There is differences between Apply for Job & Wait for Job Offer?

AlanC

Reaction score
I am managing AZ for 3 seasons winning 2 Eredivisie and 1 Dutch Cup. At the end of the seasons, I been invited for an Arsenal Interview! But my happiness is short-lived, as even I agreed to all request of Arsenal, I still will lose out to Vincenzo Montella of Fiorentina. Days after, Fiorentina invited me for interview for the vacant left by Montella. Again, I will failed to go to Fiorentina as they hired an umemployed Allegri.

Still hoping to change club after 3 seasons with AZ, I reload my game to the time I been offered Arsenal interview. Likewise, I failed at the Arsenal interview. But this time, I apply for the Fiorentina post straight after Montella left. Fiorentina gave me an interview, and I answer the interview the same way as the top scenario. This time, Fiorentina approach me.

I am puzzled by how the game process the interview now. Both time, interview are done in the same way. And losing out to Allegri due to the need of Fiorentina to compensate AZ is not an answer as I get the job when I apply for it.

Anyone have the same experience? And able to share any views on the differences between apply for job and wait for job offer?

I am annoyed by this as I always play waiting for clubs to offer me job to advance in my career.

How long from the sacking to the offer when you don't apply?. A possibility to explain it is if you go immediately, the others have not yet applied or been approached and you are good enough to be signed without waiting any more; but if you wait, you're just one of many who have been approached and then one of those many is preferred.

Maybe because you applied for it, it showed you was interested in the job. If you don't show you are interested in the job why would they look at you?

How long from the sacking to the offer when you don't apply?. A possibility to explain it is if you go immediately, the others have not yet applied or been approached and you are good enough to be signed without waiting any more; but if you wait, you're just one of many who have been approached and then one of those many is preferred.

It not long, Montella left Fiorentina on 22 May, Fiorentina will offer me an interview on 26 or 27 May. Even if I apply on 23 May, the interview also happen around 27 May too. Both scenario, Fiorentina appointment is on 31 May. This show there isnt much time differences.

But I had tried reloading 3 times for apply and 3 times for do-not-apply. I found out that when I applied, all 3 times I will get the job. But when I do not apply, twice I given the interviews but still lose out to Allegri, once Fiorentina do not even invite me for interview and they end up hiring Allegri on 27 May.

This mean that your explanation of "A possibility to explain it is if you go immediately, the others have not yet applied or been approached and you are good enough to be signed without waiting any more" is true. And it mean that if you applied and they only consider you, which is something new.