Godfish93

Reaction score
Firstly, my journeyman file died. That sucked. I was locked in a deep battle with Frem for the title. However, we move on..

I'd like to first point out that this is a challenge created by ri916 and carried on by Braumiller over at the SI forums. The terms are conditions are these:

The Aim
To win your chosen countries' top division and win the Champions League with a previously unplayable club using only your academy as a way of acquiring new players.

The Available Countries
Any Country in Europe is eligible as long as you can get a previously unplayable side promoted from Holidaying.
For example Holland is no longer available as there is no longer any relegation from the 2nd tier.

Database Settings

Mandatory
• Only load the Nation you’re managing in (Broke this already for the sake of other leagues staying competitive)
• Database size can be small, medium or large

Steps When Getting Started

1. Add yourself as an unemployed manager. Call him holiday man if you want.
2. Go on holiday until the reset date of your nation or the day before if you’re planning on reloading.
3. Retire the manager
4. Add a new manager with your chosen nationality and the lowest possible reputation and qualifications
5. Choose the newly promoted club of your choice

Rules for the Challenge

• No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.
• If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.
• No save game editors are allowed. Only cosmetic database edits are allowed. (Team/competition names/logos)
• No international management until completion of challenge.
• Signing backroom staff is allowed. Signing players on trial or signing grey players isn't allowed.

So, that's the rules. I'll be doing this in England, so I've already holidayed on, and have chosen my team. That team is...

In the next post.

So, who did I join?

View attachment 145176

I'm off to Redditch to make them the new Ajax. However, I'm immediately stung by 8 players leaving on frees, with another joining Tranmere. So, based on that, I'm going to have to make an amendment for this transfer window only.

I can replace the 8 players that left with whichever free signings I can acquire. One man was brought in by the old manager, so he offsets the Tranmere bound Osbourne. These 8 players will be my only signings until the Champions League has been won.

So, time for a slightly busier summer than planned...​

So these are the players that I will have to cope with until March..

View attachment 145141

I'll be honest, it's hardly inspiring. We lack many options out wide, so I'll be looking to create a central formation for the rest of pre-season. Realistically, I'd be happy to be taking home mid-table and one good youth prospect for the season.

My primary focus is the cup competitions, specifically the FA Cup. That is our best chance of getting any money out of this season.​

Sigh... so FM loathes me.

View attachment 144719

I have one more thing in mind. That fails, and I'm done with FM til the next edition.

Edit: The file appears to be working again. The journey continues!!​

Last edited:
Hooray! Glad to hear the file is still alive. Having had a file with Redditch myself several years ago, when they were in the game from the start, I was looking forward to seeing how you got on! Good luck getting any decent players through the academy though...