously. The team later eclipsed Nottingham Forest's record of 42 league matches unbeaten and went seven more matches before losing in October 2004 to fierce rivals Manchester United.
His approach to the game emphasises an attacking mentality, with the aim that football ought to be entertaining on the pitch. Wenger's Arsenal teams are often criticised for their indiscipline; his players received 80 red cards between September 1996 and October 2010, though the team has won awards for sporting fair play. At Monaco, Wenger earned a reputation for spotting young talent, and he has remained focused on developing a youth system; his clubs develop young players instead of buying expensive, experienced ones. He has faced criticism for sticking closely to his principles, and football pundits have questioned his ambition to win trophies.

View attachment 293290
Arsenal players have taken to Twitter to express their disbelieve at Wenger leaving.

@Frimpong26AFC - Really am shocked that Arsene has left! True legend #TrueGunner!
@Alex_OxChambo - Very sad day! Arsene Wegner, a true Arsenal legend has left! I wish him the best of luck whatever he decides to do! #NeverTheSame

Even some non-Arsenal players took to Twitter to express their thoughts...
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]@rioferdy5 - Wow! So it's true? I thought it was a wind up! Still, best of luck to mr Wenger![/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]@IAmJermainDefoe - Would like to wish Arsene luck! Had some great memories! #TopGuy![/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]So this brings the inevitable question of "Who's next?"
Well Peter Hill-Wood has confirmed talks are ongoing with the man after Wenger....

[/FONT]View attachment 293292
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
Latest Odds!
Harry Redknapp - 6/4
[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Pep Guardiola - 15/8
​David Moyes - 7/2
[/FONT]

View attachment 293302
We are here today at Arsenal's press office to meet the new man in charge of Arsenal Football Club. No one as yet knows who this person is, we're hoping to find out in around 3-4 minutes....

*Unknown man enters with Peter Hill-Wood & they both take a seat.*
Peter Hill-Wood - "Ladies & gentlemen, the new manager of Arsenal Football Club, Mr Sam Wilson!"
Reporter - "Welcome Mr Hill-Wood, Mr Wilson."
Sam Wilson - "It's an absolute pleasure to be here, thanks for having me."
Reporter - "Well first of all, welcome to Arsenal Football Club. Can you briefly tell us how you feel about being here?"
Sam Wilson - "It's an amazing feeling to know that a football club with such tradition & history as this one has asked me personally to take control of them for the next year atleast."
Reporter - "So it's a one-year contract I assume?"
Sam Wilson - "Yes."
Reporter - "How confident are you of winning a trophy this season?"
Sam Wilson - "I am very confident & with good reason. Look at our team. Internationals all over, with youth & experience. Now I just need to differentiate between the two & we'll be just fine."
Reporter - "What are your thoughts on the situation involving Arsene Wenger?"
Sam Wilson - "Well it was always going to be tough, he lost Robin Van Persie, Thierry Henry, Adebayor, Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas as well as many others. Look at the names I gave you there! If they had of stayed, I wouldn't be sat here now. Mr Wenger did a great job replacing the almost irreplaceable. He had a tough break but no one can doubt the mans abilities as a manager. That will be all for this interview, thank you..."

*Peter Hill-Wood & Sam Wilson leave the room"

Wilson did afterwards on his way out of the Emirates that his number one priority was to tie down the new contracts of current players before he adds to his squad. Which, ofcoure included Theo Walcott, the wanted man only has one year left on his contract.
View attachment 293306

SIGNED!
Emmanuel Frimpong, Theo Walcott, Wojciech Szczesny, Andrei Arshavin & Carl Jenkinson all sign new contracts with the Gunners.

Aswell as getting players to sign new contracts, Wilson has also offloaded some deadwood from the ranks, with Damian Martinez going on loan to Velez. Sebastien Squillaci joining Newcastle for £1.3million & Vito Mannone leaving for £1.5million to join London rivals, Fulham.

BUSY PRE-SEASON!

Pre-season results -
AZ 1-2 Arsenal (Miquel, Walcott)
Arsenal 1-4 Bayern Munich (Cazorla)
Samut Songkram 1-1 Arsenal (Djourou)
Sriracha 1-1 Arsenal (Giroud)
Vit. Setubal 2-4 Arsenal (Chamakh 3, Arshavin)
River 2-7 Arsenal (Chamakh 2, Podolski, Arteta, Giroud 2, O.G)

Quite a disappointing pre-season in-terms of results. Made worse by losing Theo Walcott to a broken leg!

OUT OF ARSENAL!
Sanchez Watt > Ipswich (£240k)

IN TO ARSENAL

View attachment 293322View attachment 293323View attachment 293324View attachment 293325View attachment 293326

Joining the Gunners revolution (from left to right in the pictures)

Adrian (£15.75m), Benat (£17.5m), Ashley Williams (£9.25m), Zakaria Bakkali (£575k) & Hatem Ben Arfa (£15.25m).

The signings one by one...

Adrian -
A very good young player, mainly influenced because of the injury to Theo Walcott, but, I'm 100% Adrian will challenge Walcott all the way for that starting spot.

Benat -
A shock signing to most Arsenal fans. The former Betis man was wanted by money-bags Manchester City, but opted to join Arsenal. A man with a very dangerous set-piece ability, a cracking long shot & great team work. Will not be long before the Gunners faithful are cheering this players name.

Ashley Williams -
Another shock signing! Especially for the large fee payed by manager Sam Wilson! Wilson stated that Williams is a fantastic player, who is good in the air, agile, always aware & hungry for success. Well if you put it like that, why not sign him?

Zakaria Bakkali - A very young man with bags of potential. All I can say is, watch this space!

Hatem Ben Arfa - I'm sure everyone in the Premierleague is fully aware of the ability this player has! Quick, agile, fast-feet, ambitious, good crossing ability....is it me, or, is he a little bit like a young Freddie Ljungberg...?