lfc2datop

Reaction score
Announced effective today, 1860 Munich have a new manager. Benjamin DeRomero, an Australian/Swiss former professional football player has been approached by the board of the club and excitedly agreed to the position.

"I have the chance to stick it to the established order, to show the world that it's not only the European Champions that live in this great city."

Believed to be a big fan of the counter-attack, it will be interesting to see how this group of players adapt to the instruction of a man many think will one day reach the very peak of this game.

First off though, the team sharing the famous Allianz Arena need to claw their way back into the big-leagues of the German Bundesliga.......

In a shorter than usual preparation for the season ahead, DeRomero has shown his system may have what it takes to earn 1860 the promotion their fans crave.

View attachment 452668

It has come to opening day, with no major moves being made on behalf of 1860 Munich's new manager.

"I am happy with the players I have, I'm not just going to sign a player for the **** of it" responds DeRomero to questions on his transfer policy. It has been reported though, that 1860 are in advanced negotiations with free-agents Christian Eichner (LB) and veteran Nuno Gomes (ST). Both would most likely fit into the squad as backups to add depth and experience, but would be welcome additions to a side with some real worries about injuries over the course of a long season.

Last edited: