mccollio09

Reaction score
So I've got a new theory, it might just be luck but it's a theory nonetheless. The theory is that the more you play "grey" HG players (ie straight out of the academy), the more the game is likely to give you better HG players coming through your own academy.

The save I'm currently doing is with Liverpool and in and around my first team in 2015 I currently have Sterling, Wisdom, Kelly, Robinson and Coady. Obviously Carragher and Gerrard had first team footy too in the past before retiring. That's without counting Danny Wilson and Jonjo Shelvey who I think may count too.

As a result, could be luck and I'm just speculating, I have got some quality regens through my academy every season. Way above the average I am used to with playing as Liverpool or any other top team for that matter on FM. Had at least one 3.5 or 4 star player every season until now and regularly getting several 2.5 stars that later go up to 3 or 3.5 as soon as they have been training for 2 months-ish.

To clarify, my youth facilities have not been upgraded, junior coaching was upgraded once but there was no change in comment on the information of level.

Put this under technical help to clarify if anyone knows the actual physics behind getting in quality youth prospects. Have I just been lucky or is there any proof to what I'm suggesting? I've had saves in the past and played up until 2023 whereby I have state of the art facilities and had only one good player come through that whole time.

It might be a decent theory that the more youth players that make your first team the more your youth development program gets attention.

Keep me updated if you find it to be the case, I saw that challenge the other day, I'm going to give it a go but only from championship.
yeah i will do,-------- not going for the epic challenge then lol...

Could be sound. Hope it is reality because I'm at Portsmouth and I've run short on first teamers(I could only register 10 players) so I've called up my entire reserves and under 18s to help fill the gaps.Currently 6th after 14 games. Would have been 2nd if it wasn't for the 10 point deduction.