The Yellow Brick Road: A flight from Non-league with Farnborough FC.

WILKOFM

Reaction score
YELLOW BRICK ROAD.png

The Yellow Brick Road: A flight from Non-league with Farnborough FC.

Having recently bought a new laptop, the time has come to dive into a non-league to legend series. Following a format reminiscent of the well-known Lollujo series, I've started a new save with a team situated in the lowest division, closest to my home – none other than Farnborough FC!

Commitment to a Team…

Unlike the conventional journeyman approach, I find joy in fully committing to a single team from the start of a save. In this case, my plan is to mould Farnborough FC into a powerhouse, standing by them through the highs and lows. Despite a tumultuous past, including going into administration in 2007, the team is currently on an upward trajectory.

A successful first season in the Vanarama South has set the stage for a squad geared to contend for the playoffs. The presence of rivals like Aldershot and Woking in the league above adds an extra layer of motivation.

Personal Connection..

This journey holds sentimental value for me, as I played for their original team, Farnborough Town FC, at the youth level for a couple of years. I’ve also played numerous games at Cherrywood Road so have already established a nostalgic link to the club.

Main Aims of the Save…

To maintain focus and a sense of purpose, I've outlined several goals for this journey:
  • Establish a home-nation-based team, particularly during the rise through the leagues.
  • Keep expenditures to a minimum, emphasizing the belief that building a solid team in England doesn't necessitate significant spending. Free Agents are our friends.
  • Develop the youth academy so we can seamlessly integrate homegrown talent into the squad each season.
  • Retain some players throughout the entire non-league to legend journey.
Short-term goal: Secure victory in the FA Trophy before leaving non-league.

Long-term goal: Win the FA Cup before reaching the Premier League (Yes this is a super challenge)

Ultimate goal: Construct a squad capable of clinching both the league and Champions League titles simultaneously.

While this is undoubtedly a long-term save plan, I envision it continuing until the release of FM25. The allure of a non-league journey and the gradual ascent up the leagues is simply irresistible and I’m ready to get started!!

#UpTheYellows #FarnboroughFC

Welcome to The Boro...

1. WELCOME.png

Here we are, embarking on day 1 at Farnborough FC. After a quick 10-minute drive to the stadium, we kick off at Cherrywood Road (now known as the Saunders Transport Community Stadium... catchy, right?).

2. STAFF.png

Starting fresh in any new journey is always best when building from the ground up. That holds true here as we assess the staff. Currently, we have only 4 part-time members, with the remaining 3 on non-contract terms.

I plan to make adjustments gradually throughout the season to avoid unsettling the team too early. The goal is to bring in experienced personnel and staff members who can accompany us on our journey up the leagues.

The Squad!

3. FULL SQUAD.png

Here's how our squad looks on day 1, but it's important to note that these players might not last for too long. While some will stay, expect significant changes this summer. Non-league football is characterized by a constant influx and outflow of players between clubs.

I have my eye on a few key players like Jack Turner, Seliem Saied, and Oliver Pendlebury, aiming to secure long-term deals with them. They definitely possess the potential to play a substantial role in the lower divisions and beyond.

Our team will be shaped around a 4-3-3 formation that has brought success in this year’s game for me. Playing 2 mezzala's in the middle allows them to roam freely and contribute offensively. The plan is to reinforce the midfield with goal scorers while establishing a solid back line capable of performing at this level and beyond.

4. BOARD VISION.png

After a successful first season in the Vanarama South, the board now expects us to maintain good form and aim for the playoffs, which seems quite achievable. While cup competitions aren't a top priority for the board, a decent run in them can bring in extra funds to support the club.

Additionally, the board encourages the recruitment of U23 players, a goal well within reach. However, I anticipate some semi-retired players making occasional appearances as well…

5. TEAM OVERVIEW.png

Lastly, let's take a look at the club as a whole. There's a substantial amount of work ahead to reach our desired position, but that's all part of the journey. With a pre-season prediction of 5th place, our aim is to start strong and push for promotion in season 1!

Season 1 – Summer Transfer Recap

1. TRANS OUTY.png

Our squad overhaul is off to a promising start, although we did face financial constraints. To boost the club's funds, we focused on strengthening the starting 11, parting ways with fringe players to allocate more money to higher-quality additions.

Notable departures include Robinson and Ball, whose wages were redirected to reinforce other positions. While I won't delve into every move, these moves left us with just 15 players. It was a necessary step to reshape the squad for the upcoming challenges and I think we’ve been able to do that pretty well!

2. TRANS INY.png

We swiftly secured several free transfers and a few loans, keeping our expenses at bay.

The new squad now includes:

• Hammond – GK – A reliable backup for Turner.
  • Madelin – CB – A key addition to our starting lineup.
  • Armitage – CB (Loan) – Though lacking first-team experience, he looks like he could show promise with consistent game time.
  • Watson – CB – An experienced signing capable of playing right back when needed too.
  • Barnett – LB – Unexpected, but brought in due to high interest in Norville-Williams.
  • Otseh-Taiwo – RB – A cost-effective depth piece for the backline.
  • Cesay – RB/CM – A versatile player, capable of contributing in defense or midfield.
  • Brooke – CM (Loan) – Secured after weeks of effort, offering goal-scoring potential in that mezzala role!
  • Babic – CM – Added depth to navigate league games and cup runs, untapped potential maybe?
  • Higgins – RW (Loan) – A bonus loan, strengthening our right-wing options and probably get a lot of game time.
  • Kolli – ST (Loan) – Impressive start with four goals in four games, sharing the workload with Folivi could be pivotal for us!
The Squad Now…

3. SQUAD.png

With only three players remaining from the original Farnborough squad in the starting 11, our approach to have league success is clear. The attacking line appears solid, but the revamped backline is particularly noteworthy, potentially ranking among the league's best.

Despite having a young squad, the added depth positions us as strong contenders. We've climbed from 5th to 3rd in the season preview, indicating a promising season ahead.

Now, let's dive into Season 1! #UpTheYellows #FarnboroughFC

Season 1 – Mid-Season Update

It's hard to find the right words to express our current situation – it's beyond what we could have hoped for!

1. results legae.png

Since day 1, we've been flying high, currently on an impressive streak with just 1 defeat and 4 draws. Dominating the league with a sturdy defense, featuring standout performances from our mezzala’s Pendlebury and loanee Brooke, along with the formidable presence of Kolli leading our attack, we've established ourselves as a top-tier team.

Surpassing my initial expectations, our early success can be attributed to our efforts in retaining key players during the January transfer window. With less than half the season remaining, we find ourselves in a promising position.

2. TABLE.png

Despite our exceptional start, we've only managed to pull 5 points clear at the top, with Yeovil hot on our heels. Recognizing that only one team is guaranteed promotion, we are fully aware that maintaining our peak performance is crucial for the remainder of the season.

Noteworthy is our prolific goal-scoring record of 102 goals so far, with Kolli showcasing his goal-scoring prowess. Our aggressive 4-3-3 formation ensures an all-out attack in every game, complemented by the best defensive record, making it challenging for opposing teams to break through.

3. CUP RESULTS.png

Our success extends beyond the league, with exciting cup runs underway. Advancing to the 5th round of the FA Trophy and reaching the third round of the FA Cup, where we faced Arsenal, may have ended in a 4-0 defeat, but such experiences are invaluable at our current level, evident in the positive impact on our finances.

6. FINANCES.png

Dipping our toes into the Transfer Market

4. TRANS OUT.png

While the lower levels may not have traditional transfer windows, we’ve been keeping a keen eye on potential moves, especially during January. Clearing space for potential incoming players meant parting ways with Cullen, Young, and Perez, who were seeing minimal playing time. The departure of Norville-Williams, though planned, was annoying due to the modest £2.2K fee and player discontent. Despite the setback, such decisions are inevitable at this level of part-time contracts.

5. TARNS INS.png

Although January didn't bring any eye-catching prospects in the scouting reports, we made moves beforehand. Djau-Codjovi, a versatile winger, joined the club, offering depth and complementing Saied and Higgins effectively.

Reeves and Kenlock arrived on non-contract deals to provide cover during injuries, with Kenlock already making appearances at left-back and Reeves securing a starting role in some games.

With only 13 league games left, I'm gearing up for a rapid chase towards the title. Stay tuned for the next update!

Season 1 – Farewell Vanarama South

1. NEW CONTRACT.png

Before we delve into the details, here's some personal news: a new deal has been secured, ensuring our presence here for the foreseeable future! Although the pay increase is modest, it's good to receive early support from the board.

Results

2. fixttures league.png

Reviewing the remaining league games, we experienced just two additional defeats, one of which occurred on the last day when we fielded the youth team. Notably, contributors like Brooke, Kolli, and Higgins played pivotal roles in securing victories. Our defense held strong, conceding only 10 goals in the final 15 games—a commendable performance.

3. CHAMPIONS!.png

This success of course translated into promotion as champions of the Vanarama National League South!! Wooooooo!

4. league table.png

With an record-breaking 121 points and a goal difference exceeding 98, we dominated the league, outpacing competitors by at least 12 points and clinching promotion with a remarkable 25-point lead! Cheers to an exceptional season!

5. fa trp[hy results.png

Regrettably, our impressive cup run concluded with a narrow loss to Torquay in the final. While disappointing, especially in a cup final, the lack of quality on the day, coupled with a 1-0 defeat a month after the league season, tempers the disappointment slightly.

The Squad

6. overall squaddd.png

Now, let's recognize the squad that propelled us to glory this season! The consistency of a settled squad is evident, with each player in the back line playing nearly 40 games. Remarkably, we also avoided major injuries, a considerable advantage given our smaller squad size.

I was able to secure Ben Paton towards the end of the season to fortify our midfield trio, a move that paid dividends with some crucial goals. Scoring prowess proved vital too, boasting five players with 15+ goals, and leading man Rayan Kolli notching an impressive 54 goals!

7. kolli is a hero.png

Unfortunately, QPR sees Kolli as League One material, preventing a return on loan next season. Despite this setback, I'll persist in negotiations for sure. Kolli's stellar performances, surpassing his target of 16 goals, make him an invaluable asset.

Looking Ahead to Next Season...

8. budgets.png

Our ascent up the leagues has granted us a more substantial budget, totalling £233K. This financial boost enables us to strengthen our squad for the challenges of the next level, with a focus on maintaining a top wage below £1000 p/w.

9. incomings for next year.png

Already, we've started making moves, establishing some sort of unspoken connection with Arsenal. Kacurri and Rosiak, promising young defenders, join our ranks, along with Dudziak, a reliable CM set to replace departing loanee Brooke. Additionally, Benjamin, a young striker, is poised to contribute in a rotational role. A solid start to the summer window!

Now, it's time to embrace the sun, savour a couple of piña coladas on the beach, and gear up for a summer transfer season!

Season 2 – Silly Season is upon us…

Season 2 has arrived, and it's being dubbed as the "Silly Season" for us at Farnborough. We kick off the season with what can only be described as sheer madness. The doors of our club have swung open and shut countless times over the summer, resulting in a new ensemble of players who, despite being considered loose ends, have joined forces to give us a solid chance at securing back-to-back promotions. Let's delve into the notable moves that have unfolded.

Transfers Out

1. TRANS OUT.png

On a positive note, we managed to generate £140,000 in the summer, and there's more to come from the sale of Cesay. I adopted a strategy of accepting deals with substantial value to reinvest in our main eleven this year.

This approach led to the departures of players like Jack Turner, Goran Babic, and Paul Watson. Most of them were seeking new contracts, making it prudent to part ways before committing to undeserved high wages.

Additionally, Saied, Kacurri, and Hammond were loaned out for the season, with the hope that they gain valuable game time and return ready to contribute to the squad next year.

Transfers In

2. TRANS IN.png

We've made a whopping 14 additions, including three loans and no transfer fees paid. These signings complement the four Arsenal youngsters we secured at the end of the previous season. Here's who we brought in:
  • Hillson – GK – our new no.1, being brought in the replace Turner and still only young.
  • Daniels – GK – Our final signing of the year, just to back up Hillson for when we need him.
  • Brown – CB – Solid CB and a leader too, has the potential to be first team captain for years to come
  • Denham – CB – Our new partner to play alongside Brown, Hasn’t played much in the last 2 years but an academy product of Man Utd so looks like a good addition.
  • Oyegoke – RB – A new member of the defensive team, will probably be more of a backup to our new loanee
  • Acheampong – RB (on loan) – Brought in at the end of the normal window and is now our star right back. Only a 6 month deal at the moment though.
  • Haunstrup – LB – One I know well from his Pompey days, a great addition to play both LB and RB here
  • Smith – DM – Our most experienced player at 33 years old. Played plenty of league one football at Derby last year so a good addition
  • Djedje – DM (on loan) – One of my favourite signings this summer, has never had first team experience but on paper he’s got the ability to be a real star for us at this level.
  • Orford – CM (on loan) – our first loanee, really good depth for the midfield trio.
  • Peupion – RW – A more experienced winger from the league above, a great addition to this young squad.
  • Ryan – LW – Another Arsenal youngster with bags of potential but not much to show for it at the moment
  • Kamwa – RW – Another winger to add to the collection, with 37 apps last year in league one for Burton, I cant see how we’ve got him at this level… but we’ll take it!
  • Sotiriou – ST – The new leading man after being let go by Leyton Orient. Scoring 25 in 115 games isn’t great but he looks like a real steal on a free move for us.
3. SQUAD NOW.png

This influx of talent results in a 22-man squad, combining skill and experience at a higher level than ours. Remarkably, we've managed to keep our highest wage under £1000 per week too.

Only Paton, Barnett, Pendlebury, Madelin, and Djau Codjovi remain from last year, raising concerns about squad consistency in the initial months.

Media and Expectations

4. SEASON PREVIEWS.png

Despite potential squad challenges, the media is lauding our efforts, pegging us as favourites for promotion. The stakes are rising.

Around The Club

5. STAFF NOW.png

Club upgrades and requests for development from the board are underway. The backroom team is expanding, promising positive growth in the seasons ahead.

6. FINANCESSSS.png

In the midst of all these changes, we've managed to retain £1 million in the bank, signalling prosperous times for The Boro.

Now, the anticipation builds as we aim to see if these moves will translate into success in Season 2, marking our return to the Vanarama National for the first time since 2005.

Season 2 – Mid Season Update

Let's kick off this latest update with some positive news on two fronts! The board has appreciated the excellent work we've been doing during our tenure, rewarding me with a new contract extension until the end of next season.

1. new contracccts.png

Moreover, we've strengthened our solid relationship with the board and seized the opportunity, successfully requesting and receiving approval for an upgrade to our training facilities. While the cost amounts to a hefty £750,000, it's a worthwhile investment for our club's development, making it a prudent decision to proceed with the upgrade.

2. training facilities.png

Results…

3. RESULYTS.png

Results-wise, we've had a remarkable start to the season with just one loss and three draws. It's safe to say that our team has performed exceptionally well, dominating the league even more than we did in the previous season. Goal-scoring machines Sotiriou and new loanee Nathan Lowe have played pivotal roles, contributing significantly to our success.

Maintaining a smooth rotation has been crucial in keeping our players happy and avoiding major injuries. However, despite our on-field success, we're facing challenges in attracting large crowds, something to keep an eye on as we progress up the leagues.

4. league table.png

With victories piling up, we currently lead the Vanarama National League with a healthy points margin and games in hand. As we aim for little changes, the hope is to maintain this momentum and clinch some trophies by the end of the season. Our ongoing participation in cups serves as both a financial boost and an opportunity to distribute playing time across the squad.

A Couple of Changes…

5. TRAN OUT.png

In terms of roster changes, a successful season always brings about some discontent among players seeking more game time. Consequently, we've let go of Madelin and Djau Codjovi during the winter window, not for a substantial amount of money but to avoid contract expiration issues. Additionally, we've loaned out a few youngsters to ensure regular playing time and reduce the wage bill.

6. TRAN INN.png

Regarding incoming transfers, most of the activity occurred in the first couple of months of the season. Donacien, an experienced defender versatile across the back line, and Nathan Lowe, a promising young striker on loan from Stoke, were early additions. Recently, we've brought in Joe Williams, an experienced holding midfielder, and Fred Onyedinma, considered a first-team player for a League One team, adding strength to our squad. Also, even with these changes we have still yet to spend a fee on a player which is a nice postive.

As I gear up for the remainder of the season, I appreciate your support and hope to return with some silverware, potentially securing Farnborough's place in League 2 for the first time ever!

Elevating to New Heights: Season 2 Triumphs Unveiled!

1. lwague fixtures result.png

The green expanse of dots unfolding before us is a clear sign that it's time to revel in our success! Once again, we've dominated the league, embarking on an incredible winning streak. The numerous clean sheets underscore our winning streak, with players like Lowe, Sotiriou, and Onyedinma consistently scoring goals in the second half of the year and solidifying our top spot in the league.

Celebration is in order as we not only secured promotion but also clinched the league championship! Farnborough is set for exhilarating times at the highest level in its history!

2. champions.png

2.1 TABLE.png

Finishing the season with a staggering 37-point lead is nothing short of remarkable. We suffered only two defeats, drew three games, and boasted an impressive +115 goal difference. It's safe to say that this has been one of the best seasons, even in my Football Manager history!

And let's not forget the excitement of our cup runs...

3.1 cup resultsy.png

It may sound unbelievable, and admittedly, I felt a bit dubious myself. Let's delve into our FA Cup journey.

A non-league team facing off against Coventry, Wolves, Blackburn, and Bristol City to reach the FA Cup Semi Final is quite generous. With our exceptional form in the league, I ensured our best 11 were on the field for each game. The run wasn't a mere scrape-through; we boldly faced higher division opponents and emerged victorious.

Our loanees proved their worth too, providing solid quality when needed. While Man City proved a formidable challenge, the unprecedented nature of our run is something to enjoy.

3.2 trophy champions.png

Winning the FA Trophy, especially against Torquay after last year's final defeat, adds another layer of triumph to our season.

Squad Overview

5. full squad.png

This squad has been a joy to work with this year! Not only did our starting 11 dominate in both league and cup matches, but we also had various options to rotate the lineup each game. Except for a few young players and a long-term injury to Williams, every squad member received ample game time and rest.

Lowe and Sotiriou scoring 35+ goals is phenomenal at any level. With six other players scoring 10+ goals and our wingers contributing with 22 and 11 goals, our tactics have proven highly effective.

Take a quick look at our standout players, Okonkwo and Sotiriou!

5.1 okonkwo free and decent.png5.2 sotiriou scorer.png

Club Transformations

With news of our promotion, emails flooded in detailing changes around the club.

Firstly, we are now transitioning to a professional status—a significant achievement as we aim to nurture a young squad on a limited budget while ascending the leagues.

6. professional.png

More good news follows as we embark on upgrading our stadium to comply with league rules. Works are underway to install additional seats at our venue.

8. ground improve.png

Unfortunately, just days later, we learned that our chairman is stepping aside, with new owners poised to take over. While investment is welcomed, it's bittersweet to part ways with those closely tied to the club. The summer will reveal if any deals come to fruition.

7. chairman leaving.png

Despite these changes, a fantastic cup run has left us with a healthy £2.4 million in the bank as we enter the professional game, where costs are set to rise significantly.

9. finances.png

10. budgets.png

Even with a comfortable financial buffer, we have a modest budget upgrade for the upcoming year. Despite all players currently on part-time deals, negotiating new contracts at £3000+ a week for everyone will quickly deplete our budget. Expect a few strategic signings to bolster the squad and challenge for the next level!

A New Chapter Unfolds – Season 3 Begins!

Season 3 marks the inception of a new era at the club, and we're thrilled to welcome you to the Baker Era!

1. board takeover.png

In exciting news to kick off our first professional season, Jacob Baker has taken the helm, injecting both enthusiasm and financial support into the club. While the expectations are high, the influx of funds opens up exciting possibilities for us to strengthen our squad.

2. new budget.png

Transfer Season Highlights:

3. TRANS OUT.png

Our transfer budget has received a boost, with an additional £1 million generated, putting us in a robust financial position. However, navigating the player market posed challenges, with some demanding exorbitant wages. In response, strategic decisions were made to part ways with certain players and streamline the squad.

Thinning down the squad was necessary due to financial fair play rules in League 2 and League 1. Although tough decisions had to be made, the arrivals of new talents and some star studded loanees promise a stronger squad.

New Stars in League 2:

4. TRANS IN NOW.png

Meet some of our new stars set to make an impact in League 2:
  • Ogunneye – RB – another young defender who comes in as the new starting RB
  • Baptiste – CB – another leader at the club, only 21, but will be a star player for this year and beyond I’m sure
  • McArthur – CB – I know him from his Newcastle time so took a punt on him to be a solid CB for us. Unsure how he’ll be but worth a shot.
  • Boyes – LB – The first of our 2 new LBs, still very young and a solid backup for a more experienced head.
  • Townsend – LB – A slightly unexpected deal but comes in as our best LB, with Championship experience the last 4 years and 32 years old, a solid addition and now club captain!
  • White – DM – Only 22 and not much first team experience but fits both the DM and Mezzala roles we play!
  • Leonard – DM – Love this signings, he can play anywhere in the middle, only wants to be a fringe player but will play a lot more than that.
  • McMahon – CM – another 19 year old with solid quality to build up our new look midfield
  • Rigge – CM (Loan) – Our first loanee who brings some top flight experience and looks to be an ideal Mezzala. Does have an injury that will keep him out to begin with though.
  • Lawrence – CM/LW – a little risk taker at the end of the window, with him out of contract the Welsh international accepted our deal. Hes the highest paid at the club but hopefully he’s worth the money!
  • McAllister – RW/LW – Currently can only play RM but training him up to be a squad player on the wings, again only 22 so nice and young with potential and value there.
  • Young-Coombes – RW/ST – Will be a solid addition to play both on the wing and up top. Has played a couple of games for Brentford recently too and looks to be someone way too good for this level.
  • Warhurst – ST (Loan) – A cheeky Man City loan can never be a bad thing! Solid striker with only £300 a week wages! Lovely job…
Favourable Odds and Aspirations:

5. SQUAD.png

With 13 new signings, we embark on the season with a drastically different-looking, secure, and quality-packed squad.

6. PROMOTION ODDSY.png

The odds are in our favour, as we are overwhelming favourites for the league title. And with the board aiming for promotion with a plan to reach the Championship within three years this is something we really need to be able to follow up this season!

Around the Club:

7. STAFF SHORTAGES.png

While the new board constraints limit staff additions, we remain optimistic about the team's development. A strong financial foundation, coupled with strategic dealings, positions us as one of the better-run clubs in League 2.

8. FINANCES.png

The goal is to capitalize on the bloated budget and strive for a remarkable third consecutive promotion in as many years.

Join us on this thrilling journey into the Baker Era as we aim to make a mark in the league and build a legacy at the club! #UpTheYellows #FarnboroughFC

bro thats amazing i need help for a save i do a season with one team then get board can you give me tips please

Season 3 – A Late Mid-Season Update!

With high board expectations and a substantial investment from the new owners, the pressure has been on for us to succeed at the highest level! So far, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing!

Results

1. LEAGUE RESULTS.png

Check out that sea of green in our league form! This update is a bit later, and we've already played 30 games in the league. As you can see, we are in top form! Our star man Young-Coombes has been scoring goals alongside the prolific loanee from City, Warhurst. With another strong back line, we are taking the league by storm and look poised to complete three promotions in a row! Even the games where we dropped points have been close, so we could be even better off this year!

You'll also notice a variety of goal scorers on that list. We've been able to spread the goals all over the pitch, even making the most of set pieces this year, which was a nice addition I wasn't expecting!

2. LEAGUE TABLE.png

Of course, with results on the pitch going well, we sit at the top of the table with 16 games left in the season. More importantly, we’re 23 points ahead of 4th place, so I'd say we're almost guaranteed promotion now! We just need to keep fighting to secure the title…

3. CUP RESULTS.png

Things in the cup have also been going well, with a loss to Crystal Palace in the EFL Cup being an acceptable result. We've exceeded expectations once again. The rotation in our 22-man squad means a lot of game time for the whole team, keeping everyone fresh and in good form. A highlight so far has to be the 6-2 win against Championship side Norwich. We played them off the park and secured a solid amount of money as we reach the end of the year!

A Couple of Moves…

With budgets tighter due to FFP, we've been strict with mid-season transfers. It's time to cash in on some players while their value is high and make some strategic acquisitions.

4. TRANS OUT.png

We say goodbye to Luis Brown, a club captain at one point. Unfortunately, he wasn't playing regularly enough, and it was time to move him on before his contract was up. We also bid a sad farewell to last year's top scorer Ruel Sotiriou, although £425K is a nice bit of profit. With the form of our other strikers, there were games he couldn't even make the bench, so cashing in was the right option.

Ryan and Onyedinma had dropped out of form, so I wasn't too fussed to see them go. Dudziak has gone out on loan to add some value before we cash in on the youngster in the summer.

5. TRANS IN.png

With the five outgoings, we brought in four quality additions to the squad. Conor Bradley, the free transfer from Liverpool, is the right back of our dreams. Miguel Azeez, a star midfielder from Arsenal, joins us on another free deal. The first bit of cash was spent at Farnborough, and it's certainly worth it! Zach Robinson, rated as the best player in the league, was acquired for £99K in compensation. He can play on both wings and up-top, and I'm sure he'll be relied on heavily in our continued rise up the leagues! Finally, on deadline day, we added depth in the middle with another loanee from Man City, Charlie Gray. All four are quality additions that will help us not only push on this year but be solid players next season!

6. STARTING XI.png

With all of that said, here's how the squad looks as we enter the final third of the season. We're a pretty settled squad as a whole, and with the new additions, we have an improved starting 11! I've started to train a more defensive formation that we can use in cup games, but as it stands, we have no need to change when we're doing so well!

Let's see how the rest of the season goes now!!