The World NEEDS You! World SuperLeague Project!

DeathRage

Reaction score
So I saw something similar to this done last year - maybe the year before, I lose track... Anyways... What I'm proposing is a kinda collaborative World SuperLeague.

To get this rolling in the DB I've moved all of the Canadian clubs to the USA. Still based in Canada, of course, and simply whacked them in 'Lower Leagues,' meaning that the USA is still a playable nation.

I've created two divisions: the World SuperLeague & the World PremierLeague, an elite league system based in the historically not-that-good-at-football nation of Canada. There's a cup and super cup, too, and an U20s league (just the one, but it'll be split into groups) and a cup and super cup there as well.

But for this project to work it needs teams, and that's where the collaborative part comes in. There's a basic 'form,' below, ready to be copy/pasted and filled in. You can literally pick anywhere in the world, any country any city/town... If it's not already in the DB, I'll add it! Ideally, there'll be at least one team from each continent making this a truly worldwide project, but I think only one team from any given city (eg one from Madrid, one from Arbroath, one from Calgary... you get the point, right?) as I'm not sure a single city would be capable of housing quite so much awesomeness as two WSL teams would present!

Continents Used So Far...

Europe - x2
Africa - x1
Oceania -
Asia -
North America - x1
South America -

So I'll explain the 'form,' a little bit...

Team Name and Colours should be pretty self-explanatory, same goes for Sponsor, City, Nation, Stadium Name and Capacity, Youth Stadium Name & Nickname...

Feeder Team - Yes, you get to select your own feeder team. For example, I've created a club for this DB and based them in Nottingham so I've got Forest as a feeder team. It's your call though, they can be based anywhere else in the world.

Youth Team Name refers to your U20s. Basically, how would you like them listed in the DB? Simply as [insert city here] U20s? Academy? Or some other suffix?

Players... You're allowed to select three players from anywhere in the world, providing that someone hasn't already picked them, to be added to your team. The rest of your squad, you'll have to build that from the ground up.

Staff... Select your assistant manager, a coach and chief scout. As above, the rest of your backroom you'll have to build from scratch.

I filled a few bits out to give you an idea and posted a blank 'form,' too...

Ideally... I'd like two 10-team divisions at a minimum - a maximum of 16 teams in each, making potentially 32 teams worldwide overall. The first 10 created will be the SuperLeague teams with reputations between 8500 & 9500 and the next 10, the PremierLeague teams, will be between 7500 & 8500.

This DB should work alongside any other loaded nation - not necessarily another user-created DB - but the ones that come with the game and if your created team is based in the Faroe Islands, for example, they'll be able to qualify for European competition representing the Faroes.

Team Name: Trentside Rangers FC
Short Name: Trent Rangers
Colours (Home/Away/Third):Green-Black-Red/Black-Red-Yellow/Red-Green
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): The Southbank Bar
Nickname: Southbank
Feeder Team: Nottm Forest
Youth Team Name: Rangers Academy
City, Nation: Nottingham, England
Stadium Name: Trentside Arena
Youth Stadium Name: Rangers Academy
Capacity: 32200
Players: Ben Osbourn, Lewis McGugan, Karl Darlow
Staff: Teddy Sheringham, Brian Kidd, David Johnson

Team Name:
Short Name:
Colours (Home/Away/Third):
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!):
Nickname:
Feeder Team:
Youth Team Name:
City, Nation:
Stadium Name:
Youth Stadium Name:
Capacity:
Players:
Staff:

Last edited:
Team Name: Ajax Nicosia
Short Name: Ajax Nicosia
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Red and White/White and Red/Blue and Yellow
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): Samsung
Nickname: The Arrows
Feeder Team: Ajax Amsterdam
Youth Team Name: Ajax Nicosia U-21
City, Nation: Nicosia, Stadium
Stadium Name: RDS Park
Youth Stadium Name: Same as above
Capacity: 43,000
Players: Theofanis Gekas, Adrian Mutu, Lucio
Staff: Assistant Manager: Jan Olde Riekerink
Coach: Claudio Bordon
Chief Scout: Steve Rowley

I can have a go at kits if you want.. Probably not logos but if you can find someone to do logos then I can add them to the kit..

Team Name: Ajax Nicosia
Short Name: Ajax Nicosia
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Red and White/White and Red/Blue and Yellow
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): Samsung
Nickname: The Arrows
Feeder Team: Ajax Amsterdam
Youth Team Name: Ajax Nicosia U-21
City, Nation: Nicosia, Stadium
Stadium Name: RDS Park
Youth Stadium Name: Same as above
Capacity: 43,000
Players: Theofanis Gekas, Adrian Mutu, Lucio
Staff: Assistant Manager: Jan Olde Riekerink
Coach: Claudio Bordon
Chief Scout: Steve Rowley

Nicosia, Cyprus or Nicosia, Italy?

I can have a go at kits if you want.. Probably not logos but if you can find someone to do logos then I can add them to the kit..

That'd be cool, man. I'll see if I can find someone to create logos :) Cheers

Team Name: Africa United
Short Name: Africa United
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Green/Yellow/Red, Orange/Black, Blue/Yellow
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): None
Nickname: The Lions
Feeder Team: Kaizer Chiefs
Youth Team Name: Young Lions Academy
City, Nation: Cape Town, South Africa
Stadium Name: The Lions Den
Youth Stadium Name: ^
Capacity: 35,600
Players: Pierre-Emrick Aubameyang, Yaya Toure, Andre Ayew
Assistant Manager: Otto Addo
Coach: Finidi George
Chief Scout: Pierre Aubame

So as the WSL is based in Canada, I thought we'd best have at least one team from the nation.

Team Name: Kluane Lake Destruction
Short Name: Kluane Lake
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Blue-White/Red-Blue/Blue-White-Red
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): Fas Gas
Nickname: The Destruction
Feeder Team: Vancouver Whitecaps
Youth Team Name: Kluane Lake U-20
City, Nation: Destruction Bay, Canada
Stadium Name: The Talbot Arm
Youth Stadium Name: ^^
Capacity: 16300
Players: Cyle Larin, Mark Schwarzer, Frank Lampard
Staff: Billy Davies, Jason Dodd, Stéphane Chapuisat

Team Name: Taiping United
Short Name: Taiping
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Yellow-Black/White-Yellow/White-Black
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): Petronas
Nickname: The Silver Seladang
Feeder Team: Arsenal FC
Youth Team Name: Taiping Youth United
City, Nation: Taiping, Malaysia
Stadium Name: The Raintown Stadium
Youth Stadium Name: Mini Raintown Stadium
Capacity: 45000
Players: Vincent Aboubakar, Antoine Griezman, Alessio Romagnoli
Staff: Steve Bould, Boro Primorac, Tony Adams

Team Name: Club Milano
Short Name: Club Milan
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Black/gold, Red/black, Black white
Sponsor: Versace
Nickname: Unito
Feeder Team: Boca
Youth Team Name: Maldinos
City, Nation: Milan, Italy
Stadium Name: Miladome
Youth Stadium Name: Gioventu Arena
Players: Dybala, Rugani, Donarumma
Assistant manager: Mauro Tasotti,
Coach: Phil Cannon
Chief Scout: Pierluigi Casiragi

Last edited:
Team Name: Clube de Futebol do Janeiro
Short Name: Janeiro
Colours (Home/Away/Third): All white, light blue trim / All light blue, white trim (home reversed) / All dark green
Sponsor: None
Nickname: Capital
Feeder Team: Flamengo
Youth Team Name: Academia de Janeiro
City, Nation: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stadium Name: Grande Estádio
Youth Stadium Name: Estádio Academia
Capacity: 82,500
Players: Danilo, Luan, Victor Valdes
Staff: Antonio Karmona (Assistant Manager), Cristian Stellini (Coach), Francis Cagigao (Scout)

Team Name: Taiping United
Short Name: Taiping
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Yellow-Black/White-Yellow/White-Black
Sponsor (assuming some kind-hearted FM-Base user would be awesome enough to create a kit/logo pack for the DB, of course!): Petronas
Nickname: The Silver Seladang
Feeder Team: Arsenal FC
Youth Team Name: Taiping Youth United
City, Nation: Taiping, Malaysia
Stadium Name: The Raintown Stadium
Youth Stadium Name: Mini Raintown Stadium
Players: Vincent Aboubakar, Antoine Griezman, Alessio Romagnoli
Staff: Steve Bould, Boro Primorac, Tony Adams

Team Name: Club Milano
Short Name: Club Milan
Colours (Home/Away/Third): Black/gold, Red/black, Black white
Sponsor: Versace
Nickname: Unito
Feeder Team: Boca
Youth Team Name: Maldinos
City, Nation: Milan, Italy
Stadium Name: Miladome
Youth Stadium Name: Gioventu Arena
Players: Dybala, Rugani, Donarumma
Assistant manager: Mauro Tasotti,
Coach: Phil Cannon
Chief Scout: Pierluigi Casiragi

Team Name: Clube de Futebol do Janeiro
Short Name: Janeiro
Colours (Home/Away/Third): All white, light blue trim / All light blue, white trim (home reversed) / All dark green
Sponsor: None
Nickname: Capital
Feeder Team: Flamengo
Youth Team Name: Academia de Janeiro
City, Nation: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stadium Name: Grande Estádio
Youth Stadium Name: Estádio Academia
Capacity: 82,500
Players: Danilo, Luan, Victor Valdes
Staff: Antonio Karmona (Assistant Manager), Cristian Stellini (Coach), Francis Cagigao (Scout)

So one issue I’ve come across whilst testing this DB - using a handful of other teams I created myself that probably won’t feature in the final version - is that regardless of a club’s based nation (eg South Africa in the case of Africa United) is that all of the greyed out players, whilst they have SA nationality, have Canadian names. Same goes for a team I created based out of Shanghai and others...

The other issue is with continental qualification. Now it may be because the teams are from various confederations but the only continental finals they qualify for is the NACL.

The latter problem is easily fixable by either removing Canada from FIFA/CONCACAF or, as is preferable, basing the league in a defunct nation. Whether that will make a difference to continental qualification, I don’t know, but I’ll find out.

Anyways... When I've got eight teams here - two more, unless I've miscounted quite spectacularly - I shall release that 8-team SuperLeague as V1.0 of the DB

Anyways... When I've got eight teams here - two more, unless I've miscounted quite spectacularly - I shall release that 8-team SuperLeague as V1.0 of the DB

Nice its a good idea! Are you releasing the DB or making a story out of it?

I wasn't intending to make a story out of it, but you never know. I'll get the full DB out first, and then we'll see :)

I think it would make a great story for everyone to follow how their clubs are doing!

And after you have gone too all the effort of using the editor it would be a shame not to use it as a story I think!

Just sim and follow the clubs and add screenshots :)

I think it would make a great story for everyone to follow how their clubs are doing!

And after you have gone too all the effort of using the editor it would be a shame not to use it as a story I think!

Just sim and follow the clubs and add screenshots :)

Ah now I may well do that, hehe :)