MagicWithin

Reaction score
Yes another story and this shall be my last for a while..

Yes... Yes.. I started another save. However, this one has a slight twist in which you can gather from the title...

So what is it?

I will start with a team in a country which isn't classed a 'Big League' as i get bored of them fairly quickly. I will use a team with good or better youth academy and eventually win the champions league.

So by the title, you can probably guess, I'm going to utilize youth either by buying under 20's or bringing youth from the academy.

I will look at my academy before going out to sign players from other clubs

I will not be allowed to buy over 20's

So what teams to be?

View attachment 988153

Malmo: Malmö Fotbollförening, also known simply as Malmö FF, is a Swedish professional football club based in Malmö. The club is the most successful in Sweden in terms of trophies won, and the only Nordic club to have reached the European Cup final. Formed on 24 February 1910, Malmö FF is affiliated with Skånes Fotbollförbund and the team play their home games at the Swedbank Stadion. The club colours, reflected in their crest and kit, are sky blue and white.

View attachment 209004

Hajduk: HNK Hajduk Split, commonly referred to as Hajduk Split or simply Hajduk, is a Croatian footballhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_footballclub founded in 1911, and based in the city of Splithttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_(city). The club's home ground, since 1979, is the 35,000-seat Poljud Stadiumhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poljud_Stadium, and the team's traditional home colors are white shirts with blue shorts and socks.

View attachment 209003

Red Star: Fudbalski klub Crvena zvezda , commonly known in English as Red Star Belgrade, is a Serbian professional football club based in Belgrade, the major part of the Red Star Sports Society. They are the only Serbian and ex-Yugoslav club to have won the European Cup, having done so in 1991, and the only team from Eastern Europe to have won the Intercontinental Cup,

(copied from Wikipedia)

I'm struggling to choose as each have their own history... Malmo=IBRAHIMOVIC Hajduk=Vlasic Red Star=Only Eastern European to win European trophy... but who will I go as?

Last edited:
I'd say Hadjuk as you have to overthrow Dinamo and then aim for Europe

I'd say Hadjuk as you have to overthrow Dinamo and then aim for Europe

That's what I was thinking and in doing so they have insecure finances which will have added challenges to try and conquer europe by just using Youth

If you are up to challenge in Serbia, you could always play with OFK Belgrade. They have produced some brilliant players in past years (Kolarov and Ivanovic come to mind), they have decent facilities and great youth recruitment. Have some youngster with potential in first team. No need to worry about title challenge, board don't expect it. You'll have two of the powerhouses in Serbia against you, Partizan and Red star, couple teams that are really tough to crack, Vojvodina and Cukaricki. You only need to focus on developing players and keeping them at club when big boys come calling. But there is no doubt, when your youngsters reach their full potential, they could be unstoppable. It's a tough challenge...

If you are up to challenge in Serbia, you could always play with OFK Belgrade. They have produced some brilliant players in past years (Kolarov and Ivanovic come to mind), they have decent facilities and great youth recruitment. Have some youngster with potential in first team. No need to worry about title challenge, board don't expect it. You'll have two of the powerhouses in Serbia against you, Partizan and Red star, couple teams that are really tough to crack, Vojvodina and Cukaricki. You only need to focus on developing players and keeping them at club when big boys come calling. But there is no doubt, when your youngsters reach their full potential, they could be unstoppable. It's a tough challenge...

Sounds like a great challenge! However, Hajduk are swaying me only because of their financial state and it would be a challenge to keep them in dyer needs and be able to challenge in the league and europe.

The Club....

View attachment 208768

I decided to choose Hajduk as they're in financial dyer and with good youth prospects coming through which could propel the club to become one of the best teams in Europe or either help them off the field by selling them to get the needed cash to run the club.

Information about the Club

HNK Hajduk Split, commonly referred to as Hajduk Split or simply Hajduk, is a Croatian footballhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football club founded in 1911, and based in the city of Splithttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_(city). The club's home ground, since 1979, is the 35,000-seat Poljud Stadiumhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poljud_Stadium, and the team's traditional home colors are white shirts with blue shorts and socks.
Hajduk was founded by a group of Split students in a famous tavern known as U Fleku in Praguehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague. Between the early 1920s and 1940, Hajduk regularly participated in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia national championshiphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_First_League. Following World War IIhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II and the formation of the Yugoslav league system in 1946, Hajduk went on to spend the entire SFR Yugoslaviahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFR_Yugoslavia period in top level. Their run continued following the breakup of Yugoslaviahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia, as the club joined the Croatian First Leaguehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prva_HNL in its inaugural season in 1992. They are one of the most successful teams in Croatia and ex-Yugoslavia, having won nine Yugoslav and six Croatian league championships, in addition to nine Yugoslav and five Croatian cup titles.
The club's "golden era" came in the 1970s, when they won four Yugoslav leagues and five Yugoslav cups. Hajduk is also the only club in Yugoslav football history that has won 5 consecutive Yugoslav cups between 1972 and 1977, and also the only club that has won the league unbeaten in 1950. Hajduk`s biggest European achievements are three European Cup quarterfinals, one UEFA Cupsemifinal, and one Cup Winners' Cup semifinal.
The club's main rivals are Dinamo Zagreb, and a match between the two is referred to as the "Eternal Derby". Hajduk Split fans are called Torcida Split and they are the oldest organized firm in Europe, founded in 1950. The inspiration of the name were Brazilian fans at the 1950 World Cup that were called "Torcida".
The Players - Key Players

View attachment 208760Nikola Vlasic - This guy has got potential to be world class. I know we won't manage to keep hold of him forever but at the age of 17, he will get plenty of first team football. He has the world at his feet but he just needs to work hard and focus on his game.

View attachment 208758
Andrija Balic - The defensive midfielder has got the potential to be a very good player in the future and at the age of 18 he will be getting plenty of football just like his team mate - Nikola Vlasic.

View attachment 208754

Tino-Sven Susic - The attacking mid maestro, older than the other two at the age of 23. He will have to impress if he wants to stay in the team but he will be our Coutinho of Hajduk.

Other Information

View attachment 208751
The home kit looks very nice as it's basic with not sponsor which in my opinion makes the kit looks plainer but nicer but the other 2 kits are horrible....

View attachment 208749
The stadium is quite big so we don't need to expand or build a new stadium for a quite some time and the shape of the stadium is very nice.

View attachment 208669
Taking over the reigns

View attachment 208668
Meet Roman Vlasic, Croatian born manager who has played at Hajduk before a reoccurring knee injury forced him to retire at the age of 29. Ever since he's taken coaching courses in order to pursue a career in management.

View attachment 208664
The typical Russian wannabe gangster look - Even though he's Croatian. The blonde hair just looks funny on my laptop due to the terrible graphics. The next Jurgen Klopp? Or the next Tony Pulis?

View attachment 208662
Spent many years trying to work his way up with trying to complete the UEFA coaching badges and decided to have a crack when Hajduk offered him the job.

View attachment 208658
I know this isn't good for my laptop but it gives me the best possible chance to find good youngsters and regens.​

View attachment 207940
______________________________________________________________________________________________
July - The start of an Era

View attachment 207939
Good solid win against an unknown team to me. Thought we could have gotten a few more goals but I'm pleased with the result since it was my first game in charge.

View attachment 207937
Well... This game was sensational. We deserved our 8-1 victory of Olimpic. A 3.5 average rating... Jesus... That's the lowest I've ever seen. We dominated from the very first whistle to the last whistle.

View attachment 207936
A tad bit of fortune in the game, however I think we just edged the game and in the end got the result we deserved. Considering we had just played a Europa league qualifier days before I was pleased.

View attachment 207933
Good result and put us in a very good place as they haven't got any away goals. We were able to dictate the tempo of the game as we were allowed to press up the pitch and this made us win the ball back quickly and allowed us to dominate.

View attachment 207926
View attachment 207924

We were very poor... Not even 1 shot on target! The lads were close to a beating from me but I realized we were outplayed... This is going to be tough to overthrow Dinamo! Nizic accepting a 2 week fine without warning.... that's a first as they usually go mad at me.

View attachment 207923
Good solid win.. Never looked like loosing this game. Much improved game from the Dinamo as I demanded. To be fair we couldn't have done much worse.

View attachment 207921
Well this is interesting... We got drew with one of our rivals.. Should be a heated affair with both clubs having very passionate fans.

View attachment 207920
Good win after a match just after a Europa league Qualifier. Quite lucky to win this game but Kalinic managed to rescue us by saving the penalty. We both we fairly even but we managed to scrape the victory.

View attachment 207917
Great victory against our rivals! Disappointed to concede though however we take a slender lead into the second leg. We need to start using the ball wisely and correctly took be more clinical in front of goal.

View attachment 207916
Great first month in charge. We were able to be clinical when we needed to however against Dinamo we needed to be more creative and work the ball into the box. My plan is to make sure we use the ball more wisely when we get into the opponents final third.

View attachment 206439
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Half Season Update

View attachment 206437
View attachment 206438
The start of the season was a bit inconsistent but as soon as we started playing a high pressing game we managed to gain a foot hold in the league. With the high pressing, it allowed us to counter and create more chances as they had more players up the field.
View attachment 206429
We have looked quality since the change of formation. Not looking like losing games (except for the Tottenham games). If we continue like we have, I see no reason why we can't win the league!

View attachment 206428

View attachment 206427

View attachment 206426

View attachment 206424
View attachment 206423
View attachment 206421
Well, we managed to qualify from our group from 2nd. Tottenham walked away with the group which is not surprising. We managed to get Borrusia Monchengladbach in the next round which will be difficult but I'm always confident about our chances!

View attachment 206419
View attachment 206418
Wel, Roman took part in Movember! Why does he have a ginger mustache though?

View attachment 206416
View attachment 206415
Very happy that 2 of our key players have signed contracts. Hopefully, they will lead us to glory.

View attachment 206414
View attachment 206413
Two very good links. Hopefully I'll be able to get some very good players on loan from them, especially Southampton as they've got top youth facilitates!

View attachment 206412
View attachment 206411
View attachment 206410
View attachment 206409
No surprises for the individual awards except for European Golden Boy in which Memphis won it. Yes Depay won it, who would have thought since he's been bad for Man Utd in real life!

View attachment 206407
Was rejecting offers left right and center for this guy, however I thought we got a good deal with all the bonuses adding up and the sell on fees

View attachment 206405

View attachment 206402

View attachment 206404

View attachment 206403

View attachment 206406
Some very good transfers done with the limited resources. I was going to sign a Red Star youngster until the supporters started complaining about not wanting him. Krovinovic looks like a very good player at 20, he's got good mentals and technicals at just the age of 20. McCarthy, is very good for this league - will be starting most games for us at CB and will provide extra cover at RB. Isgrove, will be mainly a backup winger, especially on the right where it's considerably weaker in depth than the left. Very pacey with decent technicals. Targamadze, will provide extra cover whilst on loan and good good attributes all round!

FINALLY: sorry for the extremely long update but I got through so much in one night that I had to cramp it into one update but I'm considering doing these types of updates because of how long the save is going to be.

Nice job in the Europa League thought you might have struggled a bit to get through and showing Dinamo who is the boss in the league

Nice job in the Europa League thought you might have struggled a bit to get through and showing Dinamo who is the boss in the league

Yeah I thought we would have struggled but since the change of tactic we have been more dominant in the league aswell. Always helps to have a croatian international between the sticks :p

View attachment 205812
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
The Run In

View attachment 205810
View attachment 205808
Quite an inconsistent run in but I started to use more youngsters since I knew Dinamo wouldn't be able to catch us. We have been playing well but we were less clinical than before the Christmas break, this is making me wonder whether we need a first team striker. Happy to stop Dinamo from winning the league as they have done every year since we last won the league in 2005.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Youth Intake

View attachment 205806
A very good youth intake, so many promising players coming through the academy. Boris Anic looks like the most promising player to come through and with his current ability, he's going to get game time at such a young age.

View attachment 205801
Could become world class if trained correctly, his passing, work rate and vision are very good at such a young age. The next Modric?

View attachment 205800
Looks more like a deep lying playmaker, will be training him to play DM so he could become more of a Pirlo esk player and this lad and Boris have potential to be our CM's for years to come.

View attachment 205799
Very good physicals and mentals but technically he is quite not up to scratch but he does have plenty of time to improve on them.

View attachment 205796
Some very good mentals with good physicals. The technicalls could improve but that'll come with age. The mentals could lead him to be a very good player for us.

Other News

View attachment 205783
Signed a 3 year contract extension. I'm excited to be at the club as we have some very exciting prospect coming through the academy.

View attachment 205782

View attachment 205781

View attachment 205780

View attachment 205779

View attachment 205778

View attachment 205777

View attachment 205776

View attachment 205775
Interesting awards... how the heck didn't I or the Dinamo manager even get close to winning manager of the year... FM is sometimes broke.. 6 players in the team of the year just shows how well we played throughout the year.

View attachment 205774

View attachment 205773

View attachment 205772
Nice to see the Croatian league improving and it allows us more teams to get into the champions league.. Also moving up 57 places in the European club rankings is nice as hopefully it'll allow us to attract better youngsters.​