thanks Steven, I hope we can shake this off, its extremely frustrating but im foolishly optimistic....for now.

Its safe to say things aren't going exactly to plan at the moment. My three man defence is just about keeping their heads above water, however my faith in all out attack is wavering as we continue to struggle to score more then the opposition.

Championship
1st December 2012
r1.png~original

We start the festive season in fine form as left midfielder, Micheal Jacobs puts Watfords promotion push on hold with a well taken brace in the second half. Our away form is probably the only thing holding this season together.

Championship
4th December 2012

s1.png~original

We just cant perform at Pride Park. Brighton are having a solid season thus far and a goal against the run of play from Dicker continued to keep the Seagulls well in the promotion race. We are simply consistently inconsistent.

Championship
8th December 2012

t1.png~original

Well things started well as Jamie Ward returned to scoring ways with a fifth minute goal but we failed to keep hold of the lead, with The Tigers scoring early in the second half to make it five home games in a row without victory. The pressure is mounting.

Championship
15th December 2012

u1.png~original

Well I didn't have to wait long. Jamie Ward is showing signs of form with a second goal in as many games as a tense game against Crystal Palace finally saw us give the loyal Rams fans something to cheer about, at an increasingly frustrated Pride Park.

Championship
22nd December 2012

v1.png~original

He just cant stop. Three in three for our Northern Irish Maradonna, however an instant equaliser from former Ram Rob Hulse made sure we would miss out on some much needed points, however a brief cameo from Suazo following his injury gave us something to be positive about.

Championship
26th December 2012

w1.png~original

Despite once again finding the net, the game ended in disaster, as Ward was helped off the pitch before the break with a suspected twisted ankle. Junior Stanislas then cancelled out our opener to cap a rather disappointing boxing day.

Championship
29th December 2012

x1.png~original

A well earned point against a strong Blackburn side saw us end the year with something to be proud of however the return of Suazo lasted just one game as the Honduran striker followed Ward to the treatment room with a thigh strain, ruling them both out for a month. It appears age might be catching up with the hitman.

Championship Table
December 2012

y1.png~original

Despite feeling permanently rooted in mid-table were actually just seven points away from the play off spots as the Championship continues to build its reputation as a league were anything can happen.

Were not out of this yet.

Last edited:
Sorry Brooksey, was at the cinema with the Girlfriend. By the way Star Trek is an EXTREMELY long film...or at least it felt like it. Back to Managing!

The January transfer window is upon us and with our form currently appearing to be completely missing, I opted to make one all important move in order to turn this season into a success, however before that I needed to clear some space...

b2.png~original

Our Blue Square feeder club, Mansfield snapped up two of our young players, with American striker Connor Doyle and defender Luke Adams both packing their bags for the depths of non league football. Neither of them will be missed but still they will certainly boost Mansfields chances.

With that taken care of I set about welcoming my latest signing.

Now for a club struggling to maintain leads and with little in the way of strong defensive talent it would have been a fool who wouldn't have looked to strengthen our defensive options...

z1.png~original

Sometimes I confuse even myself.

a2.png~original

Truth be told I don't even need another striker but when offered the services of Valladoids Bueno I couldn't resist. Having witnessed him first hand following a short loan spell at Derby in 2010, I was keen to bring the former Real Madrid striker into our ranks.

Letting the board handle the negotiations, It could perhaps be said that, I maybe wasn't expecting this transfer to...well...happen but not the less he is here now and with a hefty fee behind him, I'm hoping/praying/expecting big things.

Hes good enough to already push the injury prone Suazo onto the subs bench and I'm hoping him and Jamie Ward could soon form a tiny but lethal strike partnership as we look to light up the Championship in 2013.

Who needs defenders anyway?

Last edited:
2013 is here! The year of the Ram...actually its the snake but non the less, lets do this!

Championship
1st January 2013
c2.png~original

Well that wasn't exactly the start I was hoping for. After just four minutes league leaders Barnsley opened the scoring and for eighty six minutes we struggled in vein to find a reply, even with the new duo of Bueno and Ward on the field.

FA Cup Third Round
5th January 2013
g2copy-1.png~original

The FA cup is here and were charging into the competition in rampant style. The referee unfortunatley pretty much dictated the entire game, awarding no less then three penalties in the game alone but to his credit it took stand in striker Connor Sammon to send the Wolves packing with a well taken hat-trick.

Championship

12th January 2013
d2.png~original

Once again the referee changed the game. Sheffield Wednesday flew into a strong lead within half an hour, with only Sammon keeping us in the game, however on the hour, the referee sent Cory off for repeated fouling with Llera following him down the tunnel following a second yellow card for continued protesting. With just nine men we soon destroyed the Owls with three goals.

Championship
15th January 2013
e2.png~original

Micheal Jacobs continues to show signs of being a very important player for us with another goal in the first half but a goal against the run of play, threw away all three points, as we struggled to a frustrating draw.

Championship
19th January 2013
g2.png~original

The brightest star in the team is quickly coming to the fore. Will Hughes opened the scoring before adding a third the other side of Buenos first Derby County goal of his second spell at the club. Boltons talisman, Sordell added a goal to make things interesting but a solid display saw us take all three points in comfortable fashion.

FA Cup Fourth Round
26th January 2013
h2-1.png~original

The game burst into life with both teams scoring in the opening ten minutes but a rare error from the ever impressive O'Brien saw the Hornets lead at the break, however no sooner had Watford taken advantage, then Ekstrand threw it away with a high challenge seeing him pick up a straight red. It took us until the second half to break down the ten men when teenager Hoganson found the back of the net, leaving Varela to score just before the final whistle to put us into the Fifth round.

Championship Table
January 2013
i2-1.png~original

Were losing touch with the play off contenders quite quickly now. Despite having a fairly solid month, losing just one game in the league were struggling to pick up all three points with sloppy stages and simple errors losing us far too many points.

_______________________​

An accidental shut down saw me lose the last two games and I had to repeat them, unfortunately things worked out slightly differently....

Last edited:
Have a look at loaning some players in!!

Bueno is a great signing imo i took derby into the prem on fm11 and bought him and he ended up making 30+ appearances for spain with a decent goal ratio!

Hopefully the Derby board won't re-consider your position. You've got some nice pieces to build a real Championship contender within 1-2 seasons. Sadly a lot of boardroom members don't know the word 'rebuilding'. Good luck!

I did Brooksey came very close to signing Jermaine Pennant on loan before realising he is actually a complete *******. As for now I'm going to stick it out with the players I've managed to assemble. I liked Bueno in real life, wanted to sign him and Lupoli two of my favourite loan signings but could only just scrape Bueno into the budget.

I think its been close a few times Warro, I'm not exactly over achieving thus far but I think results have gone my way just before things got really bad, however I'm not sure I will get another contract if things carry on like this.

We're not exactly living up to expectations thus far. My attempts at restoring some Pride to Derby have fallen flat and its fair to say Ive probably come close to losing my job already this season but I'm not about to give up yet. This is destiny after all!

Championship
2nd February 2013

j2.png~original

The final twenty minutes saw a dull game burst into life through George Boyds opener but our two wide men, Jacobs and Varela soon pinned the Posh back, gifting us three important points in the process.

Championship
9th February 2013

k2.png~original

Two victories on the bounce. Jamie Wards first goal in eight games, was enough to secure the win as we crept past fellow mid table side Ipswich. It doesnt quite make up for the five goal thrashing earlier in the season but non the less, a win is a win.

FA Cup Fifth Round
16th February 2013

n2.png~original

It doesn't get much tougher then an away trip to Old Trafford and despite Rooney being sent off, we couldn't quite push past the formidable Red Devils, with only the young Will Hughes giving his value an extra boost with a well taken goal.

Championship
19th February 2013

l2.png~original

Having sent them packing in the FA Cup, the league leaders were in no fashion for a repeat and in ruthless fashion they sent us back to Pride Park with our tails between our legs, following three well taken goals that ended our recent run of good form.

Championship
26th February 2013

m2.png~original

It could be the Champions League final or the Premier League trophy but for Rams fans nothing is more important then the battle of the A52 and boy will they be happy. Bueno becomes an instant hero scoring the opening goal as we routed struggling Forest to romp to victory. The Brian Clough trophy remains at Pride Park.

Championship Table
February 2013

o2.png~original

From mid-table obscurity to outside play-off contenders, the Championship really is a close league. Despite our inconsistent form earlier in the season, we've started 2013 relatively strongly and with the league making its way towards the business end of the season were potentially going to hit from at just the right time.

Last edited:
The play offs are in sight, hopefully Bueno will bang in the goals to send you up! :D

What are the rest of your fixtures like easy run in or some tough away trips?!

I hope so Scotty!

Its not looking great Brooksey, we face three other promotion contenders in the final three games of the season and the rest of the run isn't exactly a walk in the park. Should be tense.

Championship
2nd March 2013

mar13-1.png~original

Derby Countys run of utter dominance over rivals Leeds continues with a fortunate win at Elland road. Both sides cancelled each other out in the first half and with neither side able to break down some sturdy defending it took a Coutts free kick, six minutes from time, to ****** all three points.

Championship
5th March 2013

mar13-2.png~original

Only the second goalless draw of our campaign and boy was it not welcome. In a lacklustre match neither side looked capable or willing to throw anything into attack, as Middlesborough clung onto a point to ease their relegation fears whilst we missed out on a chance to increase pressure on our play off rivals.

Championship
9th March 2013

mar13-3.png~original

Two first half goals from, a pair of our most consistent performers, Jamie Ward and Paul Coutts settled the tie against a Charlton side fighting desperately to avoid relegation. We're back in the mix again and with the games coming thick and fast we cant afford to take our foot off the gas.

Championship
16th March 2013

mar13-4.png~original

We just cant get to grips with this Birmingham side. A dominant display from Murphy ensured the Blues would run out clear winners as our three man defence failed to cope with a bullish Birmingham. Any hopes of making this play off push easy on ourselves are disappearing fast. Were in for a scrappy fight now.

Championship
30th March 2013

mar13-5.png~original

Two goals in the first twenty minutes from our small but effective strike partnership was enough to see off a spirited Huddersfiled. A strong second half display almost saw the Terriers pick up a point but when frustration caught up with Clayton, his red card soon ended their hopes.

Championship Table
March 2013

mar13.png~original

So after a month of football and five crucial games we've moved absolutely no where but that's not such a bad thing.

Now locked in what is certain to be a fierce play off battle with Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton and Barnsley this is certain to go down to the wire. Every single game from this point onwards could decide our fate but were determined to make the most of it.

Love the realistic idea of not achieving in the game by finishing 1st with a mediocre team all the time. Hope to see Hughes and Bennett kept hold of as they turn into fantastic internationals.

loving this! always liked the derby team especially the squad they got in FM13!

Thanks TicTac, as much as I would like to take credit for keeping this realistic its more a case of me not being very good! Im determined to try and keep them tied here but I think its going to be tough.

Cheers Damien, yeah its sure does have bags of potential.

The final full month of fixtures stands between us and a chance of redemption in the Premier League.

Its going to be a tough one as we go up against three of our fellow Play-off contenders but with fortune bringing us this far, were determined not to let this chance slip by.

Championship
1st April 2013

apr13-1.png~original

An important start to a crucial month. It had the makings of another anti-climatic derby game but mid way through the second half we burst into life, with veteran attacking midfielder, Tote and one of the seasons outstanding performers in Micheal Jacobs both netting within a minute of each other to settle the tie and push our East Midlands rivals closer to relegation.

Championship
6th April 2013

apr13-2.png~original

Another tight game but more importantly another three points. It took a clinical Bueno penalty to settle this one as we narrowly overcame a Cardiff side who have had an incredibly disappointing season thus far. Were currently well on track to grab a play off spot but things are about to get harder..

Championship
13th April 2013

apr13-3.png~original

A winner takes all game boiled down to a solid draw as both sides settled for a point in there bitter chase for a play off spot. It started well with Buenos eleventh minute goal but it was soon cancelled out nine minutes later to leave us still head to head with the other chasing teams.

Championship
16th April 2013
apr13-4.png~original

Unlike Blackpool, Brighton were more then willing to fight for the play off spots, rifling in three first half goals to leave us staring at a heavy defeat, however a heroic effort in the second half saw us cling onto a valuable point as Jamie Ward and Tote dragged us back to a draw. This is getting seriously tight.

Championship
20th April 2013

apr13-5.png~original

Seemingly safe in their play off spot, the Hornets have completely bottled it, and have been pulled straight into our fierce play off race. The Udinese "B" team were quick to try and make amends with a first half goal but Suazos first goal this year and teenage Hogansons extremely late winner only added to their woes.

However it wasn't all good for us either. An injury to key striker, Jamie Ward will rule him out for our final two league games and potentially the playoffs.

Championship
27th April 2013

apr13-6.png~original

Our luck had to run out at some point and despite opening the scoring we failed to kill off the Eagles and with just ten minutes to go they turned the game on its head as Jedinak smashed two home to put us back into danger and give Palace some breathing room in the relegation dogfight.

To add to our troubles, Alberto Bueno has joined Ward on the injury list leaving us with just the ageing Honduran Hit-man and the misfiring Connor Sammon to play in our final game of the season.

Championship Table
April 2013

apr13.png~original

One game left, just ninety minutes of football between us and shot at returning to the Premier League.

Were within touching distance of the play offs but with Bolton, Brighton and Burnley all managing to match our impressive month we still sit a point behind them. Its going to take some good fortune to see us grab one of the spots but if there's one thing to take from the Championship, its that anything can happen.