These youngsters just wont listen!

Syd273

Reaction score
Hey, i am currently managing a europe placed sampdoria and i have spent alot of money on youngsters for the future such as neymar, lukaku, hazard, sakho. I dont want to loan these players out as they are part of my first team. im in my 4th season and these players havent reached the potential i was hoping for. Dont get me wrong we are beating teams in the leauge but in europe we just get dominated by barca,utd,chelsea ,real!! Need ideas on how to untap these guys potentials n make them world class?? Cheers

not really a pro in this game, but i would think that they just don't have enough experience against such teams to compete, maybe buy some older italians(or others ofc but italians will be easier ot get i assume) with experience in CL to help them and guide them.

You need to give them very good training schedules and have good coaches at the club, if you haven't done that the past four seasons, it is unlikely that they will reach there full potential.

i have got great coaches virtually all have 18+ ratings with working with youngsters and i have at least 2 coaches working in each area... my training schedules dont look too different from what people have got on here... i got a typical italian rock defence just these youngsters arent making the next step!! morale is high doing good in the league!! just baffling me!

how much exposure have you been giving them? becuase these guys can and should be first teamers by 2nd season. in my game as united. hazard is one of chelsea's best players

By the end of the second season i had bought all these players... 3rd season most where either in starting 11 or on the bench starting cup games easy europe games and bottom league teams! 4th season pretty much played all games of importance!! i think lukaku needs to be playing with someone different! i guess i need a poacher ne ideas?

Takes more than 4 seasons to get the absolute best out of youngsters. Your team is still not strong enough because you still get dominated by the top teams, maybe your tactics dont suit the players and their roles. To help with a youngster's growth you should have sent them out on loan. They learn much more when they play.

Tbh those youngsters are ready for proper football by the 2nd season. For example as Birmingham, Sanogo and Lukaku were my strike partnership, they scored about 20/30 each and in my fourth season Sanogo scored around 54. They should be ready by now.

I think i probs messed up with them! first time i used lukaku on the game so guessing im gunna go for a different approach with a new team but get him back!! cheers for the feedback first time today ive used this site aswel!

I think i probs messed up with them! first time i used lukaku on the game so guessing im gunna go for a different approach with a new team but get him back!! cheers for the feedback first time today ive used this site aswel!
no worries, remember theses guys arent just good players, they are wonderkids, do not be afraid to thrown them in at the deep end. give them a good mentor first season and watch them grow, all of these players youve mentioned should be play 30+ games a season by 2nd season

cheerd buddy... OT: how bad was united performance last night i hope all thse rested players go out and destroy they scousers on sunday!!

I was several times in a similar situation, because I usually start the game with a lower league team and have problems with transfer money and with attracting good coaches. So, it's sometimes like second or even third season when I have the possibility to bring in such young talents. And even if I manage to bring some of them from the first season, I still have bad coaches, but at least I can play the youngsters straight away, because of the lower level of competition. You can see the difference in training and in value increase when you play them regularly in the first team (like in 10 competitive matches you already can see their improvements). Of course, you need a good training schedule as well and an appropriate tactic. Also, when starting with a lower team, you need at least 2-3 seasons to reach the first division in the country, so it takes time. Depends on luck also, for example I bought once J. Helan with like 100k and played him as first team and he never got it going, so I had to sold him in the end (was unsettled, unhappy and bad in training). Another example: I bought once Nsue with the same price, like 100k, and after 2 seasons he was scoring like **** and had value 7 millions, with big teams offering around 15 millions for him. Anyways, you have to make sure you have the best coaches for your level, to play the youngsters in first team, to loan them to teams that play them in first team, to put them to learn from your club best players/icons and so on. The rest, is just luck or bad luck (like I had once, in first season, for example, Shelvey inured twice for a long term, like 6 months totally, with long periods when he was not training at all and, obviously, not playing either).

Good luck with your players mate, cheers!