TheCodfather

Reaction score
Download Link

TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 Resurrection JASSAR SET PIECES

Formation
- 4-4-2 Flat

View attachment 356910

Important Players & How It Plays

First of all a massive thanks to Jassar's awesome set pieces, credit goes to him for helping the tactic to be even better with them included.

The tactic is based heavily on getting the ball out to your wingers who play dangerous crosses in the box and my best assisters have been my wingers unsurprisingly, so it is important to have very good wingers with pace, acceleration, crossing and dribbling, flair could also be useful for getting by players down the line with some skill, it is important to have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger.

It would also help if your Strikers have good heading, and both your strikers will chip in with goals and I have had the left Striker being my highest scorer for Marseille and my right Striker was my highest goalscorer for Man Utd so they can both be equally as lethal.

The rest of the players are self explanatory and I use a player filter from here Football Manager 2014 Player Role Search Filters to help me find players for all positions in this formation as I havn't got many player instructions as I like to keep things as simple as possible so no special requirements are needed outside of role they play in.

Team Training

View attachment 356909

I set it to this from the very start and just keep it all the time, you are free to do team cohesion or whatever you feel is best for pre-season.

Individual Training

View attachment 356908

I set the the players individual training to whatever role they play in the formation.

Opposition Instructions

No opposition instructions.

Tables & Results

With Marseille, after the away loss at Monaco I created the away tactic and have been better away from home since although I'm not too happy away from home compared to my home record where I have only conceded 3 in 10 games.

View attachment 356907 View attachment 356906

With Man Utd, again a very good home record only conceding 3 in 16 home games and I used the main home tactic both home and away and although it isn't terrible I'm not completely happy with the away record.

View attachment 356905 View attachment 356903 View attachment 356904

Summary

I don't claim this to be perfect in any way and I know there is a big improvement that could be made away from home so I am hoping you guys can help with some tweaks to get the away record looking even better, I am very happy with how it plays at home though.

I havn't tried it with any other teams so I need to test with mid or lower teams so please don't be too harsh if it doesn't work for you with Accrington Stanley for example.

Also as a side note if you use any updates like LFCMarshalls excellent database please remember that some teams would have a lot of new players and this can sometimes mean too many new players will be hard to gel so quickly and things may not work out very well!

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions and good luck.

Last edited:
Download Links

HOME TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 Resurrection

AWAY TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 Resurrection

Formation
- 4-4-2 Flat

View attachment 642394

Important Players & How It Plays

The Home tactic has a deep defensive line as I don't want teams to come and try to counter on us with balls over the top or in behind, I have used this home and away before but just don't feel it is quite as effective away from home.

The Away tactic has a high defensive line as I feel when we go away the home team in theory should be attacking us and trying to peg us back with a high defensive line and we want to counter them high up and hit them in behind, kind of opposite to the home tactic, although I feel this does need some work.

The tactic is based heavily on getting the ball out to your wingers who play dangerous crosses in the box and my best assisters have been my wingers unsurprisingly, so it is important to have very good wingers with pace, acceleration, crossing and dribbling, flair could also be useful for getting by players down the line with some skill, it is important to have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger.

It would also help if your Strikers have good heading, and both your strikers will chip in with goals and I have had the left Striker being my highest scorer for Marseille and my right Striker was my highest goalscorer for Man Utd so they can both be equally as lethal.

The rest of the players are self explanatory and I use a player filter from here Football Manager 2014 Player Role Search Filters to help me find players for all positions in this formation as I havn't got many player instructions as I like to keep things as simple as possible so no special requirements are needed outside of role they play in.

Team Training

View attachment 642397

I set it to this from the very start and just keep it all the time, you are free to do team cohesion or whatever you feel is best for pre-season.

Individual Training

View attachment 642400

I set the the players individual training to whatever role they play in the formation.

Opposition Instructions

I have been trying without any at all and getting my Assistant Manager to set them and havn't noticed a massive difference but I feel this could be an area that perhaps need's further testing

Tables & Results

With Marseille, after the away loss at Monaco I created the away tactic and have been better away from home since although I'm not too happy away from home compared to my home record where I have only conceded 3 in 10 games.

View attachment 642402 View attachment 642404

With Man Utd, again a very good home record only conceding 3 in 16 home games and I used the main home tactic both home and away and although it isn't terrible I'm not completely happy with the away record.

View attachment 642407 View attachment 642412 View attachment 642410

Summary

I don't claim this to be perfect in any way and I know there is a big improvement that could be made away from home so I am hoping you guys can help with some tweaks to get the away record looking even better, I am very happy with how it plays at home though.

I havn't tried it with any other teams so I need to test with mid or lower teams so please don't be too harsh if it doesn't work for you with Accrington Stanley for example.

Also as a side note if you use any updates like LFCMarshalls excellent database please remember that some teams would have a lot of new players and this can sometimes mean too many new players will be hard to gel so quickly and things may not work out very well!

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions and good luck.

10 games doesn't say anything , , plz update with End Season Table

Where does it show I have played 10 games? the Man Utd table is 31 games only 7 games to go and Marseille 21 games, I don't always have time to test it thoroughly, I have put it up as it is showing promise and so that the community can possibly get involved to help test it or improve it, I find comments like this extremely ignorant.

I am also using it in an online save with a mate where I am top of the German league with HSV although it is the 4th season but I don't have the table and fixtures to hand as he is the host so I need to wait until he is online to get screenshots when he loads it up.

Where does it show I have played 10 games? the Man Utd table is 31 games only 7 games to go and Marseille 21 games, I don't always have time to test it thoroughly, I have put it up as it is showing promise and so that the community can possibly get involved to help test it or improve it, I find comments like this extremely ignorant.

I am also using it in an online save with a mate where I am top of the German league with HSV although it is the 4th season but I don't have the table and fixtures to hand as he is the host so I need to wait until he is online to get screenshots when he loads it up.
HAHA, sorry dude , I don't relize that is Combine Table :)

No worries, I wanted to show it combined as like I said in the post it's not quite as effective away as it is at home and I wanted to show it's frailties aswell.

the 4-4-2 is one tactic sond good on any FM, so i want try ur 4-4-2

Awesome. Was just about to use the original again and saw this!

Last version leaked goals but was still awesome for LLM.

Can you list the player & team instructions for us Vita owners pretty please? Just do home version if you haven't got the time.

Awesome. Was just about to use the original again and saw this!

Last version leaked goals but was still awesome for LLM.

Can you list the player & team instructions for us Vita owners pretty please? Just do home version if you haven't got the time.

View attachment 356668

There isn't many individual player instructions, CB's have none, RB, LB, MR, ML, and both MC's have shoot less often and the Goalkeeper has distribute to defenders and pass it shorter.

I don't think this tactic will be as good as the original was before 14.3 with lower teams as it is slightly more attacking, but I havn't really tried yet.

Good luck :D

hi....i've got some results with your tactic...just a question do you change anything during the game for ex when you win away do you change mentality or some settings and when you win or lose do you change tactic like passing away to home or opposite....
Thanks

hi....i've got some results with your tactic...just a question do you change anything during the game for ex when you win away do you change mentality or some settings and when you win or lose do you change tactic like passing away to home or opposite....
Thanks

Tbh I havn't really changed too much, I may possibly switch from the away tactic to the home if things aren't going my way but at home I just keep the home tactic on at all times.

Tactic seems good going forward, but leaks goals, currently tweaking the away tactic to try improve it, home tactic is very good though

Hey
Been testing this a bit with Alfreton in Skrill premier, keept the club above relegation, but got topscorer award on one of my strikers. Did get a lot of yellow and red cards tho, with that said the club it self was broke when i got the job, leaving the Norwegian 2nd division club Senja, after a few seasons there.
Gonna test this with another Skrill club soon, where i start the game in a skrill club, could be Lincoln city, just been working on a newly started Man utd, trying to make a tactic for it my self, a 4-1-3-2, yup loves to play with 2 attackers.

TheCodFather
btw we've been talking on steam too, i'm kl_bsup there :)

Hey
Been testing this a bit with Alfreton in Skrill premier, keept the club above relegation, but got topscorer award on one of my strikers. Did get a lot of yellow and red cards tho, with that said the club it self was broke when i got the job, leaving the Norwegian 2nd division club Senja, after a few seasons there.
Gonna test this with another Skrill club soon, where i start the game in a skrill club, could be Lincoln city, just been working on a newly started Man utd, trying to make a tactic for it my self, a 4-1-3-2, yup loves to play with 2 attackers.

TheCodFather
btw we've been talking on steam too, i'm kl_bsup there :)

Hi mate, like you I prefer to play with 2 strikers, I hope your 4-1-3-2 goes well, let me know.

I have updated the first post with one tactic now as the away one was pretty rubbish and I have added Jassar's set piece routine's which has improved it massively aswell, I am currently trying to get into a new long term save with Everton using this tactic and have had a decent start so we'll see if I can carry on.

View attachment 347694

very nice result against Chealsea o.o
Gonna get the updated .tac as soon as i've finished writeing here
1 striker tactic's okay for me if I end in a club with few strikers and no chance get more desent strikers, but in clubs 4 or more okay strikers i wanna use them :D

I might post my 4-1-3-2 on steam as my descritipons might not be detailed enough to meet this forums requirements ;)
my formation on it is:
GK
LB-CB-CB-RB
MC
LW-AM-RW
AC-AC