Theo Walcott- make or break season

Clark_Messi

"Football is everything"
Reaction score
Simple, Theo Walcott has come under severe critisism as he was not progressing.
Now, at the start of the season he seems to be revitalised with 4 goals in 3 games.
People are now saying he could finally be on his way.
So, do you think he will progress and keep this form up this season?
Will he be a world class player?
In my opinion, the answer is no to both questions.

Simple, Theo Walcott has come under severe critisism as he was not progressing.
Now, at the start of the season he seems to be revitalised with 4 goals in 3 games.
People are now saying he could finally be on his way.
So, do you think he will progress and keep this form up this season?
Will he be a world class player?
In my opinion, the answer is no to both questions.
can really give answer either way, like you say its a make or break season, and the season is very very young. what he must is decide what kind of player he is. striker, winger, wide forward? then work at it

This is Theo's Season i think he will at least score 10 goals in the PL this season

I think Walcott will have a good season. Probably score something like 10 goals in the Prem maybe more;)

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I think Walcott will have a good season. Might score something like 10 goals in the Prem...maybe more;)

4 goals already,
he better get 10 goals for his sake or the rest of his season will have been very disasapointing.

Went to see the second day of the Emirates Cup, and he was looking extremely lively even then. He seems to have added freekicks to his repertoire, and his crossing looks much better. I really hope he does well.

I hope he does well but really 4 goals in 3 games and the season is till young,frankly speaking when has Walcott ever performed against a top class side...if he can get a hat-trick against Man Utd then we can say he has improved greatly

He needs to step up this season simple as that. He didn't get picked for the world cup and he needs to use that as a stepping stone to greater things. I personly think up against a quick full back i.e Ashley Cole, Patrice Eva he will struggle to make an impact.

I hope he does well but really 4 goals in 3 games and the season is till young,frankly speaking when has Walcott ever performed against a top class side...if he can get a hat-trick against Man Utd then we can say he has improved greatly

Come on dude thats pushing it! ;)

Anyway, I think he will do well this season if he doesn't get injured again

Come on dude thats pushing it! ;)

Anyway, I think he will do well this season if he doesn't get injured again

I know its pushing it abit, he hasen't reached the same level as David Bentley yet haha.

He's made a good start, I'm pleased. Hopefully he can keep consistency and stay away from injuries. His injuries have really held him back imo.

He's played well against Liverpool on a few occasions, usually when we're chasing a game and there's masses of space for him to run into though.

Hat Trick against Man Utd? Most players would struggle to plan to do that.

I thought the point the pundits made on Sky Sports at half time during the Blackburn game was interesting. He didn't start playing football untill he was a teenager. Most kids start playing around 8 for local teams so to come as far as he has is quite remarkable.

It's too early to say anything about his season, after 10 games played you'll have a better view of how his season may pan out. Best of luck to him though, hope he does improve.

Walcott and Berbatov -- two players to look out for this season imo.

I think he'll get better, but not 'world class', that term is chucked around far to easily in football.

I think Walcott is brilliant and often comes under unfair critism, whenever England play, Walcott is always doubled up on. Even Carles Puyol was confused by England not including them in there squad because they thought he was one of Arsenal's biggest threats against them in champions league.

i dont see how it can make for break for someone who is 21

He's like a younger version of Ryan Babel, can be great on form, pity he hasn't really been on form, bar this season. I think Wenger should give him a few chances up front, to see how he does. Or even let him play up front in the reserves!