TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
This thread will mainly serve - (or atleast initially) - as a workshop thread until the first patch is out

MSN: [email protected] , for those that wants to discuss FM

First tactics before FM11 release

As written in my last post in my FM10 thread, I would start with the same 4411 in the FM11 demo to see if the same approach would work in this years edition as well

In this flat 4411 we focus the play down the flanks and we use a Target man ( to feet or mixed, all depending on the player)
This player really needs to be up for it as he not only function as the link player but also gets inside the are, seeking free space after having opened up the same for his teammates
The AMC behind him plays, or rather starts in the hole, before moving into channels and/or looks for space, roaming in and outs of the box. Both Wingers have the same settings ( move into channels, rwball often and mixed in everything else) and the same goes for our “non activated” deep lying playmakers

In the 2nd version, the wingers huge the touchline and seek space inside the box when the ball is on the other flank

Download at the end of this post

4411 Roaming Wide Wingers
- Using really quick wingers that have great off the ball stats

4411 TM set to mixed
- Using the normal wingers that moves into channels

Formation ( the sceenshots are from FM10 but never mind that)

sistafm10foprm.png

Team settings

laginstru.png

Shouts and tweaks

Attacking:

Tactic Tweak - - No Target man used ( select none )

Shouts
- Overlap or exploit flanks( against very defensive teams)

More cautious

Shouts

- Retain possession
- Take a breather
- Change focus play to default

Counter

Tactic Tweak- Tick counter attack box

Shouts
- Retain Possession
- Take a breather

Last edited:
Nice, look forward to giving this tactic a go :)

Looks pretty basic, had any luck?

I finished the Demo 6th with West Ham who are pretty **** in the game(especially Obinna?) Won 10 Drew 5 Lost 6.

I think that is a really good result. It seems like the 4411 is a more solid formation than it was in FM10, the deeplying Mc being able to but angels and cover the hole infront of the DCs

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

One more version uploaded called 4411 - romaing wide wingers

Basiclly, this one uses quicker wingers that can really beat their man with the ball

I think that is a really good result. It seems like the 4411 is a more solid formation than it was in FM10, the deeplying Mc being able to but angels and cover the hole infront of the DCs

I thought it was fantastic.

I know it was only half a season, but i've no reason to believe we could not have carried that form on till May.

When you think all i was expected to do was stave off relegation, with a worse team than in FM10 and a 500k budget(instead of £8M) i was pretty **** chuffed tbh, tbh. (H)

I thought it was fantastic.

I know it was only half a season, but i've no reason to believe we could not have carried that form on till May.

When you think all i was expected to do was stave off relegation, with a worse team than in FM10 and a 500k budget(instead of £8M) i was pretty **** chuffed tbh, tbh. (H)

I have now tried both the one you used ( the FM10 tactic) and the one uploaded and the old one is working slightly better

I have now tried both the one you used ( the FM10 tactic) and the one uploaded and the old one is working slightly better

Only tried over a 7pl game period but the FM 10 tactic resulted in 6 wins 1 lose, the new one resulted in 5 wins 2 draws.

Only tried over a 7pl game period but the FM 10 tactic resulted in 6 wins 1 lose, the new one resulted in 5 wins 2 draws.

So more or less the same. Are those friendlys or competetive matches ?

Looks like it'll suit Fulham, I'll give it a go and report back asap.

Looks like it'll suit Fulham, I'll give it a go and report back asap.

looking forward to it. This year, i am basically going to make 3 different tactical setups that can be tweaked into several formations

- The current one that will have a 442, a 4231 and a wide diamond tied to it
- A "352" with 3 more formations..
- A "451" using at least one DMC, with 3 more formations

Is it too early to draw any conclusions ?. For sure, but you have to start somewhere ;D

looking forward to it. This year, i am basically going to make 3 different tactical setups that can be tweaked into several formations

- The current one that will have a 442, a 4231 and a wide diamond tied to it
- A "352" with 3 more formations..
- A "451" using at least one DMC, with 3 more formations

Is it too early to draw any conclusions ?. For sure, but you have to start somewhere ;D
Sounds like a solid plan, good luck with it. :)

So more or less the same. Are those friendlys or competetive matches ?

These were competitive matches, also seemed to work in the Champions league, two 1-0 wins.
(These were all holidayed, so my assistant took charge, I believe if I controlled the lineups it would have had even better results)

They have worked pretty nicely for me so far.

I'm Fulham. Signed Roberto Carlos for £1 million and Roque Santa Cruz for free

They have worked pretty nicely for me so far.

I'm Fulham. Signed Roberto Carlos for £1 million and Roque Santa Cruz for free

I am doing really good with Brum at the moment and I have not used the shouts that much. This means that the tactics - so far - does not rely on making tweaks in or in-game changes but I have managed to turn around some games by simply playing wider and with bombing fullbacks as well as "SUSed teams when on goal up in the 80th minute

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Update.

Finished 6th with Birminham( no transfers)

Going to do it all over again

I would literally kill a human for one of your tactics as Hodgson's 4-2-3-1. Looking to create a Liverpool Guide for FM11, so would be put in there...

i use your tactic with Athletico Madrid looks very good in preseason match only 1 draw against Genoa(away)...probably because i use big players...but first tactic which seems working for me ...from all I tried at this time ...good job ...at the end of season i will share my results( 1 singing Milan Bladej-Dinamo Zagreb...as reserve for midfield ...MRLC)