Sheffield Football Club
The World's First Football Club

New_Club_logo.jpg

A view of the Coach & Horses Ground

Coach%20and%20Horses%20Ground%205.jpg

Coach%20and%20Horses%20Ground%208.jpg

Coach%20and%20Horses%20Ground%204.jpg

[ Stadium Paranoramic Photo ]

A pre-match meal and beer can also be enjoyed at the local pub, which is situated in front of the stadium.

Coach%20and%20Horses%20Ground%203.jpg

WHERE IT ALL BEGAN...

A World United. Football crosses all continents and transcends all religious divides. In a very real sense it brings the world together. So where did it all begin, this game for a new world?

EARLIEST RECORDS
There are records of earlier forms of football being played in China that date back almost 2000 years; and a form of the game was enjoyed in ancient Greece and Rome. However it was in England that this sport was to take shape and become the game the world now recognizes as football.

BRINGING ORDER TO CHAOS
By the mid 19th century the game had evolved somewhat with various Public Schools and Universities who introduced their own idiosyncratic laws that co-existed. What was needed though was a strong set of individuals to impose a standard set of laws and that is precisely what happened in Sheffield.

rulebook.gif

Sheffield Football Club’s influence on the modern game cannot be overstated. They have pioneered the writing of a commonly accepted set of rules, played a key role in the formation of the FA and were involved in a host of innovations such as the first crossbar, the first corner kick, the first free kick and the first floodlit match.

cpicon_1.gif
cpicon_2.gif
cpicon_3.gif
cpicon_4.gif
cpicon_5.gif
cpicon_6.gif

Last edited:
Intermission

The aim of this post is to highlight how i've set the game up, database size and other stuff.

Leagues:
I recreated the English leagues down to level 8 myself, I didn't use Super Bladesman' file because the cups just took forever to load. The database goes down to the Regional First Divisions.

Database Size:
Large

Included players:
Players based in the UK & Ireland, Players from top clubs from all six continents and Players with National Reputation from central Europe.

Database Edits: Some database edits where required before I started the game. These where to add the real Sheffield FC chairman Richard Tims (who has been there since 1999 - yet FM has it completely wrong) and Head of brand Guy Higton (who I put in as a club director). I also edited the stadium capacity to the exact figure of 1,200 (according to wikipedia) and 250 seats (according to the official SFC website).

Also, I unofficially added rivalries with Sheff Wednesday and Sheff Utd, simply because I plan on taking SFC all the way, wanting big matches, and don't think my existing rivals (Hallam, Glapwell and Retford) will be following too closely behind.

Finally, FMRTE has been used to change my date of birth only.

Back to the story...

Club Name: Sheffield Football Club
Club Nickname: The Club
Stadium: The Coach & Horses Ground
Starting Capacity: 1200

Founded: 24 October 1857

Last edited:
Good luck pal, how do you get to be Sheffield fc? editor by any chance? if so can you give me the link to it please. private message it me please (A). ill be following seen as I come from Sheffield and my uncle play's for Sheffield fc - Steven woolley

Good luck pal, how do you get to be Sheffield fc? editor by any chance? if so can you give me the link to it please. private message it me please (A). ill be following seen as I come from Sheffield and my uncle play's for Sheffield fc - Steven woolley

Yeah the editor.. I re-created the lower english leagues myself. If you want the editor data file uploading I will get round to it next time i'm on my laptop.

I'm letting a bit of game time pass before updating, otherwise I won't have much to report on.

Status
Not open for further replies.