Resource icon

ThePav Spirit of 99 Edit 2020-04-27

I've honestly never really had to consider it, but I normally leave it on attacking, I've found switching to positive normally leaves the defence more exposed than with attacking. I tested switching to cautious in the second half of a couple of matches but it didn't seem to impact the defending much and completely stopped any attacking threat. I've found that attack is the best form of defence with this tactic and setting it to cautious makes the defence perform worse.

Started a brentford save with no transfers first window, and this tactic is doing wonders for me!
14 games - 13 wins and a single draw. scoring 41 and conceding 5.
Strikers banging, 14 by Ollie Watkins in 14 matches, and 8 for Marcus Forss in 8 matches.

Also, having a creative midfielder on the BWM position is doing soooo good for me, Mathias Jensen with a avg. rating of 7.79 in 14 matches

This is a good tactic but it really is not that great away from home.

What I've found is this tactic works best as the underdog. If your team is complacent then you will not do as well. I found when I got to the end of the championship season and was 21 points clear with 9 games left, the tactic was a lot less successful, I started losing games by 2 or 3 goals.

with 10 games left of 1st season, i'm 10 points clear with Brentford. Still loving the tactic - motivation seems to have dropped a bit by having such a big lead pretty much all season, so conceding a bit more here by the end of season.

My MCL is not performing well, the mezzala... Do i have to look for any specific stats, what is his dutys in this tactic more specific, and/or can i tinker to another role - having central midfielder(s) or B2B in my mind, maybe also providing more defensive help.

Not thinking of having a playmaker, since my BWM is my main assist man, having picked up 20 assist in 39 games, and avg rating of 7.76.

I've noticed a similar thing in previous seasons, with my mezzela being very inconsistent, either performing very well or very poorly. B2B could possibly work well.

In my current season I have an insane mezzela, signed with 5m release clause from Argentina and scouts saying he is at a leading prem level, and so far he has an average rating of 7.8, he is more of a DLP style player and seems to fit well. He is also currently leading my assists, although I tend to play a more defensive BWM and have the mezzela as the creative player, having a creative BWM seems to be working well for you though so I might switch to that in future. I would definitely experiment with a B2B midfielder though.

i'm having a crazy amount of bookings... but im afraid to tick of "get involdved" and "tackle harder"
Any recommantions?

I have the same issue, but I have normally found that they are spread round the team well and suspensions are normally spread out enough that it doesn't cause too many problems. To avoid red cards I normally set any players on yellow cards to ease off tackles which normally works OK. That being said I do hold the Vanarama National, League Two and Championship records for most yellow cards in a season and am currently 1st in the premier league in fouls and yellow cards.

I used a similar tactic in a Welsh save once, where two yellow cards equals a suspension rather than 5 like in English football, I turned Get Stuck In off and it still worked OK while reducing the number of yellow cards, but in English football its never been enough of an issue that I've needed to change it.

This is a really decent tactic. But second season the **** ******* match engine consistently has me dropping points even though completely dominating the game. How can you expect to enjoy the game constantly changing tactics? it is **** and unrealistic