The Yellow and Black Brigade - A Dortmund Story

Hector89

Reaction score
THE JOURNEY BEGINS:

A lot of credit has to go to Jurgen Klopp who put Dortmund on the European map when they were no where. He won two consecutive Bundesliga crowns toppling Bayern Munich. But Bayern emerged stronger than ever. Juup Heynckes led the team to a fantastic treble thwarting Dortmund at every stop. A team which will go down as a legendary unit. Even Transfer wise, there was no good news for Dortmund. Out went Gotze first, an incident which silenced the entire club. Lewandowski, one of the world's best hunter goes to Bayern on a free transfer next season. This blow was too much to stomach. Klopp left the club as a result knowing that he wouldn't be short of offers, as he is a hot property in football like Lewy and Mario, if not hotter. Dortmund turn to an untested young German manager who has big plans for the club and looks promising. "A brilliant young Manager for a brilliant young squad", said Watzke, when asked about the appointment. Stark enters Signal Iduna Park...

SEASON OBJECTIVES

-Top 2 finish.
-Quarter final of the UEFA CL.
-Bring in bright young Germans to the squad.

LONG TERM OBJECTIVES

-What all BVB fans want. Putting Bayern in their place.
-3 successive CLs. Managed 2 with a strong Inter in my previous save.
-Groom a young German regen who becomes one of the world's best players.
-Develop a world class team with top class German players mostly.
-Unbeaten in all the competitions in one season.

KEY PLAYERS

REUS - Rated very high and one of the best wingers that Germany has.

View attachment 341796

GUNDOGAN - A model midfielder with great vision and can only grow considering he is just 22.
View attachment 341793

HUMMELS - A strong, no nonsense centre back who is adept on the ball too. Key to the present and the future.

View attachment 341786

Lewy is leaving next season. So he doesn't make the list.

So, lets get on with it.

TRANSFERS SO FAR

- Zieler is in. He is a good GK and a much needed one at that. Will fight it out with Weidenfeller.

View attachment 341771

-Werner is in. A potential world class player. I overpaid, but I had to have him as he'll be able to make the world take notice of him within 3 years and 16mP is not that big a price considering that.

View attachment 341768

TRANSFER HISTORY

View attachment 341763

I'm trying to get Rode but it doesn't look likely as I'm running a ****** tight ship.

Let's see if this team is enough to achieve the honors this season.

JULY - PRE SEASON WITH THE NEW MANAGER AND THE SUPERCUP

attachment.php

The pre season went really well. We won all our games, albeit against 'not so top' opponents. But we arrived in good condition for the Super Cup against our bitter rivals of Bavaria.

STARK MAKES HIS DEBUT.

The first competitive match has not been kind. But when you want to win your first trophy in your first match, do you expect any less?

So, this happened in the German Super Cup.

Oh yeaaa!!! This was unexpected. We did not just beat Bayern but we dominated them. The scoreline is underwhelming actually. Schmelzer and Werner missed sitters. But it was the Lewy show. He has shown his future club what he is made of. I'll take this happily as I feel that he can be replaced well, if not completely.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Who else, but the soon to be ex-Dortmund man, Lewandowski. He has carved Bayern like a cake when it mattered along with big pre-season performances. He wants us to miss him next season. But we'll see that it doesn't come to that.